Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 11-30-2005, 11:35 AM   #401
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Hence why I hated the episode. And her completely over the top, irrational behavior drove me insane.

And the fact that everyone cowered in fear from her.

I agree though, the last five minutes were great.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2005, 12:34 PM   #402
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

well, as in cowering in fear, she's wigging out with a loaded weapon. whether or not anyone actually could tackle her is besides the point. she had a gun. it's easy for us to say, "hey, tackle her!" but in reality, it's a much tougher decision. especially for bernard, michael, and Jin, who certainly don't have a death-wish (bernard wants to live to see his wife, michael wants to live to find walt, jin wants to live to see sun).
Old 11-30-2005, 12:48 PM   #403
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

What is starting to annoy me are the quantity of subplots and subgroups. I feel as though the show has become "too busy." To list a few:

1. Desmond: where has he gone? what does he know?
2. The infamous "others"
3. Rousseau
4. The "monster"
5. The death of Shannon
6. Where is Walt?
7. Jack, Kate, & Sawyer's love triangle (which happen to reemerge last week.)
8. Not too mention the backstories of everyone else (Locke, Hurley, Charlie etc. etc.)
9. The Dharma Iniative

Then, this has all been compounded by the appearance of the tail-section survivors. It's really all becoming a muddled pain in the tail-section...

Last edited by XERXES; 11-30-2005 at 05:24 PM.
XERXES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 11:48 PM   #404
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

help me out....Stupid sneaky ABC tricked my DVR and I missed the last five minutes or so...what happend after Kate and Sawyer saw the Black Beauty? And what was the teaser for next week?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 12:02 AM   #405
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

From memory, so don't abduct me if I don't get it 100%.....

It was the bestest part of all. Back in the Hatch and Eko and Locke are watching the spliced back together film. Basically the spliced out part said that the computer should not be used for communication outside the hatch..... that if it was it might cause another "incident". While they were enjoying that Michael is scoping out the cables and the equipment when a beep starts.... It's the countdown right? WRONG!!!!! There is still 58 minutes left on the timer. Michael moves to the front of the monitor and notices a "Hello?" on the screen.

The next bit is a synopsis of the conversation when Michael starts typing back:

Michael - Hello!
WDG - Who are you?
Michael - My name is Michael, who are you?
WDG - Dad?

****fade to black**** LOST appears on the screen signifying the end of this spectacular episode.

And don't know when the next one airs but it looks to be a Eko backstory. I will post a link to the preview once someone posts it online.

And if you haven't guessed by now, the "WDG" in the message exchange above stood for Walt Dude Guy.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 12-01-2005 at 12:03 AM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 12:08 AM   #406
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
From memory, so don't abduct me if I don't get it 100%.....

It was the bestest part of all. Back in the Hatch and Eko and Locke are watching the spliced back together film. Basically the spliced out part said that the computer should not be used for communication outside the hatch..... that if it was it might cause another "incident". While they were enjoying that Michael is scoping out the cables and the equipment when a beep starts.... It's the countdown right? WRONG!!!!! There is still 58 minutes left on the timer. Michael moves to the front of the monitor and notices a "Hello?" on the screen.

The next bit is a synopsis of the conversation when Michael starts typing back:

Michael - Hello!
WDG - Who are you?
Michael - My name is Michael, who are you?
WDG - Dad?

****fade to black**** LOST appears on the screen signifying the end of this spectacular episode.

And don't know when the next one airs but it looks to be a Eko backstory. I will post a link to the preview once someone posts it online.

And if you haven't guessed by now, the "WDG" in the message exchange above stood for Walt Dude Guy.
freaking awesome!!! that truely does sound like the best part of the episode!!! Kate beats me slightly less than Shannon or Boone....But I needs me some more Locke, Echo, Sawyer, Charlie, and Hurley than I've been getting!!!!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 12-01-2005, 07:08 AM   #407
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

I really enjoyed this episode. Probably more for the peripheral stories/detials than the main Kate backstory. But, what does the black horse represent? IMO, it is Kate's "wild" nature. The fact that her real father is a WT wife-beating drunkard...and in the end she comes to terms with this part of her life (and thus cozies back up to Sawyer.)

I think the most telling line from Season II was inlast night's episode when Sawyer wakes up and finds himself in a bunkbed. He asks Kate, "are we saved?" Her response of "not yet" may have been the most telling piece of info since we learned about the dharma initiative- regarding why they are on the island in the first pace.

Really like Echo.
Old 12-01-2005, 09:44 AM   #408
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

If you go back and look at the missing movie piece they found, that is NOT from the same movie. His hair is different and his tie is either different or just tied different. I'm trying to figure out how to capture screens out of my download so I can post them.

Anyway, I guess they must have made a similar movie for each hatch? And then went back and cut that section out of each one? That's the only explanation I can come up with.

Last edited by jthig32; 12-01-2005 at 09:45 AM.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:02 AM   #409
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

what's lame is that the cut-out section really told us nothing that you couldn't deduce from the original film. oh, don't use the computer for anything other than inputting the numbers? yeah, we all pretty much figured that out long ago.

but what a cool ending scene with the "Dad?" line.

a horse in the jungle? interesting.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:33 AM   #410
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

oh, and forgot to add... poor jack, kate don't love you, man.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:34 AM   #411
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I an important point was the confirmation that there was an "incident". Seems to tie back in with when Jack and Sayid were trying to get through that wall, and Sayid said he'd seen something like that at Chernobyl.

Last edited by jthig32; 12-01-2005 at 10:37 AM.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:39 AM   #412
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I promised the Alien.... so without further delay:

Link to the US promo for "Psalms 23", the next Episode of Lost
Old 12-01-2005, 01:19 PM   #413
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

what about the canadian version? Is that out yet?

thanks, u2. i didn't get the last 5 seconds or so on tivo, when the monster is actually coming up on Eko... pretty sweet.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 12-01-2005 at 01:25 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 04:54 PM   #414
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I found some caps of what I was talking about:

Original Film:

Missing Section:

Different tie, different hair, and his face definitely looks more stressed. There must be something to this. Can't just be an oversight.....
Old 12-01-2005, 05:54 PM   #415
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

I don't know.... the tie could be the same. If you notice the video, the original part is the top picture and it looks washed out from being played too much.... remember this is a tape, and they wear out over time... which would make sense that the spliced part would "look" newer, or less washed out.

There are only two pieces that look absolutely different.... the size of the lapel and the "exit" signs... the top one appears to have the arrow pointing right, whereas the lower one appears to be pointing left. That's not definitive though because both appear blurry and it might just be the angle of the camera and the light being diffused differently by the glass. The lapel thing could be explained this way however: Perhaps they filmed the original piece for the 2nd episode and knew there would be additional parts to the film found therefore the obvious jumps in the film... but they didn't have the whole speech written for the film in the beginning so they filmed the new section later.... thus the continuity error. Not a big deal in my opinion.

But until proven otherwise, this new part of the film is just the same ol' same ol', to me at least.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 12-01-2005 at 05:55 PM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 07:04 PM   #416
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

That is not the same tie. I'm not going by color, I'm going by pattern.At the VERY least it's tied differently. His hair is completely different. His entire face looks completely different.

If this is simply a case of the producers missing things because they had to shoot more of the film, well then they suck. Same with the crossword puzzle. You just can't make mistakes like that.

I contend this is part of a different film.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:13 PM   #417
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

What about the crossword puzzle?
Old 12-01-2005, 07:27 PM   #418
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

http://lost-media.com/modules.php?na...152&fullsize=1

It was mostly random letters. People were freaking out trying to figure out what the deal was with it, and the writers had to admit it was a poorly done prop, and meant nothing.

You could chalk it up as nothing, but with a show like this, where everyone is always looking for the numbers, etc. and any other clues, you just can't miss stuff like that.

Edit. I should say SOME of the letters look random, mostly the ones intersecting with the word Locke wrote. Everyone was also intrigued by the fact that Locke's word looked to be different handwriting than the rest of the book.

Last edited by jthig32; 12-01-2005 at 07:31 PM.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:59 PM   #419
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Gilgamesh--

"The one who saw all [Sha nagba imuru ]I will declare to the world,
The one who knew all I will tell about
[line missing]
He saw the great Mystery, he knew the Hidden:
He recovered the knowledge of all the times before the Flood.
He journeyed beyond the distant, he journeyed beyond exhaustion,
And then carved his story on stone. [naru : stone tablets ]"

http://www.wsu.edu/~dee/MESO/GILG.HTM interesting read

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 12-01-2005 at 08:03 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 10:18 AM   #420
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

right, with the crossword, they edited an existing crossword to change 42 down. look at the words that go across with Gilgamesh. none of them make sense. So either locke is HORRIBLE at crosswords, or it's a mistake.

as for the film, it is the same tie, but definitely tied differently. it looks like it was simply filmed after the fact. which bums me out for two reasons: 1) they don't put enough effort into the show to notice the error... 2) they really are making a lot of this up as it goes along. if they planned on doing this, they would have filmed it all at once.

and yes, with a show like this that has generated all this internet buzz, they HAVE TO pay more attention to detail.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:21 AM   #421
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

I would be upset with the inconsistencies if this were a contiguous movie. But it's not. And I think it's unreasonable to expect the entire series to be written from day one when TPTB have absolutely no idea how long that is.

I feel relatively comfortable that they go to some lenghts at curbing inconsistencies. Yes, they make mistakes.... but the mistakes they do make are mostly cosmetic.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:40 AM   #422
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I understand not having the entire season written. But you're telling me you're ok with them making it obvious that something was cut out of the film, but not knowing what that missing piece would ultimately be? Come on.

If they're going to do something like that, they should KNOW what they're cutting out. It should serve a purpose. And it should all have been filmed at once.

I'm still not convinced it's simply an oversight. Only time will tell.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:42 AM   #423
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

right, jthig explained what i meant better than me. I don't expect them to have all of the series, or even all of this season, completely figured out or written. but they obviously meant for the film to be spliced. so why not film it all at once?
Old 12-02-2005, 11:53 AM   #424
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Because they didn't know what they wanted the spliced part to say?

Seems reasonable to me.

Maybe they did film it all the way through, then one of the writers came up with a different angle to go and so they had to refilm it.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:02 PM   #425
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Yea these guys film by the week it seems. I was watching ET about 4 weeks ago and they were just filming the whole Shannon getting shot scene. I don't know I just assumed they filmed months before airing for some reason.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 01:27 PM   #426
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

U2, i do agree with you, i do. but they should make more of an effort to fix mistakes/continuity errors. I mean, hell, in the tail-section episode, a vehicle drives past in the background when AL and goodwin are talking.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:32 PM   #427
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

see I never noticed that. Neither did I notice the tie being tied differently or his hair being more gelled. In my opinion it comes to a point where you have to realize that the majority of the people won't catch stuff like that.... and even when you do, some won't care.

Unless you enjoy complaining. Then I guess have at it.

Or stop watching.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:59 PM   #428
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

ok, first off, i hate the "stop watching" argument. i can like a show (i LOVE this show) and be frustrated when editors/producers miss things, ESPECIALLY with a show that has generated this much internet buzz. and ESPECIALLY with products like TiVo being on the market.

i didn't notice the tie being tied differently until the screen shot, but i noticed the crossword puzzle weirdness. and i saw the car/vehicle.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:15 PM   #429
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I know several other people that noticed the guy looked different right off the bat, but could not really place it. I mean his entire face looks different.

And I agree, you're allowed to like a show (love it in my case) and still be annoyed when they screw up.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:47 PM   #430
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

I didn't suggest otherwise. If you took what I said as me telling you to stop watching then you took it wrong.

I guess I am numb to the inconsistencies after watching Alias for so many years. Yes there are some, but like I said they aren't showstoppers and at the end of the season more times than not they really don't matter.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:55 PM   #431
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

U2, you know you're my boy, man... but how else am i supposed to take it? You said, "or stop watching." Sounds to me like you said I should stop watching if things bother me. don't know how else i'm supposed to take it.
Old 12-02-2005, 05:02 PM   #432
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

man, i just found some screen shots for the next episode!

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/1202053lost1.html
Old 12-02-2005, 06:00 PM   #433
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

No really, seriously.... you took what I said wrong.

I am shocked no one mentioned this.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:17 PM   #434
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

actually, i read about that one, U2 (and saw the screenshot), but didn't see it real-time. But a gloved horse trainer's hand that blends into the background (and is probably only seen on HD broadcasts - i watched the other nights on TiVo, so no HD) isn't as noticeable as a silver vehicle or a horrible crossword puzzle.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:26 PM   #435
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Well I got a copy of the HD version.... and it's very noticeable... and very humorous.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:27 PM   #436
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

When I get home tonight I will cut out that part of the episode in a small movie file and try to post it.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:05 PM   #437
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

yeah, do that, i'd like to see it. when i read about it, i thought it was pretty funny.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:28 AM   #438
sike
The Preacha

dispite all the goofups....I really like where the show is going...Sawyer is awake, Eko and Locke are bonding (at the very least have mutual respect for each other), and Walt is doing his darndest to find ways to "reach out" to people....

Old 12-05-2005, 12:30 PM   #439
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

found an animated GIF of the horse thing.

Old 12-05-2005, 01:02 PM   #440
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Yeah, you can see it on the HighDef rip I downloaded. Sad..