Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 02-26-2006, 07:57 PM   #41
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangedays
For some reason I see the Wizards wanting to play a role in the upcoming offseason. They have some very solid pieces (Arenas, Jamison, Butler, Daniels, Jeffries, Haywood) but they haven't been very successful in the playoffs over the past few years. I'm entirely just tossing this out there (dunno about salaries) but Arenas + Jeffries for KG? Arenas + someone for KG...Gilbert has really impressed me this year with his play and with his attitude and his talent seems wasted in Washington unless they do something drastic. Then again who knows when you've got a guy like Thomas sitting in a GM chair. Frye + Francis + Crawford...Rose + Francis + Frye...

Looking at the Knicks roster makes me kind of sick...
Why would they trade for KG if they want playoff success? KG can't bring that, don't kid yourself. KG only made it out of the first round once when his team was STACKED.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2006, 08:26 PM   #42
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangedays
Yeah I agree, if the Wiz could pull off some sort of trade with Jamison + another piece, I think that'd be a pretty decent situation for KG to go into. KG + Arenas, with a pretty solid big man in Haywood, would be an OK team. But yeah, I don't really see it happening.

Definitely agree that LB is an overrated coach.
That's why I said this.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 03:29 AM   #43
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

One thing I was wondering:

I remember at the beginning of the season, there was a big deal made over KG walking into training camp having put on something like 20 lbs. of muscle. Do people think his game suffered at all as a result this season? Granted, he's been on a slide since his career year in 03-04 (coincidentally when the Wolves went to the WCF) but could that extra bulk have changed his game? There are a few players who have changed their body shape quite a bit this season, another one who comes to mind is Brand (who is substantially slimmer). Purely conjecture...just something I thought of.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:20 AM   #44
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

not a big deal but his career year was based mostly on having cassell getting him the ball.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 05:02 PM   #45
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Cassel only played with him for two seasons. KG has played with guys like Stephon Marbury and Chauncey Billups. KG is a helluva passer too. He could create shots for Dirk and for himself. KG could be Dirk's Kevin McHale.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 05:41 PM   #46
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayC
KG can guard small forwards. It has been only recently that he made the move to powerforward. The mavs could easily start Terry, Daniels, KG and Dirk.

Coming from someone that lives in Minnesota...

Garnett has been a 4 nearly his entire career. I can't remember any extended period of time where this wasn't the case.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 05:59 PM   #47
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

If the Mavs don't win it all this year, and I was Mark, I'd trade just about anything for KG except Dirk. Those two together with Diop or Benga would be the most dominant frontcourt in the league. You might have to play zone, against a few teams, but you could really defend with the length, quickness and athleticism of them.

Derek Fisher at the point would be a fit then. Stack or MD would work at the SG.

Your depth would be shot, but you could run, or play half-court with any team.

**** Now with that said...it will never happen. McHale isn't that stupid.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 06:15 PM   #48
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

McHale might not last past his season. Chris Broussard compared KG's career to Charles Barkley. He explained that Barkley missed the playoffs two consecutive years with the Sixers.

The T-Wolves better hope Rashad McCants or Ricky Davis develop into an all0star.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 09:49 PM   #49
TXSportsFan4

TXSportsFan4 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayC
Cassel only played with him for two seasons. KG has played with guys like Stephon Marbury and Chauncey Billups. KG is a helluva passer too. He could create shots for Dirk and for himself. KG could be Dirk's Kevin McHale.
yes for sure. We would have so much mroe of a shot to win the championship with KG.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:30 PM   #50
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

I'm all for landing KG in Dallas. Personally, I think he'll be moved this offseason and Dallas has as good a chance as anyone else because of our youth.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 03:52 AM   #51
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk and KG on the floor together? I suppose Shaq and Yao would look great together too... Sure, just put Yao at 4... And while we're at it, why don't we try and get Stephon Marbury and Steve Francis on the same team! I'd like to see that! Oh, wait...
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:39 AM   #52
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson
Dirk and KG on the floor together? I suppose Shaq and Yao would look great together too... Sure, just put Yao at 4... And while we're at it, why don't we try and get Stephon Marbury and Steve Francis on the same team! I'd like to see that! Oh, wait...
If you can put Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, and Robert Parrish on a team, and win Championships, then I would think that Dirk, and KG with help could figure out a way to win some as well.

This is why I say McHale would never do it.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:45 AM   #53
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

KG to Dallas can not happen... will not happen... shall not happen!
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 11:43 AM   #54
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by V2M
KG to Dallas can not happen... will not happen... shall not happen!
Oh it is very possible. When the word gets out that KG is being shopped you can bet your bottom dollar Cuban will be in the mix of things. Unless ofcourse we win the championship this season. In that case I don't see anything more than minimal roster adjustments occuring in the offseason.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

Old 03-08-2006, 11:46 AM   #55
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien
Oh it is very possible. When the word gets out that KG is being shopped you can bet your bottom dollar Cuban will be in the mix of things. Unless ofcourse we win the championship this season. In that case I don't see anything more than minimal roster adjustments occuring in the offseason.
Doesn't matter how hard Cuban tries, I don't believe the Wolves would trade KG to Dallas or to any WC team for that matter. He either stays in Minnesota or moves to the East.
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 07:27 PM   #56
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
If you can put Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, and Robert Parrish on a team, and win Championships, then I would think that Dirk, and KG with help could figure out a way to win some as well.

This is why I say McHale would never do it.
How do you figure? Bird was a small forward... McHale was a power forward... Parish was a center... KG and Dirk are both power forwards. Having both of them means you have to play one of them out of position.
Old 03-09-2006, 12:36 AM   #57
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

I don't think KG would have a hard time playing at the 5. He is athletic, strong, and loves to manuever his way around the post. Plus, teams would be scrambling to keep up with KG and Dirk due to the constant switching of low post duties.

Old 03-09-2006, 01:03 AM   #58
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

dbl post

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 03-09-2006 at 01:05 AM.
Old 03-09-2006, 01:05 AM   #59
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien
I don't think KG would have a hard time playing at the 5. He is athletic, strong, and loves to manuever his way around the post. Plus, teams would be scrambling to keep up with KG and Dirk due to the constant switching of low post duties.
KG has played his share of minutes at the 5, and aside from the fact the he hates it, it just doesn't work. KG has practically no post moves, and scores his points by shooting and driving, just like Dirk. Besides, you know why he averages so many assists? Because he's basically their point guard. More often than not, he's the one initiating their offense at the top of the key. You play him at center, and you take away what might very well be his greatest asset as a basketball player. KG is NOT a center and under no circumstances should he play the bulk of his minutes there.
Old 03-09-2006, 09:40 AM   #60
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
How do you figure? Bird was a small forward... McHale was a power forward... Parish was a center... KG and Dirk are both power forwards. Having both of them means you have to play one of them out of position.
Bird was a power forward with outside game, so he played small forward. He was about as adept as Dirk at defending the SF position. Dirk plays more like a SF on the offensive end, and more like a PF on the defensive end -- just like Bird did. KG is more of a PF on the offensive end, but has the athleticism to guard the SF or the athletic PF/C. Neither Dirk or KG can guard Shaq or Yao, but you have Diop and PPod for that, and can give them help.

Neither of these players is actually a true PF. Bird wasn't a true SF though either. He couldn't guard Doc J, or Gervin out on the floor. Bird's game was that of a SF only on the offensive end - defensively he often times guarded the PF, and Vernon Maxwell guarded the SF. In fact this is why McHale was the 6th man.
Old 03-09-2006, 03:10 PM   #61
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

You may be right Spiral but with Dirk and KG switching low post duties often throughout a game I think they could successfully work it out. Who knows, I may be wrong and the price may be too high to risk it, but it is definitely worth considering.

Old 03-09-2006, 08:56 PM   #62
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

I dont think is happening nor do i particularly want it to but dirk defends 5s all the time. In fact i usually prefer it. When the mavs play the spurs who does dirk guard? When the mavs play minny who does dirk guard? When the mavs play just about any team with a star 4 dirk usually guards the 5.
Old 03-09-2006, 09:16 PM   #63
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Centers in this league except for a few have become pretty defensive oriented. The league has become a swingmans league. Yao is pretty special but there aren't many other centers of note.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 03:01 PM   #64
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

It's about time he moved to Dallas. KG, I think you will find that:

Dallas >>>>>>>>> Waco
Old 03-11-2006, 07:45 PM   #65
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
It's about time he moved to Dallas. KG, I think you will find that:

Dallas >>>>>>>>> Waco
Oh brother...

Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 04:29 AM   #66
orangedays
Platinum Member

Nash Back in Big Way; Suns Skip Past Wolves (Linkage)

PHOENIX, March 11 (Ticker) -- Steve Nash returned to help the Phoenix Suns get back on the right track.

Nash had a season-high 31 points and 11 assists and Tim Thomas scored 19 off the bench as the Suns posted a 110-102 triumph over the slumping Minnesota Timberwolves, who dropped their fourth straight game.

Video highlights from
Timberwolves-Suns: Play
The reigning MVP, Nash missed Thursday's 117-93 home loss to San Antonio that that snapped Phoenix's 11-game winning streak with a sprained ankle. He showed no ill effects from that injury Saturday, making 11-of-18 from the field, including 3-of-4 3-pointers.

"I felt pretty confident before the game, but there was definitely still some uncertainty," Nash said. "As the game went on I definitely gained confidence and didn't feel any problems with it, so it was exciting for me."

"He's (Nash) not the quickest guy but he knows how to play," said Minnesota guard Ricky Davis, who scored 14 points. "He knows how to use his body, knows how to find guys. He's just one of those guys that has a key to getting the guys the ball."

Minnesota trailed by just two points at the start of the fourth quarter but Phoenix opened an 85-78 lead on Eddie House's 3-pointer with 9½ minutes left.

Timberwolves rookie Rashad McCants cut the deficit to 90-85 on his jumper at the 8:02 mark. However, Thomas scored five of Phoenix's next 10 points over a three-minute span to push the lead to 100-90. Minnesota never really challenged thereafter.

"Tim is doing great," Suns coach Mike D'Antoni said. "He had 19 and played really well against Kevin Garnett."

Upon entering the locker room to find his teammates laughing and joking, Garnett -- who had 28 points and 10 rebounds -- ripped the team for losing their fourth straight contest.

"I try to keep things in-house, but there is a certain tone here, and we're going to keep that," Garnett said. "And if you can't abide by that tone, you won't be here and you won't play.

"I don't sign anyone's checks, but you have to be prepared and ready to play, and I don't know that as a team every night we are ready to do that. The focus is that it's gotta hurt when you lose. I've never been one to hold my tongue and I never will. We're really trying to make a run for this thing. We're trying to make the playoffs and we need everybody to comply with that."

Raja Bell scored 13 points and Marion added 10 and 10 rebounds for the Suns, who shot 53 percent (42-of-79) overall and made 11-of-19 from the arc.

"I've always been an all-around player," said Marion, who shot just 4-of-15 overall. "Just because I'm not scoring doesn't mean I can't do other things on the floor. I try to focus on playing hard defense, and doing all the little things to help the team win."

Trenton Hassell scored 21 points and Marko Jaric added 14 and eight rebounds for Minnesota, which shot 47 percent (41-of-87).

KG sounds like a decidedly unhappy camper.

Oh, and for you conspiracy theorists out there - was Nash held out of the Spurs game for strategic reasons (sacrifice a loss in the regular season so the Spurs can't strategize as well to contain him in the playoffs, maybe play a mind game where the Spurs think they have one-up on Phoenix)? He doesn't seem to have been affected by it (*edit: the twisted ankle) at all in the Wolves game...*ominous rumbling*

Last edited by orangedays; 03-12-2006 at 06:45 AM.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:56 AM   #67
Carolina Blue

Carolina Blue is on a distinguished road

I don't think there's a player in the league I feel more sorry for than KG. Such an amazing talent surrounded by piles and piles of trash. I don't know how McHale has kept his job so long. This whole trading KG deal makes no sense. If you can't build around KG, who can you build around?

And I'd kill to have KG here, even at the expense of trading Dirk, but sadly it'll never happen.
Carolina Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 05:26 PM   #68
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

He'll be traded before next season's deadline. I think it'll happen this summer but who knows. The wolves need to start rebuilding and that starts with trading KG. Keeping him with the team is only hurting the value of their lottery pick and taking room off of their cap.

Old 03-26-2006, 11:08 PM   #69
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

i like where your heads at dirk diggler.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 11:25 AM   #70
orangedays
Platinum Member

Default Poor KG...

Garnett voices complaints as Timberwolves struggle (Linkage)
Associated Press

MINNEAPOLIS -- Kevin Garnett has seen some difficult times during his 11 seasons in Minnesota.

From the death of teammate and friend Malik Sealy in 2000, to years of first-round playoff exits, to last season's epic fall from Western Conference finalists to the lottery, the disappointments have been many.

Yet this may be Garnett's most challenging season yet, and as his Timberwolves sink toward missing the playoffs for a second straight year, the former MVP is letting it be known that his patience is wearing thin.

"I don't want to go through this any more," Garnett said after the Wolves squeaked out a win over the lowly New York Knicks on Sunday. "I think I'm more deserving of a better team and I think the city's more deserving of a better team, coming in here having something that's going to be competitive and having us getting back to the Western Conference finals. But I do know you just can't blink and it's going to happen; you have to actually spend the time and effort. So, we'll see."

The Timberwolves were off on Monday and after practice on Tuesday, Garnett, as usual, declined to speak to reporters. His coach and teammates, however, echoed the sentiments when talking about a trying season. While not mathematically eliminated from the playoff race just yet, the Timberwolves trail eighth-place Sacramento by six games with 12 to play.

"Kevin has opinions and is frustrated," first-year coach Dwane Casey said Tuesday after practice. "We're all frustrated. We're not happy with where we are. Nobody wants to not be fighting for the division lead. I think he just spoke his mind on the feeling of everyone, from [owner] Glen Taylor all the way down to our trainer. We're not happy, our fans our not happy. It is frustrating to be in this situation, but it's something we have to build on."

Garnett certainly is trying. In a town where former Vikings receiver Randy Moss once infamously uttered, "I play when I want to play," no one has ever questioned KG's effort. He is averaging 21.8 points and 12.4 rebounds in 39 minutes this season, the latest in a long line of superb performances.

For all those efforts and all that energy expended, the wins have been hard to come by. The young Timberwolves enter Wednesday night's game at 29-41, well on their way to their worst record since they won 26 games in 1995-96.

"We're not in such dire straits as everyone thinks," Casey said. "We're probably in the rebuilding process, whatever, but I think we're a couple pieces away, or not that far away from getting to where we want to be. ... But it's a process."

For the most part, Garnett has kept quiet, preferring not to criticize teammates or the organization in public. He had some strong words for vice president Kevin McHale during a television interview early in the season, and questioned his teammates' commitment after a loss to Phoenix on March 11, but Sunday's comments were the most poignant yet.

"I've always said I'll be in Minnesota as long as they want me here," he said after the game. "I don't think I can take another one of these rebuilding stages. I've always said that I think I'm worth not only being listened to but I think I'm definitely in a position where I [should] have a team and ... a chance to win a ring. So I think, at the end of the day, they should at least give me that. If it's anything different from that, then it's a discussion we have to talk about."

McHale has declined all interview requests, but it's clear he has some work to do in the offseason. He tried to shake up the team in February, when he traded Wally Szczerbiak and Michael Olowokandi to Boston for Ricky Davis, Marcus Banks and Mark Blount.

The Timberwolves have been slow to jell since, and Taylor may be forced to spend some serious money on free agents in the offseason to keep his only superstar happy.

"I have faith in Glen that he'll do the right thing," Garnett said.

His teammates hear their leader loud and clear.

"I think Kev's a really emotional guy," said Banks, one of the young players who has been learning on the job. "He wears his emotions on his shoulders. You know when he's mad. You know when things are not going well. Every night he's going to come out and give you 100 percent."
Old 03-29-2006, 11:33 AM   #71
Five-ofan
Guru

Hes gone this summer.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:22 PM   #72
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

anyone do a howard/resigned jet terry/resigned mbenga/daniels or stackhouse for garnett and trash deal?

sign sam cassell to the MLE this offseason.

harris/cassell
daniels
garnett/marshall
dirk/kvh/powell
diop/dampier/pavel
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 12:27 PM   #73
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

nice work orange on finding all that stuff..very interesting..and yes i would like KG to come to Big D
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 02:15 PM   #74
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

You guys all now how frustrated KG is with losing... he will not want to be traded to a non-

contender team. Now lets consider the options... does anyone else know whos in the KG

race? Dallas is the best elite team with a shot at landing him because they are the

youngest. Losing Howard, Van Horn, and Diop is well worth it. Not only will KG be

rejuvenated in Dallas and do everything in his power to win a ring before he loses his

prime but IMO it would give us a serious edge over the Spurs in years to come. Not to

sound negative, but if we lose this year we would be fools not to go for KG in

the offseason... seriously.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 02:31 PM   #75
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

who would he take minutes wawy from? He is not a post. It would never work. And why would we get rid of our youth in Howard to get KG for a few years. This team can win the way it is assembled now. don't mess with it. That is what always happens. They mess with it and it puts them 2 years down the road everytime.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:21 PM   #76
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixeightmkw
who would he take minutes wawy from? He is not a post. It would never work. And why would we get rid of our youth in Howard to get KG for a few years. This team can win the way it is assembled now. don't mess with it. That is what always happens. They mess with it and it puts them 2 years down the road everytime.
I agree. Conventional wisdom says you win with stars. But remember, when SA won 3 years ago, Duncan was their only star. Winning is what elevated Parker and Manu's status. The same is true with Detroit. If they get to the finals and Jet, Howard, Quis and Devin play up to their potential, we win the championship, and they will all suddenly be considered as good at the Detroit players, including their 4 all stars. Only our guys are all young.

I think the benefit of stability outweighs the benefit of tearing the team apart to add 1 talented guy. If you could get him for, say, Stack and KVH and Damp, OK. But our young guys will just get better. They are now on the verge of being the best, they may already be the best, so why screw with that?
Old 03-29-2006, 03:24 PM   #77
Five-ofan
Guru

Ok for theories on getting kg i think the only chance we had to do it was this year. It had to be centered around keiths exipiring contract + young players and/or picks. We dont have the picks to offer and we cant get the salary high enough with our young players. They will want cap relief if they give up kg. We cant offer it anymore. I think he will get dealt but he isnt coming here. I wouldnt mind to see them try it but it isnt happening and im just as happy keeping josh and devin.

IMO the biggest reason for the improvement on D the last two years is that we play a center at center, a pf at pf, a sf at sf, and so on. With the guys we have now we are built to be amazing next year and imo challenge 70 wins in 2 years. (remember i said that) I dont want to give that up even for kg.
Old 03-30-2006, 12:43 AM   #78
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Why sacrifice youth for KG for a few years? Because the guy is clearly one of the most competitive individuals in the league, we're talking Kobe like competitive... thats a lot of wins just from his will. Now combine that fact with his desire for a ring, the impact fresh starts usually have on players, and who knows? The sky is the limit. Trading Howard wouldnt be the end of the world. If we can get him for JH and Van Horn along with Damp or whoever wouldnt that be worth it? I'm definitely a mavs guy... but we are not the best team in the league.

I was reading that the Wolves owner says he can NOT imagine trading KG, but he also said he wants to listen to Kevins ideas... so really hes just saying a whole lot of nothing because what KG's idea is about is getting out of Minny.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 10:01 AM   #79
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

That would be a bad move bringing him here. You would have 2 superstars who play the same position fighting for playing time. KG is not a center. He would take time away from Dirk. We would get KG, and then have no starting forward, at the power forward spot, no back up center if we give away all the pieces you wanted to give up. NO WAY IN HELL would I do that. KG has to be on a team that is built entirely for him. That would not be the case in Dallas. He would have to take a backup roll to Dirk. WOULD NOT WORK>
Old 03-30-2006, 02:27 PM   #80
atrewsfan
Banned

atrewsfan will become famous soon enoughatrewsfan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixeightmkw
That would be a bad move bringing him here. You would have 2 superstars who play the same position fighting for playing time. KG is not a center. He would take time away from Dirk. We would get KG, and then have no starting forward, at the power forward spot, no back up center if we give away all the pieces you wanted to give up. NO WAY IN HELL would I do that. KG has to be on a team that is built entirely for him. That would not be the case in Dallas. He would have to take a backup roll to Dirk. WOULD NOT WORK>
Garnett has played SF before and he has nice agility for a big man. Garnett is more athletic than Charlie Villanueva and CV and his 6'11", 230 lbs. are playing SF beside PF C. Bosh. If CV can complement a true PF in Bosh, Garnett and his 6'11", 220 lbs. definitely can play beside Dirk. Garnett racks up the blocked shots now, but imagine his totals if he were covering smaller SF's (actually every SF aside from CV would be smaller than him I think.
atrewsfan is offline   Reply With Quote