Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: How many wins do the Mavs end up with in 2018-2019?
60+ 0 0%
55-59 0 0%
50-54 2 5.41%
45-49 7 18.92%
40-44 16 43.24%
35-39 8 21.62%
30-34 4 10.81%
25-29 0 0%
20-24 0 0%
fewer than 20 wins 0 0%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-01-2018, 08:23 PM   #1
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Predict the Mavs' record for the 2018-2019 season

Playoff teams that have gotten worse
Spurs
Thunder (well, maybe waiving Melo is addition by subtraction, but they aren't better)
Trailblazers (maybe-- could see them implode if they don't do anything. Mediocrity can damage a lockerroom)
Pelicans - they haven't gotten better and Davis is never healthy

Playoff teams that have gotten better
None

Non-playoff teams that have gotten better
Mavs
Lakers
Suns

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 07-01-2018 at 08:27 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2018, 08:25 PM   #2
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Pelicans are one longer Davis injury away from a Top-5 lottery pick...and he is allready the NBA alltime leader in trips to the lockerroom
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 08:38 PM   #3
3_Ball

3_Ball is a jewel in the rough3_Ball is a jewel in the rough3_Ball is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Playoff teams that have gotten worse
Spurs
Thunder (well, maybe waiving Melo is addition by subtraction, but they aren't better)
Trailblazers (maybe-- could see them implode if they don't do anything. Mediocrity can damage a lockerroom)
Pelicans - they haven't gotten better and Davis is never healthy

Playoff teams that have gotten better
None

Non-playoff teams that have gotten better
Mavs
Lakers
Suns
I can concur with the Pelicans. You can't really bet on a star player being injured, though.

If you're OKC, could this offseason have gone any better? You retain PG13 and Jerami Grant. Effin A! If I'm them. Plus, year 2 for PG & Russ to gel and the team to come together. I don't see how they got worse.

Spurs. Yes & No. They made the playoffs last year with Kawhi playing an ineffective 9 games for them. You could talk me into the idea of them regressing, though.

HOU looks to be worse. They lost Ariza & could lose Capela. Still don't see the Mavs passing the Rockets, unfortunately.

Lakers are pretty much penciled in for the playoffs this year. No telling who else is joining LaBron in LA, but you can bet more additions are coming.

DEN didn't get any worse. Locked up Jokic, resigned Barton. MPJ is a non-factor, but I can't see them winning less games this year without injury playing a role.

Mavs obviously have a chance. You're absolutely right we got better, but to go from 24 wins to 47 wins, 23 wins better? I don't know about that.
3_Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 09:20 PM   #4
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Thunder will be the same give or take a couple games. If they don’t stretch Melo it could take a downturn though.

Nugs are the same.

Trailblazers hit their regular season peak last year. If they don’t add something I could see them get worse.

Spurs are toast. They will miss the playoffs this season.

Houston will be the same. Don’t expect same number of wins but top 2/3 seed.

Got the Mavs at 42 wins. Hope it’s enough.

Last edited by Melonhead; 07-01-2018 at 09:22 PM.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 10:04 AM   #5
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayth.james.g View Post
It's an interesting point, but do you honestly believe we didn't leave some wins on the table intentionally? Also, consider the impact of DSJ year 1 vs year 2. Year 2-3 is when we find out who he is going to be.
This, missing from a bunch of posts is our guy DSJ.

However, it is quite the jump given how hard the Western Conference is going to be this year. A lot of teams got better, including us. However, a lot of teams stayed the same or have questions going into the season.

Rockets - still going to be at the top with...
Warriors - team to beat
Blazers - stayed the same, could even be in for regression
Thunder - ^^^
Jazz - they will continue to improve with their young nucleus
Pelicans - hard one, I think they still end up higher up in standings
Spurs - Kawhi gone and they miss playoffs
Timberwolves - not a fan of their roster set-up

Nuggets - just missed, they should improve or stay same (46 wins)
Clippers - lol Rivers
Lakers - don't think they are done and will make the playoffs
Kings - lol Vlade
Grizzlies - health dependent but still not enough
Suns - improved but still not enough

Overall, if we are being realistic, I can see an improvement to 36-38 wins, but I'm not sure if playoff are realistic. I have:

Warriors
Rockets
Jazz
Lakers
Blazers
Thunder
Pelicans
Nuggets

I think that 8th seed will come down to Nuggets and Timberwolves, with the Mavs knocking on the door. Who knows, it could come together beautifully, and we can make some noise with potential ceiling of the 6th seed. But I find it hard to say we did enough to return to the playoffs with confidence.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 10:19 AM   #6
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Predict the Mavs' record for the 2018-2019 season

Free agency signings haven't even started, but people are already making predictions.

Vote now-- or vote when we actually have our entire roster. Poll closes in 45 days
Old 07-02-2018, 10:22 AM   #7
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Oh God, I want to vote now, cuz... I mean I'm bored and I need to do something. But I know I should wait.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 10:23 AM   #8
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

With signing Seth or a similar player 40-44 and around the #8 spot.

Mavs in the east probably 46+ and a clear playoff team
Old 07-02-2018, 10:25 AM   #9
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

I think we finish with 38-39 wins. Just barely missing the 40win mark I wanted to choose.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 10:29 AM   #10
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

I see 30-34 wins...I like the moves we've made but we are still one of the worst teams I. The West. Suns IMO, are a team full of young talent.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 10:45 AM   #11
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Only differences I see:

Spurs drop out.
Lakers go in.

Then itll be a 5 team battle for 7-8 seed:
Denver
Wolves
Mavs
Spurs
Grizz

Last edited by Melonhead; 07-02-2018 at 10:49 AM.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 10:58 AM   #12
sefant77
Guru

I dont see the Grizz moving up. Conley coming back but he is 32. Parsons is still toast and their rookie is raw. They also may lose Evans.
Old 07-02-2018, 11:11 AM   #13
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Can we fill out the rest of our roster and see what the rest of the league does before having a poll? I feel like it's too soon. We're a far more exciting team already and definitely going to improve. However, it's too early to gauge it.
Old 07-02-2018, 11:25 AM   #14
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Gaw
Lakers
Houston (with capela)
Jazz
Thunder

The rest is a toss up.

I think the twolves and pelecanos might claim the next 2 spots.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 11:26 AM   #15
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
Can we fill out the rest of our roster and see what the rest of the league does before having a poll? I feel like it's too soon. We're a far more exciting team already and definitely going to improve. However, it's too early to gauge it.
That's why I commented that it was probably premature and left the poll open for 45 days

I created the thread because this topic was dominating other threads

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 07-02-2018 at 11:36 AM.
Old 07-02-2018, 11:32 AM   #16
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

I just read the first post and the poll. Definitely premature.
Old 07-02-2018, 12:15 PM   #17
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

I reserve the right to amend these up until starting day haha:

WEST
1) Golden State (62-20)
2) Houston (56-26)
3) OKC (50-32)
4) LA Lakers (49-31)
5) New Orleans (46-36)
6) Utah (46-36)
7) Minnesota (44-38)
8) Dallas (44-38)

EAST
1) Boston (60-22)
2) Philly (58-30)
3) Toronto (52-30)
4) Milwaukee (48-34)
5) Indiana (47-35)
6) Washington (45-37)
7) Miami (43-39)
8) Detroit (42-40)

Last edited by tap2390; 07-12-2018 at 02:44 PM.
tap2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 01:16 PM   #18
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post

WEST
1) Golden State (62-20)
2) Houston (57-25)
3) OKC (50-32)
4) LA Lakers (49-31)
5) New Orleans (46-36)
6) Utah (46-36)
7) Minnesota (44-38)
8) Dallas (44-38)

EAST
1) Boston (60-22)
2) Philly (58-30)
3) Toronto (52-30)
4) Milwaukee (48-34)
5) Indiana (47-35)
6) Washington (45-37)
7) Miami (43-39)
8) Detroit (42-40)
I'd probably put us 9th or 10th, but I think that that's accurate. If Doncic is as promised, Smith takes the huge step forward that we know he can, Jordan clicks, and Barnes is solid, I could see us making a push for the 5th or 6th seed

If we take some time gelling or we just dont have the shooting to keep the offense crisp, then I could see 8-10th

If we have a major injury or chemistry issues (say, with Jordan), then I could see us hitting the lottery hard. Maybe even finishing top-5 and keeping the pick.

Most likely scenario I see is just missing the playoffs or barely squeaking in (8-10)

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 07-02-2018 at 01:26 PM.
Old 07-02-2018, 01:22 PM   #19
3_Ball

3_Ball is a jewel in the rough3_Ball is a jewel in the rough3_Ball is a jewel in the rough

I think Vegas would set our Over/Under for wins right now at 37.5
Old 07-02-2018, 01:23 PM   #20
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

The Mavs go over 50 wins and finish 51-31 and 5th in the West.
Old 07-02-2018, 01:27 PM   #21
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AO41 View Post
Bold! I like it.
Old 07-02-2018, 01:32 PM   #22
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Bold! I like it.
I was just thinking why cant we be this coming season's Celtics. They did a lot of their damage without their big name players and we now have a similar make up.

Good 2nd year player DSJ (Brown)
Good rookie who can do big things Doncic (Tatum)
Good veteran Barnes (Hortford)
Better center...good for our system DJ
3-D guy who hopefully sticks to that Wes (Smart)

with Dirk and a bunch of other veteran/ decent players.

Last edited by AO41; 07-02-2018 at 01:33 PM.
AO41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 02:06 PM   #23
texasbball

texasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to all

I made this observation elsewhere: the whole continent of Europe should be a little nervous. Their best player, in their best league, regular season and post season MVP, now plays for the Mavs. Their. Best. Player. What if he's not NBA Top 50? Worse yet, what if he plays like a rookie? I don't care his age, Europe deemed him their best. Good luck kid. A continent is watching. --- With that said, I think he turns in a great season. Rookie of the year season. Mavs squeeze into the playoffs somewhere.
texasbball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 03:33 PM   #24
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Only differences I see:

Spurs drop out.
Lakers go in.

Then itll be a 5 team battle for 7-8 seed:
Denver
Wolves
Mavs
Spurs
Grizz

Spurs didn't have Kwahi Leonard and still made the post season.
Old 07-02-2018, 03:35 PM   #25
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
I was just thinking why cant we be this coming season's Celtics. They did a lot of their damage without their big name players and we now have a similar make up.

Good 2nd year player DSJ (Brown)
Good rookie who can do big things Doncic (Tatum)
Good veteran Barnes (Hortford)
Better center...good for our system DJ
3-D guy who hopefully sticks to that Wes (Smart)

with Dirk and a bunch of other veteran/ decent players.

So who's Kyrie Irving and when do we get to move out Ewst and beat up on everyone lol?
Old 07-02-2018, 03:39 PM   #26
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Yeah the only player that got PT that left is Joffrey Lauvergne and I see Lonnie Walker tearing it up Dwyane Wade style
Old 07-02-2018, 04:10 PM   #27
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

42-40
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 11:01 PM   #28
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

Imagine when the 8th place Mavericks upset the 1st place Warriors!
Old 07-02-2018, 11:13 PM   #29
Mavs#1Fan

Mavs#1Fan will become famous soon enoughMavs#1Fan will become famous soon enough

40 wins, 10th place in the West
Mavs#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 11:36 PM   #30
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Yeah the only player that got PT that left is Joffrey Lauvergne and I see Lonnie Walker tearing it up Dwyane Wade style
SL debut with 3-16 from the field

The problem with the Spurs is going to be the age. Paul Gasol is 38 next week, his legs are going to finally fly away like they did with Dirk. Aldridge will be 33 in two weeks, he will be declining too. Danny Green 31...Manu didnt decide if he plays or not...

I can see the Spurs struggling with a 0.500 record like us. Lakers are going to play the long game with Kawhi, with Cousins joining the Warriors etc they arent in a hurry to compete this year
Old 07-03-2018, 03:47 AM   #31
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
As an 8 seed, as the oldest team in the league, and just
Got a year older.
Old 07-03-2018, 01:48 PM   #32
3_Ball

Quote:
Got a year older.

Yeah, and I'm not sure they weren't propped up by a few tanking teams also. They went 19-3 vs the Suns, Kings, Hawks, Mavs, Grizz, Magic & Bulls last season. I'm not sure they have the firepower to deal with those teams when they're not trying to tank. The Mavs, Grizzlies and Suns, for example.
Old 07-03-2018, 01:59 PM   #33
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Got a year older.
They were the 7th seed and they were 2 wins away from being the 3rd seed. And they are the oldest team NOW. They would also get players for Kwahi Leonard or he's gonna play. As long as Popovich is there......I have a hard time seeing them suck.
Old 07-03-2018, 02:02 PM   #34
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Yeah I hated they got Lonnie Walker.....he coudln't have went to a better team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3_Ball View Post
Yeah, and I'm not sure they weren't propped up by a few tanking teams also. They went 19-3 vs the Suns, Kings, Hawks, Mavs, Grizz, Magic & Bulls last season. I'm not sure they have the firepower to deal with those teams when they're not trying to tank. The Mavs, Grizzlies and Suns, for example.
If Houston didn't have Harden all year they would've missed the playoffs.......if any team other than the Warriors lost their best player like the Spurs did?They surely wouldn't be fighting for the 3rd seed. That's not to say that Spurs are a legit threat but they are a contender.
Old 07-18-2018, 05:36 PM   #35
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

More I think about it, the more I lean toward .350-.400 and finish 11th or 12th in the West.

We're going to be a lot better than last year, but man, the West is nuts.
Old 07-18-2018, 06:01 PM   #36
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
More I think about it, the more I lean toward .350-.400 and finish 11th or 12th in the West.

We're going to be a lot better than last year, but man, the West is nuts.
Yeah. I thought the Spurs would take a step back but they are still better than us. And the Lakers, well Lebron dragged the Cavs to the Finals. So I expect they are better than us too.

Maybe we'll get luck and be at the extreme end of the lottery and get the 1st pick. Wouldn't THAT be something
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 07:41 AM   #37
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
I'm with you, I'm not really a positive fan usually, but we basically added two All-Star level players, and yes, that's right, I said two.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 12:23 PM   #38
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post

WEST
1) Golden State (62-20)
2) Houston (56-26)
3) OKC (50-32)
4) LA Lakers (49-31)
5) New Orleans (46-36)
6) Utah (46-36)
7) Minnesota (44-38)
8) Dallas (44-38)

EAST
1) Boston (60-22)
2) Philly (58-30)
3) Toronto (52-30)
4) Milwaukee (48-34)
5) Indiana (47-35)
6) Washington (45-37)
7) Miami (43-39)
8) Detroit (42-40)

I was thinking 44 wins for Mavs too. Almost went with the higher bracket. Mavs could have won another 15+ games last year with their existing roster, had players been healthy (and they didn't enact the ensuing tank). So, you add Doncic and Jordan to that roster, and I think you get to 20+ win improvement pretty quickly.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Raptors do better than 52 wins. Are they not better with Kawhi?
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 02:19 PM   #39
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick View Post
I'm with you, I'm not really a positive fan usually, but we basically added two All-Star level players, and yes, that's right, I said two.
What have you done with the real BM?

What's interesting is that if Luka and Deandre really are all-star level players next season, then it really doesn't matter quite as much if Smith and Barnes aren't. I know your opinion on Barnes, but I think Smith is still the big wild card in the equation. If he takes that next step, then we're closer to being good than being bad again.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 03:33 PM   #40
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
What have you done with the real BM?

What's interesting is that if Luka and Deandre really are all-star level players next season, then it really doesn't matter quite as much if Smith and Barnes aren't. I know your opinion on Barnes, but I think Smith is still the big wild card in the equation. If he takes that next step, then we're closer to being good than being bad again.
Yeah, we will never agree on Barnes (I don't want him extended), but Dennis has huge potential for sure, I hope the game will slow down for him a little and his shot will be more consistent. From Luka I expect a Simmons-esque season, and he is actually the main reason why I also expect DAJ to thrive here. His game will complement Jordan's abilities so much.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote