Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 07-25-2002, 07:13 PM   #1
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

heres the link to pictures and info from his visit in dallas.Lewis visit
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2002, 07:20 PM   #2
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Those jerseys sure look sweet....

ah man, it'd be nice if this would happen. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2002, 07:23 PM   #3
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

I think if seattle doesnt offer him at least 80mil. He's the newest Mav.
Old 07-25-2002, 07:24 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Great link. Well done.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2002, 07:26 PM   #5
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

thanks
Old 07-25-2002, 07:33 PM   #6
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

I was happy to see that he brought his family with him. That really shows that he is serious about signing with Dallas.

And it surely doesn't hurt that his mother said that the tour was "Awesome" and was "very happy" with the attention that the Mavs were showing him.

PLEASE!!!! RASHARD!!!!

LISTEN TO YA MOTHA!!
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2002, 07:48 PM   #7
Drbio
Banned

I don't care how old he is....you got to listen to mom. Mom's opinion has to go a long way. And I agree...that he brought his family means a lot. I am impressed with Rashard Lewis.
Old 07-25-2002, 08:12 PM   #8
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

He could be a Mav any minute!
Old 07-25-2002, 08:16 PM   #9
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

It might take'm a little longer to make a $55mil decision

also, I think we could have even more of an advantage over Houston if Cube let Rashards mom live in the guest house.( u know rodmans old crip)
Old 07-25-2002, 08:58 PM   #10
ckruse11

ckruse11 is on a distinguished road

Why do you say he could be a Mav any minute?
Old 07-25-2002, 09:21 PM   #11
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

he could you know cuban smooth talking him
Old 07-25-2002, 09:51 PM   #12
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

The way they are treating him, no one in the league can compete with that. Lewis is either going to stay with Seattle or go to the Mavs. Houston just ain't that good and he is close enough to home in Dallas, just far enough away to get away from the shit at home in Houston, but close enough to keep in touch by flying down there everyone once in a while. Mavs are first class with Mark as the captin of this ship. We have a good chance after seeing this info., well down by everyone in the mavs org.
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 06:23 AM   #13
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

From DMN/Stein:
The Mavericks are ultimately hoping for a signed declaration from Lewis, specifically on a three-year contract worth $15 million, but they're cautiously excited about the 22-year-old's initial reaction. Dallas' long-shot bid has to win Lewis over largely with affection, since his present employers in Seattle are offering $60-plus million over seven years and likely to increase that if the Sonics sense Lewis is about to bolt.

Mavericks owner Mark Cuban insisted that "this isn't about pressure" and that "I'm not even going to try" to get a read on Lewis' intentions. Cuban said Thursday's full-court courtship, culminating with dinner at Bob's Steak and Chophouse, was designed to "answer Rashard's questions."

Hmmm....$5M per for 3 years, or $8.5M+ per year for 7. Given the disparity in what the Mavericks and the Sonics can offer, doesn't this just sound like Marko grinding a few million more out of Seattle for snagging Booth last year? The Mavs won't seriously compete with this kind of money. Can they?

Paybacks are hell. Now go find Harpring.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 07:03 AM   #14
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

LOL!!! I hadn't thought about Mark giving seattle some payback, but why the hell not. Let the league know that paybacks are a b.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 07:19 AM   #15
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

In todays dallas morning news . Rashard said "the main thing is for me to be comfortable" He also says he's very impressed with dallas and he's going to meet with dallas officials again today(friday) and should have a decision by next week.
Old 07-26-2002, 07:23 AM   #16
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

they can't compete initially...however, after the three years, the mavs would be able to offer lewis some serious cash
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 07:25 AM   #17
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

he does want to go to a team that has a chance to win it all
Old 07-26-2002, 07:36 AM   #18
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

the morning news also said cuban asked rashard if he left seattle would he go to houston or dallas he said" I think dallas has a better organization than houston"
Old 07-26-2002, 07:55 AM   #19
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

What price/ personal sacrifice is Rashard Lewis prepared to pay to be part of a title shot?

He has a chance to prove that he is not a mercenary here and out for the cash. I say he signs.

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 08:03 AM   #20
Drbio
Banned

Great pickup on the payback angle. I hadn't thought about htat either. I think it's 50-50 if what we are hearing from the Lewis camp is the truth.
Old 07-26-2002, 08:04 AM   #21
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

well, in dallas, he would have the opportunity for the much larger payout three years down the road.... along with a shot at the title.

the mavs signing rashard is still probably a long shot though..but, we can hope
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote