Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-23-2008, 04:46 AM   #1
xavier

xavier is a jewel in the roughxavier is a jewel in the roughxavier is a jewel in the rough
Default Dirk willing to take pay cut?

Report: Dirk willing to pay to win

Many athletes say it's all about winning. Dirk Nowitzki may be willing to put his money where his mouth is.

The Dallas Morning News reported on Monday that the Mavericks star would consider taking less money in 2010 so Dallas could sign a free agent from what looks like a promising class.

"Every team is trying to be a player in 2010," Nowitzki said, according to the newspaper. "Every team is trying to clear money under the cap so they can make a move. I'm very fortunate that I've made a lot of money in this league, even though I've never really played for money. I love the sport. I love this organization. Obviously, I want to win. I won the MVP, and individually, there's nothing really left but winning a championship.

"If that means I have to play for less money, it's all possible. It's all open."

Nowitzki can exercise an option after the 2009-10 season and make $21.5 million the following year, or he can become an unrestricted free agent. The Mavericks could then sign him to a new contract that lowers his 2010-11 salary to bring a complementary player on board.

LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, Amare Stoudemire and Joe Johnson headline that season's free-agent class.

"Dirk is Dirk," team owner Mark Cuban said, according to the Morning News. "He's a team player all the way and wants to in. He's a first-class guy and we've grown up together in this organization. So I think we've always tried to be on the same page."
xavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2008, 05:22 AM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk > NBA

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 08:01 AM   #3
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk > Life

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 08:56 AM   #4
Eman

Eman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to all

Awesome, what a great individual, what a great person he is. We are SO lucky to have such a class act as our star when other teams have AI, Carmelo, etc.......... Dirk makes it easy to be a Mav's fan.
Eman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 09:05 AM   #5
KingCrunch

KingCrunch is on a distinguished road

"I'm very fortunate that I've made a lot of money in this league, even though I've never really played for money. I love the sport. I love this organization. Obviously, I want to win. I won the MVP, and individually, there's nothing really left but winning a championship."

Love him!

<<Deutschlands größtes Basketball-Netzwerk>>
KingCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 09:12 AM   #6
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

At least we still have Dirk.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 09:39 AM   #7
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

How can we believe this if there is no link?

If you post an article, people, put a link on it. And why not just go all the way and use the damn quote button? <----

Also, I liked your original thread title "Dirk to take pay cut."

That's right, I'm being mean today.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:46 AM   #8
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like to thank Flaco for the question mark.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 10:59 AM   #9
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Dirk and T.O. doing their part to bring their respective teams together...

ESPN/Ed Werder and FlacoLaco doing their part to tear these teams apart with details!!!

Merry Christmas!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:04 PM   #10
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCrunch View Post
"I'm vfery fortunate that I've made a lot of money in this league, even though I've never really played or money. I love the sport. I love this organization. Obviously, I want to win. I won the MVP, and individually, there's nothing really left but winning a championship."

Love him!
That's quote material for me.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:32 PM   #11
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Gilbert took a paycut to help the Wiz...I don't think it was a very significant one though.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:03 PM   #12
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Joe Johnson and Dirk....mmm.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:29 PM   #13
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Best part is that we can all be certain that he wouldn't Carlos Boozer us.

Duncan took a pay cut too.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 02:02 PM   #14
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

So did KG.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 02:41 PM   #15
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes it's hard to imagine how much exactly a pay cut really is...considering every player in the NBA makes at least a 6-digit salary

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 03:12 PM   #16
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, Gilbert Arenas took an "11 million dollar paycut"..... to make 111 million.

Whoopy.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 03:21 PM   #17
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
Yeah, Gilbert Arenas took an "11 million dollar paycut"..... to make 111 million.

Whoopy.
Hahah, I definitely don't even make 1 million a year.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
Old 12-23-2008, 03:45 PM   #18
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Love dirk! hope he can play for the Mavs forever!
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 04:40 PM   #19
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

^^^^ lol. Dude, you crack me up.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:42 PM   #20
ty
Diamond Member

^ Has he cracked you up 2,230 times?

Old 12-23-2008, 07:13 PM   #21
basketballgirl25
Banned

basketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubOverdose View Post
Gilbert took a paycut to help the Wiz...I don't think it was a very significant one though.
and look how that turned out for him, his team sucks
basketballgirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 07:23 PM   #22
particleman

particleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud of

We're getting closer to realizing my dream of Dirk and Steve Nash signing for the veteran minimum in 2010, freeing up money for the Mavs to sign LeBron James and Chris Bosh.
particleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 07:38 PM   #23
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Yea I believe Gilbert did take a pay cut. Didn't someone else? Was it Baron Davis? Someone on the Clippers....I mean it is what it is. The Mavs could be under the cap and i'd have zero faith in this team snagging any free agent who's under 30 in 2010.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 08:02 PM   #24
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
How can we believe this if there is no link?

If you post an article, people, put a link on it. And why not just go all the way and use the damn quote button? <----

Also, I liked your original thread title "Dirk to take pay cut."

That's right, I'm being mean today.
Here you are

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 12:36 PM   #25
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Arenas was offered the max 6 years 125. He signed for 111 over 6 years. He saved the Wiz about 2.3 million per year. Davis took a lesser contract to get Brand back on board for the Clippers.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 09:23 PM   #26
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

So the Mavs' current salary commitments for Summer 2010 are Dirk, Damp, Josh, Terry & Diop, totaling $64.9 MM. Let's say, for argument's sake, that Dirk is willing to opt out and then settle for the veterans' minimum. That would cut our obligations to something like $43MM, which should be somewhere in the neighborhood of $20MM under the cap. That is certainly enough to extend an offer to one of the marquis free agents. I doubt the Mavs will be extending anybody's contracts past the end of the 2009-2010 season any time soon if they think they can be legit players in that market. Now, if they could dump the hideous contract of Diop, that would free another $6.4MM in cap room. Plus, I believe Josh's contract is a team option for that year. So it appears, if the Mavs don't make any moves to improve the team any time soon (and take on longer contracts in so doing), they could be very legit in the 2010 free agent market.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:01 PM   #27
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi View Post
So the Mavs' current salary commitments for Summer 2010 are Dirk, Damp, Josh, Terry & Diop, totaling $64.9 MM. Let's say, for argument's sake, that Dirk is willing to opt out and then settle for the veterans' minimum. That would cut our obligations to something like $43MM, which should be somewhere in the neighborhood of $20MM under the cap. That is certainly enough to extend an offer to one of the marquis free agents. I doubt the Mavs will be extending anybody's contracts past the end of the 2009-2010 season any time soon if they think they can be legit players in that market. Now, if they could dump the hideous contract of Diop, that would free another $6.4MM in cap room. Plus, I believe Josh's contract is a team option for that year. So it appears, if the Mavs don't make any moves to improve the team any time soon (and take on longer contracts in so doing), they could be very legit in the 2010 free agent market.
Isn't damp also conditional that summer? they could also dump his right? and if so how much more below the cap. He's around 7 or 8mil a yr right?

The good Ol days : Click

Last edited by quietsavant; 12-24-2008 at 10:01 PM.
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 11:13 PM   #28
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietsavant View Post
Isn't damp also conditional that summer? they could also dump his right? and if so how much more below the cap. He's around 7 or 8mil a yr right?
I believe it is a team option for 2010-2011 on Damp. By then, his pay will be ~13mil. However, this site http://www.eskimo.com/~pbender/mavs/...n.html#dampier says it is guaranteed. I think that site is incorrect. From what I remember, Damps contract is strongly performance based, like All Star games, games payed, minutes played, points, and championships/team success. I believe he needs some combination of specific stats to have a guaranteed year in 2010-2011.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 12:04 AM   #29
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

That's the way I recall it, too. I think the only relevant provision as of now would be minutes played (and I think the benchmark is above and beyond anything he has done up till now). Basically, he's done after next year.

Wow, I must be getting old. I remember the days when Nash's contract was characterized as an albatross and so was Dampier's. Wait a few years and it all changes, I guess.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 10:51 AM   #30
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

As far as I know, only JET, Josh, Diop and Dirk have contracts that last until 2011 or longer at about $50 million in total. Damp's 2010-2011 contract, worth around $13 million, is conditional and it's safe to say that he won't be able to meet the requirements for his contract to be extended another year.

If Dirk were to opt out of his current deal and guys like Kidd, Damp (and actually Dirk) would no longer be on the Mavs' payroll with their three biggest contracts, we should have some flexibility come 2010. With that said, I don't really see through all the modalities of NBA trade scenarios etc.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 11:12 AM   #31
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

So if Damp misses his performance targets (which he will), and Dirk opts out and signs for a small amount, then we're talking about only having JET & Diop under contract, with a team option for Josh. Wow. Mavs could be big-time players. Problem is, so will a lot of other teams. Will be nice to have the flexibility, though--can decide to re-up Damp & pick up the option on Josh, or let both walk, depending on how the next season and a half go. If only we could rid ourselves of Diop. Shouldn't Josh be a valuable trade commodity right now, btw, due to both being a decent young player AND having a contract that can come off the books in 2010?
Old 12-25-2008, 05:15 PM   #32
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Why is everyone leaving Kid out? Is the assumption that we're letting him walk? He's not signing a one year deal.
Old 12-25-2008, 07:07 PM   #33
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Just makes Dirk bigger in my eyes, if that is possible.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 07:37 PM   #34
bobatundi
Golden Member

I don't see the Mavs committing significant money to Kidd beyond 2010 unless he somehow brings a championship to Dallas this season.
Old 12-25-2008, 08:08 PM   #35
basketballgirl25
Banned

basketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these parts

It will be interesting to see what mavs do with Kidd at the end of the season, what do you all think? Will the mavs lets him walk?

Why is Dirk willing taking a pay cut? everyone know's Bosh and Lebron are going to the Knicks in 2010, so dallas has no chance of winning anyway. hahaha ok just kidding about Bosh and Lebron to the Knicks, but everyone keeps telling me that
basketballgirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 08:43 PM   #36
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavier View Post
" ... I love this organization. Obviously, I want to win. I won the MVP, and individually, there's nothing really left but winning a championship.

"If that means I have to play for less money, it's all possible. It's all open."
I want Dirk to re-sign with the Mavs as much as the next fan, but people are linking the quote "I love this organization" with the last quote "If that means I have to play for less money, it's all possible. It's all open." Both the statements are true independently, but re-signing with the mavs for less money is a conclusion drawn by many that might not be true.

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 08:14 PM   #37
layupdrill

layupdrill is on a distinguished road

Joe Johnson in the Mavericks offense makes the most sense of potential free agents that will be available
layupdrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 08:53 PM   #38
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

Rudy gay will be a restricted free agent in '10 we would have to give them a counter offer maybe some cash from Dirk's pay cut and Josh will be a restricted free agent so will travis outlaw would that work for this team?
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 11:07 PM   #39
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by layupdrill View Post
Joe Johnson in the Mavericks offense makes the most sense of potential free agents that will be available
I love me some Joe Johnson...