Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-02-2024, 04:06 PM   #1
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Get bigger and better at rebounding or the season is toast. Defense would be a plus, I just want this team to be more competitive at rebounding first as that's an easier problem to solve IMO

Size is the obvious need, and then perhaps some introspection and effort...
I would be inclined to agree except, we are toast already.

I hate to say it, but Kai is a blessing and a curse, for us. He isn't helping our defense or rebounding and he isnt agressive enough. His poise is nice, but when Luka is having the occasional off game, he needs to pick it WAY up. Even if he was able to to that, we still need more balance.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 05:38 PM   #2
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I would be inclined to agree except, we are toast already.

I hate to say it, but Kai is a blessing and a curse, for us. He isn't helping our defense or rebounding and he isnt agressive enough. His poise is nice, but when Luka is having the occasional off game, he needs to pick it WAY up. Even if he was able to to that, we still need more balance.
I disagree, very much a salvageable season and perhaps they knew they would be moving to make in-season moves. Not my preference, but here we are...

I also don't agree on Kyrie. I've seen when it works out, but it was always dependent on health, and for the most part, it's been fine on that front. Thanks to Dwight Powell, the entire budding chemistry took a 12-game hit and that was reset. I still have hope that Kyrie will be the #2 option he can be and will eventually be able to let Luka get breathers and take time off.

All that said, it's moot unless the big man rotation improves, and it might take a drastic improvement tbh

Love the idea of Siakam, but not seeing how we get there and concerned about the future given he's a FA and will be needing a big contract to stay. Perhaps there's a play here in trading Kyrie in the offseason and re-signing Siakam, I dunno...
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 06:34 PM   #3
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I disagree, very much a salvageable season and perhaps they knew they would be moving to make in-season moves. Not my preference, but here we are...

I also don't agree on Kyrie. I've seen when it works out, but it was always dependent on health, and for the most part, it's been fine on that front. Thanks to Dwight Powell, the entire budding chemistry took a 12-game hit and that was reset. I still have hope that Kyrie will be the #2 option he can be and will eventually be able to let Luka get breathers and take time off.

All that said, it's moot unless the big man rotation improves, and it might take a drastic improvement tbh

Love the idea of Siakam, but not seeing how we get there and concerned about the future given he's a FA and will be needing a big contract to stay. Perhaps there's a play here in trading Kyrie in the offseason and re-signing Siakam, I dunno...
Idk what salvageable is, I guess. I figured id settle this season like many others did with
Just give us some exciting basketball. We have all listed reasons why we arent contenders so theres no need to list them again.

We dont have enough for Siakam unless you are talking Kyrie and that seems like too many moving parts to even day dream about. We do need someone that can play big. Otherwise we just need to decide what type of cooked bread we prefer.

Old 01-03-2024, 12:08 PM   #4
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Idk what salvageable is, I guess. I figured id settle this season like many others did with
Just give us some exciting basketball. We have all listed reasons why we arent contenders so theres no need to list them again.

We dont have enough for Siakam unless you are talking Kyrie and that seems like too many moving parts to even day dream about. We do need someone that can play big. Otherwise we just need to decide what type of cooked bread we prefer.
I meant they can still contend this year, but it takes some more moves.

I'm starting to think they didn't like any deals in the offseason and thought they could make something happen at the deadline. Dumbass approach, but it makes sense with the timeline of events. They're extremely lucky that Lively is this playable early on or it would all be a disaster.

Seriously, the problem has been there now going on three seasons (could argue all the way back to losing Chandler, but I digress...). Even I will start to get really perturbed if they stand pat over the next month and a half.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 02:16 PM   #5
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
I meant they can still contend this year, but it takes some more moves.

I'm starting to think they didn't like any deals in the offseason and thought they could make something happen at the deadline. Dumbass approach, but it makes sense with the timeline of events. They're extremely lucky that Lively is this playable early on or it would all be a disaster.

Seriously, the problem has been there now going on three seasons (could argue all the way back to losing Chandler, but I digress...). Even I will start to get really perturbed if they stand pat over the next month and a half.
I wouldn't be so disappointed if they quickly pivoted on to the next best available when they start targeting players. Any thing could be happening on these calls...but very usable players are miased all the time while we are chasing Siakams, or insert a cpl guys every year.

Yea no one comes to mind since Chandler.