Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-15-2012, 05:24 PM   #1
C_Man

C_Man can only hope to improve
Default We need to tank a game or two and fall to 7th or 8th

We can't beat the Lakers. Playing them in the first round would be a disaster. At least we've beat the Spurs and Thunder this season.
C_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2012, 05:25 PM   #2
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure either of those teams are ideal wither.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:27 PM   #3
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Cool story brah.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:27 PM   #4
adonis
Golden Member

adonis is infamous around these parts

Facing the Spurs is my top option. They're the old Dallas Mavericks; own the regular season and choke in Playoffs.
adonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:27 PM   #5
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

OKC 1-5
SAN 2-2
LAL 0-4
LAC 1-2
MEM 1-2

Losing record against all the top 5 except for San Antonio. Of course that would be preferable but its still going to be an uphill battle.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 04-15-2012 at 05:31 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:30 PM   #6
Como11

Como11 has a spectacular aura aboutComo11 has a spectacular aura aboutComo11 has a spectacular aura about

No matter who we play in the first round, we are probably losing. I was hoping to get the the 5th seed and face the clippers, but after this loss that seems very slim.
Como11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:32 PM   #7
C_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
I'm not sure either of those teams are ideal wither.
They're better than the Lakers. Besides, we'd have won twice against OKC were it not for the miracle three by Durant.
Old 04-15-2012, 05:33 PM   #8
C_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Como11 View Post
No matter who we play in the first round, we are probably losing. I was hoping to get the the 5th seed and face the clippers, but after this loss that seems very slim.
If we had won today, there's a good chance the Clippers would have ended up moving up to 3rd themselves. Now it's extremely unlikely.
Old 04-15-2012, 05:37 PM   #9
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Hopefully Cuban send this game tape to the NBA front office.

Last edited by Thomas86; 04-15-2012 at 05:40 PM.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:37 PM   #10
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

It's not tanking when you are not capable of winning.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:42 PM   #11
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
OKC 1-5
SAN 2-2
LAL 0-4
LAC 1-2
MEM 1-2

Losing record against all the top 5 except for San Antonio. Of course that would be preferable but its still going to be an uphill battle.
The Mavs played the Thunder 6 times? Good god, tough scheduled...
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:43 PM   #12
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
The Mavs played the Thunder 6 times? Good god, tough scheduled...
I guess she's counting preseason to prove a point or something, lmao.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:45 PM   #13
odb 7777

odb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these parts

Spurs would sweep up. They are the best team this season hands down. I hoped we would get the Clippers in a 3/6 match up but our boys in blue layed an big egg today (especially Dirk, he looks terrible).
Now i hope for a 2/7 match up with OKC. I think our chances would be best when we play them.
odb 7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:20 PM   #14
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

8deep vs. 8deep SAS is the best matchup for us. LAL is the worst.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:25 PM   #15
mav4ever

mav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to all

doesnt matter.

no center = 1st round exit.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:47 PM   #16
SlimMavsFan

SlimMavsFan has a spectacular aura aboutSlimMavsFan has a spectacular aura aboutSlimMavsFan has a spectacular aura about

I generally agree that the Spurs are the best matchup, but really all of the matchups appear to be bad from where I'm sitting. We could have easily lost the home overtime game against SA, and were beaten like a drum in the two road games. But yeah, don't like the Laker matchup at all...
SlimMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:01 PM   #17
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Anybody saying that we should hope to play OKC instead of the Lakers is insane. Not only are they better than LA, they are a nightmare for us based on matchups. They are better at every single position except PF. At least the Lakers are still a volatile team that could implode. The Thunder would just murder us.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:06 PM   #18
mav4ever

mav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to all

Quote:
Anybody saying that we should hope to play OKC instead of the Lakers is insane.
i dont know which would be worse, but i think the end result against either would pretty much be the same unless something changes drastically.

i think they should try to learn to win games right now, they seem to have losing down pat.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:32 PM   #19
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
Anybody saying that we should hope to play OKC instead of the Lakers is insane. Not only are they better than LA, they are a nightmare for us based on matchups. They are better at every single position except PF. At least the Lakers are still a volatile team that could implode. The Thunder would just murder us.
I don't really agree.

A) They don't have a big that scares you, so that allows you to play the center rotation you had played leading up to the Laker game. It allows you to get Wright on the floor more and that has helped the team more often than not.

B) Like a healthy West in an attempt to slow Westbrook down. I'm not saying he WILL slow him down, but he has the ability (better than anyone else on the team) to slow him down.

C) Carter has the ability to post up better vs OKC than LA. That's something that hasn't really been used much, but he'd be able to do that versus the smaller wings of OKC

D) travel would be easier

E) Dallas shouldn't fear OKC. There's only one game that felt like it got out of hand for the Mavs in the 4 regular season games and that was the last home game. OKC tried for the killshot way too early and kept Dallas in it before they got it. The first game saw Durant hit a tough ass shot to win it. Dallas had a convincing win in the second game. The other game saw the collapse in the fourth quarter with Jet going rogue.

I'm sure there's probably more, but those are the first ones that come to mind.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:55 AM   #20
cowboyuptx

cowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of light

I don't think it's necessary... 6, 7, or 8, you're facing some stiff competition... Am I really looking forward to a first-round match-up with the Spurs, Thunder, or Lakers? Hell no, but I can guarantee you that none of those teams are excited about playing defending Champs in the first-round either... All of those teams know without a doubt, even if they play good, the Mavs are capable of reaching that same level and bouncing their punk asses in round 1...

I think we'll be able to keep it close until the end against any of those teams, just like we did today, we just have to find a way to win in the clutch... I'm not going to lie, this year's team doesn't inspire the same confidence of last year's squad, but we didn't fare too well against the Lakers in the regular season last year either, yet we prevailed when it counted, and we really can do it again...

I'm not ready to throw in the towel, fvck the Lakers, our fans might be scared of these guys, but the Mavericks players and coaches are not!

Fvck all this doom and gloom, we're still the reigning World Champs, and nobody's going to take that title away from us without one helluva fight, nobody!!! Believe that....................

Last edited by cowboyuptx; 04-16-2012 at 12:57 AM.
cowboyuptx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:02 AM   #21
-D-S-B-

-D-S-B- is on a distinguished road

Any match up will be difficult, extremely difficult. Just accept what we are faced with and support your effin team!
-D-S-B- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:10 AM   #22
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav4ever View Post
doesnt matter.

no center = 1st round exit.
unfortunately right

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:11 AM   #23
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by odb 7777 View Post
Spurs would sweep up. They are the best team this season hands down. I hoped we would get the Clippers in a 3/6 match up but our boys in blue layed an big egg today (especially Dirk, he looks terrible).
Now i hope for a 2/7 match up with OKC. I think our chances would be best when we play them.
You've already shown your true colors based on your posting history. Apparently Dirk has never played well in his life.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:17 AM   #24
wilmtalk

wilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to behold

If your ready to start tanking games than just tank some more and get a shot at the lottery.
wilmtalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:45 AM   #25
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I don't really agree.

A) They don't have a big that scares you, so that allows you to play the center rotation you had played leading up to the Laker game. It allows you to get Wright on the floor more and that has helped the team more often than not.

B) Like a healthy West in an attempt to slow Westbrook down. I'm not saying he WILL slow him down, but he has the ability (better than anyone else on the team) to slow him down.

C) Carter has the ability to post up better vs OKC than LA. That's something that hasn't really been used much, but he'd be able to do that versus the smaller wings of OKC

D) travel would be easier

E) Dallas shouldn't fear OKC. There's only one game that felt like it got out of hand for the Mavs in the 4 regular season games and that was the last home game. OKC tried for the killshot way too early and kept Dallas in it before they got it. The first game saw Durant hit a tough ass shot to win it. Dallas had a convincing win in the second game. The other game saw the collapse in the fourth quarter with Jet going rogue.

I'm sure there's probably more, but those are the first ones that come to mind.
Marion on Durant is key, he's probably the best "Durant stopper (slower)" in the league. Also, for some reason, Westbrook usually having terrible shooting nights against us. All those points are obviously only relevant, if we get closer to our potential until the first round. If we continue to play at that level, not much relevance in who we play in the first round, we'll get our behinds handed to us against any of those teams. We need to play to our potential, and that's still quite high.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:47 AM   #26
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilmtalk View Post
If your ready to start tanking games than just tank some more and get a shot at the lottery.
Not enough games left to do that, and chances are we would pick 13-14th, so why would you wanna do that. With a little luck, we get the 16th-19th pick, and in this deep draft, you could find an immediate rotation player for next year's squad, imo.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:32 AM   #27
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Either they have it in them this year or not.

Tanking is for Wussies...
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:31 AM   #28
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Tanking sucks.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:40 AM   #29
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Tanking sucks.
this.
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:44 AM   #30
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Last time we tanked for playoff matchups it worked out well, didn't it?
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:48 AM   #31
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

last time we were the best team in the league
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:09 AM   #32
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Last time we tanked for playoff matchups it worked out well, didn't it?
Close...
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:24 AM   #33
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by odb 7777 View Post
Spurs would sweep up. They are the best team this season hands down.
I wasn't buying it until you said "hands down." Now I'm convinced.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:37 AM   #34
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

So the only way to win is to lose?

Totally makes sense...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:01 PM   #35
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Never, and I mean never attempt to take destiny away from the control of the basketball gods. It's almost always best to play to win and let the chips fall wherever they may.

This has been a strange season and the playoffs will likely be even stranger. I'm expecting more upsets than years past and its senseless to try to "create" an easier path.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:14 PM   #36
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
Never, and I mean never attempt to take destiny away from the control of the basketball gods. It's almost always best to play to win and let the chips fall wherever they may.

This has been a strange season and the playoffs will likely be even stranger. I'm expecting more upsets than years past and its senseless to try to "create" an easier path.
Portland was a horrible matchup for us a year ago. Agree lets let the chips fall in place, balls to the wall until Chicago on Saturday, get the week off and play the ATL as if it were a preseason game before the real season starts.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:27 PM   #37
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Do you really want to give Gasol the satisfaction to beat Dirk and start the world-media-wide Dirk vs. Gasol debate again ?

Do you really want to give Kobe the opportunity to eliminate a champion in the 1st round of the playoffs ? ....and redeem himself in the sweetest possible way.

And last but not least DO YOU REALLY want to lose in Odom's town ? and make him laugh his ass off.

Sorry guys, but the sheer possibility to lose a series against LAL makes me cringe.

A loss to SAS or OKC would be 100times more acceptable. SAS was "deeper" and OKC had "fresher legs"...so what.

To make it short: OK lets face LAL but then it is a MUST WIN.

Last edited by markus1234; 04-16-2012 at 12:36 PM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:39 PM   #38
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Do I really want to read any more of markus' posts?

No, I don't think I do.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:42 PM   #39
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
Sorry guys, but the sheer possibility to lose a series against LAL makes me cringe.
I think that professional sports might not be for you...

edit: What about the sheer possibility of the exact opposite of that happening? Embarrassing Kobe again? Showing Odom what effort looks like? Think about it...

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 04-16-2012 at 01:04 PM.
DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:53 PM   #40
CanadianMavsFan

CanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud of

Mavericks should win as many of their last games as they possibly can. They can play with the Lakers. Dirk would still be the best player in that series, the Mavericks get a big rest before the last game of the regular season which gives everyone time to sync and get better. Carlisle can absolutely out coach Brown, and the Lakers are still a ticking time bomb with Kobe healthy.

Screw all the negativity. Dallas is the defending champs, they are going to make the playoffs, and they should be confident in stomping anyone they face. If they face the Lakers, I'm looking forward to it. 3 out of 4 games the Mavericks were right there at the end and should've won, the other game the Lakers simply shot the lights out.

Bring them on I say.
CanadianMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chickenshit1234