Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-03-2004, 02:56 PM   #41
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Congrats Dirk

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
Dirk second in ppg 27.3, TD is eighth 23.4, KG is tenth 23.1
KG is first in rpg 15.0, TD is second 12.9, Dirk is fifth 11.4
KG averages 6.4 apg, Dirk 2.8, TD 2.3

Close
On defensive rebounds TD is #1 in the league at 12.2, then Dirk at #2 at 9.6, and then TD at #3 with 8.9.
Old 12-03-2004, 02:56 PM   #42
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Congrats Dirk

if their numbers stay steady...is Dirk only second team all NBA? I see no way they vote him over KG.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 03:01 PM   #43
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
if their numbers stay steady...is Dirk only second team all NBA? I see no way they vote him over KG.
This year Dirk has a better chance of passing Duncan than Garnett IMO. Still while it can be argued that Dirk is having a better season than Duncan, I think that Dirk has to do much better or Duncan much worse for the voters ofthe all NBA teams to pick Dirk over Duncan. IMO Dirk isn't close to touching Garnett so far but that could change if Garnett slows down any but I wouldn't count on it. But if Dirk can average near or above 30 a game, pull down 12+ rebounds a game, average 4+ assists per game, and shoot an effective FG% of 50% or better then I think that he has a chance of catching Garnett but still not a good one.
Old 12-03-2004, 03:07 PM   #44
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

LRB, the voters can justify TD as an all NBA center...but can they do that for Dirk?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 12-03-2004, 03:07 PM   #45
sike
The Preacha

I agree though, Dirk is having a better yeah than TD at this point.

Old 12-03-2004, 03:16 PM   #46
sike
The Preacha

they also go 1,2,3, as leaders in league in double/doubles: TD, KG, Dirk

Old 12-03-2004, 03:20 PM   #47
sike
The Preacha

again, 1,2,3 in Efficiency Rating: KG, Dirk, TD

Old 12-03-2004, 03:30 PM   #48
greensborohill

greensborohill is a jewel in the roughgreensborohill is a jewel in the roughgreensborohill is a jewel in the roughgreensborohill is a jewel in the rough

I few years ago Dirk was voted second team all-NBA as a center I believe. These three all deserve to be first team!! Not Shaq!!
Old 12-03-2004, 03:33 PM   #49
sike
The Preacha

Dirk was playing plenty of center in those days...not so much anymore

Old 12-03-2004, 03:36 PM   #50
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk has always been on the All-NBA team as a forward.

I think it's difficult to crack the tandem of Duncan and Garnett as first-team All NBA forwards, but it can be done. Ultimately, it will depend upon team success. If the Mavs do pretty well and Dirk has a monster year, Dirk has a shot at just about anything, including MVP.

Old 12-03-2004, 03:40 PM   #51
LRB
Guru

Quote:
LRB, the voters can justify TD as an all NBA center...but can they do that for Dirk?
If TD is voted 1st team all NBA center, then KG and Dirk would be the forwards. There are essentially 3 positions of the all NBA teams by my understanding: Center(1), Forward(2), and Guard(2). IMO TD, KG, and Dirk would be the best possible front line combination in the NBA presently, but I don't think that the voters will place any of the 3 players at the Center spot for 1st team (although they may for 2nd team or below). Dirk still plays some center, but not near as much as last year.
Old 12-03-2004, 03:46 PM   #52
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

TD plays his share of center, though. Really, if the voting were done right now it would be a crime to do anything other than fill the first team center and both forward slots with the three of them. Add LeBron at SG (I know he plays more SF) and Nash at PG and there you go. For second team (if anybody cares) I'd go Shaq, Amare, AK, Kobe, Wade.
Old 12-03-2004, 03:49 PM   #53
sike
The Preacha

I'd go Marion over AK, C,....that would make three Suns...

Old 12-03-2004, 03:51 PM   #54
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: grndmstr_c
TD plays his share of center, though. Really, if the voting were done right now it would be a crime to do anything other than fill the first team center and both forward slots with the three of them. Add LeBron at SG (I know he plays more SF) and Nash at PG and there you go. For second team (if anybody cares) I'd go Shaq, Amare, AK, Kobe, Wade.
I agree with that, except that I'd probably take out Kobe and put in Ray Allen.
Old 12-03-2004, 04:01 PM   #55
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'd go Marion over AK, C,....that would make three Suns.
Really? AK was playing like an MVP to start the season. I've never seen Marion go at that level. Or were you just joking (as opposed to making a joke and a serious point at the same time).
Quote:
I agree with that, except that I'd probably take out Kobe and put in Ray Allen.
Oh yeah. Forgot about Jesus. I won't argue with that.
Old 12-03-2004, 04:12 PM   #56
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Really? AK was playing like an MVP to start the season.
AK: 14.8ppg, 7.2rpg, 2.6apg, 4.4bpg, 50 fg%...certainly not MVP numbers

Marion 19.7ppg, 12.1rpg, 2.3 apg, 2bpg, 46% fg%....
I'll take Marion...not meant to be funny [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-03-2004, 05:51 PM   #57
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

AK's +/- is a net +26.5
Marion's +/- is a net -2.2 (though in fairness the two have similar on-court numbers)

AK is one of a handful of guys in the league for whom traditional stats don't even come close to capturing the impact they have on the court. I like Marion, but I'm just not convinced that he's a difference maker of the caliber that AK is.
Old 12-03-2004, 09:16 PM   #58
Mavs414

Mavs414 is on a distinguished road

congrats dirk
Old 12-03-2004, 09:26 PM   #59
bloodyhell

bloodyhell is on a distinguished road

marion does a few things well, kirilenko does everything well. Marion wasn't as hot when nash wasn't there. Neither was amare. kirilenko has no steve nash.

way to go dirk!
Old 12-03-2004, 09:34 PM   #60
bloodyhell

bloodyhell is on a distinguished road

A tad under 47% is great. And you're right, kenny smith is clueless. What also impressed me were his blocks. And i'm with everyone else in noticing that his rebounding has been going way up. I wouldn't be surprised if dirk scored 60+ in an upcoming game. Place your bets on upcoming games where he could do it.

I think there's been a couple of games this year where you could tell dirk might take it over the edge and go mad on scoring. Any time he has around 17 after the first half it seems like he could go nuts in the second if he gets the ball and everything flows right. Anyone else get that sense?
Old 12-03-2004, 09:44 PM   #61
StvNash13

StvNash13 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Quote:
Really? AK was playing like an MVP to start the season.
AK: 14.8ppg, 7.2rpg, 2.6apg, 4.4bpg, 50 fg%...certainly not MVP numbers

Marion 19.7ppg, 12.1rpg, 2.3 apg, 2bpg, 46% fg%....
I'll take Marion...not meant to be funny [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

4.4 blocks per game is pretty amazing.
StvNash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 11:45 PM   #62
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
4.4 blocks per game is pretty amazing.
Especially when the team blocks 7% more shots when he is on the floor. Zero net for Marion.

Kirilenko is +26.5 in plus-minus, Marion is a net -2.2
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 12:52 AM   #63
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Kobe having a low-scoring game against GS (8pts with 2 minutes to go), Dirk might become the top NBA-scorer tonight!

Cool!

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 02:04 AM   #64
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Some quotes on Dirk from DMN's Mavs-Jazz preview:
Quote:
Still singing praises: The tributes keep pouring in for Dirk Nowitzki after his 53-point outburst. "Right now, he shoots with the accuracy of anyone who has ever shot the ball in this league," TNT analyst Kenny Smith said. Said LeBron James: "Nobody can stop Dirk." And then, of course, there was Don Nelson's spin: "You realize that [Calvin] Booth and Nowitzki combined for 56 points?"
And that is why no matter how much Nellie pisses me off with the way he handles centers, I absolutely love having the guy around.