Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-26-2007, 07:42 AM   #1
the kavorka

the kavorka is on a distinguished road
Default Things to Improve On Defense

I still think Golden State is getting to the paint way too easily. The Warriors are making one simple crossover and are getting to the basket. The Mavs perimeter defense has to be able to stop that. In Oakland, that could result in more calls in their favor.

List some of the things you guys think the mavs need to improve on defense (or offense)

Last edited by the kavorka; 04-26-2007 at 07:43 AM.
the kavorka is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2007, 09:49 AM   #2
globemaster

globemaster will become famous soon enough

I do like the fact that we were more physical last night. I think we need to continue the checks that we made to Baron Davis. It seemed that if we were going to foul him we were gonna give him solid playoff fouls. Nothing like seeing that pansy pick himself up off the court followin an ill advised drive at our basket.

GO MAVS!!!
globemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:57 AM   #3
hyphyhoopster

hyphyhoopster is infamous around these partshyphyhoopster is infamous around these partshyphyhoopster is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by globemaster
I do like the fact that we were more physical last night. I think we need to continue the checks that we made to Baron Davis. It seemed that if we were going to foul him we were gonna give him solid playoff fouls. Nothing like seeing that pansy pick himself up off the court followin an ill advised drive at our basket.

GO MAVS!!!

lol, u guys need shane battier or james posey if u wanna play ball like that. warriors woulda won or the game would have been closer if the officials didnt nail baron with tees.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 04-26-2007 at 01:17 PM.
hyphyhoopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 12:31 PM   #4
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyphyhoopster
lol, u guys need shane battier or james posey if u wanna play ball like that.
Or maybe Greg Buckner or Devean George...
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 12:40 PM   #5
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

as a point of fact, B-Diddy didn't sniff the rim after Gana knocked him down.

he didn't sniff the rim, but B-Diddy did have enough left in the tank to give the refs an extended standing ovation.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:46 PM   #6
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyphyhoopster
lol, u guys need shane battier or james posey if u wanna play ball like that. warriors woulda won or the game would have been closer if the officials didnt nail baron with bullshit tees.

The Warriors were down by 16 when Davis got tossed - you'll have to find another excuse...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 01:07 PM   #7
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
The Warriors were down by 16 when Davis got tossed - you'll have to find another excuse...
Nah I think he'll ride this one out for at least another solid 12 hours before he moves on.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 03:30 PM   #8
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

Baron Davis got pissed because we was stripping him as he drove the lane. When we took this away he became fighting mad. He in return started fouling hard and trying to rip peoples arms off. They would call a foul and then he would scream, i didn't foul. That was some of the worst fouling i have seen and that is one thing wrong with the nba and players like Kobe, Duncan and some of the super stars only screamed at the refs for the next time where they would not call it. Now almost all players do this in the nba and it is very bad.

So this year they talked like no more, so the players are trying the Rasheed version of showing up refs, clamp, make sounds, sing out loud, laugh and laugh more and clap. Is all this stuff a tech? Who knows but next year it will be because the players know they have to not talk back after a certain point, so they try the clapping and laughing in the refs face.

Tim Duncan got booted for it and then David Stern suspended the ref because of booting Duncan for clapping and laughing. Maybe he suspended the ref for asking Duncan for a fist fight. This is what Duncan says.

If Kobe, Duncan and alot do it, then i don't blame the players, everyone do it and make it a bad experience for refs and slow the game down. So the nba saw this and started calling techs more and what tern did to the ref with Duncan, i do not agree. What Baron Davis did, i agree with the techs and i agree he should have been booted. If they keep on, it will ruin the game. This has been Baron Davis probs over the years and his injuries.

Now Jackson. He is a very good and solid player for GS. He is physical. When the game was lost, he decided he wanted to be kicked out and again he was fouling. We got our butts beat the first game and i accept GS was much better the first game. We was much better the second game. Jackson made a bonehead and stupid fool of himself. Davis walked off the floor but Jackson was cussing the refs and like he wanted to fight the refs, fans and cussed everyone and even kept trying to push Barnes off him.

He wanted attention and he was mad and pissed because we was beating them bad and he was actually having a good game except for his turn overs. When you risk being punished by maybe sitting out the next game, then you are a fool. Jackson did this and the nba is reviewing this now. If you want kicked out, show up the refs a lil and then walk off but do not cuss them and try to get banned from the next game.

Davis and Jackson are huge for GS if they win. This is why both these talented players have been bounced around in the league. Go watch the replays, Davis was ffouling as hard as i have seen before and then had the gall to argue with the refs and say it wasn't me.

GS had a chance if Davis wouldn't have got himself tossed and he was also a fool to do what he did. I liked the fact we drove more. I call a game neutral and i am a Dallas Mavs fan but i will take up for GS if i see it called wrong and i will take up for the Mavs if it is called wrong and last nights game was a good called game, like the game before, and why Davis did what he did and arguing was bad wrong and i know why Jackson did, because he is stupid and the game was lost and he took it way to far. Jackson is very important to this team and if they lose him a game it will be bad for GS.

At times i was very disapointed in Dirk and at times i liked what he did. I won't go into details but he doesn't need to go to the old Finley/Dirk and stand around and bomb outside. He is 7' tall and he needs to drive and be under the basket more and at times and towards the end he was. I was very pleased with Terry and Howard and even Harris keeps trying to drive and i like this.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote