Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-26-2007, 01:36 AM   #41
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub
But chum surely you recognize the part the Centers played in this offensive rebounding you cite as a key to the game?
Yes, they did. They were part of the key. But it was even bigger that the Dubs didn't contest offensive boards, and it was biggest of all that Terry was the best Mav on the court tonight.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2007, 01:38 AM   #42
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

One thing about Dirk not getting the ball enough.. it's his teammates fault sometimes.

Far too often I see JET, or Devin, or JHO look directly at Dirk asking for the ball, and then they swing it the other direction. I'm sure they aren't doing it on purpose (I know for a fact that at least JET and Devin are close friends with him) but it's still annoying to watch. No other superstar or MVP would be denied the ball, and no other superstar MVP would be benched for shooting bad. Gotta work through it.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 01:41 AM   #43
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
Couple coaching things:

People were quick to dog on avery for game 1 (even some ridiculous calls for him to be fired on dm.com) but his game 2 record shows just how good he is. Adjustments from game 1 to game 2 can be heavily credited to the coach.

Also.. everyone (media) heard Nellie's little lightning bolt quote this week and they all laughed and said "oh that's nellie for you, what a good strategy". Well.. it's a good strategy if it works and Goldenstate wins. If they lose and his prediction turns out right, it looks like he never had faith in his team.
well - he also loses a LOT of game 1's though (5 of 7 now - the only won game 1's were against the grizzlies and the heat last year). Im not sure if thats our scouting teams fault or avery's but i'd like that to stop before next round :-P. having home court and losing it in game 1 makes the whole thing pretty useless.
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 01:41 AM   #44
4cwebb
Golden Member

4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
One thing about Dirk not getting the ball enough.. it's his teammates fault sometimes.

Far too often I see JET, or Devin, or JHO look directly at Dirk asking for the ball, and then they swing it the other direction. I'm sure they aren't doing it on purpose (I know for a fact that at least JET and Devin are close friends with him) but it's still annoying to watch. No other superstar or MVP would be denied the ball, and no other superstar MVP would be benched for shooting bad. Gotta work through it.
Agreed. On one play in the first half JHo had an opportunity to give the ball to Dirk in the *relatively* low block, but while he was thinking about making the pass, either Harris or Terry came over to the same side, which put a third GSW defender in the area, which denied JHo the opportunity to make the pass (which should have been made about 3 seconds earlier, before the guard had come into the area).

Dirk in the low block just seems to be something the Mavs' offense isn't yet used to in this series...since I'm not sure how often they will have to go back to these sets if/when they get past GSW, I don't know if it is too much cause for concern.
4cwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 01:44 AM   #45
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Look a lit closer. Dirk is not really asking for the ball. Asking for the ball is a vocal act by a Superstar. Superstars call for the ball when they want it. Every big time Superstar I know does this. Dirk clearly does not ask for the ball. If he does, I promise he would get the ball.

If for some reason a teammate refuses to give Dirk the ball when he asks for it, then all Dirk has to do is walk up to the man with the ball, and get the ball from him and ask for a clear-out.

The one move that Dirk could clearly use, is the "Clear-out" call. There is no way around Dirk not getting the ball with this call from Dirk. Watch the game closely, and you will see Dirk clearly does not call for a "Clear-out'.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 01:46 AM   #46
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

i think it's cause dirk doesn't really wanna be the "superstar". he's a team player. hell, it got 'em 67 wins.
mkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 01:47 AM   #47
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat
i think it's cause dirk doesn't really wanna be the "superstar". he's a team player. hell, it got 'em 67 wins.
No, I think it's because our guards don't know how to get him the f*cking ball.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 02:00 AM   #48
New.Stuff.BT
Banned

New.Stuff.BT is infamous around these partsNew.Stuff.BT is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple T's
stackhouse called the warriors "lil firecrackers" hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
But if fists were actually thrown, Dallas would have gotten a beating.

Baron Davis can take out Devin Harris and Jason Terry
Jason Richardson can take out Josh Howard
Stephen Jackson can take out the whole team with his .22 Slug.
Al Harrington can take out Stackhouse
Sarunas can take out Barbea
Ellis can take out Nowitiski.
Dampier and Diop can beat Foyle and Biedrins ass.
Austin Croshere would run away.
Josh Powell and Deaven George would be equal.
Azubuikie, Pietrus, and Barnes can gangbang Willis.
New.Stuff.BT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 02:07 AM   #49
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by New.Stuff.BT

Gangsta. The new and improved face of the NBA.

Now get the f' out. You and your team.

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 04-26-2007 at 02:07 AM.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 02:13 AM   #50
New.Stuff.BT
Banned

New.Stuff.BT is infamous around these partsNew.Stuff.BT is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
Gangsta. The new and improved face of the NBA.

Now get the f' out. You and your team.
But doesn't the NBA consist of players that had previous lives as "gangstas" and how they personify themselves as "gangsta" and that they're just playing for rich white kids like you?
Old 04-26-2007, 02:27 AM   #51
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov
Look a lit closer. Dirk is not really asking for the ball. Asking for the ball is a vocal act by a Superstar. Superstars call for the ball when they want it. Every big time Superstar I know does this. Dirk clearly does not ask for the ball. If he does, I promise he would get the ball.

If for some reason a teammate refuses to give Dirk the ball when he asks for it, then all Dirk has to do is walk up to the man with the ball, and get the ball from him and ask for a clear-out.

The one move that Dirk could clearly use, is the "Clear-out" call. There is no way around Dirk not getting the ball with this call from Dirk. Watch the game closely, and you will see Dirk clearly does not call for a "Clear-out'.
so hes supposed to ask for a clearout from the 3pt line on guys who are 6-6???? if your pg cant get the ball to your superstar forward in the block when he calls for it(and dirk has clearly been calling for it, posting up and putting your hand up is calling for the ball) then you seriously need to look into getting a new pg. dirk is too nice a guy to be an ass about it but about 2 more im gonna stare at you with a guy whos about 6 inches shorter than you on your back and then decide to throw it the other way and i would have to have a few none to friendly words with jason terry and devin harris.

both jason and devin were awesome tonight as scorers but at some point one of them has got to run an offense(something jason had made huge strides in this year)
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 02:27 AM   #52
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Yes, they did. They were part of the key. But it was even bigger that the Dubs didn't contest offensive boards, and it was biggest of all that Terry was the best Mav on the court tonight.
I agree, but I'll tell you this man, a quick look on popcorn machine shows that almost every single big Mavs run coincided almost perfectly with Diop coming into the game.

And other than the -8 the Mavs suffered during the first part of the game, all of GS's best runs came when neither center was in the game.

Just food for thought.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 02:45 AM   #53
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

what still worries me a little bit are george and buckners ineffectiveness on the offensive end along with stack not shooting well. look at http://www.sportsline.com/nba/gamece...0070425_GS@DAL
for dallas - 8 whole shots from the left side of the court (5 from terry,1 nowitzki and 2 stackhouse). that's making it easy for the defense.

Last edited by Lor20; 04-26-2007 at 02:48 AM.
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 02:52 AM   #54
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk went 23-7 tonight. Duncan went 22-7. The headline on ESPN's NBA page says "The Duncan Difference." Everybody on here is like "Dirk's sucking". I beg to differ.

As Golden State's defense is totally geard to stoping Dirk, I just don't think its wise to force the ball into him. It makes it too easy for the defense to do what they expect. Nellie has them programmed as to all of Dirks moves, and in game 1, as in the regular season blowout, they are very good at swatting the ball from him or making him change his patented spin and jab step moves. It makes no sense to keep feeding Dirk

Especially since GS has no clue as to how to stop any Mav who tries from getting straight to the rim. The Mavs won this game tonight by taking the ball to the hole. It earned them 43 free throws, compared to GS's 27. 3 Warriors had 5 or more fouls. Once GS started to worry about the rest of the Mavs killing them, things opened up for Dirk.

The Mavs lost the Finals because when MIA clamped down on Dirk, no one else stepped up. This entire season has been about beefing up the support system...This game is the result. Howard shoots 8 for 13, Devin 5 for 7, Jet 12 for 23 and Dirk 7-15. Why, if you have 3 guys shooting over 50%, do you need to put the ball in the one place they can competently defend? Dirk will get his, one way or another.

I think part of the problem for the Mavs is it takes a while to get used to playing at the speed of a GS. But unlike most teams, the Mavs have the speed and discipline to keep up, it just takes a while to adjust.

I'm still nervous about this series, but I can see the path to victory. But the Mavs can't let up until the Warriors finish melting down.

