Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-03-2008, 04:20 AM   #1
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all
Default Barea Will Start

Just wanted to be first to say it.

Seriously though, doesn't Carlisle at least have to consider starting him at SG with Kidd as long as Wright and Howard are out?
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2008, 04:44 AM   #2
tgfan
Golden Member

tgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemablend View Post
Just wanted to be first to say it.

Seriously though, doesn't Carlisle at least have to consider starting him at SG with Kidd as long as Wright and Howard are out?
IMO, as long as JJB is the only guard that can or will get into the lane and break down defenses, yes, let him start, but not with Kidd but rather with JT. We need to be able to score early in the game, and JT is on fire. This business of always having to make a mad scramble out of a hole is not going to cut it, long term.
tgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 04:58 AM   #3
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

^ We're one of the best 1st quarter teams in the league.

The only examples of what you've mentioned so far this year are the Pacers and Clippers games.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 05:16 AM   #4
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still on the Gerald Green bandwagon. Green should keep starting, and should be our primary shooting guard IMO. Of all the "young" players we have, I really think Green is the only one with any real future in the NBA.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:23 AM   #5
dmack24

dmack24 will become famous soon enoughdmack24 will become famous soon enough

IMO Green and Singleton and Wright are not point scorers. Barea has proven time and time again that he can answer the call. Im kinda surprised we dont start him over kidd; kidd has not produced crap since arriving here. Barea can give you as much production in half the minutes kidd plays imagine if he were starting.
dmack24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:25 AM   #6
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmack24 View Post
IMO Green and Singleton and Wright are not point scorers. Barea has proven time and time again that he can answer the call. Im kinda surprised we dont start him over kidd; kidd has not produced crap since arriving here. Barea can give you as much production in half the minutes kidd plays imagine if he were starting.
Fail
Old 12-03-2008, 11:36 AM   #7
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I'm one of the biggest JJ Burrito homers around outside of Puerto Rico, but really? Don't be ridiculous.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:40 AM   #8
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Kidd is looking like he playing with a lack of effort sometimes though. I hope Barea showing him up fires him up a little. I want to see Kidd with with a little more passion.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:41 AM   #9
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

hahaa. wut. Awesome thread.

Green will be much better when JHo is back in the starting lineup too!
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:07 PM   #10
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Im kinda surprised we dont start him over kidd; kidd has not produced crap since arriving here. Barea can give you as much production in half the minutes kidd plays imagine if he were starting.

Did someone leave their webcam on when they posted?

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 12-03-2008 at 12:09 PM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:26 PM   #11
dmack24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidDaMonkey View Post
I'm one of the biggest JJ Burrito homers around outside of Puerto Rico, but really? Don't be ridiculous.
Did you watch Kidd even play yesterday? He could not even hit a basket if the rim were as big and wide as the ocean. Barea produces as many points as kidd does in half the time; look yourself. All Kidd has is defense and that is not enough anymore to warrant starting him. Wow big deal he played 32 minutes against the clips; had zero points and 4 steals; wow is that really what you want in your starting pg?
Old 12-03-2008, 12:30 PM   #12
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Wow I just looked at the tags and I saw "Delusions of grandeur" lol, I just learned about that earlier this morning in Psychology class lol
Old 12-03-2008, 12:31 PM   #13
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Did you watch Kidd even play yesterday? He could not even hit a basket if the rim were as big and wide as the ocean. Barea produces as many points as kidd does in half the time; look yourself. All Kidd has is defense and that is not enough anymore to warrant starting him. Wow big deal he played 32 minutes against the clips; had zero points and 4 steals; wow is that really what you want in your starting pg?

Old 12-03-2008, 12:32 PM   #14
dmack24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I find it odd you are ok with Kidds lack of productivity!
Old 12-03-2008, 12:41 PM   #15
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I find it odd you are ok with Kidds lack of productivity!
Hey, who had the game-winning assist?

Listen to Barea's breakdown of that last shot. Borrowing the words of TO, the Mavs can't pass the ball to themselves!

