Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 12-01-2005, 02:27 AM   #1
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is Steve Nash an MVP Candidate?

Goodness, gracious. Against the Pacers tonight, 31 points in 34 minutes on only 15 shots. 8 boards and 9 assists. The Suns are winning at a 50-game clip, without Amare Stoudemire.

Could the little Canadian win twice in a row? Is there anyone else in the NBA who does more to help his team win games?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2005, 02:28 AM   #2
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk? The guy is a killer that can will wins 9 out of 10 times
LeBron is averaging 28.4ppg, 6reb, 4assists, 1.7steals and almost a block
Iverson with 33.6ppg, 3.3rpg, 8apg, 2.0spg
Duncan with 22ppg, 12rpg, 3apg, 2.7bpg
Garnett has a solid 22ppg, 11rpg, 5apg, with more than a steal and a block

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 12-01-2005 at 02:33 AM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 02:41 AM   #3
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

IMO, Nash is playing better this year than last, especially with what he has had to work with.

this coming from a Nash hater =x

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84

Last edited by alby; 12-01-2005 at 02:42 AM.
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 02:43 AM   #4
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

The only reason nash won last year was because of team wins and they wont win as many this year. Talent surrounding him doesnt matter because that team last year had BY FAR the most talent in the nba and he won anyway because they had the best record in the nba. I think it will be Dirk if the mavs have the best record, kg if the wolves are in the top 6. Lebron if neither of those happen and they win 50
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 02:45 AM   #5
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Dangit! I always forget about Dirk. You'd think I'd quit making that same mistake...

True enough about LeBron. He's probably the frontrunner, isn't he?

The rest of 'em...meh. Let's see if my boy AI keeps up his scoring average, and if he does, if it's even good enough. Duncan and Garnett? They aren't doing anything they haven't done before.

But if little Stevie keeps the Suns winnng at a 50+ clip without Amare...damn, what a basketball player.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:49 AM   #6
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
The only reason nash won last year was because of team wins and they wont win as many this year. Talent surrounding him doesnt matter because that team last year had BY FAR the most talent in the nba and he won anyway because they had the best record in the nba. I think it will be Dirk if the mavs have the best record, kg if the wolves are in the top 6. Lebron if neither of those happen and they win 50
What if the only reason for his team wins last year WAS Steve Nash? Huh?

But seriously, it's got to be LBJ's to lose. Tomorrow I will check the early lines on TradeSports. I'm sure they have lines so far. But yeah, it's that kid's to lose.

But I bet Nash gets some votes. I bet he gets more than Dirk!
Old 12-01-2005, 02:51 AM   #7
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

I think the front runners are King James and Elton "I never get respect" Brand.

Contact Me
Old 12-01-2005, 03:02 AM   #8
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

I love brand and want him to get some respect but he wont win the mvp. I just dont see it happening. I think this will be his year like Dirks 02-03 year where he should have won but gets top 5 or 6. Dirk will end up at about 26-10 on a team with one of the 2 best records in the nba this year. Nash last year had NO business being the mvp. That team just had too much talent and he wasnt their best player. I seriously dont know how dirk didnt win the mvp last year other than that he plays here. The mavs had about 65% of the useable talent that the suns did and still came within 4 wins of the same record. The mavs had 4 guys better than anyone on the mavs other than dirk and one more that was close. How you give a guy the mvp with that much talent when the excuse to not give it to dirk is that he has had too much help is just beyond me.

Last edited by Five-ofan; 12-01-2005 at 03:03 AM.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:07 AM   #9
chumdawg
Guru

Dude. 31 points on 15 shots. With 8 boards and 9 assists.

31 points on 15 shots. Let that sink in.

31 and 8 and 9. On fifteen shots. With 8 boards and 9 assists.

Against the Pacers!
Old 12-01-2005, 03:08 AM   #10
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

If LeBron puts up last year's numbers this year, and his team keeps winning, there is no doubt that he will get it.

2004-2005
27.4points
7.4rebounds
7.2assists
2.2 steals
That's out of this world.

This year he's up in all shooting percentages, blocks and better in turnovers but isnt posting as many steals, rebounds or assists.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:09 AM   #11
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Against the Pacers!
Pacers fell on their face and lacked any energy. Watched the game and it was ugly the amount of effort the Pacers put in
Old 12-01-2005, 03:13 AM   #12
Five-ofan
Guru

He had a great game, he is a CANDIDATE but he wont win nor should he. I agree EL about Lebron, he puts up incredible stats but I dont know if he can consistently match those with marshall and hughes to take away stats. Those guys are good for him because they help him win but they will hurt his numbers.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:22 AM   #13
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
Pacers fell on their face and lacked any energy. Watched the game and it was ugly the amount of effort the Pacers put in
You wouldn't put forth any more effort, either, if Steve Nash was obliterating your ass!
Old 12-01-2005, 01:47 PM   #14
alby
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
He had a great game, he is a CANDIDATE but he wont win nor should he. I agree EL about Lebron, he puts up incredible stats but I dont know if he can consistently match those with marshall and hughes to take away stats. Those guys are good for him because they help him win but they will hurt his numbers.
i think the main thing is if his team continues to win, he will still put up mvp-caliber numbers no matter what.

Contact Me
Old 12-01-2005, 02:14 PM   #15
Milles

Milles will become famous soon enoughMilles will become famous soon enough

It should also be mentioned that Nash has already garnered a Player of the Week honor. His numbers have been on the increase as his team has been improving.

To quote the Sports Guy, "By the way, did you ever think in a million years that Boris Diaw would be doing a reasonably decent Joe Johnson impersonation? Boris Diaw??? Hey, maybe Steve Nash IS the best player in the league -- somehow he's managed to turn Boris Diaw's career around, and I didn't even know there was a career to be turned."
Milles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 02:44 PM   #16
Five-ofan
Guru

Lebron will put up great stats but 27 7 and 7 probably isnt happening because he has more help. Thats fine though if they win.