Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2009, 12:17 PM   #7
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
Okafor just got to NO and isn't going anywhere this season.
Maybe, maybe not. They're a borderline playoff team who is well into the luxury tax. Not only for this year, but next year as well. They're obviously not going to trade Paul, and no one is going to want Peja. So if they're looking to dump salary Okafor and West are really their only two tradeable commodities.

Quote:
I disagree that Stephen Jackson and Curry are a "return to Nellie ball" or even a step back in any way, shape or form. Putting the two together talent wise anyone would have to say they are more talented than the combined talent of Josh Howard and JJB. Stephen Jackson is an upgrade at the 2 over Josh (not saying he's better than Josh, but better at that position) and Curry is a huge upgrade over JJB. Neither play much D at all, but Curry is a way better scorer.
Not trying to pick a fight here, but making a trade with Nellie to bring two of his guys to your team sure looks like a move towards Nellie ball to me. Fair point on Jackson being a better 2 than Josh, and I'll agree that the trade would leave the Mavs with a more talented roster. But would it be a better one? In the end aren't you still basically just trading one shot chucking wing player and an undersized guard who needs to dominate the ball for a different shot chucking wing player and undersized guard to needs to dominate the ball. (Although in Barea's case we can substitute "needs to" with "gets to"...) I just don't think the Mavs would be getting all that much bang for the buck when compared to what a true low post scorer could bring.

Just my $0.02........
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trade diarrhea