Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-18-2008, 09:34 PM   #81
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I think it's funny how ultimately Rick is doing the exact same thing many chided Avery for--playing veterans like DG over young talented guys.

Not saying I don't like Rick--I do like him a lot. Just humorous.
Except Devean George is actually playing well. Avery would play guys like Juwan Howard despite their crap play.
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2008, 09:52 PM   #82
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseman View Post
Except Devean George is actually playing well. Avery would play guys like Juwan Howard despite their crap play.
Juwan hardly played at all last season.

But, I agree that DG is playing pretty well. I'm not saying it's a bad choice to play him.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 10:23 PM   #83
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

That's not true at all. Rick Carlisle has benched Stackhouse. Instead of playing Stack 20-30 minutes a night, Rick Carlisle has played Barea, Shawne Williams, and Gerald Green.

He is playing George more than I would like him to play but Carlisle is playing the youngsters a helluva lot more than Avery ever did. And I am willing to bet that if Fazekas was on the team when Carlisle was coach, Faz would have gotten some playing time too.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 10:25 PM   #84
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
That's not true at all. Rick Carlisle has benched Stackhouse. Instead of playing Stack 20-30 minutes a night, Rick Carlisle has played Barea, Shawne Williams, and Gerald Green.

He is playing George more than I would like him to play but Carlisle is playing the youngsters a helluva lot more than Avery ever did. And I am willing to bet that if Fazekas was on the team when Carlisle was coach, Faz would have gotten some playing time too.
That is so true. Man Avery wouldn't let go of Stack and Eddie Jones.
Old 12-19-2008, 05:23 AM   #85
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Juwan hardly played at all last season.
He definitely played more than I wanted to see him. I remember seeing him on the floor with Dirk, with Damp and Diop on the bench and just hanging my head in disbelief.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote