Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 02-06-2006, 04:56 PM   #1
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all
Default How about Daniels for Darko/Hunter?

Dallas gets another big who can backup Dirk when KVH leaves. Hunter is just cap filler but can play pg is healthy.

Detroit gets a really good player. In exchange for a "bust"
Old 02-06-2006, 05:25 PM   #2
Jet Terry

Jet Terry will become famous soon enough

Well Darko could be a good player. I don't see Detroit agreeing on this and Darko won't get much of a chance in Dallas either due to Diop, Dampier, Dirk, and Van Horn being ahead of him.
Jet Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 09:35 PM   #3
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

That trade REEKS of "do it just to make a move"...
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 09:41 PM   #4
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Darko's horrible, he reacts just a hair too slow for his size. The Mavs brain trust knows of 30 big men in the world not on an NBA team, better than Darko...
Old 02-06-2006, 10:49 PM   #5
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

In an instant. Darko will be good at some point.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 11:13 PM   #6
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

we don't need Darko: Damp, Diop, DJ, KVH

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 11:14 PM   #7
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

we also have no need or space for hunter...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 02:15 AM   #8
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
In an instant. Darko will be good at some point.
Potential is a scary thing with a guy that can't ever seem to earn playing time and hasn't gotten any better despite practicing against guys like Tayshaun Prince and the Wallace boys..

Meanwhile, Quis is valuable now.. why trade him?
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 01:31 PM   #9
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

The same could have been said of JO playing behind Sheed. The pistons are a great team that just doesnt have minutes for him. Right now we dont either and we are by far not the best team for him but i would still love to have him if all it cost is quis. I like quis alot but a small with potential that cant stay healthy for a big with potential that cant get on the floor seems like a good deal to me.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:10 PM   #10
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

How about hell no!

Darko hasn't even scratched the potential he was thought to have. Hunter has no place. Quisy is a proven commodity and if traded would certainly bring more than this.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 11:57 AM   #11
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
How about hell no!

Darko hasn't even scratched the potential he was thought to have. Hunter has no place. Quisy is a proven commodity and if traded would certainly bring more than this.
So you're not against trading the Human Tattoo, you just think they can get a better deal for him?
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 11:59 AM   #12
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to behold

the way I look at it is if we're trading Marquis (which we shouldn't), he will be a starter for the team he goes to. if we give them a starter, they should give us a starter- and I don't think we can pull that.
endtroducing MASKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 12:17 PM   #13
Five-ofan
Guru

He wouldnt start in this scenario and i dont agree with that logic but btw the mavs and pistons arent gonna make a trade. There is a very real possibility we play in the finals, would you really want to trade a player that might beat you in the finals???
Old 02-08-2006, 01:54 PM   #14
Jet Terry

Jet Terry will become famous soon enough

They got Maurice Evans who is very similar to Marquis Daniels anyway.
Jet Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 02:00 PM   #15
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Including contracts i'd probably take Evans over Daniels. And Darko can backup Dirk? I haven't kept up with the Pistons much this year but have I missed something? Has Darko developed?
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 02:45 PM   #16
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

We have enough young talented big men. Diop is only 23, Pavel is 20, DJ is 23. I don't really see a spot on the roster for the fading big man. If it was on a team like Golden St. or Seattle, where Nellie could possibly be there I could see it.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 01:30 AM   #17
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

I think Darko will get his grip in a couple seasons. I've seen some brilliant flashes from him along with a few horrid plays. Nonetheless, I don't do this trade. We'll re-sign KVH for what he should be getting paid.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 01:48 AM   #18
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Darko's what, 20? He came into this league with virtually no experience, on a team that had won 50 games the previous season and would go on to win the championship that year, got to the finals again the next year, and will in all probability make it to the finals once more this year. Poor kid never had a chance. He needs to go to a bad team that's in dire need of a power forward, where he could get real playing time. You know, I'd really like to see someone like New Orleans, Sacramento, or Chicago take a chance on him. Not the Mavs though. He'd waste away on our bench just like he is in Detroit.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 02:05 AM   #19
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Young bigs have value until they prove beyond a shadow that they can't play and even then some coach thinks he can get it out of him.

Dumars could get a better player than Quis for Darko and he knows it.
Old 02-09-2006, 03:10 AM   #20
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

I imagine it's kinda hard for him to live up to this potential when he plays 5.7 minutes a game, and has only played in 24 games this season. That means he still only plays in total garbage time. I thought Flip was gonna let this kid play and learn the game, but Darko's averaging even fewer minutes now than he was under Larry Brown last year.

And people lable him a bust? I wonder how great Carmelo, Wade or Bosh would be if they were only allowed 5 minutes of garbage time a few games a season. I know you have to earn your minutes, but c'mon, I can't imagine that he's just that bad in their practices as to merit them never playing the kid. Last year they played Atlanta in the last game of the season, and let the kid play since the seeds were already determined, and the kid ended up with 16 points and 8 rebounds or something like that. Darko Milicic can play this game, and he deserves the f*cking opportunity to. There are a crapload of players in the league with far less skill than he does and are regular contributors to their teams. Detroit needs to either let him play, or give him to someone else who will.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote