Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 09-01-2008, 04:35 PM   #121
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

****Bump****

So far we've got me, Alby, and the venerable Mr. Chumdawg registered in the ESPN keeper league, and I know a couple of posters that I talked to earlier expressed interest in joining (before I started it), so I wouldn't be surprised if the remaining spots in the ten team league fill up fast. Again, if any folks reading this are interested in participating, please PM me with your email expeditiously and I'll be sure to send you an invite forthwith...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 09-01-2008 at 04:36 PM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2008, 05:04 PM   #122
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Warning: In this league you better bring the wood, and bring it good!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 05:15 PM   #123
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Warning: In this league you better bring the wood, and bring it good!

That kind of talk is the stuff that great new ESPN fantasy avatar's are made of, CD ...
Old 09-01-2008, 05:28 PM   #124
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

MAN, I wish that was my avatar!!
Old 09-01-2008, 06:00 PM   #125
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

****Bump****

And now Silk Smoov joins the show... Six spots left in the ESPN keeper league, so please PM me with your email if you want to participate so I can send you an invite...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 09-01-2008 at 06:00 PM.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:51 PM   #126
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

****Bump****

And now ShaggyDirk and Jthig are in the league... We've got four spots left (although we can add two to bring the total league number up to 12 if we have to), so please PM me with your email if you are interested in participating in a keeper league that should be very competitive and that could well last for an awfully long time to come...
Old 09-01-2008, 08:04 PM   #127
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

So what is the distincation of 2008 keepers and 2009 keepers? Are we keeping less players after next season?

We need some more dm regulars. Whare are Sike and U2? Flac?

Random note: 8 of 10 teams making the playoffs seems odd.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 09-01-2008 at 08:08 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 08:16 PM   #128
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
So what is the distincation of 2008 keepers and 2009 keepers? Are we keeping less players after next season?

We need some more dm regulars. Whare are Sike and U2? Flac?
After reading the rules, I was still a bit confounded by the whole 08 and 09 keepers question, so I ended up enabling both options when I started the league. My intention is to allow every team to protect three players that they draft this year for the next season (and that teams should be able to keep three every year)- a distinction that must be made by July 2 of next year- and if there are any complications brought about by my relative unfamiliarity with the ESPN format and rules, I will endeavor to ameliorate them as soon as they become evident...

Also, I do think that this is a league that the stalwarts will want to be a part of, so hopefully we hear from more of them soon. I'll bump the number of league managers to 12 if we have enough folks who want to participate, but after that this will be an awfully closed league that might well last and stay hard to get into for a long, long time to come...

Again, as of right now, we've got six spots of this ten team keeper league filled (and we can go to 12), but there are two other managers who I'd anticipate will be registered real darned soon, and I am holding a reserved spot in this league for BG who on another thread, earlier expressed a desire to participate in the league, so if anyone reading this is interested in participating (U2, Sike, Flaco, Nashty, etc... ), please PM me with an email so I can send you an invite...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 09-01-2008 at 10:12 PM.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:27 PM   #129
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I took a look at the rules. I think the 2008 settings means that you could go in right now and assign us all three players. That way if we were converting from some other league (or a manual league) we could get it all setup and you could give us those players.

So the 2008 setting is insignifiant to us, but you need to change the 2009 setting to three, but I imagine you can do that anytime.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 09-01-2008, 08:32 PM   #130
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
I took a look at the rules. I think the 2008 settings means that you could go in right now and assign us all three players. That way if we were converting from some other league (or a manual league) we could get it all setup and you could give us those players.

So the 2008 setting is insignifiant to us, but you need to change the 2009 setting to three, but I imagine you can do that anytime.
I just changed it, and thanks for your input, Jthig. I was a bit rushed when I started this fella earlier in the afternoon, so I left a few rough edges on the settings that hopefully are now close to being fully addressed...
Old 09-01-2008, 08:34 PM   #131
chumdawg
Guru

Fearless prediction: Next year I will be keeping Rashard Mendenhall. And MAYBE Robert Meacham.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:36 PM   #132
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Is it too late for me to join?
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 08:55 PM   #133
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Is it too late for me to join?
Nope, just send me a PM with your email...
Old 09-01-2008, 08:55 PM   #134
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Fearless prediction: Next year I will be keeping Rashard Mendenhall. And MAYBE Robert Meacham.
I'm taking Mendenhall, sorry buddy!

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 09:00 PM   #135
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

What is a keeper league?
Old 09-01-2008, 09:01 PM   #136
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
What is a keeper league?
You keep the same team owners every season (or as many as possible) and you keep three players from your roster each season and carry them to the next season. So when you draft you have to balance winning that season with possibly picking up a young future star that you can keep on your team forever.

Hurry up and join.

Just think, you can take Romo with your first pick and have him forever and ever and ever!

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 09-01-2008 at 09:02 PM.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:37 PM   #137
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
I'm taking Mendenhall, sorry buddy!
You'll have to take him in the second round...buddy!
Old 09-01-2008, 09:41 PM   #138
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Hate to be the n00b but this is the first time I've ever done Fantasy Football. Can you give me a heads up on what to do? I know Saturday we'll be picking our draft picks but I didnt know there's a format like you said (2 qbs, x amount of rbs, wrs etc..) and also what do I do afterwards? lol sorry again for the n00bish questions.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 09:44 PM   #139
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

And now MavsWillHaveRings has joined the league...

I just upped the teams to 12, but I'm not going any higher, so there are currently five spots left in the league. Again, if anyone reading this is interested in participating in this keeper league, send me a PM with your email and I'll be sure to reply and send you an invite expeditiously...
Old 09-01-2008, 10:02 PM   #140
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

And now Flaco happily joins the league... Three spots left, folks. Perhaps four, if BG (who has a reserved spot because he earlier expressed an interest in participating) decides not to participate...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 09-01-2008 at 10:10 PM.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:19 PM   #141
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

it's time for the spy plane to join!
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 10:27 PM   #142
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyDirk
it's time for the spy plane to join!
Yes, that's darned right. As a matter of fact, I'm reserving a spot for the spy plane right here and now, until the spy plane tells me whether or not it wants to participate ... The active spots open for registration in this league are now two...

Holding Pattern

Last edited by Evilmav2; 09-01-2008 at 10:35 PM.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:10 AM   #143
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You'll have to take him in the second round...buddy!
at worst, he'll be a late first rounder!

Contact Me
Old 09-02-2008, 10:22 AM   #144
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilmav2
Yes, that's darned right. As a matter of fact, I'm reserving a spot for the spy plane right here and now, until the spy plane tells me whether or not it wants to participate ... The active spots open for registration in this league are now two...

Holding Pattern
Hey! Is there a way for us to move up the Draft to sometime on Thursday before the 1st NFL game of the season?
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 10:46 AM   #145
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov
Hey! Is there a way for us to move up the Draft to sometime on Thursday before the 1st NFL game of the season?
If no managers object, and if we can get the last couple of spots filled, I'd be more than happy to change the draft time to any time that folks can agree to either Weds. afternoon/evening or early Thurs. afternoon before the NYG/WAS game...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 09-02-2008 at 10:47 AM.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:03 AM   #146
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Why is U2 ignoring us? Someone pin that dude down.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 09-02-2008, 11:15 AM   #147
alby
Guru

I would love a late Wed or early Thurs draft to get all the games in.

Contact Me
Old 09-02-2008, 11:28 AM   #148
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

evilmav...pm'd.

Also..I can draft anytime after 6pm on weekdays (after work)...if there are still spots available.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:48 AM   #149
alby
Guru

Let's set it for Wednesday 5pm pacific time?

Contact Me
Old 09-02-2008, 11:59 AM   #150
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I would prefer it to be thursday or late wednesday (work til 6 CST)...btw I sent you your PM! haha

Sorry for the delay guys, I got strep.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 09-02-2008 at 12:00 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 12:28 PM   #151
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

*****Update*****

All spots will be filled once Nikeball and Sike send me their emails so they can get invites, and once BG and U2 register for the league...

Also, the only possible draft times before the Thurs. night game are going to be on Tues. at half hour increments between the time period of 10 AM-3 PM, and at also at 11 PM; and on Weds. times are available between 7 AM and 3 PM, and also at 11 PM; and on Thurs. between 7 AM and 3 PM... So if folks feel like doing a morning or early afternoon draft, I can definitely change the time, but for the time being I'm going to hold onto that Saturday time (which means we might miss this first week of scoring)...
Old 09-02-2008, 12:32 PM   #152
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilmav2
*****Update*****

All spots will be filled once Nikeball and Sike send me their emails so they can get invites, and once BG and U2 register for the league...

Also, the only possible draft times before the Thurs. night game are going to be on Tues. at half hour increments between the time period of 10 AM-3 PM, and at also at 11 PM; and on Weds. times are available between 7 AM and 3 PM, and also at 11 PM; and on Thurs. between 7 AM and 3 PM... So if folks feel like doing a morning or early afternoon draft, I can definitely change the time, but for the time being I'm going to hold onto that Saturday time (which means we might miss this first week of scoring)...
can do this afternoon before 6pm...or at 11pm

can't do wed from 7am-2pm could do 3pm could do 11pm

can't do thurs from 7am-1pm could do 2-3pm. could do late thursday evening

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 12:36 PM   #153
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Saturday is best for me. when I get home from work, I like to spend time with family.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 12:38 PM   #154
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Alrighty, assuming the last couple of teams register, the final roster of league managers stand as follows:

Chumdawg
Alby
Silk Smoov
JThig32
ShaggyDirk
FlacoLaco
MavsWillHaveRings
U2
Sike
BG
Nikeball
Evilmav2
Old 09-02-2008, 12:41 PM   #155
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyDirk
Saturday is best for me. when I get home from work, I like to spend time with family.
No problem, I knew the draft times would be a bit troublesome when I started this fella yesterday, so unless a strong majority of managers come out and assert that they want to hold the draft sometime during the next two early workday afternoons, I'd say the convenient Sat. time will probably be the one that stands, even if it messes up our week one scoring...
Old 09-02-2008, 12:45 PM   #156
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I am in. Late night draft times work best for me..... but I don't want to be a show stopper for it. Saturday afternoon as it is now is a good time*.

*probably
Old 09-02-2008, 12:45 PM   #157
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I could do the late on today 11
Can't do tomorrow with those times
I can do any time on Thursday
I can do any time on Saturday

What did you decide the day was going to be? Any negatives to that Saturday idea yet? I haven't registered because if it's decided to be on Wednesday then I'll back out so you can find someone who can do that time.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 09-02-2008 at 12:46 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 12:46 PM   #158
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Sat is best for me as well...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 09-02-2008, 12:49 PM   #159
alby
Guru

I'm free all Tue and all Thurs, but I guess we're going to end up with a Saturday draft... which is totally fine with me.

Contact Me
Old 09-02-2008, 12:54 PM   #160
sike
The Preacha

Don't give alby anything to cry about...

Tags
6 points per fluff, fantasy, fantasy fluff, your mom is my fantasy