Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2002, 11:49 PM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

4 and under - poor knowledge of sports. unsalvageable.

5 - decent knowledge of sports. should read murph's posts again to increase their sports knowledge.

6 - good knowledge of sports. occasionally have an opinion that causes murph to consider.

8 - very good knowledge of sports. they are worth arguing with but since they rarely disagree with murph (because they DO have a very good knowledge of sports) there is only rare situations where there is disagreement.

9 - outstanding knowledge of sports. almost murph-like in knowledge.

10 - murph

Chef Ed: 1
Yes, he is deserving of a #1 ranking. It’s just too bad that 1 is the lowest you can score on a 1-10 scale. Another one of the annoying guys that talk about who they know without ever showing that they know anything

RCF: (-1)
I felt that (-2) was too harsh. See Chef Ed

David: 6
He gets a 6 only because he is a new poster and the jury is still out a bit. Has shown the ability to come up with original ideas that are intelligent. He has a promising future ahead of him although I do fear that he suffers from “good ol’ day syndrome”

Big Boy Laroux: 7
Does anyone on this board like me less? I would definitely hope not. In between his Murphy hating and Murphy bashing, he does come up with solid basketball ideas.

DJBacklash: 9
He is a quality poster and the mind behind the dallas-mavs.com madness. He isn’t too confrontational and doesn’t throw out the jaw dropping statistic. Actually, his home seems to be in the “Lounge” more often than not. He knows enough basketball to hold his
own in any debate though. No one gets Mavs articles to the board faster than DJ

TheCrippler: 8
He’s confrontational and abrasive. However, he knows his basketball. He knows the Mavericks and his is in tune with the rest of the NBA. However, job requirements have kept him out of some of the best debates. Will he forever be an underachiever on this board or will he step it up for the home stretch of this NBA season.

MFFL: 8
Definitely suffers from “Good old days syndrome”. However, with his advanced age, it is understandable. Only a handful of guys on this board can claim to know the sport as well as MFFL. However, he does tend to go with his heart instead of his head at times in
some of his arguments.

MavsFanFinley: 5
A Finley fan first, and a Mavs fan second. Takes exception to the stating of the inevitable but is finally seeing the writing on the wall. If anyone likes me less than Bag Boy Laroux, it is her.

Mavinator & EvilMav2: 7
Are they the same guy or what? Both of them know basketball without a doubt. However, their weird obsessions with Bradley automatically lowers their scores.

TheKid: 7
We’ve had alot of good debates. Unfortunately for TheKid, I have been the one that was right on the vast majority of them. Hell, maybe even all of them. TheKid has proven, over time, to be a guy that can throw out the HSO. Although he is sometimes guilty of thinking with his heart instead of his head as well. He was way behind the curve when it
came to acknowledging that Dirk was the best player on the team. He is definitely a master debater.

DallMav: 6
I don’t remember who the hell he is half of the time and then I remember...He’s definitely one of the guys that WAS NOT pro Bradley in the great Bradley debates over the past year or so. Unfortunately, his posts are few and far in between at times so I can’t give him
too good of a rating

FineCubanCigar: 8
Scathing sports opinions and a tremendous amount of dislike for Murphy. When he talks, he has something to say. Yes, sparks are likely to fly when they are directed at or different from Murphy or TheKid’s opinions he does do a decent job of avoiding making
comments without any type of rationale.

MadApe: 7
A loose wire. He is good when he’s posting regularly. He’s also probably the first guy on this board to tell about what kind of impact Calvin Booth would have on the Mavs team last year.

Hoopsmeister: 8
Without a doubt, he is one of the top posters on this board. Hoopsmeister is part of what makes this the best Mavs board around. He was ahead of the curve on the Dirk and Finley debates. Also, an early proponent of how important Steve Nash was/is to the team

Flying Tiger: 6
Hasn’t been around enough. This probably has something to do with the butt whipping he took last year in the Dirk/Finley debates. Eating humble pie can be a very bitter experience I have heard. Fortunately, I have never been on the receiving end.

Reeds: 5
He actually has some original thoughts. However, he gets a 5 based upon one thing: He was the originator of “I know this guy” or “I played the game”. There is no bigger way to alienate yourself on a board than to pull that.

Fidel: 6.5
Hey, he’s foreign. Allows heart to take over at times instead of using his head. Fortunately, his heart was/is correct most of the time.

RobWR: 7
He’s country and he knows his Mavs. Although he’s taking the “moderator” thing a bit too seriously..allowing it to go to his head, he is still a quality poster. His sports opinions
aren’t scathing enough and his statistical backing isn’t always behind his opinions

BlondeBomber: 6
Too early to tell. He’s another one of those guys that hasn’t posted much. I don’t know who he is or what his opinions are, but he knows who the best player on the team is. This is temporarily worth a 6. Personally, I think he’s a reincarnation of Lam0015. He’s only
being tame right now until RCF dies down and then he’ll unleash his fury.

Murphy: 10
No one knows more about the Mavs or sports in general on the board. His predictions are almost always very close to being correct. His seasonal statistical predictions for the Mavs have been amazingly close so far this year. He was ahead of the curve with Adrian Griffin and also the first to see the downfall of Howard’s game this year (which is showing some promise of picking up). Definitely the top debater on the board.

Scooterj5: 7
He is definitely a quality poster with HSO’s. His David Stern business school postactually showed a bit of humor as well. However, he’s another guy that doesn’t throw in enough stats and doesn’t always post on a regular enough basis

more to come

bayliss: 6
horrible name. I can't think of a worse name to use as a screen name. This is an automatic deduction of a point from your grade. However, I have actually enjoyed some of your thoughts and you do see the light when it comes to the Dallas Mavs future. In order to be taken seriously, you must change your screen name though

Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote