Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 02-10-2006, 08:22 PM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool No trades....shut this down...

The Mavericks do not need to make a trade period. I don't care if it was Rawle Marshall for Kevin Garnett. THE MAVS DO NOT NEED TO TRADE. This is a championship quality team and screwing up the team dynamic at this point would be foolish.

This forum should come to a screeching halt due to common sense.

So there you have....the road to the championship was completed with the Griffin signing. Stand pat boys.....you already have the best team in the NBA.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2006, 08:26 PM   #2
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

I second that. Looking for trades now would be like shopping around for a new girlfriend when you're dating Adriana Lima.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:52 PM   #3
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c
I second that. Looking for trades now would be like shopping around for a new girlfriend when you're dating Adriana Lima.
But hey, Jessica Alba just became available!

Seriously, I agree!
Old 02-10-2006, 10:39 PM   #4
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 08:18 AM   #5
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

No reason to shut it down. No reason to make a trade either.

I still like thinking about what makes them tick, what would make them a better team, and what others think about it though; so keep it up, even if they don't and shouldn't make a trade.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 12:44 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

If you believe that there is no reason to make a trade (which I think the majority of us do including yourself apparently) then there would be no need to propose silly trades....the unfortunate trademark of this forum. I wasn't professing a motion to actually shut down the forum dalm, but I was saying in my wierd little way that all of these ridiculous trade proposals should stop. There is no need to tinker with the Mavs and I know I feel this way because it remains true even after the Denver loss. This is a championship caliber team and there is no need to gum up the works at this point imho.

Last edited by Drbio; 02-11-2006 at 12:44 PM.
Old 02-11-2006, 01:18 PM   #7
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
If you believe that there is no reason to make a trade (which I think the majority of us do including yourself apparently) then there would be no need to propose silly trades....the unfortunate trademark of this forum. I wasn't professing a motion to actually shut down the forum dalm, but I was saying in my wierd little way that all of these ridiculous trade proposals should stop. There is no need to tinker with the Mavs and I know I feel this way because it remains true even after the Denver loss. This is a championship caliber team and there is no need to gum up the works at this point imho.
agreed, I'll try not to post here (trade section) again till after the trade deadline. LOL
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 02:02 PM   #8
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

There still might be a minor mavs trade. The Spurs traded Malik Rose for Nazr Mohammed last year. Vanhorn still might be traded?

Last edited by jayC; 02-11-2006 at 02:04 PM.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 02:30 PM   #9
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

I respect your opinion, Doc, but I would be cautious not to get too cocky about this Mavs team. We are a championship caliber team but I believe there is still room to improve. Personally, I love KVB but I would like to see us acquire a more defensive minded player to spell Dirk. I agree with you in the sense that there is no need to make trades just to tinker, however.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 03:25 PM   #10
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I think we are short one big man. I can't imagine Diop being very successful in the playoffs - he won't get any calls at all. And Damp was foul plagued last year so there is no reason to assume that this year would be different. DJ is not going to be a factor this offseason so depending on him is illogical.

So if we don't get a veteran big man for the playoff run then I have REAL fears that we will be forced to use a KVH/Dirk lineup for long stretches. While those two might be good on offense, they would suck horribly on defense.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 03:55 PM   #11
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

I don't know how good of a move this would be bu I read earlier that Houston is looking to trade DA for someone younger to put beside Tracy.

This trade works:

Dallas gives: Marquis Daniels
Houston gives: Stromile Swift and Derek Anderson.

We get another big man that is athletic and could probably match up with guys like Kenyon Martin, Marion, Stoudamire, and Duncan better than anyone we have now. We also get a veteran in Anderson who can hit the occasional three and is decent on the defensive end.

Houston gets a multi-positional talent who can play on the arc with T-Mac and most of all...some athletic young legs they can depend on.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

Old 02-11-2006, 06:18 PM   #12
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want to see the Mavericks not make a trade just for the sake of not making a trade. Know what I mean?

As Donnie says, it's an upgrade business. If there's a move that makes the team better, I don't want to see that move nixed in the name of chemistry. Chemistry is important, but it also may not be as fragile as you might think.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 07:27 PM   #13
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Ummm generally speaking i dont really see the need for a trade but IF Garnett for Marshall was offered and IF the cba was suspended to allow such a trade i would think about it. And by think about it i mean i would throw in keith and quis to make the salaries work even if the cba wasnt suspended.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 01:01 AM   #14
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing this season.. I like the roster. However, I would like to see an upgrade at the 2 in the offseason.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 10:49 AM   #15
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Feb 23rd can't come fast enough
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 03:30 PM   #16
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL
Feb 23rd can't come fast enough

amen.
Old 02-12-2006, 03:58 PM   #17
atrewsfan
Banned

atrewsfan will become famous soon enoughatrewsfan will become famous soon enough

This isn't a trade but why not waive Josh Powell and sign PF Marcus Fizer who's doing pretty well in the NBDL? We could use some USEFUL depth at PF just in case something happens to Dirk or KVH over the stretch run, and I'd rather have a 3rd PF who has some NBA experience and scoring ability than one who is an unproven rookie.

FA's Jerome Williams (a solid rebounder and energy guy), Keon Clark, or Christian Laettner might be able to provide a useful 1-10 min. a game at PF, while Tony Massenburg, Elden Campbell, Corey Blount, or Andrew DeClerq might be able to do so at C, naturally provided they're in reasonable shape. I mean, I like M'Benga and all, but it just seems to me we could use a vet depth guy that could contribute in small stretches at PF/C like we had in Alan Henderson last year. I'd say the more expendable bodies we can throw at Amare and Tim, the better...

Last edited by atrewsfan; 02-12-2006 at 04:10 PM.
atrewsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 04:09 PM   #18
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

If something happens to dirk its over so we may as well just plan on him not getting hurt.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 01:38 AM   #19
sp3nc3r13

sp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson
Nothing this season.. I like the roster. However, I would like to see an upgrade at the 2 in the offseason.
i don't believe we need an upgrade at the 2 position at all...stack, quis, and JT are all very solid 2's....
Old 02-15-2006, 01:55 AM   #20
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp3nc3r13
i don't believe we need an upgrade at the 2 position at all...stack, quis, and JT are all very solid 2's....
I wouldn't mind bringing in JJ Reddick. Unfortunately though I think his stock value will be way too high to grab or trade for him at a reasonable price.