Last edited by G-Man; 04-26-2007 at 03:09 AM.
G-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 03:18 AM   #55
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
(and dirk has clearly been calling for it, posting up and putting your hand up is calling for the ball)
yes this is what I was referring to. He posts up his guy, and puts both his hands forward and up in the air "asking" for the ball. A lot of the time he doesn't get it.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:21 AM   #56
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Quote:
yes this is what I was referring to. He posts up his guy, and puts both his hands forward and up in the air "asking" for the ball. A lot of the time he doesn't get it.
Yeah, but isn't he doing this just so the passer has the option of passing it to him, not necessarily telling the passer to give him the ball?
jleefilled is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 03:22 AM   #57
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleefilled
Yeah, but isn't he doing this just so the passer has the option of passing it to him, not necessarily telling the passer to give him the ball?
Dirk is a super star MVP. If he gives you the option, it would be stupid not to take it.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:27 AM   #58
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

whats he supposed to do, scream bitch give me the ball???
Old 04-26-2007, 03:27 AM   #59
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

I would think it depends on the situation -- i.e. how open he actually is, how much time is left in the shot-clock, ect.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:29 AM   #60
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
I would think it depends on the situation -- i.e. how open he actually is, how much time is left in the shot-clock, ect.
our guards dont seem to understand the idea that if a 7fter has a guy who is 6-6 behind him he is open. i love jet to death but he has got to learn to throw a post entry pass. he should be awesome at it because of how well he shoots
Old 04-26-2007, 03:35 AM   #61
jleefilled
Platinum Member

Quote:
our guards dont seem to understand the idea that if a 7fter has a guy who is 6-6 behind him he is open. i love jet to death but he has got to learn to throw a post entry pass. he should be awesome at it because of how well he shoots
Sometimes, though, it really isn't the entry passers' fault, right? I know when I play pickup basketball, I have a really hard time collecting entry passes in the post. Look at Nash, he never seemed to be able to get the art of the entry pass down until he left for Phoenix. Is that coincidence or is it that he's playing with players better suited to receive the ball in the paint? I'm not trying to argue with you because I don't really know.

Last edited by jleefilled; 04-26-2007 at 03:38 AM.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:49 AM   #62
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Sometimes, though, it really isn't the entry passers' fault, right? I know when I play pickup basketball, I have a really hard time collecting entry passes in the post. Look at Nash, he never seemed to be able to get the art of the entry pass down until he left for Phoenix. Is that coincidence or is it that he's playing with players better suited to receive the ball in the paint? I'm not trying to argue with you because I don't really know.
nash didnt get alot of things till he went to phoenix. i think you have a point in that our guards are a bit gunshy about throwing it to dirk which is dirks fault because alot of times he will lose his seal and let a guy come around and steal the ball from him. that is on dirk. However, as with coaching in any other sport, you tell the guard to do his job and his job is to throw the big a good post entry pass. if the big fails to seal or catch the ball, well complain to/about him when that time comes.

Last edited by Five-ofan; 04-26-2007 at 03:50 AM.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:58 AM   #63
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
so hes supposed to ask for a clearout from the 3pt line on guys who are 6-6???? if your pg cant get the ball to your superstar forward in the block when he calls for it(and dirk has clearly been calling for it, posting up and putting your hand up is calling for the ball) then you seriously need to look into getting a new pg. dirk is too nice a guy to be an ass about it but about 2 more im gonna stare at you with a guy whos about 6 inches shorter than you on your back and then decide to throw it the other way and i would have to have a few none to friendly words with jason terry and devin harris.

both jason and devin were awesome tonight as scorers but at some point one of them has got to run an offense(something jason had made huge strides in this year)
Yes, any Superstar can ask for the "Clear-Out" anywhere on the floor. All you need is the proper spacing for it. All NBA players shoulbe be equipped to know how to perform that set. If Dirk called a clear out, then the rest of the Mavs would position themselves with the proper spacing, and let Damp/Diop be on the weakside rebound spot, then put Terry on the same side on the corner, so if/when the double team comes, then Terry is wide open. Then on the other side, you put Howard or Stack on the other corner as well.

Then you clear out the 5th player to the deep top of the key so that his man CANT double down on Dirk. This would create some problems and Dirk should be able to see the double team alot better, provide better spacing, force a couple of defensive techs, and allow Dirk to work alot better against the smaller defender.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:05 AM   #64
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
whats he supposed to do, scream bitch give me the ball???
Yes, and I promise they would give him the ball, as well as Avery would throw a fit if they did not give him the ball. Avery's staff is smart enough to know if Dirk is asking for the ball and not getting it. I promise, if Dirk wants the ball, he will get the ball. Dirk and the coaching staff would make sure of it as well. Players on the court dont decide when/if Dirk gets the ball. That call comes from Dirk and the coaching staff ONLY.

I dont know why some people here think that Dirk is asking for the ball and NOT getting it. You got to be kidding. Dirk is the MVP of the league, and Avery was COY last year. Between the two, do you really think this would happen? Come on now, think about it for a second, and you will see this could not happen like that. There is a difference between "Calling for the Ball" and "Asking for the ball". Calling is telling, and Asking is giving someone the option. In the great game of basketball, our Superstar always "Calls" for the ball. And I do think the rest of the Mavs players are very adapt at knowing if Dirk wants the ball. Think back to where Avery comes from in his NBA days. He believes in getting the ball to your Go-2 guy when he "Calls" for the ball. If the ball did not get to Dirk when he Called for it, it would eat Avery alive with anger.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:11 AM   #65
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
nash didnt get alot of things till he went to phoenix. i think you have a point in that our guards are a bit gunshy about throwing it to dirk which is dirks fault because alot of times he will lose his seal and let a guy come around and steal the ball from him. that is on dirk. However, as with coaching in any other sport, you tell the guard to do his job and his job is to throw the big a good post entry pass. if the big fails to seal or catch the ball, well complain to/about him when that time comes.
You cant just throw the ball to the entry w/o a proper seal. That is a big "No-No" in the NBA. Players are too smart and savy to throw these slopper passes, because the pass will be slopper to a guy w/o a proper seal. The problem with Dirk, is that he cant get the proper seal against smaller, stronger players. They get down too low against Dirk, and Dirk cant get low enough to try to leverage his size, plus Dirk has a weak lower body, so his height works against him when a player is bumping him. If you dont bump Dirk would your body, then he can get a seal on you, then face-up, and create separation to do whatever he wants to do.

Watch the two games, and you will see that Dirk gets no separation, so he cant get in a triple threat position. This makes Dirk one dimentional, then throw in the help side defender coming at Dirk, and now we have alot of problems for Dirk.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:52 AM   #66
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
But doesn't the NBA consist of players that had previous lives as "gangstas" and how they personify themselves as "gangsta" and that they're just playing for rich white kids like you?
Turns out, you're retarded.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:52 AM   #67
Henry_VIII

Henry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to all

Observations:
Mavs can get into the Warriors heads by playing strong and getting them frustrated
Dallas needs to work on back door cuts and play fakes (shot and pass). GS is so overcommitted to denying entry passes and fronting that Dallas should make them pay for it.
Henry_VIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:56 AM   #68
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Only the american ones. No that's not fair. Only the gangsta ones.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 04-26-2007 at 08:57 AM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:00 AM   #69
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk needs to be put near the post a bit more and draw a ton of fouls...run him about ten feet out of the box and let him go to work...not this 18 feet out stuff where they easily double or force him to take a tough shot...make him make them pay for all the slapping and reaching...on the post or near post is where he'll get those calls.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:04 AM   #70
eleoson

eleoson can only hope to improve

As for me, I don't see any reason why we need to force the ball to Dirk!

If you'll take a closer look at the game, Only after Terry, JHo & stack beated their a$$es out in the 3rd did Dirk become productive...Because GSW got a little loose on him, and they are really in chaos that time...they didn't know who & how to guard. So I think, forcing the ball to Dirk is like giving them what they expect & probably want.
eleoson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:05 AM   #71
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub
I agree, but I'll tell you this man, a quick look on popcorn machine shows that almost every single big Mavs run coincided almost perfectly with Diop coming into the game.

And other than the -8 the Mavs suffered during the first part of the game, all of GS's best runs came when neither center was in the game.

Just food for thought.
FWIW, Diop has the highest playoff Roland Rating (+34.1) in the league right now!

Thank goodness Avery heeded the call and played the centers. If he keeps it up, the Mavs should be in good shape.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:12 AM   #72
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleoson
As for me, I don't see any reason why we need to force the ball to Dirk!

If you'll take a closer look at the game, Only after Terry, JHo & stack beated their a$$es out in the 3rd did Dirk become productive...Because GSW got a little loose on him, and they are really in chaos that time...they didn't know who & how to guard. So I think, forcing the ball to Dirk is like giving them what they expect & probably want.
I agree that just forcing the ball to dirk is not the answer. AJ has proven again and again that he seemingly does not know how to use Dirk most effectively. That is not what I am suggesting. I suggest getting him the ball by post him up..or mid posting him...or even running him through screens...just mix it up. The thing I would most like to see is Dirk/JT pick and roll back in action...

But you are worng if you think this team does not NEED dirk with the ball in his hands.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 04-26-2007, 09:12 AM   #73
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran
FWIW, Diop has the highest playoff Roland Rating (+34.1) in the league right now!

Thank goodness Avery heeded the call and played the centers. If he keeps it up, the Mavs should be in good shape.
boy, he was solid last night, wasn't he!

Old 04-26-2007, 09:21 AM   #74
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Old 04-26-2007, 09:23 AM   #75
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran
that man looks like he needs some crack.

Old 04-26-2007, 09:59 AM   #76
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I'd take the 2 on one anyday. Harris is a scrapper and Terry is sneaky.

Quote:
This one would be fun to watch, Howards length vs Richardsons strength.

Quote:
Not in Texas, a gun gets pulled, and 500 more are pulled from the seats.

Quote:
I'd almost pay money to see this one. If I were a betting man, I'd take Stack - he has a mean streak and no fear.

Quote:
??? no idea

Quote:
never happen in a hundred years, Dirk in about 30 sec.

Quote:
yep

Quote:
nope, he'd be in it somewhere -- probably getting beat by Barnes.

Quote:
agreed, but I'd give Josh Powell the edge.

Quote:
And I still might take Willis. He is a horse with some guns now, And if DJ Benga comes off the bench, give me DJ and those blackbelts to win it all.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 10:37 AM   #77
New.Stuff.BT
Banned

[QUOTE=dalmations202]I'd take the 2 on one anyday. Harris is a scrapper and Terry is sneaky.
[quote]

Baron Davis was raised in South Central L.A. He's not going to get his ass beat by the Flopping Winsconsin and Donatello from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Harris is looking for high fives after he flops on the floor and bitches about him getting punched in the face or something when someone just slaps his wrist -- acting like his hand is broken.

Quote:
This one would be fun to watch, Howards length vs Richardsons strength.
I actually think that Jason Richardson is more lengthy and stronger than Josh Howard. So this wouldn't really be a match.

Quote:
Not in Texas, a gun gets pulled, and 500 more are pulled from the seats.
If that happens, then Stephen Jackson would call up his boy Ron Artest and Jamall Tinsley to pull the .45s and blasting white kids.

Look at the people in the stands, I only see three black people. No mexicans, blacks, or any minorities. Just rich white people. Also, it's coming back to Oakland, really, I don't see the Mavericks starting any in Oakland. You don't know how goes down here.

Quote:
I'd almost pay money to see this one. If I were a betting man, I'd take Stack - he has a mean streak and no fear.
Al Harrington has the experience though, so I wouldn't say Stack would take this one. Nonetheless, would be a great fight if occured.

Quote:
never happen in a hundred years, Dirk in about 30 sec.
I think the ballboy from the Warriors can take out Dirk. Ellis? Kid grew straight up from the ghetto and you can tell he wasn't the type of kid at school studying all day. Kid is stupid as and looks like he got in one to many fights. Dirk might have a 9" height advantage, but you have to realize that Ellis' brother is a convicted felon who was just recently released from jail. If anything were to go down, the Ellis's would be kicking some German ass.

Quote:
And I still might take Willis. He is a horse with some guns now, And if DJ Benga comes off the bench, give me DJ and those blackbelts to win it all.
Agreed, DJ and Willis can probably take out the rest of the Warriors bench but if the Warriors starting five fought the starting five of Dallas. It'd be over pretty fast.

And Nelson would beat Avery Johnson's ass. I've talked to Avery before, might be intense but seems like a

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 04-26-2007 at 11:10 AM.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:53 AM   #78
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
as for dirk it would be real nice if anyone could throw a post entry pass. it would also be nice if we didnt go 10 minutes at a time without giving him the ball. its real tough to ask him to do anything when he cant get the ball.
you're spot on about the entry pass thing -- I specifically recall one occurence where Dirk had great position in the low block while stack was dribbling the ball not fifteen feet from him.....stack dribbled and dribbled and dribbled until Dirk lost the position, then moved the ball back to the other side of the court. I just don't get it.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Five-ofan again.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:10 AM   #79
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
Look at the people in the stands, I only see three black people. No mexicans, blacks, or any minorities. Just rich white people.
I don't know about your assessment of the ethnicity of the crowd, but there's no doubt that they're all doing okay financially. The photograph depicts the lower level seats -- and they aren't cheap.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:11 AM   #80
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Our guards really can't throw entry passes. They definitely don't know how to lobby it to Dirk if he's being fronted. Plus the GS defenders can recover very well. That's why it'd take a clearout for Dirk to be able to get the ball, I think.