Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 07-18-2004, 09:25 PM   #1
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute
Default What about Bob Sura?

I know he's more of a combo guard, but he can handle the point as well. He's not a bad shooter either, albeit a streaky one. What do you all think?

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2004, 09:26 PM   #2
fin4life

fin4life is on a distinguished road
Default RE:What about Bob Sura?

Not that interested, but is he a free agent of do we have to make a deal for him?
fin4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 09:32 PM   #3
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

No, he's a free agent. Teams are running out of money pretty quick (with all of the ridiculous money being blown). I think if we waited a few weeks, guards like him, Barry etc. will come for cheap. I think what we will see is a lot of money being thrown around, and then a cliff hanger in spending by teams. If Sura wants to come to a good play-off team (since I believe he has always been on bad ones), then I'd say we have a good chance.

Old 07-18-2004, 09:45 PM   #4
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default RE: What about Bob Sura?

He'd be a heck of a point guard. He's a pretty decent penetrator from what i've seen. I don't know about his shooting, but with the current team we have now, it won't matter(b/c the only two shooters now are Dirk and Finley).

EDIT--- I just looked at his stats. When he was traded to the Hawks, his numbers were identical of Antoine Walker's (14/8/50).
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 09:53 PM   #5
fin4life

fin4life is on a distinguished road

If we were to sign him, we would just add another member to his roster. I believe he ended the year with the hawks... which would mean we can do a sign&trade where we give up more contracts becasue they are under the cap.

How About:

Fortson, Delk, TAW (If they think he can comeback)
for
Sura (signed to a 3y/5mil contract) and a 2nd rounder
fin4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 09:54 PM   #6
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

he's just a less talented and likable Daniels.

Erica also hates him.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 10:38 PM   #7
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road

three triple doubles. I'm interested.
Old 07-19-2004, 06:54 AM   #8
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light

Not a better point guard than harris or daniels...
#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 08:12 AM   #9
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: endtroducing
three triple doubles. I'm interested.
Ya because he inflated his stats. Marquis could have had two triple doubles in a row if he inflated his like Sura.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 11:59 AM   #10
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Still, if you can bring in Sura for the 1.6, I say do it. Not many other FAs (at point) impress me that much that are still available and I'd rather trade Walker for a big man.

Old 07-19-2004, 12:25 PM   #11
vinnieponte

vinnieponte is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
he's just a less talented and likable Daniels.

Erica also hates him.
Ditto, he is a waste of time but then again the way we're signing and trading he might just be here
Old 07-19-2004, 12:58 PM   #12
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: DevinHarriswillstart
Still, if you can bring in Sura for the 1.6, I say do it. Not many other FAs (at point) impress me that much that are still available and I'd rather trade Walker for a big man.
I believe, the 1.6 (or the LLE) is spent on DJ. All we have now are the veteran's minimum and S&T.

V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 01:11 PM   #13
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

With a sign and trade we could also dump some contracts/players on Atlanta. They barely have five guys to put on the court at this time. Well, nine actually,

Jason Terry
Alan Henderson
Al Harrington
Chris Crawford
Josh Childress
Jason Collier
Josh Smith
Boris Diaw-Riffiod
Travis Hansen

But four of them, Childress, Smith, Diaw-Riffiod and Hansen, total less than two-years of NBA experience between the whole group, and Crawford and Henderson have had all sorts of problems.

Atlanta has a ton of cap room but nobody to sign--maybe they could convince Dampier that they had a team if they signed Sura and traded him to us for Fortson, Delk and Najera. It's help us a ton with cap room and the roster and right now I don't see any of those three getting much playing time.

SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 03:08 PM   #14
mattyd
Banned

mattyd is on a distinguished road

I'm interested, not because I think he's the answer, but I think someone is going to have to split time with Harris.

My 1st choice is still NVE for that role, but I haven't read anything about that happening in weeks, so I guess it is dead.
mattyd is offline   Reply With Quote