Is this ghost ball??
Old 12-03-2008, 12:43 PM   #16
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Barea needs to keep coming off the bench. He's provided a very nice spark for us.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:47 PM   #17
dmack24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
Hey, who had the game-winning assist?

Listen to Barea's breakdown of that last shot. Borrowing the words of TO, the Mavs can't pass the ball to themselves!
Wow!! Any half way decent PG would have made an assist like that; I really do not see what is so great about it. It was more of an impressive shot than it was a pass. I still say that if your pg can not put at least 10pts on the board in 30 minutes of game play he is not doing his job. Giving up assists and stealing only take you so far. Who would you wrather have Gilbert Arenas an avid scorer or Jason Kidd. I would argue that Gilbert is more of a threat than JK; I rest my case. Barea could be a scoring threat if this team uses him right. Have you noticed that we have been winning more since JJB has been given more minutes? Or is this just sure luck?Your right a team can not pass to itself; but Barreas assist rival Kidds at this point so it is a moot point.

Last edited by dmack24; 12-03-2008 at 12:49 PM.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:49 PM   #18
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I would argue that Gilbert is more of a threat than JK; I rest my case.
This may just be the most hilarious sentence I've ever read on this board.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 12-03-2008 at 12:49 PM.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:53 PM   #19
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Wow!! Any half way decent PG would have made an assist like that; I really do not see what is so great about it. It was more of an impressive shot than it was a pass. I still say that if your pg can not put at least 10pts on the board in 30 minutes of game play he is not doing his job. Giving up assists and stealing only take you so far. Who would you wrather have Gilbert Arenas an avid scorer or Jason Kidd. I would argue that Gilbert is more of a threat than JK; I rest my case. Barea could be a scoring threat if this team uses him right. Have you noticed that we have been winning more since JJB has been given more minutes? Or is this just sure luck?Your right a team can not pass to itself; but Barreas assist rival Kidds at this point so it is a moot point.

He avg 10ppg! 8APG 7.2 RPG 2.5 stl... Plays very solid defense! Barrea is coming up and perhaps one day could start. But you are barking up the wrong tree. Barrea gets abused quite often still on Defense. He has played well but he's not replacing Kidd as a starter period. Forget it.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:53 PM   #20
dmack24

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
You would wrather have a guy who struggles to give you ten points a night vs a guy who can put up 20 to 30 a night?
Old 12-03-2008, 12:55 PM   #21
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I would argue that it's NOT the most hilarious sentence you've ever read on this board... I rest my case!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 12-03-2008 at 12:55 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:01 PM   #22
dmack24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
He avg 10ppg! 8APG 7.2 RPG 2.5 stl... Plays very solid defense! Barrea is coming up and perhaps one day could start. But you are barking up the wrong tree. Barrea gets abused quite often still on Defense. He has played well but he's not replacing Kidd as a starter period. Forget it.
After that last game i doubt Kidd will have around the ppg average.

You are right and I have openly admitted that Kidd has better defense than Barrea; but what do you expect? Barrea has hardly seen any minutes; and when he does he performs.
Barrea plays half the minutes and gives up almost as many assists as Kidd; last night was a perfect example. You and I both know if we did not have Barrea in last nights game we would have lost! Period! Jason Kidd was virtually invisible yesterday and was imo expendable. He had 0 points was 0-11 shooting and had 4 steals which is really nice; and only 8 assists. That is not enough production. Then you have Barea that virtually hit almost every shot he took; had 6 assists and 15pts and no steals and in ten minutes less than what kidd had to do. If Kidd does not step it up I will keep my thought process as it currently stands. The only thing I see is our W's going up the more we play Barrea and when we dont I see L's.

I agree with what one of the other posters stated. It is the combination of Barrea and Jet that is helping us through these tough times and not Jet and kidd

Last edited by dmack24; 12-03-2008 at 01:04 PM.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:15 PM   #23
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You are right and I have openly admitted that Kidd has better defense than Barrea;
oh come on! Don't sell Barea so short (heh, heh). Do you remember who was playing defense against Baron Davis's last second miss last night?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap2Z0...eature=related

We've been looking for someone to contain big guards like Davis, and I think we have him. JJB could probably score from the center position, too.

Last edited by Usually Lurkin; 12-03-2008 at 01:16 PM.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:24 PM   #24
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
oh come on! Don't sell Barea so short (heh, heh). Do you remember who was playing defense against Baron Davis's last second miss last night?

We've been looking for someone to contain big guards like Davis, and I think we have him. JJB could probably score from the center position, too.

I agree with everything except this... :28+ secs in. Not so good at scoring from the center position on that one.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:26 PM   #25
dmack24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post

IT was a bit odd but the clips did not have an answer to our 3 guard combo.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:11 PM   #26
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

If only we had 5 Bareas...

Is this ghost ball??
Old 12-03-2008, 02:12 PM   #27
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

This board is being infested with all kinds of stupid.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:15 PM   #28
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

dmack24 is accumulating invisible neg reps
Old 12-03-2008, 02:17 PM   #29
LonghornDub

Quote:
You would wrather have a guy who struggles to give you ten points a night vs a guy who can put up 20 to 30 a night?
It wasn't the content of the sentence (although I disagree with that, too). It was the way you sort of generally introduced an argument, but instead of supporting the argument, you elected instead to just say "I rest my case" and leave it at that.

Old 12-03-2008, 02:19 PM   #30
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It wasn't the content of the sentence (although I disagree with that, too). It was the way you sort of generally introduced an argument, but instead of supporting the argument, you elected instead to just say "I rest my case" and leave it at that.
PB&J is better than Grilled Cheese; I rest my case.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:19 PM   #31
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

Quote:
Wow!! Any half way decent PG would have made an assist like that; I really do not see what is so great about it. It was more of an impressive shot than it was a pass.
Wow!! Any half way decent NBA player would have made a wide-open shot like that; I really do not see what is so great about it. It was more of an impressive pass than it was a shot because the shooter got the ball in rhythm and in position to quickly release.

I rest my case.

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 12-03-2008 at 02:21 PM. Reason: for decisiveness!
Old 12-03-2008, 02:27 PM   #32
vashjan

vashjan will become famous soon enoughvashjan will become famous soon enough

Barea needs to come off the bench with Jet and Singleton, Diop & Bass..very good second unit..keep defensive pressure and some scoring..
Old 12-03-2008, 02:47 PM   #33
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I don't have anything constructive to add, but "wrather"? That's not even a typo. That's just dumb.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:51 PM   #34
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
PB&J is better than Grilled Cheese; I rest my case.
JJB is better than PB&J; I rest my case and my tired head.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:56 PM   #35
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

JJB does not rest his case... he Devin Harrises it.

Is this ghost ball??
Old 12-03-2008, 03:02 PM   #36
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Devin Harris is the best basketball player in the world. I rest my case.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:05 PM   #37
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidDaMonkey View Post
I don't have anything constructive to add, but "wrather"? That's not even a typo. That's just dumb.
Damn I over wlooked that one.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:41 PM   #38
dmack24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
Wow!! Any half way decent NBA player would have made a wide-open shot like that; I really do not see what is so great about it. It was more of an impressive pass than it was a shot because the shooter got the ball in rhythm and in position to quickly release.

I rest my case.
Jason Kidd could not have made that shot I rest my case!
Old 12-03-2008, 03:51 PM   #39
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I actually got more of a laugh out of the "I rest my case" followed by additional, nonsensical rambling. The way I've always understood it (from over a decade of watching Law & Order), once I rest my case, that means I'm done arguing.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:52 PM   #40
LSMF
Diamond Member

Quote:
Jason Kidd could not have made that shot I rest my case!
Prove it

Tags
delusions of grandeur, epic fail, holy crap it came true, sike's wife, thread diarrhea