6-11 C from Iowa State
7.0 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 0.7 apg in 24.6 minutes
Brevin Knight
5-10 PG from Stanford
10.1 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 8.9 apg in 29.4 minutes
Bernard Robinson
6-6 SG from Michigan
3.0 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 1.0 apg in 10.6 minutes
Change in team outlook: +7.3 ppg, +4.9 rpg, and +8.9 apg.

Utah Trade Breakdown

Outgoing
Carlos Boozer
6-9 PF from Duke
17.8 ppg, 9.0 rpg, 2.8 apg in 34.8 minutes
Mehmet Okur
6-11 C from Turkey (Foreign)
12.8 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 2.0 apg in 28.1 minutes
Greg Ostertag
7-2 C from Kansas
1.6 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 0.7 apg in 9.9 minutes

Incoming
Keith Van Horn
6-10 SF from Utah
12.2 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 1.2 apg in 23.6 minutes
Erick Dampier
6-11 C from Mississippi State
9.2 ppg, 8.5 rpg, 0.9 apg in 27.3 minutes
Change in team outlook: -10.8 ppg, -6.5 rpg, and -3.4 apg.

Orlando Trade Breakdown

Outgoing
Kelvin Cato
6-11 C from Iowa State
7.0 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 0.7 apg in 24.6 minutes
Keyon Dooling
6-3 PG from Missouri
5.2 ppg, 1.2 rpg, 1.8 apg in 16.0 minutes

Incoming
Carlos Boozer
6-9 PF from Duke
17.8 ppg, 9.0 rpg, 2.8 apg in 34.8 minutes
Change in team outlook: +5.6 ppg, +1.1 rpg, and +0.3 apg.
Charlotte Trade Breakdown

Outgoing
Brevin Knight
5-10 PG from Stanford
10.1 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 8.9 apg in 29.4 minutes
Bernard Robinson
6-6 SG from Michigan
3.0 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 1.0 apg in 10.6 minutes

Incoming
DeSagana Diop
7-0 C from Oak Hill Academy HS (VA)
1.0 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 0.4 apg in 7.8 minutes
Erick Strickland
6-3 PG from Nebraska
4.8 ppg, 1.7 rpg, 1.9 apg in 16.4 minutes
Keyon Dooling
6-3 PG from Missouri
5.2 ppg, 1.2 rpg, 1.8 apg in 16.0 minutes
Change in team outlook: -2.1 ppg, +0.5 rpg, and -5.8 apg.
jopimokeeluvimanysl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2005, 05:55 PM   #2
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:GARGANTIC TRADE

no
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 06:12 PM   #3
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Im not real sure that any team does that trade. Utah would prolly be the only one that would.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 06:15 PM   #4
Dalhoop

Dalhoop has a spectacular aura aboutDalhoop has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: GARGANTIC TRADE

We lose

Dampier and Diop at Center
KVH a Forward
Strickland a Guard

and Gain

Okur, Ostertag and Cato at Center
Knight and Robinson at Guards

PG - Terry, Knight, Harris
SG - Christie, Danials, Robinson
SF - Howard, Stackhouse
PF - Dirk, DJ
C - Oker, Ostertag, Cato, P-Pod

That is very weak at back-up PF
Harris would not get the minutes to develop, same goes for Danials.
The above team looses games without Dirk. The team right now can win without Dirk, though not against the big teams.
Dalhoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 10:54 PM   #5
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

I think your trade SUCKS!
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 12:42 PM   #6
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

sigh...this is why I rarely come to this section....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 10:44 PM   #7
jopimokeeluvimanysl

jopimokeeluvimanysl is on a distinguished road

tHE MAVS ARE SMART. jUST WHATE UNTIL YOU SEE THIS TRADE COME TRUE. aND THE MAVS AINT' DUN TRADING YET. jUST WATCH THEM TRADE KNIGHT, DANIELS, AND A SECOND ROUNDER FOR JAMES, PETERSON, AND ARAUJO. tHE MAVS ARE SMART. YOU CAN BET ON THAT!

1. JET, HARIS, JAMES
2. PETERSON, CHRISTIE, ROBINSON
3. HOWARD, STACKHOUSE
4. NOWTZKI, [OKUR]
5. CATO, [OKUR], OSTERTAG
jopimokeeluvimanysl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 12:12 AM   #8
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

I don't care for your trade, but I do find you to be very polished with the caps lock.

WELL DONE sIR

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 01:48 AM   #9
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

i vote to ban this section altogether.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 03:03 AM   #10
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

i DO COMMEND THE AWESUME COINING OF THE WERD ["GARGANTIC"]
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 06:51 AM   #11
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I just ripped a gargantic fart
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 06:15 PM   #12
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Ape, you're a goddamn moron if you think the Lakers are gonna finish ahead of us.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:26 PM   #13
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

I thought we had already established that.
Old 10-08-2005, 02:28 AM   #14
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

well while this thread is in freefall, I love the poster that brought up Ape's prediction from last year of 42-40. He was only off by 16 games. a 42-40 record would also put us at 10th place in the West-- far into the lottery and 6 spots off in the conference. *sigh*

The really ironic part is that his 46-36 prediction for this year is actually BETTER than his prediction for last year even though, as Ape has moaned, this team is worse off this year than last (and the sky is falling!). We lost Finley and--gasp--Bradley. G-ddamnit, this team really will be terrible. [img]i/expressions/anim_roller.gif[/img]

I guess losing Finley is addition by subtraction, or maybe Ape is just such a loser that he had to correct his previous prediction a little, while still keeping us as low as possible.
Old 10-09-2005, 05:22 AM   #15
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

I'm feeling quite good about madape's prediction since this 42-40 record prediction actually became a 58-24 record. So it's simple maths that his 46-36 prediction will actually be a 62-20 record.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 07:10 AM   #16
Pongo
Golden Member

Pongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to all

btw, ape... we're sill having this bet, don't we? my "pm"s still don't work properly
Old 10-10-2005, 12:25 PM   #17
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I didn't think this was a thread about predictions, but since everyone wants to talk about it, we can. You will all be sniffing my crotch when my predictions are proven correct this year. I don't see any way the Mavs finish higher than 6th, and I think there's a better than average probability that they'll finish lower than that. It's impossible to win very many games with no center and no point guard. The West is filled with some very good teams, most of which have improved themselves in the offseason (unlike the Mavs). Avery will keep this team from free-falling too badly, or I'd put them lower than I have them now. I think it's a borderline miracle that the Mavs won as many games as they did last year, and I'm not the only one to think so. Remember, Mark Cuban has stated publicaly that he thought the team could be in the lottery last year, and lamented that he didn't lottery protect the draft pick he sent to Utah in the Pavel trade.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:41 PM   #18
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally posted by: madape
I didn't think this was a thread about predictions, but since everyone wants to talk about it, we can. You will all be sniffing my crotch when my predictions are proven correct this year. I don't see any way the Mavs finish higher than 6th, and I think there's a better than average probability that they'll finish lower than that. It's impossible to win very many games with no center and no point guard. The West is filled with some very good teams, most of which have improved themselves in the offseason (unlike the Mavs). Avery will keep this team from free-falling too badly, or I'd put them lower than I have them now. I think it's a borderline miracle that the Mavs won as many games as they did last year, and I'm not the only one to think so. Remember, Mark Cuban has stated publicaly that he thought the team could be in the lottery last year, and lamented that he didn't lottery protect the draft pick he sent to Utah in the Pavel trade.
how about sniffing our crotches for being so damn off last year? No? Then why should we?

Old 10-10-2005, 12:50 PM   #19
madape
Diamond Member

sniff sniff
Old 10-10-2005, 04:38 PM   #20
Five-ofan
Guru

Why the hell would anyone sniff your crotch because you are right? If you are right (which has no chance of happening barring dirk getting hurt) then I will say hey good job you were right. If we "dont have a center or a pg" what do other teams have at those positions? Damp is better than what most teams roll out there at C, most notably the suns with kurt thomas. As far as pg we have enough to match up with most teams.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:08 PM   #21
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: madape It's impossible to win very many games with no center and no point guard.
Well, we seemed to do okay last year. Better than 6th anyway.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:15 AM   #22
Dalhoop

Old 10-11-2005, 11:26 AM   #23
Dalhoop

Quote:
The West is filled with some very good teams, most of which have improved themselves in the off season (unlike the Mavs).
If you look at the teams in the West that were ahead of the Mavs last year, you will see that hey did not improve at all, but actually got worst with the off season moves.

Suns - Moving away from what they did better then anyone last year by trading offense for defense (-Johnson and Richardson; +Bell and Thomas) This is not an improvement.

Spurs - Players do not play in a vacuum. Backing up Ginobili last year was Berry one of the best shooters in the NBA, this year it will be Finley. This is not an improvement.

Sonics - They loose their coach that got them back to respectability and their up and coming center in James. This is not an improvement.

Now I will give you that the teams behind the Mavs have improved, but they start from a ways back (7 games back in the least)

Rockets, Kings, Nuggets and Wolves all got better, but they have farther to go to catch the Mavs from behind.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:47 PM   #24
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Sonics were never better than us. We went 3-1 against them and only lost the game when DA was our starter
Old 10-11-2005, 12:52 PM   #25
Five-ofan
Guru

He is going by seedings even though we had a better record than they did.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:46 PM   #26
Dalhoop

Yes, I did go with Seedings as that is what it is all about.

Just because you sign a big name to the team doesn't mean that you have upgraded the team.

Its like if the Lakers signed T-Mac with the sole purpose to back-up Kobe. The signing would make a lot of noise, but have very little in game impact.

The Finley signing is injury protection for Ginobili, no more and no less. He is not better then Berry, so if Finley is seeing alot of floor time, then things have gone very wrong for the Spurs.

The signing if Van Exel is tough to gage. I don't know how much he has in the tank, I do know that Udrih looked like a good back-up PG last year. NVE could come in and play minutes as the #2 PG, but is that a big enough jump to offset the Barry for Finley swap?

Although the Spurs will still be the main threat to the Mavs this year, I think that the Rockets, Kings and Nuggets did make some good moves. All of those teams will have great seasons.

I see no division winner last year winning their division again this year. The teams behind them have caught up.
Old 10-11-2005, 03:34 PM   #27
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

seedings arent what its about. Who cares if Seattle pulls the first seed-- if they will fold under our pressure in the playoffs, then does it matter?

further, there is nothing that we can do to dislodge Seattle. We are fighting with Houston and San Antonio if we want a higher seed.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:20 PM   #28
Dalhoop

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
seedings aren't what its about. Who cares if Seattle pulls the first seed-- if they will fold under our pressure in the playoffs, then does it matter?
Higher seedings mean more games at home, more home fan interest, more money at the gate, home fan advantage, less travel, more sleeping in your own bed and more national coverage.

As for teams folding, we cannot assume that a team will fold.

Quote:
further, there is nothing that we can do to dislodge Seattle. We are fighting with Houston and San Antonio if we want a higher seed.
We are fighting with Seattle (well we wont this year), for the top seed in the West. I for one am not satisfied with a second or third seed. I would like home court throughout the playoffs not just for the opening rounds.

We will be fighting those teams for a higher seed, but the "big picture" also has to come into the equation at some point.

Anyhoo, If that is the only problem with my original post, then I will assume that I made my point.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:50 PM   #29
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

We arent fighting with Seattle for top seed. We didnt last year either. No one really cares about seeding. All seeding does is decide who is playing whom in the playoffs. The winner of the Southwest division will be the 1 seed. Winner of the other 2 will have the third seed. The only competition for 1st place is in our own division.

AND seeding has nothing to do with homecourt. Nothing.

If Seattle beats Minnesota or Denver, then they will be top 3 seed, but we may still have homecourt even if we are 6th or 7th seed.

Old 10-12-2005, 09:52 PM   #30
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

We arent fighting with Seattle for top seed. We didnt last year either. No one really cares about seeding. All seeding does is decide who is playing whom in the playoffs. The winner of the Southwest division will be the 1 seed. Winner of the other 2 will have the third seed. The only competition for 1st place is in our own division.

If Seattle beats Minnesota or Denver, then they will be top 3 seed, but we may still have homecourt even if we are 6th or 7th seed.

Old 10-12-2005, 09:55 PM   #31
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky

she is right buddy =]

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 11:45 PM   #32
Five-ofan
Guru

The mavs kings of 03 was an example of this.
Old 03-18-2006, 05:13 AM   #33
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by madape
Bump. Ready to sniff some crotch again?
Old 03-18-2006, 09:13 AM   #34
Carolina Blue

Carolina Blue is on a distinguished road

There's some quality humor in this thread...
Old 03-19-2006, 09:58 AM   #35
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

that 62-20 prediction up above looks pretty good though...
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 12:10 PM   #36
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

It sure does.

I wonder what happened to jopimokeeluvimanysl and Dalhoop. Not that I miss their sub-par efforts or anything...just wondering.

And what in hte hell is a jopimokeeluvimanysl?

Last edited by Drbio; 03-19-2006 at 12:12 PM.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 01:48 PM   #37
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

You're reading it wrong, Doc. You have to read it in its correct anagram form:
I jam, poke love in Ms. Lyu

Looks like someone's got the hots for his chinese teacher.
Old 03-26-2006, 11:07 PM   #38
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

i think your drunk dude.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote