Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 03-05-2006, 03:41 AM   #81
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Look's like Redick is rounding into March form to me.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2006, 10:47 AM   #82
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

based on what i've seen of redick this year, he has below average NBA speed and he has the makings of being a volume shooter. if i were an NBA gm, i'd probably pass on the guy.

when i look at redick, i see a less talented steve alford. that's not a good thing.

Last edited by aexchange; 03-05-2006 at 10:49 AM.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 01:59 PM   #83
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

He's selected to the USA Basketball Team http://www.usabasketball.com/seniorm...c_players.html
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 02:43 PM   #84
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still not 100% sure on all of these Steve Kerr comparisons. Steve Kerr shot about 55% from the field during his career at Arizona. JJ has shot a sizzling 44% during his career at dook. Also, Steve Kerr shot 57% from 3 during the only year the 3 point line existed in his college career. JJ's best percentage - 41.8%. Like aex said, I think JJ is more volume shooter than sharpshooter.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 03-05-2006, 03:13 PM   #85
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

Morrison is on the team too. might be pretty cool to watch them two on the same team.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:09 AM   #86
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Blue
2) He doesn't know when to quit jacking up shots.
JJ has indeed stunk it up the last few games, but you never tell your best scorer/shooter to stop shooting. He didn't force many shots in the UNC game, he just missed them.

as for the USA basketball thing, morrison and redick were invited to try out. they're not on the team yet. still an honor, though.

edited to add: they are on the roster now.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 03-07-2006 at 11:16 AM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 03:24 PM   #87
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Anyone watch the Duke vs. Boston College game and still think Redick isn't clutch??

Talk about coming up HUGE when it counted most. The guy definitely has the ability to turn it up a notch when everything is on the line.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 02:35 AM   #88
FINtastic
Diamond Member

So did you watch his "clutch" Senior Day performance? I did, and I still don't think he's very "clutch." Of course, I think the word "clutch" might be the most overused term in basketball. The guy jacks up an absurd number of shots a game so of course he's going to have times where he gets hot and the shots fall. JJ will also shoot his team out of games (like he did on Senior Day). The problem is that when his shot isn't falling, he doesn't really have any other facet of his game to fall back so he just continues jacking up 3s so it starts to snowball.

He has a chance to change my mind if he plays well in the tournament for once in his life. "Clutch" players don't shoot 26% in the tournament (like JJ did last year in the 3 tournament games he played).

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 03-13-2006, 07:45 AM   #89
Carolina Blue

Carolina Blue is on a distinguished road

LMAO...he finally has a decent game and all of a sudden he's back to "clutch" status. Playing well in Greensboro is nice, but how about actually showing up against your most hated rival, on Senior Day, in the final home game of your college career? The one game that just happened to be on all 1,568 ESPN networks...

I mean come on, even the biggest Redick fan know that MISSING 15 OF YOUR LAST 16 SHOTS in a game of that magnitude pretty much eliminates any possibility of you ever being considered "clutch." Maybe lucky every now and then, but definitely not clutch.
Carolina Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 04:24 PM   #90
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Sorry but I don't think being shut down defensively has anything to do with being clutch. When you're being double-teamed all game making shots can be pretty tough. I think we can also relate to that with Dirk in last year's playoffs and against our last game vs. San Antonio. Does the fact that he had a bad game or a bad shooting stretch make him any less "clutch" in crunch time? I think not. When it comes down to it you know who you want to take that last shot. The same goes for Redick.

All I'm saying is that Redick definitely has the "ability" to be clutch in crunch time. To refute this on the basis of a bad shooting stretch would be absurd.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

Old 03-13-2006, 10:31 PM   #91
Carolina Blue

Quote:
Sorry but I don't think being shut down defensively has anything to do with being clutch.
Who shut him down? Wes Miller??? Are you kidding me???

Did you watch the game? JJ was getting his usually 2-3 screens and taking wide open shots. He just choked like usual. It's nothing new if you've actually followed his 4 years. I don't even think Duke fans were all that surprised.

And besides, clutch players don't get shut down. They always make "they play." That's why they're clutch. That's what differentates a guy like Robert Horry from KVH. KVH hit a couple of big-time buzzer beaters back in college but would you really consider him clutch now?

Quote:
When you're being double-teamed all game making shots can be pretty tough.
MJ didn't seem to have a problem with it. Neither did Reggie Miller or Bird or Magic...I'm fairly certain they were double-teamed at certain points and for some reason that never stopped them from making "clutch" plays.

Quote:
I think we can also relate to that with Dirk in last year's playoffs and against our last game vs. San Antonio. Does the fact that he had a bad game or a bad shooting stretch make him any less "clutch" in crunch time? I think not.
Dirk isn't clutch. The fact that you believe he is makes me realize that this whole argument is just a waste of time. But I'm bored so I'll continue.

Quote:
When it comes down to it you know who you want to take that last shot.
Yeah, if I'm a Duke fan it better be Demarcus Nelson or Sean Dockery. As a Mavs fan, it better be Jason Terry. As a UNC fan, I hope Redick has the ball. That entire game I wanted Redick to keep jacking up shots - it means less easy opportunities for Sheldon Williams and Josh McRoberts.

Quote:
All I'm saying is that Redick definitely has the "ability" to be clutch in crunch time.
And UNC has the ability to win another NCAA championship. But like Redick, it doesn't matter if they don't deliver.
Carolina Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 11:23 AM   #92
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Quote:
And besides, clutch players don't get shut down.
Heh, I suppose we have a different idea of what it means to be clutch. I've seen many clutch players have trouble throughout the entire game but deliver when everything is on the line in the final seconds. "Clutch" doesn't mean infinitely indesctructable or all-conquering! It means to have the ability to successfully come through when it matters most.

Quote:
MJ didn't seem to have a problem with it. Neither did Reggie Miller or Bird or Magic...I'm fairly certain they were double-teamed at certain points and for some reason that never stopped them from making "clutch" plays.
Keep in mind that you are also talking about the greatest players to ever play the game of basketball! Never did I say Redick was a great player. Rather, he is a phenomenal shooter who has trouble creating his own shots, unlike the hall-of-fame superstars you mentioned. But when he does have a decent look, I want Redick taking the final game winning shot every time.

Quote:
Dirk isn't clutch. The fact that you believe he is makes me realize that this whole argument is just a waste of time. But I'm bored so I'll continue.
If you don't think Dirk is clutch then you are 100% correct about this argument being a waste of time. You can't run until you learn to walk.

Old 03-14-2006, 11:30 AM   #93
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

you know, I don't watch Duke b-ball except mabey if I am bored on a saturday afternoon or whatever, but I really hate JJ Reddick. From what I have seen, he is the biggest jerk. now there is a difference between hitting a 3 and getting pumped because of it and mabey pumping your fist or something like that, but everytime you hit a 3 and run down the court with your hands in the air in the shape of a V, everytime, that is a bit much and makes you look like an ass. I could really care less about him being clutch or whatever. He is going to get a big shock when he comes to the NBA and he isn't some huge star like he is in college.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:45 AM   #94
Carolina Blue

Quote:
Heh, I suppose we have a different idea of what it means to be clutch. I've seen many clutch players have trouble throughout the entire game but deliver when everything is on the line in the final seconds. "Clutch" doesn't mean infinitely indesctructable or all-conquering! It means to have the ability to successfully come through when it matters most.
I meant at the end of games. I didn't mean unstoppable. I figured since we were talking about being "clutch" that this would be somewhat obvious. So let me clarify, "Clutch players don't get shut down AT THE END OF GAMES," i.e. miss 15 of their last 16 shots.

Quote:
Never did I say Redick was a great player. Rather, he is a phenomenal shooter who has trouble creating his own shots, unlike the hall-of-fame superstars you mentioned. But when he does have a decent look, I want Redick taking the final game winning shot every time.
So basically Redick is clutch when he's wide open. So are 99% of all pure shooters I've ever seen.

Quote:
You can't run until you learn to walk.
And you can't walk until you learn to crawl.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:46 AM   #95
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Adam Morrison probably celebrates just as much but with even more intensity. That doesn't keep me from liking the guy as a player. But I suppose I can understand where you're coming from (Jon Barry flashbacks).

Old 03-14-2006, 11:46 AM   #96
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

and you can't crawl until you learn to sit up.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:48 AM   #97
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

I think it is more of a taunting the crowd type of thing. JJ no doubt taunts the crowd when he celebrates. I don't mind intensity at all like Terry. He is intense and celebrates when he hits a clutch 3, but I don't really see him as taunting the crowd. I don't know much about Morrison celebrating. Don't get alot of his games.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:55 AM   #98
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Quote:
So basically Redick is clutch when he's wide open.
Getting a decent look doesn't mean you have to be wide open. Kyle Korver is one of the best pure shooters in the league but the guy is nowhere near clutch status. Even when he has a half-way decent look.

Quote:
And you can't walk until you learn to crawl.
And you cant crawl until you are first born. Oh, oh, and you can't be born until you are first conceived. Etc, etc,...

This is getting rediculous. We'll just have to agree to disagree,

Old 03-14-2006, 12:02 PM   #99
Carolina Blue

Redick celebrates like he didn't expect to make the shot. As if whatever he just did was some sort of miracle from God. But like Dirkenstien said, Morrison is guilty of it too (probably not to the same extent, but that's subjective). The difference between when Morrison or JET does it compared to Redick or Jon Barry is that in general most people consider the former to be great players. Just like MJ could probably get away with doing whatever excessive celebration he wanted and no would say anything because you can't rip Jordan.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:19 PM   #100
Carolina Blue

Quote:
Getting a decent look doesn't mean you have to be wide open. Kyle Korver is one of the best pure shooters in the league but the guy is nowhere near clutch status. Even when he has a half-way decent look.
That comparison is flawed. If you think Redick is clutch, it's only based on his college career since he hasn't played a pro game. Kyle Korver hit a ton of big shots for Creighton - in 2003 he pretty much carried them through the MVC tourney just like Gerry McNamera did for Syracuse this year. That's the performance that got him drafted. Juan Dixon hit a ton of clutch shots for Maryland but he's not considered clutch now. As I pointed out earlier KVH did the same thing for Utah.

So what makes you think that Redick will be any different when he gets "decent" or "half-way decent" looks in the NBA? It wasn't the same for those other guys when they made the adjustment to the pros. Assuming Redick will be any different is purely speculative.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:59 PM   #101
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

if i was playing against redick or morrison, i'd hate them. but i'm actually fans of the guys.

redick's reactions are definitely toward the crowd. I agree with that. morrison's reactions are just scatter-brained. i'm not sure what he's doing...

as far as redick being a good player... the guy is the all-time leading scorer in the ACC. you can't just ignore that. the guy can play. Will he be a great pro? of course not. but like i said before, i see a solid 10-12 year career.

i think korver has the ability to hit clutch open shots in the pros (he's definitely done so against the mavs). but how often does he get to take clutch shots? That's AI's time.
Old 03-14-2006, 01:01 PM   #102
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Well I certaintly cannot predict how Redick will do once in the pros although I do believe he will struggle a little in his first year if not his first couple of years in the NBA. But, from what I've seen of him playing with Duke there is no doubt in my mind that the kid can step it up a notch in clutch moments. Now whether he'll be able to do it in the pros, I don't know. But it should be fun to watch.

Old 03-14-2006, 01:04 PM   #103
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
morrison's reactions are just scatter-brained. i'm not sure what he's doing...
heh, yeah the guy is all around just really fun to watch. It's hard not to like a guy who plays with as much passion as he does.

Old 03-14-2006, 01:05 PM   #104
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

He'll be a spot up jump shooter like the Barrys or Kyle Korver or something like that. Mabey a starter or 6th man. I am sure he will be good, but certainly no superstar.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:27 PM   #105
TXSportsFan4

TXSportsFan4 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixeightmkw
He'll be a spot up jump shooter like the Barrys or Kyle Korver or something like that. Mabey a starter or 6th man. I am sure he will be good, but certainly no superstar.
I think he will have a decent career but yeah not definitly not a superstar. I would definitly like to see him in the 3 point contest though

And for the record its Redick. Title says Reddick
Old 03-23-2006, 10:16 PM   #106
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

I was thinking about this, J.J. really reminds me of another undersized shooting guard who was a great shooter and go-to-guy in college but didn't do all that well in the NBA - Dan Dickau.

Look at Dickau's last 2 years in college v. Redick's:

Dickau
MIN FG% 3P% FT% RPG APG TPG BPG SPG PPG
00-01 33.7 48.5 48.0 86.6 3.3 6.3 3.7 0.1 0.8 18.9
01-02 34.7 44.1 45.7 86.4 3.0 4.7 2.9 0.1 0.8 21.0

SEASON MIN PTS REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF FG% FT% 3P% PPS
04-05 37.3 21.8 3.3 2.6 2.5 1.05 1.1 .1 1.1 .408 .938 .403 1.46
05-06 37.1 27.2 2.0 2.7 2.5 1.09 1.4 .1 1.5 .478 .862 .424 1.52

Dickau got fewer shots than Redick so his PPG is a bit lower...but he shoots pretty much the same % (better 3p%).

Dickau was a scrub up until the time he joined the Hornets (he even had a brief stop-over in Dallas) - for a little while he was the main offensive option for the Hornets and was actually pretty good (13.2 ppg, 5.2 apg, 2.7 rbg, 1.13 spg). Now he's a scrub again for Boston. Redick may fare better but I think it's a close comparison.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 11:10 PM   #107
Carolina Blue

3 for 18...what a fitting way to end his career...
Old 03-23-2006, 11:43 PM   #108
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 11:59 PM   #109
Carolina Blue

In four years of flameouts in the NCAA Tournament, JJ Redick never made more than 4 FGs in an elimination game. Meaning in the biggest of games, on the biggest of stages, when his team needed him the most, he disappeared. He threw up brick after brick, he cried for fouls, and then he pouted for the camera.

2-16 against Kansas in 2003
4-12 against UCONN in 2004
4-14 against Michigan St. in 2005
3-18 against LSU in 2006

His overall FG% in those games was 21.7%. (13-60)

That is putrid, especially for "the greatest shooter ever."

As a UNC fan, I'm gonna miss not having him there to guarantee the customary Duke tourney meltdown.
Old 03-24-2006, 12:03 AM   #110
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
3 for 18...what a fitting way to end his career...

May he spend his NBA career sparing everyone to death.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 03-24-2006 at 12:17 AM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 12:14 AM   #111
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Another flameout for the "very clutch" JJ Redick. It was funny reading the article about him earlier today acting like his previous horrible shooting performances in the Sweet Sixteen were just flukes. Then he comes out and follows it without another horrible performance. Great end to his college career.

Somewhere out there, Mike Patrick is crying...

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 03-24-2006, 12:19 AM   #112
FINtastic
Diamond Member

People who are more clutch than JJ Redick:

http://mb21.scout.com/fmaryland43696...tart=1&stop=20

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 03-24-2006, 01:57 AM   #113
FINtastic
Diamond Member

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...ic.php?t=75165

Quote:
Several weeks ago, after North Carolina handily beat Duke at Cameron Indoor, I asked an entire national radio audience for Redick's defining moment as a college basketball player. I said I couldn't think of one. One listener's suggestion was when Redick broke the all-time Duke scoring mark. Another said, "How about the all-time ACC scoring mark?" "Fine and dandy," I said! What about doing it when it counts? How about a huge performance in the NCAA Tournament?

They said, "Just wait -- you'll see. You have it all wrong. J.J. is the man." I thought, "Boy, I'd better not be wrong." It turns out that I had nothing to worry about. Redick, along with Duke, was baffled by Tyrus Thomas on a recovering ankle and Garrett Temple. And even though LSU did everything they could to give the game to Duke on a silver platter, J.J. and company still had no answer.
Quote:
I know this will ruffle some feathers, but I can't remember a player who was more overhyped and did mostly nothing when the brightest lights were on. Makes you think that Duke and Redick were a perfect marriage for each other, because Duke has failed miserably, hand in hand with Redick, the last couple of years.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 03-24-2006, 01:58 AM   #114
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Haha...

Okay, so for those who are keeping track, FINtastic is not a Redick fan.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 02:14 AM   #115
FINtastic
Diamond Member

You got that from my posts?

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 03-24-2006 at 02:20 AM.
Old 03-24-2006, 06:48 PM   #116
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

hey, he sucked. he definitely did. very frustrating to watch. Williams sucked, too. Duke sucked overall. They acted like they'd never played against an athletic team before.

As for JJ, I guess he'll have a decent career in the NBA regular season.
Old 03-24-2006, 07:23 PM   #117
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
hey, he sucked. he definitely did. very frustrating to watch. Williams sucked, too. Duke sucked overall. They acted like they'd never played against an athletic team before.

As for JJ, I guess he'll have a decent career in the NBA regular season.
word. and I'll watch every stinkin' game of his that I can. I'm a fan of his no matter what others may think of him. he appears to me to be a down-to-earth guy until he hits the court where he becomes a fierce competitor.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 11:02 PM   #118
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

yeah i agree, i think hes a little small to excel in the nba.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 10:23 AM   #119
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

All I gotta say is some guy from LSU "SHUT HIM DOWN".
Old 03-27-2006, 10:52 AM   #120
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by raefformvp
word. and I'll watch every stinkin' game of his that I can. I'm a fan of his no matter what others may think of him. he appears to me to be a down-to-earth guy until he hits the court where he becomes a fierce competitor.
Down-to-earth?

He wrote poems and read them on SportsCenter.

No... I repeat... no "down-to-earth" guy reads his own poems on SportsCenter. Period.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote