Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 10-29-2008, 04:05 PM   #1
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Question: Is anyone voting for Bob?

http://www.bobbarr2008.com/issues/

Also, do you think he'll have any marginal impact on swing states?

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 10-29-2008 at 04:08 PM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2008, 04:12 PM   #2
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, not bad! Gah, curse our two-party system!

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 04:16 PM   #3
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ohio ballots will feature six pairs of running mates vying for the nation's top political jobs. Another six sets of candidates have filed as write-ins.
Six, dang. I wonder if we shouldn't standardize national election ballots.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
Old 10-29-2008, 04:21 PM   #4
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
"McCain's not a conservative," Barr said. "A conservative is an individual that truly believes in shrinking government and moving it a significant distance back toward a government of enumerated powers."

McCain as much of an advocate of big government and big spending as Democrat Barack Obama, Barr said.

"McCain is the biggest cheerleader for spending even more money that we don't have. And this guy has the audacity to criticize Barack Obama for his claims?" Barr said. "He's proposing spending hundreds of billions buying up mortgages and hundreds of billions buying up banks. I expect Senator Obama to stand for those things. He's a big-government liberal."
http://blog.nj.com/njv_paul_mulshine...ns_with_t.html

Last edited by mary; 10-29-2008 at 04:22 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:23 PM   #5
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

I would say Barr might have a marginal impact in Georgia, as the polls in that state tighten a little bit. But probably not.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:29 PM   #6
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't Bob not officially make it on the Texas ballot? I thought someone told me you would have to write-in if you wanted to vote for him.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 10:03 PM   #7
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
Didn't Bob not officially make it on the Texas ballot? I thought someone told me you would have to write-in if you wanted to vote for him.
I voted today. Barr is on the ballot in Texas.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:47 PM   #8
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I doubt many people will vote for Bob. But I am fully confident that many people will choose not to cast a vote for McCain, for the reasons Bob mentions.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 09:53 AM   #9
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary View Post
http://www.bobbarr2008.com/issues/

Also, do you think he'll have any marginal impact on swing states?

I just went and glazed over his web site and read the highlites of his views on the issues listed.

For several points I agree with his view.

The keys that I differ are on the War in Iraq and our troops and bases that are in other countries. First on the War, I believe that there is a plan for our troops to come home from Iraq, however the plan, as it should, is not mandated by time, but rather by milestones.

When the job is complete and Iraq can stand on its own, as it is doing in Faluja (SP?) then we will see the troops come home.

Now in regards to our bases and troops in other parts of the world. Having American soldiers in other parts of the world serves two purposes. One, in the event of military action, we are better prepared to take action if we are already in a strategic location.

Second, it provides some good "PR" in the communities of where we are located. We have great Americans on the ground living in the communities and developing relationships with people on the ground. This helps to balance some of the negative propoganda that goes on around the world.

When people only see what is being told to them, they have noway of balancing that short of visiting America...with Americans in their community they get to know Americans and they get to see how Americans are. You might say that our troops based on other countries are somewhat Ambassadors/Missionaries for America.

There is another item that I believe Bob Barr is twisting...this topic of civil liberties. Saddly our enemies (Terrorists) have used this to attack America. Technology has moved extremely fast and I have no problem with our government having access to electronic communications and other surveilance techniques. I believe we have a clear understanding of what a terrorist is and we are able to discern when an individual or a cell is communicating about terrorist activities. Why would we NOT want our National Defense to have access to this information?

That is unless, some Americans have something to hide?

Other issues are important...but without the greatest National Defense then we risk not having a country at all.

As for the question at hand...I don't believe he will have a major impact. Not like Perot did in that he basically gave the election to Clinton and we saw how that negatively affected America. Because of that, no matter how middle of the road a Republican candidate is, we will not see as many people waste a vote thus allowing the worst of all candidate evils to be elected again.

A vote for Bob is a vote for Obama...thus you will see Bob voters reluctantly voting for McCain in hopes of keeping Obama's liberal ways out of office.

Last edited by 92bDad; 10-30-2008 at 09:57 AM.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote