Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 02-23-2006, 01:56 PM   #1
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light
Default Trade deadline looming!!

Well, there is about an hour left until the deadline set at 2pm our time. If you hear anything about the Mavs or anything else around the league, keep me posted. I think the Mavs stay out this year, but you never know.
Old 02-23-2006, 02:26 PM   #2
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

I'd love to see a flurry of trades. I can think of a few guys who are probably on the bubble to do something - Kupchak, Vandeweghe, Thomas (if nothing else, he's probably the hardest-working GM in the league - kudos to his mobile provider). I doubt Minny will blow up their team; Paxson is probably going to wait and rather than deal his talent while they're still on rookie contracts, he'll do sign-and-trades later on (I'm thinking Deng and Gordon are gonna be gone).

Golden State has got a couple of logjams (PF and the 2/3), Detroit needs a backup PG, Memphis needs a PG, Atlanta's looking to unload Harrington, Houston wants to get rid of Derek Anderson (maybe to Denver?), Jersey and Marc Jackson, Utah and the big Booze (way to drop the ball w/ Snyder), whoever's in charge in Orlando needs to get smacked around a little, Toronto needs a new pair of everything except PF (Colangelo's a good start).

I feel that the Cavs are going to have to do something drastic in the near future, Ferry did a lot of work trying to upgrade their roster this past off-season but I'm inclined to believe their current group is not a championship team, regardless of how good LeBron gets. I'd expect Drew Gooden to go somewhere this off-season, and I think Donyell Marshall needs to be moved.

But I...*refreshes realgm.com one last time before posting*...I don't see anything too big before the deadline.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 03:22 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's hoping that this forum shuts down for a while at 2:01pm.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 03:58 PM   #4
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Earl Watson is gone. I think in the offseason we will see a flurry of moves. This will be the second consecutive year KG misses the playoffs. They don't have the pieces to add a second star player. Pierce is in the same boat in Boston. Boston needs a second star or for one of their young studs to become one. Nene Hilario could be traded out of Denver. There is also talk that the Sonics will trade either Ray Allen or Rashard Lewis?
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 04:02 PM   #5
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Looks like the Rockets are going to make a trade.

http://www.clutchfans.net/news/1272/...league_office/
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 04:25 PM   #6
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Probably to trade Derek Andersen, maybe to Denver.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 04:27 PM   #7
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayC
Probably to trade Derek Andersen, maybe to Denver.
Sir, I like the way you think.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote