Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 08-18-2004, 02:30 PM   #1
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute
Default The "Thank You" to Christian Laettner thread

thank you, L8. your service to this franchise is appreciated.

More importantly, your contributions to the game of basketball will be forever legendary.

Old 08-18-2004, 02:31 PM   #2
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:The "Thank You" to Christian Laettner thread

Old 08-18-2004, 02:31 PM   #3
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Old 08-18-2004, 02:32 PM   #4
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Old 08-18-2004, 02:32 PM   #5
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Old 08-18-2004, 02:33 PM   #6
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

OK, I'm done. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 08-18-2004, 02:42 PM   #7
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

This obviously stat padding. :-)
Old 08-18-2004, 03:03 PM   #8
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: The "Thank You" to Christian Laettner thread

Dang BBL... You've already posted all of the best "The Shot" pics.

I will say it is somewhat disapointing that we won't get to see Mr. Laettner resume his Mavs career, but at least he has been integral now in two of the blockbuster trades that have helped to build this squad. Thanks for the memories Laettner! You would have fit in perfectly with a Dirk/Bradley/Booth frontcourt rotation this year...
Old 08-18-2004, 03:21 PM   #9
PepperTheMavsFan41

PepperTheMavsFan41 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for contributing to sports talk.
I can kill cause in god I trust.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
PepperTheMavsFan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 04:28 PM   #10
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the 298 points and 212rebounds back in 00/01
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 06:03 PM   #11
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for Dampier.
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 07:18 PM   #12
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to one of my all time favorite players. You will be missed.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 08:12 PM   #13
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

c u L8R L8

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 08:18 PM   #14
fin4life

fin4life is on a distinguished road

he will never be remembered for anything but that shot... when he is 60, people will ask him about it.
fin4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 08:28 PM   #15
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Thank you for not getting busted as a Mav.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 08:30 PM   #16
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: fin4life
he will never be remembered for anything but that shot... when he is 60, people will ask him about it.
What shot will you remember Shaquille O'neal for? Regardless of which it is, it won't be remotely as memorable as Laettner's biggest claim to fame....few are..very few. Perhaps the lay in by NC State and maybe Jordan sticking one in the heart of the city of Cleveland.
Old 08-18-2004, 08:38 PM   #17
fin4life

shaq doesnt have a shot that he will be remembered by... he has 3 rings and a 8 year stint as the world's most dominent player.
Old 08-18-2004, 08:44 PM   #18
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: fin4life
shaq doesnt have a shot that he will be remembered by... he has 3 rings and a 8 year stint as the world's most dominent player.
Of course...which is the point. The point is that you and most everyone else can remember one specific shot from a player illustrates just amazingly clutch and how amazingly important the shot is to the history of the game.

With most players, all you remember is who they played for or that maybe they made an all-star game or two. With Laettner, he gave us one of the most memorable moments in the history of sports. I'm sorry, but even many of the greatest players of all time cannot make that claim to fame.
Old 08-18-2004, 08:58 PM   #19
fin4life

i must admit that that was one of the most amazing shots that i have ever seen (although i didnt see it live)
Old 08-18-2004, 10:27 PM   #20
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks L8. What next Thanks Stackhouse thread- I wish.
Old 08-19-2004, 07:24 AM   #21
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

do not dimiss the seriousness of this thread, mff. this is a genuine outpouring of thanks to possibly the 206th best power forward ever to play the game.

man, when that shot happened, i ran out of my house and around the block yelling. i didn't even watch replays, cause i wasn't in the house.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:26 AM   #22
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Big Boy Laroux
do not dimiss the seriousness of this thread, mff. this is a genuine outpouring of thanks to possibly the 206th best power forward ever to play the game.

man, when that shot happened, i ran out of my house and around the block yelling. i didn't even watch replays, cause i wasn't in the house.
Ahh... The sarcasm of BBL!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-19-2004, 08:38 AM   #23
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

#32 in your playbooks, #1 in your hearts... Christian Laettner!

ok, maybe just #1 in my heart... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]