Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 02-16-2006, 03:38 PM   #1
ballin_boi
Banned

ballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the rough
Default Dal/Orl

Dallas Trade Breakdown
Outgoing

Marquis Daniels
6-6 SG from Auburn
10.6 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 2.8 apg in 30.2 minutes

Keith Van Horn
6-10 SF from Utah
9.8 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 0.8 apg in 21.7 minutes
Incoming

Tony Battie
6-11 C from Texas Tech
7.8 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 0.6 apg in 26.7 minutes

Steve Francis
6-3 PG from Maryland
16.4 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 5.7 apg in 37.9 minutes
Change in team outlook: +3.8 ppg, +2.9 rpg, and +2.7 apg.

Orlando Trade Breakdown
Outgoing

Tony Battie
6-11 C from Texas Tech
7.8 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 0.6 apg in 26.7 minutes

Steve Francis
6-3 PG from Maryland
16.4 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 5.7 apg in 37.9 minutes
Incoming

Marquis Daniels
6-6 SG from Auburn
10.6 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 2.8 apg in 30.2 minutes

Keith Van Horn
6-10 SF from Utah
9.8 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 0.8 apg in 21.7 minutes
Change in team outlook: -3.8 ppg, -2.9 rpg, and -2.7 apg.

Successful Scenario
Due to Dallas and Orlando being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Dallas and Orlando had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Orl gets cap space, and a good young player in quise. That trade with Darko just goes to show that orl is going for the youth movement.

Dal gets stevie franchise and a good backup pf in battie

Dallas
Diop/Damp
Dirk/Battie
J-Ho/Stack
Franchise/Stack/Griff
Terry/Harris/SS

alternatively we can trade terry instead of quise
ballin_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2006, 03:41 PM   #2
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

ugh, no Franchise.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 03:58 PM   #3
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Only player on Orlando I'd even be remotely interested in having is Dwight Howard.. I'd probably trade Dirk straight up for him after this season if the Magic would go for it, but I kind of doubt they would..
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 04:41 PM   #4
Mah23

Mah23 will become famous soon enough

Dwight Howard is good but not Dirk good. I dont think you can make a team around Dwight.
Mah23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 05:03 PM   #5
Dortmund

Dortmund will become famous soon enoughDortmund will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom
Only player on Orlando I'd even be remotely interested in having is Dwight Howard.. I'd probably trade Dirk straight up for him after this season if the Magic would go for it, but I kind of doubt they would..
You sure as hell better be EXTREMELY interested in him if you would trade Dirk for him. No way would I trade Dirk for Howard. I think that would be a very stupid thing to do. Reminds of those folks who wanted to trade Dirk for Yao a year or two ago.
Old 02-16-2006, 10:08 PM   #6
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Orlando making the trade with detroit probably means that Francis is on his way out. And I think it could mean that we might get involved. But I dont think it will happen. i really am against trading Daniels. I think he is gonna be a great player to play alongside Dirk for many years.
He has a nice overall game and is capable of avaraging 15-20pts 5r 5 a when given the playing time.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 02:20 AM   #7
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

If the Mavericks do not win the NBA championship in the next two years, then I would trade Dirk for Howard. So get back to me during the 2007/08 season =]

As for Steve "walk out on my team" Francis, let's face it, he is not an Avery Johnson type guy; he dominants the ball, he forces bad shots, and he's never won anything in his career. We all hear about the Parcells guy, I think Avery has this same attitude as well. So I say no to Steve "I have a migrane, put me on the IR" Francis.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 03:04 PM   #8
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

But on here we say that about every player that is supposed to come to Dallas. They are a cancer, selfish, and so on. Terry never won anything and look at him he is doing great. NVE was great here with his problems. Stackhouse is doing great. And a couple of other playes. So I think if Francis was given a chance to play for us he would take it and make sure he didnt blow it because its probably the best chance he will have.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 05:40 PM   #9
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Steve Francis's style of play is quite comparable to Antoine Walker's (Francis is vastly superior to Walker as a NBA player) but the fact that they need to have the ball constantly in their hands is very similar.. that type of player does not work here with Dirk Nowitzki on the team.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 05:10 PM   #10
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Hell no.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 06:24 PM   #11
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

If we trade for a past-his-prime, ball-dominating superstar I hope it's Iverson
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote