Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-10-2001, 08:00 PM   #1
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

Rob says I'm immature and that several people have complained to him about my posting, so I'm granting him his wish, and leaving the board.

I really enjoyed chatting with the majority of you, and it's unfortunate that one person had to ruin that fun for me. But I can no longer take the private message bashing from Rob, and I have decided that's it's best if I leave the board so our personal arguments don't effect the rest of you and your experience on the site.

Rob seems to think this is a popularity contest, in his words, "I have almost everyone behind me." He's trying to have me removed from the board over a couple disagreements, which is extremely childish if you ask me.

In closing, thanks again to DJ and everyone else, it was a fun ride. I'll see you on other boards I'm sure.

Congrats Rob...you got your wish buddy!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 04-10-2001, 08:24 PM   #2
turbo.mav

turbo.mav has a spectacular aura aboutturbo.mav has a spectacular aura about

what the hell is this hales? thats no good. i dont know how you can get shoved off a board
turbo.mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 08:38 PM   #3
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

There's really no need for you to leave Hales. It is possible, after all, to just IGNORE the private msgs rather then replying to them and keeping the flame war going. I don't know the specifics since this has obviously been going on between the two of you privately, but I have seen you flame Rob in some threads. On the flip side, I have never seen him post anything derogatory towards you or anyone else here. Whatever the case, I hope you rethink your decision.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 08:55 PM   #4
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

I NEVER asked you to leave Hales. Infact I told you you were a nice guy I asked that you NOT leave. And I have NOT sent you any bashing PM's. I don't know why your always trying to make look like the bad guy by rearanging the words in my PM and posting them here but that's very immature.

I apologize to everyone for Hales trying to make this a big deal and involving all the members here. I Would have prefered to keep it private but Hales feels otherwise.

Again, I never asked you to leave Hales and I hope you re-think your decision. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 09:34 PM   #5
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

Rob,
We get the point. I am immature. You don't have to keep repeating it. I'm immature and you aren't. You are the F'N man Rob, we all love you and are here to serve you.

Except me, I can't take it any more.

later everyone.

rack me, I'm Out!!
Old 04-10-2001, 11:10 PM   #6
turbo.mav

turbo.mav has a spectacular aura aboutturbo.mav has a spectacular aura about

I dont know why you can't just ignore him.
turbo.mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 11:16 PM   #7
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know why your always trying to make look like the bad guy by rearanging the words in my PM and posting them here but that's very immature.

I don't see how anyone could go ballistic after reading this, but that's just me I guess. Hales, no one's asking you to leave. We're all adults here, so I'm not going to try and tell you what to do. I just ask that you think this one through. Just like turbo.mav just said, it is possible to just IGNORE such comments you know.
Old 04-11-2001, 01:27 AM   #8
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Hales stay here c'mon
Old 04-11-2001, 01:31 AM   #9
scooterj5
Golden Member

Rob give it up dude
Old 04-11-2001, 08:42 AM   #10
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

maybe i should chime in on this. i've observed this whole thing. i haven't seen the PMs, but that's irrelevent. hales, you can ignore the PMs. rob, if you are PMing, even if they aren't mean or whatever, just stop. it's painfully obvious that you guys can't get along, for whatever IMMATURE reason (and yes, i said immature), or whomever's fault it is. this is a freaking message board. i'm sick of seeing half the posts on this board cluttered with "shut up, rob" messages. as far as i can tell, no one started anything by insulting someone. if you absolutely have to start crap with someone, start it with me. i am more than capable of ignoring you.
Old 04-11-2001, 09:12 AM   #11
LAM0015
Banned

LAM0015 is on a distinguished road

don't let the door hit your a*s on the way out.
later hales... i enjoyed the arguing and conversation that you brought up with your HSO's. you're exactly the type of guy this needs....someone that's not afraid to voice their opinions (even when they are wrong).
take care...happy searching for a new board.
LAM0015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2001, 11:50 AM   #12
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

this is stupid, it's a FREAKIN MESSAGE BOARD!!! Jeez...
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2001, 03:08 PM   #13
ReggieThetaChi

ReggieThetaChi is on a distinguished road

Yeah, that is kind of retarded, getting all wigged out over a post board. Everyone, come on. We're not each others enemies. The lakers fans are our enemies.
Old 04-11-2001, 03:11 PM   #14
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

Don't forget the Jazz and Rockets' fans as well.
Old 04-11-2001, 06:25 PM   #15
dallmav

dallmav is on a distinguished road

I believe that this is a little immature. Everyone here are grown adults. I dont understand how two people who have never even met each other, cant get along. NO one asked you to leave hales, and you ought to reconsider. Im not going to beg you to stay here, but this site rocks, and lets all just get along and enjoy the mavericks first playoffs in 10 years.
dallmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2001, 03:07 PM   #16
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

He said he changed his mind and is staying.
Old 04-12-2001, 03:40 PM   #17
LAM0015
Banned

please leave hales..thanks, bye
Old 04-12-2001, 03:46 PM   #18
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

What's that about? We don't want any Bradly-haters gone!
Old 04-12-2001, 03:54 PM   #19
scooterj5
Golden Member

I think we need to strengthen this emssage board by voting people off survivor-style. Let's gang up up mackdiddy
Old 04-12-2001, 03:54 PM   #20
LAM0015
Banned

just for fun
haley knows that i don't want him gone... if i wanted anyone gone, it would be thekid, i could do without him
Old 04-12-2001, 03:56 PM   #21
djb
Administrator

Survivor-style..who gets immunity this week? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Mackdaddy hasn't been around for a while anyway.
Old 04-12-2001, 03:58 PM   #22
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

haha...sorry I missunderstood.