Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-22-2005, 10:58 PM   #201
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Just a quick heads-up to you guys: I think tonight is Ted Koppel's last "Nightline." You might want to watch, if you're a fan.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2005, 10:59 PM   #202
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjz
Game over, big win!

And is there a guy who plays the game with more joy than the JET?

And AJ hasn't lost a home game since he became the head coach.

Vjz that one was a "must win," the Mavs would have fallen off the national media map with a home loss vs Houston without Tmac!

Jet is a great basketball player who continues to improve.... Not a bad home record for AJ!
Old 11-22-2005, 11:00 PM   #203
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
I think it should be called Chop a Diop.
clever. I like it. I find Jason Terry extremely attractive, especially after games like this. I love the fire he brings on the court and his Van Exel like snarl. Good win. Wish I would have gone but I gave my ticket up. My sucky students gave me a lovely Thanksgiving gift - bronchitis. Boo. Now I am going to go back to the couch in my hydrocodone cough syrup haze.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 11:01 PM   #204
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

How do GM's continue to give people like Swift money? I mean just watch the guy. He looks so disinterested and depressed during every game, and plays with zero intensity. Has there ever been a more perfect example of someone getting their cash and refusing to work to become a better player?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 11:02 PM   #205
Locked_Up_Tonight
Platinum Member

Locked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to behold

Dirk had 1 rebound in the first half.

He had 3 rebounds in the 3rd quarter, and 3 rebounds in the 4th. (Although he did rebound those 3 times in the final 4 minutes.)
Old 11-22-2005, 11:05 PM   #206
DirkGoesNuclear

DirkGoesNuclear has a spectacular aura aboutDirkGoesNuclear has a spectacular aura aboutDirkGoesNuclear has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylan
Thunder Man sighting on UPN21... dude needs a haircut. I'd really hoped he'd given it up. He hardly did it last season.

Oh well!

In other news, Diop is becoming a man.

Thunder Man should be canned.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:09 PM   #207
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
To be fair, Damp didn't exactley have a horrible night tonight. His TO's hurt, but he rebounded well and played Dpretty well on Yao I think.
Who has been more consistent so far this year?

I am probably being unfair. But I get really excited watching Diop play. With Damp.... not so much. Flashes, yes... but consistently no.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:10 PM   #208
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

good win tonight. didn't get to watch the game, but a win is a win despite what the children at TNT will say. I think Houston just played a little bit over-their-heads while the Mavs didn't quite play their best ball. We still have a couple of key injuries so I'm happy with the win against a division rival regardless if T-Mac is out. I'm impressed with Dirk this season. Even following the gamecast, you can tell that Dirk really takes the lead for the Mavs when the game is in the balance. I think you could give the game ball to Dirk almost any night the Mavs win. I'm impressed with Diop hitting some crucial freethrows. I'm almost positive Dampier wouldn't have made those.

Last edited by jleefilled; 11-22-2005 at 11:12 PM.
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 11:10 PM   #209
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

they both seem like they are too young and too inconsistent, but Diop is a master at playing in the clutch so far in this short season.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 11:15 PM   #210
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdsanctuary
Yao's done nothing in the 4th!
Diop Suey?
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 11:16 PM   #211
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Diop has officially won everyone over. The man is playing very good ball these days.

Good win, but it shouldn't have been close.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 11:17 PM   #212
Locked_Up_Tonight
Platinum Member

Locked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to behold

Honestly: i think Dirk is kind of coasting through most games until he realizes it is either getting out of hand or it is against a team that is very good.

(And I know it's not a good quality per se but it also is a very good sign as far as leadership/conserving energy. MJ scored 30 every night but he would play a lot harder against the big boys... and let the others "shine" against the easier oppoenents. And when the 4th rolled round you knew who was going to be the man. Even if Kerr or Paxson hit the shots, Jordan were setting them up for those shots. Dirk is kind of doing that this year. The Denver game and SA game are two prime examples of that this year. And when the playoffs roll around (IMO) Dirk will be geared every night.)
Old 11-22-2005, 11:17 PM   #213
Drbio
Banned

Seriously....why must our beloved Mavericks play to the level of the opponent?
Old 11-22-2005, 11:22 PM   #214
MavsMandy

MavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really nice

whoever said it should be called chop a diop, good call. that's what immediately came to mind for me as soon as they intentionally fouled him. unfortunately for the coolness of the term (but fortunately for the mavs), diop actually shot pretty well from the line, so it may have to be retired.
MavsMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 11:26 PM   #215
Locked_Up_Tonight
Platinum Member

Quote:
Seriously....why must our beloved Mavericks play to the level of the opponent?
Because if you have beaten your kid brother 9 out of 10 times you play Mortal Kombat do you start "easing" up on him hoping to make it interesting? If you don't "ease up" then you probably get extremely bored with the game and want to play some else besides your kid brother.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:29 PM   #216
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Old Diop = "Fat Man Little Boy"

New Diop = A fricking H-Bomb Crashing down on your head from the heavens above!!!

aint' tat right Carmelo?

Diop is our secret weapon... shhhhhh!
Old 11-22-2005, 11:30 PM   #217
Drbio
Banned

Uh....no. The Mavs seem to lack focus on lesser teams like Houston. They come out very focused against teams like San Antonio and Detroit. That is a professional issue or a coaching issue. It's been this way for the last couple of years.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:32 PM   #218
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Despite Dampier, you gotta like the production they're getting from the 5 position:

3 guys, 45-46 mintues, 8 pts, 13 rebounds, 3 blks, 6 fouls.

Last edited by MavKikiNYC; 11-22-2005 at 11:38 PM.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 11:34 PM   #219
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

another stat that impressed me tonight was the absence of turnovers for both Daniels and Harris. I'm getting the feeling that diop, harris, and daniels are all starting to figure this basketball thing out. I also liked how Josh bounced back from a poor first half.
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 11:35 PM   #220
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to behold

I have RETURNED. and we have WON. GLORIOUS.
endtroducing MASKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 11:35 PM   #221
Locked_Up_Tonight
Platinum Member

Quote:
Uh....no. The Mavs seem to lack focus on lesser teams like Houston. They come out very focused against teams like San Antonio and Detroit. That is a professional issue or a coaching issue. It's been this way for the last couple of years.
And had Nelson coached tonight it would've been a loss.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:42 PM   #222
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

the more I watch this team the more I am convinced they could be really good this year and great in a year or two

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 11:48 PM   #223
TheMurph

TheMurph is a jewel in the roughTheMurph is a jewel in the roughTheMurph is a jewel in the roughTheMurph is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran
Random observations...

Some good news: The Mavs played pretty good defense on Yao Ming.

Some bad news: The Mavs made Luther Head look like a ROY candidate.

Some good news: Diop continues his progress and foils the Judo Diop strategy.

Some bad news: Josh Howard is in love with his jump shot.

Some good news: Dirk Nowitzki cleared the glass late in the 4th.

Some bad news: He waited until late in the 4th.

Some good news: We didn't sign Stromile Swift.

Some even better news: We signed Diop for less money.
Come on KG..the Mavs won the rebounding battle by 11. It doesn't matter who gets the boards as long as they're in a Mavs uniform. So, if Dirk ends up with 2 boards but the Mavs easily when the battle on the glass, it's a safe bet that many of the boards that he'd normally get were taken by teammates. It's not who gets the boards...it's which team gets them....and, I know you know this.
TheMurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 12:24 AM   #224
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Obviously the mavs' heads were not right with ball tonight. I'm sort of wondering if that's what happens to a rather young team right now. Dirk/Jason brought it, but devin/marquis weren't exactly intense out there.

Maybe you have to be a little more professional to not have letdowns on teams that you know are going to stink.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 12:47 AM   #225
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's a bit unrealistic to think you are going to have your "A game" or whatever every night. Unless you are the 72-win Bulls or something. Hell, even win you win 60 you lose one out of four, and not always to elite teams.

I thought the Mavs availed themselves nicely tonight. A slow start, as seems to be the case this year more often than not, but on the whole a nice win.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 01:02 AM   #226
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
How do GM's continue to give people like Swift money? I mean just watch the guy. He looks so disinterested and depressed during every game, and plays with zero intensity. Has there ever been a more perfect example of someone getting their cash and refusing to work to become a better player?
There may not be a more overrated commodity in pro basketball than the athletic big man...I was scratching my head all summer reading how Houston passed us by signing Swift when his only skill is the ability to dunk on people. If he's so valuable why didn't Fratello use him against Amare in the playoffs?
Old 11-23-2005, 01:12 AM   #227
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
There may not be a more overrated commodity in pro basketball than the athletic big man...I was scratching my head all summer reading how Houston passed us by signing Swift when his only skill is the ability to dunk on people. If he's so valuable why didn't Fratello use him against Amare in the playoffs?
or why is he still raw like a rook when this is his 6th year in the league. Completely agree dirno, he's such a piece of you know what. He's lazy, not willing to learn or work for it, and thus his playing time is low, because of that. Van Gundy ain't gonna play him like Hubie and the Czar didn't in Memphis. I also laughed at these national talking heads saying Stro was the best combo with Yao. We all said on here how he needs a rebounder, tough guy next to him, which Stro is not.

On the game, Diop, Diop, and more Diop. He wasn't the best player on the court, but he makes me feel good inside when he's out there. I've always liked him, wanted the mavs to trade up for him and I'm sooo pumped to see him become our future at center. Props to JT tonight for being that leader we needed to get our heads in the right direction.

BTW, does anyone hate Jeff Van Gundy as I do, cause I can't stand the guy.
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 01:14 AM   #228
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
How right you are, Dirno... All offseason I was reading articles talking about Swift being the final piece to making Houston a championship team. I swear, the guy wasn't good enough to start in Memphis, then Houston signs him and people think he's James Worthy. Go figure.

oh yeah... Good to be back!
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 01:20 AM   #229
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

foglemann... I actually grew to like Van Gundy while he was on TNT. But, he's about the only thing I do like about the Rox anymore, since they've become media darlings.

Amen to all the thoughts on the Stro Show.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 01:25 AM   #230
Stitch Jones

Stitch Jones is a jewel in the roughStitch Jones is a jewel in the roughStitch Jones is a jewel in the rough
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson
How right you are, Dirno... All offseason I was reading articles talking about Swift being the final piece to making Houston a championship team. I swear, the guy wasn't good enough to start in Memphis, then Houston signs him and people think he's James Worthy. Go figure.
Totally agree. All the knee-jerking over the summer was driving me crazy. I mean, the guy no doubt has immense physical talent but just doesn't have the head or heart for it. I think he's only 26 so he still has time but if JVG can't get him straightened out, I don't know who can.

"Did you know that Shaq makes $20 million this season ... and another $60 million over the next three? Every Miami fan just threw up on their creepy all-white T-shirt. "
~ Simmons
Stitch Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 01:30 AM   #231
Stitch Jones

Stitch Jones is a jewel in the roughStitch Jones is a jewel in the roughStitch Jones is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
I think it's a bit unrealistic to think you are going to have your "A game" or whatever every night. Unless you are the 72-win Bulls or something. Hell, even win you win 60 you lose one out of four, and not always to elite teams.

I thought the Mavs availed themselves nicely tonight. A slow start, as seems to be the case this year more often than not, but on the whole a nice win.
Exactly. I've seen the version of the Mavs that run wild on scrub teams and then choke against the likes of the Lakers, Spurs, Kings, et...

I'll take this version.

"Did you know that Shaq makes $20 million this season ... and another $60 million over the next three? Every Miami fan just threw up on their creepy all-white T-shirt. "
~ Simmons
Old 11-23-2005, 01:54 AM   #232
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone else loving Quisy as the starter? The dude seems to have finally taken off those blinders when driving, and the ball moves pretty well with him on the court. And he's absolutely lethal in the post. I'm hoping AJ sticks with him when Stack/Christie come back.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 02:15 AM   #233
Stitch Jones

Quote:
Anyone else loving Quisy as the starter? The dude seems to have finally taken off those blinders when driving, and the ball moves pretty well with him on the court. And he's absolutely lethal in the post. I'm hoping AJ sticks with him when Stack/Christie come back.
Yeah, I'm diggin' it. I think his defense is underrated. And it even looks like he's starting to straighten out that stroke. While it's still not a thing of beauty, at least I don't cringe now when he pulls up from 18'. Isn't he shooting around 48% for the year?

~ Simmons
Old 11-23-2005, 04:20 AM   #234
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

I've said it before, Swift's greatest basketball achievement in his career was winning the McDonald's All American Slam Dunk contest in Highschool =)

I've been really impressed with Devin thus far this year, he seems alot more poised and patient but at the same time he knows when to look for his shot. Although I love the idea, the execution has not been that great IMO, referring to the Harris/Terry backcourt.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 11:28 AM   #235
vjz

vjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nice

Hate the way JVG's teams play. All the clutching-and-grabbing destroys the beauty of the game.

And Quisy is looking good, love his defense, he is almost like another JHo.
vjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 11:33 AM   #236
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I thought he had some problems in the lane last night,but then again so did many of the mavs when going against yao. But there were a few moments where he took it in 1 on 3 (and one was 7'5) and really messed it up.

BUT...I have been quite pleased with him. He's gotten smart enough to take a few steps in from the 3 point line to get his shot and he can make a 12-18 footer. Last night when the game was tight and he took a 3 he could have stepped in a few steps again, boy did he clang front iron on that. Old habits will be hard to break.

But overall, I've been really please with his starts. Has it been three now? Hawks, Detroit, Rockettes?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 11:50 AM   #237
Eman

Eman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to all

Did you know?

Dampier is ranked 7th in the NBA in Rebounds per 48 minutes.......ahead of

Chris Bosh
Alonzo mourning
Shawn marion
Jamal Magloire
Andrew Bogut
Ben Wallace
Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Zaza Pachulia
Yao Ming
Jermaine Oneal
Emeka Okufor
Nazr Mohammed
KEvin Garnett
Elton Brand
Kurt Thomas
Chris Weber ........to name a few......

Only Marcus Camby, Dwight Howard, Michael Sweetney, Tim Duncan and Tyson Chandler are ahead with sufficient minutes (only 3 centers).

Didn't we get Damp for his REBOUNDING and Defense?

Though he needs to cut down on turnovers (he will, he didn't turn it over that much last year), and he needs to stay out of foul trouble to get more minutes, He's not playing as bad as some say.

And now we have someone else to come in if he gets in foul trouble, unlike years past.
Eman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 01:09 PM   #238
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

you can tell Marquis is really holding back from his natural game (good and bad aspects), he is definitely making individual sacrifices for the team, good for him.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote