Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-17-2023, 11:09 PM   #1
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
In fairness, you?re probably right. I personally wouldn?t trade 10 or Hardy for Turner. I would make it my mission to build something sustainable. But I guess we are past that, especially after the Kyrie trade.
I'm not that sold on Hardy tbh

Someone else mentioned earlier his situation sort of reminds me of Roddy B after his rookie year when the mavs made him untouchable overrating his talent

If you could finally land a legit starting center like Turner to add to Luka and kyrie you have to do because this team is in win now mode with those two guys on the roster.

I was listening to 105.3 the fan today and Tim Cato discussed this same situation. That 10th Pick is more likely to land a guy who needs further development to help this team down the road and unfortunately you don't have that time if you want to appease Luka

You got to try and go for it now.....

Siakam, OG Anouby, Turner or Grant are proven players who help you win now
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 11:45 PM   #2
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
I'm not that sold on Hardy tbh

Someone else mentioned earlier his situation sort of reminds me of Roddy B after his rookie year when the mavs made him untouchable overrating his talent

If you could finally land a legit starting center like Turner to add to Luka and kyrie you have to do because this team is in win now mode with those two guys on the roster.

I was listening to 105.3 the fan today and Tim Cato discussed this same situation. That 10th Pick is more likely to land a guy who needs further development to help this team down the road and unfortunately you don't have that time if you want to appease Luka

You got to try and go for it now.....

Siakam, OG Anouby, Turner or Grant are proven players who help you win now
Not sure we have the assets for Siakam or OG. In fact I?m almost 100% certain we don?t. Unless Toronto loves Hardy (which if they do might be a clue not to trade him) Hardy is on a GREAT contract. His ceiling is all-star. I?m not saying he?ll get there, but I was a skeptic and the guy totally won me over. He has ?it.? He shot 40% from 3. Looks like he belongs. And is a gym rat. I would have to be blown away to trade him on the contract we have him on. Isn?t it possible he comes back better and stronger and scores 15ppg off the bench for us next season on efficient shooting and with better defense? Id for sure want to find if I was MBT before dealing him this summer.

Last edited by mac222b; 05-17-2023 at 11:46 PM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 03:00 AM   #3
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

I'm very intrigued with Lively now that Wemby is in our division. Lively's ability to guard the whole court with his size and length is rare and he might be able to somewhat hang with Wemby.

I wouldnt mind seeing the Mavs trade back to around 20 where Lively is expected to get picked and acquire a wing defender in the process.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 07:12 AM   #4
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
I'm very intrigued with Lively now that Wemby is in our division. Lively's ability to guard the whole court with his size and length is rare and he might be able to somewhat hang with Wemby.

I wouldnt mind seeing the Mavs trade back to around 20 where Lively is expected to get picked and acquire a wing defender in the process.
I suggested something like this earlier.

Thing about the draft is that you just don't know who will be good or when they will contribute.

Hardy largely came on big because we lack overall talent.

So people say Lively is 4 years from anything when we ARE STARTING DWIGHT POWELL. If Lively averaged 4/4/2, then that's already a win. Shot blocking is his game, and I'm not sure that aspect is something that needs years to translate. He just has no offensive game.

I also like Leonard Miller if we trade back. Rebounding machine and the perfect mobile 4. Plus, Hardy's success with the Ignite should encourage us to be more open to G-league prospects.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 05-18-2023 at 07:14 AM.
DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote