Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-18-2015, 05:00 PM   #2001
Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the rough

And Oden 23 pts & 14 rebs in China :P
Quetzalcoatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2015, 05:36 PM   #2002
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Powell cleared for play. Will play tomorrow.

-Matthews
-Parsons
-JJB (rest)
-NDour

+Dirk
+Felton
+Powell
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 07:31 PM   #2003
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Earl K. Sneed: Rick Carlisle says an MRI confirmed a calf strain for Deron Williams. He’ll be out of contact drills and preseason at least a week.
– via Twitter EarlKSneed
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 12:07 AM   #2004
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Vinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
And Oden 23 pts & 14 rebs in China :P
I could put those numbers in China, just saying.
Vinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 10:53 AM   #2005
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Earl K. Sneed: Rick Carlisle says an MRI confirmed a calf strain for Deron Williams. He’ll be out of contact drills and preseason at least a week.
– via Twitter EarlKSneed
Calf strain is a very vague prognosis. I assume it's just a muscle pull, but it could be a variety of things from not serious to serious.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 08:27 PM   #2006
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
I don't want to bag on the guy because IMO all the young players are being put in a pretty shitty spot at the end of these games with no ball handler and little to no veteran help, unless you want to count the invaluable leadership of Sammy(seek immediate medical help if you do). Especially these last 2 games where they are playing deep teams with vets. Having said that... Ndour at times has looked flat out terrible. I've seen him throw passes at peoples feet and 5 feet over their head. He plays out of control a lot to me also. He has an intriguing frame and is ridic long and has hops but he should not make this roster he is just too raw and if we are trying to compete we can only have so many players on the roster being developed/stashed.

If what RC said is true and we are planning to keep Felton then at this point IMO roster locks are-

Dirk, Parsons, Matthews, Dwill, Zaza, JJ, Harris, Anderson, Evans, CV3, Jenkins, Felton

I want to put Powell there too but just for discussion I'll leave him off since he hasn't seen the court. And I'm in the camp that thinks CV3 is a lock because he's light years better than the d-leaguers being put out there. And Evans has looked good to me, especially his help on the boards. 3 spots available and players to fill would be Mejri, McGee, Powell, Dalembert Ndour. We need a big who can play so Mejri or Daly has to make it(I hope Mejri) and I personally like Powell and ppl want young players to develop he's much further along than Ndour. And I prefer project Mcgee to project Ndour and even if I didn't I'd want a 3rd big over Ndour if my goal is competing. I don't see him making the roster personally. I also used to hate the idea of keeping felton over a young player but after watching how far away ndour is and not seeing dwill for one second I think we prolly do need that extra pg and he is still the only non minimum salary that is also expendable for us in trade scenarios going forward.
Appreciate the indepth. He's in a bad spot being injured and earlier being expected to do a lot even though there's not much product on the floor. NY was sad to see him go so I guess they can always resign him
Old 10-20-2015, 01:22 AM   #2007
GermanStandard

GermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to behold

We really found a cheap gem in Jenkins. Atleast he should provide enough Offense until Wes returns.

So basically the Roster will look like this

Deron/Barea/Felton
Matthews/Harris/Jenkins
Parsons/Evans/Anderson
Dirk/CV3/Powell
Zaza/McGee/Mejiri

D.Williams(??)/Barea/Felton
Jenkins/Harris
Evans/Anderson
Dirk/CV3/Powell
Zaza/Mejiri

Gonna be a long first couple of weeks.

-------------------------------------------------

Baller from the G'
GermanStandard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 09:53 AM   #2008
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Dear god amighty, Larry Sanders was hella funny in that SNL skit but there is NO way he could help us on the court.

We are sucking hind teat here. Goodness gracious.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 03:56 PM   #2009
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

People were upset we didn't draft Upshaw. Well, we didn't even give him a camp invite, which shows our level of interest. Now he's been waived by the crappy Lakers. Anyone want him now?

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 10-20-2015 at 04:03 PM.
Old 10-20-2015, 05:13 PM   #2010
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 10-20-2015 at 05:13 PM.
Old 10-20-2015, 05:44 PM   #2011
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Is this thread for 15/16 or 16/17 ?
Old 10-22-2015, 03:13 PM   #2012
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Deron and Wes might play on Friday per Rick.

Parsons did his first full contact practice today.

Old 10-22-2015, 03:38 PM   #2013
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

So who is this Tu Holloway?
We released Famous for another PG?
rimrocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 04:02 PM   #2014
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
So who is this Tu Holloway?
We released Famous for another PG?
Very strange, particularly with Williams coming back. We have Jenkins, Harris, Barea, Williams, and now Matthews coming back at the guard positions already. I really doubt that Rick is desperate for depth.

Only thing I can think is that we want him on our D-league team for Van Exel. Guys who sign with us and are waived get to avoid the D-league draft and go straight to the team. Perhaps Van Exel was hoping for Jenkins to fall to him, but now the Mavs want to keep Jenkins and now Van Exel needs another guard for his Legends roster.

Famous really showed me nothing. He won't really be missed. It was worth giving him a shot-- Miami got Whiteside, but Famous looks to be a guy who dominates in D-league but doesn't have what it takes to be in the NBA.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 10-22-2015 at 04:34 PM.
Old 10-22-2015, 08:17 PM   #2015
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Really excited for tomorrow now
Old 10-22-2015, 11:02 PM   #2016
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Even Javale might play Friday. Wow.

Old 10-23-2015, 04:44 PM   #2017
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Parsons goes through first full practice
http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/...e41175141.html

Quote:
LINCOLN, Neb. – The news he heard Wednesday was so comforting, Chandler Parsons could barley get to sleep.

Parsons had been rehabbing his right knee, the one which he had surgery on back on May 1. The Dallas Mavericks’ small forward had been patiently waiting for the day when the team’s medical staff gave him the OK to go through a full contact practice.

Parsons received that good news on Wednesday, and went through his first 5-on-5 practice in over five months on Thursday.

"I did everything (Thursday),’’ Parsons said after Thursday’s practice at American Airlines Center. "It’s my first day playing five-on-five contact in six months.

"I played a little bit of three-on-three (Wednesday) and I felt fine, no swelling, and no pain. (Today), besides being exhausted and tired, I felt fine.’’

Parsons may be feeling physically and mentally fine. But he won’t play Friday night at 7 in the Mavs’ final preseason game against the Chicago Bulls at Pinnacle Bank Arena.

"I would love to play, but I don’t think that’s happening. And, yeah, it’s no real point.

"I’m a little bit rusty. Obviously it’s going to take some time to get back 100 percent, like making reads and timing and everything like that, but it’s all very positive right now.’’

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/...#storylink=cpy
Old 10-23-2015, 04:46 PM   #2018
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Even Javale might play Friday. Wow.
Javale could really give us a totally different look if healthy and back to his 11-12 numbers. Dude is big, athletic, and can block shots. I really hope he can be a decent player for us, because we absolutely need him to bring the rebounding and help defense if we are going to go far this year.
Old 10-23-2015, 07:09 PM   #2019
sig

sig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the rough

McGee give the Mavs a physical presence they don't have. The question is does he still have the athleticism and can he get and stay healthy. Knowing he was a bit on the shelf health wise and still signed him I suspect they are committed to at least waiting it out until he is healthy to see if he can rejuvinate his career. The center position is mess. Who cares who they keep or not keep. McGee is the only one with any upside of being a solid starter.
sig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 12:18 PM   #2020
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Javale could really give us a totally different look if healthy and back to his 11-12 numbers. Dude is big, athletic, and can block shots. I really hope he can be a decent player for us, because we absolutely need him to bring the rebounding and help defense if we are going to go far this year.
Mavs also must be confident in that since they just waived Dalembert.

Shams Charania: The Dallas Mavericks are releasing center Samuel Dalembert, league sources tell Yahoo. Dalembert had a guaranteed vet minimum contract.

Old 10-24-2015, 02:17 PM   #2021
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Dwain Price ‏@DwainPrice 40m40 minutes ago

Quote:
The #Mavs waived Samuel Dalembert, Brandon Ashley, Jamil Wilson and Tu Holloway today. They still must waive one more player by Monday.
Still at 16 players.

Looks like it's a dogfight between Mejri and NDour for that last spot

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 10-24-2015 at 02:19 PM.
Old 10-24-2015, 02:52 PM   #2022
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

I think Mejri takes the final spot especially with McGee as a big ?? right now. Mejri definitely has room to grow, but looks like he's capable of playing in this league.
Old 10-24-2015, 05:47 PM   #2023
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
I think Mejri takes the final spot especially with McGee as a big ?? right now. Mejri definitely has room to grow, but looks like he's capable of playing in this league.
Agree...Mejri has some skills we could use this season but Ndour is more of a project on a team that is building from scratch. Although we are making a youth movement I don't see Ndour ever being a huge impact player in this league and doesn't possess any unique skill sets that we don't already have with more experienced players.

With Dirk/Powell/CV/Evans and even Parsons/Zaza, I don't see where Ndour would ever see the court. Mejri should have a great opportunity to get decent minutes with Dalembert gone and could actually be useful.
rimrocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 06:30 PM   #2024
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I'm all for keeping Ndour on board... the only problem is, who else do we cut? Felton seems like the only candidate that would make some sense, and I wouldn't be opposed to that, but isn't he one of the handful of guys on the roster that could potentially have some trade value down the road that we'd also have interest in trading?
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 06:35 PM   #2025
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

What happened with Hassan Whiteside is exactly why you don't cut Mejri. Sure, it's a long shot, but if Mejri starts producing at any point, then his value skyrockets.

I liked N'Dour, but his injury and being the 14-15th man doesn't really make much sense to keep him.

Old 10-24-2015, 07:47 PM   #2026
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
What happened with Hassan Whiteside is exactly why you don't cut Mejri. Sure, it's a long shot, but if Mejri starts producing at any point, then his value skyrockets.

I liked N'Dour, but his injury and being the 14-15th man doesn't really make much sense to keep him.
Problem is that we are looking for our 15th man on a roster where only 12 can be active. We'll obviously have some injuries, but whoever makes the roster will probably play for NVE in the D-League anyway.
Old 10-25-2015, 10:12 AM   #2027
bunkmoreland

bunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to behold

I would speculate that Ndour is fighting for Jeremy Evans' spot. Mejri is in.

Last edited by bunkmoreland; 10-25-2015 at 10:12 AM.
bunkmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 10:38 AM   #2028
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkmoreland View Post
I hope not. I like what Evans brings to the team and its not like he's old. Evans is only 28. Ndour just didn't show me enough to keep him.
Old 10-25-2015, 11:51 AM   #2029
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Zach Lowe's 35 Crazy Predictions for the 2015-16 NBA Season: JEREMY EVANS WILL BECOME A THING

Quote:
Speaking of roll men! Evans is a pogo stick who showed flashes of a usable midranger two seasons ago in Utah, but he was never good enough at any one skill to stay on the court. Dallas needs all the help it can get, and Rick Carlisle has been using Evans at three positions in the preseason.

He has looked explosive rolling and dunking amid clear space like a miniature (and much worse) Tyson Chandler, and he’s jacking 3s. He’s 2-of-13, and he hasn’t proved he can guard either forward position. But Evans can do some things, and he should get a chance.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 10:43 AM   #2030
bunkmoreland

bunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to behold

That sounds nice. That Rick was having Evans work on the 3 lately does seem to indicate he wants to use him. Maybe the team is waiting to see if they can finally get a taker for Felton so that cutting Ndour can be avoided.
Old 10-26-2015, 12:25 PM   #2031
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

I heard part of a Cuban interview on NBA radio last night, and they talked about Jeremy Evans. Cuban said that he was going to "shoot a ton of threes" this year, and compared him to Aminu.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 01:28 PM   #2032
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Vinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant future

Evans and Felton won't be cut. It's obviously between Ndour and Mejri. Not a fan of either but Ndour definitely has more upside. Mejri is 7'2 and can block shots, but is uncoordinated beyond belief. If y'all want someone that can do that then we might as well just sign Hashem Thabeet who's an inch taller, younger, and has NBA experience. I'm not actually suggesting we sign should him but I'm just saying.

But yeah I agree with bunkmoreland above that they may be holding out to see if anyone will make a trade for Felton, especially after his impressive preseason.
Vinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 02:58 PM   #2033
bunkmoreland

Just got a yahoo update that Ndour has been cut. Roster down to 15.

Last edited by bunkmoreland; 10-26-2015 at 03:00 PM.
Old 10-26-2015, 03:46 PM   #2034
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Shame we couldn't keep one of the younger guys, but big-picture, this probably doesn't have a big impact on this team.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 05:59 PM   #2035
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Just got a yahoo update that Ndour has been cut. Roster down to 15.
Mejri still on the roster is the good news
Old 10-26-2015, 09:01 PM   #2036
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Need I say more?

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 10-26-2015 at 09:02 PM.
Old 10-26-2015, 10:45 PM   #2037
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

I gotta say that I am impressed with the fact that the Mavs made the right move by keeping Mejri over Dalembert. Now I wonder how many minutes these guys will be getting.
Old 10-27-2015, 08:43 AM   #2038
Oberon

Oberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
I gotta say that I am impressed with the fact that the Mavs made the right move by keeping Mejri over Dalembert. Now I wonder how many minutes these guys will be getting.
Does that speak for Mejri or does that speak for how bad Dalembert has become? Actually there's a lot of question marks concerning our roster this season. We have a lot of players that are either injury-prone or totally unpredictable with regard to their performance. Last season I was optimistic, this time I really have no idea what to think about this roster.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 11:27 AM   #2039
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

As I've stated, the Mejri thing is IMO absolutely related to bigs like Gobert, Dieng, and Whiteside. If you bet on Mejri and are right, then his value will be very big. Dalembert will have no value other than an OK backup .

Old 10-27-2015, 09:50 PM   #2040
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

I honestly thought our new centers were much younger than they are. This season their average age will already be 30. When will this happen? March 16th.

I'm taking a break from my Data Analysis for Statisticians and Actuaries homework to look up numbers. Oh well...

With Dirk being our oldest player by a long shot I figured that we were in fact the oldest at PF, but we're actually older at PG with those triplets at over 31 years of age. Our youngest position is SF, and hopefully we'll see lots of movement from those young legs. They're 25 now but will be 26 before our Centers turn 30. Even sooner than that our Small Forwards will be 29. This is really close to the team's average age which is over 29.

Last edited by NeedlesKane; 10-27-2015 at 10:05 PM.
NeedlesKane is offline   Reply With Quote