Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-18-2008, 04:24 PM   #1
erdubya

erdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really nice
Default Christmas wishlist: Is 22 APG too much to ask?

At times this season, this offense has looked like the same old stagnant, ISO'd offense of years past. We started the season off right regarding pressure offense... Run on every miss... Run on half the makes. There was even more interior passing that we've seen lately. It was beautiful. Getting defensive stops seemed to be the team's main objective because it meant running and easy buckets on the other end. Then all of a sudden, it stopped.

Over the last few games, there's not much running, not much interior passing... not much passing at all for that matter. It seems like we're falling into our old habits of ISO'ing way too much.

I threw that number 22 APG out there because it seems most fluid, efficient offenses get close to that number of assists.

And I know the more pressing need for our beloved Mavs is getting defensive stops... but defensive stops relies on defensive intensity relies on player energy relies on player confidence relies on crowd participation relies on made baskets relies on easy shots relies on good passing.

I believe it's all cyclical and you have to start the cycle somewhere... why not better passing?

erdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
thread diarrhea