Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-09-2011, 10:55 PM   #1
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute
Default PGT: Folding like a Trapper Keeper in NO

Real solid last 65 seconds there, Mavs. Color me impressed.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2011, 10:55 PM   #2
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

fluke loss
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:55 PM   #3
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

like i said before its time to switch things up. of course teams are gonna play lockdown D on dirk and force him into a turnover. the mavs are too predictable to the point to where BAD teams are beating us. this is why we need roddyb in the game in the 4th. his penetration is going to break down the d and bam jet wide open shot. dirk wide open 3. chandler with the lob. but no carlisle is an idiot and wants history to repeat itself. mavs have been a joke the past week or so!!
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:59 PM   #4
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

I'm at Disney world couldn't watch the game just saw the box score, andone care to tell me how we blew this game against a cp3 less hornets team and why I shouldn't be worried and expecting the 3 seed or worse
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:00 PM   #5
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Mavs- We've been through so much together. I've always stood by you and believed in you no matter what. But you're losing me... I think i'm falling out of love with you
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:00 PM   #6
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

I seriously hate David West with a passion.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:00 PM   #7
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
I'm at Disney world couldn't watch the game just saw the box score, andone care to tell me how we blew this game against a cp3 less hornets team and why I shouldn't be worried and expecting the 3 seed or worse
You absolutely should expect a 3 seed. Not worse, though. That'd be pretty unlikely at this point.

Old 03-09-2011, 11:01 PM   #8
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Dear Mavs- We've been through so much together. I've always stood by you and believed in you no matter what. But you're losing me... I think i'm falling out of love with you
Calm down, bro.

Old 03-09-2011, 11:02 PM   #9
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Get this weak sauce out of here.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:03 PM   #10
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone gets to wear this one, but here are some highlights:

-Dirk with an awful, awful turnover and still not rebounding.

-Chandler missed two huge free throws.

-Kidd with a stupid, stupid foul and overall one of the worst games of his life.

-Refs only giving Bellinelli a flagrant 1 on a full on shove in the back on a player in the air. Seriously?

-Carlisle...ugg. Stevenson played 17 minutes at SF and grabbed one freaking rebound. You can't play someone that small at SF when you already have a liability on the boards at PF (Dirk..ugg). I don't understand this at all. Brewer gets minutes at SF the last two games, then when you're short handed at SF he rides the bench? In favor of the smaller Stevenson? As you get destroyed on the boards? WTF?

Holy crap what a horrible loss. And now you have two of the better big wing scorers in the NBA in the next two games, and Marion is banged up.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:03 PM   #11
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

Can we have another nba trade deadline please? the way the mavs have been playing, i wouldnt want to play the cavs in the 1st round... o wait

Last edited by clutch#41; 03-09-2011 at 11:03 PM.
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:03 PM   #12
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

The Mavs did everything they could to lose that game in the final minutes.

Not good; quite disappointing. We just can't win in New Orleans.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:05 PM   #13
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

LetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant future

*depressed*
Old 03-09-2011, 11:05 PM   #14
LonghornDub

I hope a few more losses like this will get the Mavs angry, cause they aren't there. All this talk of Chandler and intensity and this and that isn't translating where it needs to. It's the same old Mavs right now, just with a much more talented center.

Old 03-09-2011, 11:05 PM   #15
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

0-8 in New Orleans.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:06 PM   #16
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iella View Post
Get this weak sauce out of here.
Naw man. The weak sauce was the entire Mavs team that stood and watched their best player get knocked down and didn't do shit. Tyson, Cardinal, Kidd none of them got up in West's grill. This team is SOFT. They deserved this loss.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:06 PM   #17
We have 4, U have 0
Banned

We have 4, U have 0 is infamous around these parts

U guys are acting like this is new. The Mavs are well known chokers.
We have 4, U have 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:06 PM   #18
Rick41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Everyone gets to wear this one, but here are some highlights:

-Dirk with an awful, awful turnover and still not rebounding.

-Chandler missed two huge free throws.

-Kidd with a stupid, stupid foul and overall one of the worst games of his life.

-Refs only giving Bellinelli a flagrant 1 on a full on shove in the back on a player in the air. Seriously?

-Carlisle...ugg. Stevenson played 17 minutes at SF and grabbed one freaking rebound. You can't play someone that small at SF when you already have a liability on the boards at PF (Dirk..ugg). I don't understand this at all. Brewer gets minutes at SF the last two games, then when you're short handed at SF he rides the bench? In favor of the smaller Stevenson? As you get destroyed on the boards? WTF?

Holy crap what a horrible loss. And now you have two of the better big wing scorers in the NBA in the next two games, and Marion is banged up.
FML.

Old 03-09-2011, 11:07 PM   #19
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by We have 4, U have 0 View Post
Cool story bro.

Old 03-09-2011, 11:08 PM   #20
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Anybody know the last time the Mavs won in New Orleans?...
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:08 PM   #21
Jon Avalon
Platinum Member

Jon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to all

Ill give tyson a pass there on the FTs, i dont expect centers to always make theirs even though hes done a good job this year.

But Dirk there right after being knocked into the bench, should of used that fire on taking the shot at the least rather passing out (which ended in a turnover). For some reason that pissed me off thr most.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:08 PM   #22
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Goodbye.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 03-09-2011, 11:09 PM   #23
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

LetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant future

By the way:
Is this site/forum in some need of money? (constant crashes...)

If so, i would be more than willing to donate some bucks.

Last edited by LetsGoMavs; 03-09-2011 at 11:09 PM.
LetsGoMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:09 PM   #24
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Is your name a reference to venereal diseases?

Old 03-09-2011, 11:10 PM   #25
Rick41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Avalon View Post
Ill give tyson a pass there on the FTs, i dont expect centers to always make theirs even though hes done a good job this year.

But Dirk there right after being knocked into the bench, should of used that fire on taking the shot at the least rather passing out (which ended in a turnover). For some reason that pissed me off thr most.
I agree, Dirk f'ed up royally in the last minute of this game. Now we can't expect him to always hit a game winning shot, but that cross court pass resulting in a turnover is just UNACCEPTABLE. He has played 13 years in this league and he knows better than to preform like that in the final minute of a close game.

Old 03-09-2011, 11:10 PM   #26
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
I seriously hate David West with a passion.
We all do but they won the game. He gets credit for that. And now are in our heads going forward. That was an epic collapse and speaks volumes about this team.

Last edited by mac222b; 03-09-2011 at 11:11 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:10 PM   #27
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoMavs View Post
By the way:
Is this site/forum in some need of money? (constant crashes...)

If so, i would be more than willing to donate some bucks.
Yeah, I bitched about that here.

Old 03-09-2011, 11:11 PM   #28
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

And like I said in another thread. The Mavs should be worried who they play in the first round.

This team always screams **choke!** it seems.

And yeah this is why the Mavs are the Rodney Dangerfirld of the NBA. You want respect? Then quit coming out of the bathroom with the damn toilet seat cover tucked in your pants.

God.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:12 PM   #29
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

Does Dirk hate David West as much as I do? Everyone says to get Dirk more touches but did you guys see how he just threw away the game? I know late situations teams will key on Dirk but I rather everyone clear out and let Dirk have a shot rather than him swing it...
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:12 PM   #30
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

First round exit here we come.... The question is: memphis or new orleans?
Old 03-09-2011, 11:12 PM   #31
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

OffEff: 108.7
DefEff: 109.8

Again not a strong defensive performance due to the fact that we allowed 33 points in the 4th quarter. With 1:13 to go we are up 92-85 and the Hornets go on a 8-0 run to win this game. I don't mind that Belinelli hits a prayer and Chandler goes 0-2 at the line, which might be unlucky. But this just can't happen. If this is a preview of the playoffs I won't watch it. It felt like the tougher team won today. Would have wished Dirk comes out aggressive after beeing thrown to the bench, but instead he produces a turnover.

I don't understand the rotation either. If you play Stevenson and Cardinal in the frontcourt and they grab 1 rebound combined (!!) you deserve to lose. Maybe he was trying to save big minutes from Kidd and Dirk, but these are games where they have to play 40+. And please use Brewer over D-Steve and Cardinal in the future. At some point the rotation has to settle for the playoffs ...
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:14 PM   #32
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
OffEff: 108.7
DefEff: 109.8

Again not a strong defensive performance due to the fact that we allowed 33 points in the 4th quarter. With 1:13 to go we are up 92-85 and the Hornets go on a 8-0 run to win this game. I don't mind that Belinelli hits a prayer and Chandler goes 0-2 at the line, which might be unlucky. But this just can't happen. If this is a preview of the playoffs I won't watch it. It felt like the tougher team won today. Would have wished Dirk comes out aggressive after beeing thrown to the bench, but instead he produces a turnover.

I don't understand the rotation either. If you play Stevenson and Cardinal in the frontcourt and they grab 1 rebound combined (!!) you deserve to lose. Maybe he was trying to save big minutes from Kidd and Dirk, but these are games where they have to play 40+. And please use Brewer over D-Steve and Cardinal in the future. At some point the rotation has to settle for the playoffs ...
Holy crap I hadn't even noticed that Cardinal didn't grab a single rebound. That's unreal.

I don't agree that Dirk and Kidd should have played 40+ minutes, not with a game tomorrow and the schedule this week. But Brewer absolutely should have played over Stevenson. The rotation tonight made no sense.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 03-09-2011, 11:14 PM   #33
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

ugh

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:15 PM   #34
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
And like I said in another thread. The Mavs should be worried who they play in the first round.
I'm basing this opinion on a lot more than this game, but I'm pretty certain that the Mavs are going to need a tough 6 or 7 games to oust whoever they get in the first round. Unless it's somehow Phoenix.

Old 03-09-2011, 11:15 PM   #35
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Yeah, I bitched about that here.
Thanks man, looks like i´ll have to reactivate my PayPal account .

btw:
Welcome to our newest member, "JASON TERRYS HEAD IS HUGE"

Troll incoming...lol

Last edited by LetsGoMavs; 03-09-2011 at 11:16 PM.
LetsGoMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:17 PM   #36
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Well, glad I missed this one. Sounds depressing.

I'll be back in time to see us destroy the lakers Saturday and all will be well again.
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:17 PM   #37
Underdog

I guess the "Roddy needs to play 48 minutes a night" crowd is still crying about Justin Bieber's haircut, so let's bitch about Corey Brewer not getting any burn instead...

Peja's injured, Marion's injured - why no Brewer??

Old 03-09-2011, 11:19 PM   #38
JASON TERRYS HEAD IS HUGE
Banned

JASON TERRYS HEAD IS HUGE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I guess the "Roddy needs to play 48 minutes a night" crowd is still crying about Justin Bieber's haircut, so let's bitch about Corey Brewer not getting any burn instead...

Peja's injured, Marion's injured - why no Brewer??
They only signed him to keep him away from the spurs. The Mavs dont know how to utilize skill on their time.
JASON TERRYS HEAD IS HUGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:19 PM   #39
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
Well, glad I missed this one. Sounds depressing.

I'll be back in time to see us destroy the lakers Saturday and all will be well again.
I wouldn't be surprised if this loss lingers a bit and they lose a few in a row.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:19 PM   #40
Rick41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoMavs View Post
Thanks man, looks like i´ll have to reactivate my PayPal account .

btw:
Welcome to our newest member, "JASON TERRYS HEAD IS HUGE"

Troll incoming...lol
Wow, you called that.

Tags
fish'spoophasfloatedhere, jeff's vagina monologues