Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-14-2009, 11:32 AM   #1
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rodrigue Beaubois development thread

Just saw we dont have a general Boobie thread? So here it is. His development, his leaks, his minutes...

Now with Josh out for long time i wonder who will get most of the starting spots, Ross or Boobie. And will he get pulled out often early after a start and Barea will play the rest of the game? I hope RC will keep on throwing him inside...

Last edited by sefant77; 11-14-2009 at 11:33 AM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2009, 12:27 PM   #2
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Rodrigue Beaubois appreciation thread in disguise?

From the games I've been able to watch, he has surprisingly poor handles. Not sure if it's just because he's nervous, sloppy, or actually unskilled. Anyway, assuming his head is on straight, I think he will see increasing playing time... because Carlisle wants to make sure that he's ready to play in a 4-guard lineup at critical moments during the playoffs.
iella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 01:38 PM   #3
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly, he can't be worse than Buckner or Wright or JJB or any of the other 2s we've thrown out there to start the past few years... and we would have by far the best 6th/7th man combo with JET and Howard.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 02:03 PM   #4
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Roddy suffers from some the the same stuff we saw when Devin Harris was a rookie...blinding speed that he does not yet know how to moderate... ideas for passes but not quite the skill to execute them. Problem for Harris the rookie is the way Nellie jerked him around, in part because he was pissed he lost his real son, Steve Nash. We have to hope that RC has the coaching skill to bring him along without screwing up his head like Nellie and Avery did DH.

Pop was able to coach the rookie Tony Parker to a championship in his 1st year. Roddy may have as much talent, but he's more raw. The ball is in RC's court to develop him. I think starting him in JHo's absence is a great move. We will need his speed when the playoffs roll around
Old 11-14-2009, 05:53 PM   #5
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

I would rather us start Ross and see more Roddy and less JJB
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 06:24 PM   #6
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Roddy or Ross should start. Once Howard comes back, he should come off the bench. Our bench is too weak otherwise.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 07:25 PM   #7
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

We better not F up with Roddy B like we did Devin Harris.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 08:51 PM   #8
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm. Just found this on YouTube. Appears to be a snippet of Roddy footage that I know I haven't seen before. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AiEyw2NCgE

edit: Also, if anyone wants to go back and watch Roddy's 34 point summer league game, here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDIcb...eature=related. You have to sift through some scrub highlights, but all of Roddy's points are in there, or at least most of them.

Last edited by tcat075; 11-14-2009 at 09:01 PM.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 02:18 AM   #9
toby451

toby451 will become famous soon enough

I would love to see less JJ. 10 or so minutes a game tops is best for this team. I like JJ, I really do, but you just cant play small ball in the NBA if you want to win.

I would start Boobie, and see how he is doing that night. Rookies seem to be very sporadic, if he is too sloppy that night, give him a few minutes to get it right, and pull him if he doesn't. Give Ross some of JJ's burn and maybe even a minute or 2 of JET's to keep him fresh, unless you are desperate for scoring that night.

Personally, I would not be against giving roddy 20-24 minutes a night, even if it cost the team a couple games right now. That speed and athleticism is just something this team does not have. Small sample size, but I like his 3 ball as well, 40% on the year.

Last edited by toby451; 11-15-2009 at 02:20 AM.
toby451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 07:39 AM   #10
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

I think its for him way better to get quality minutes with the starters and maybe get also from time to time badly burned by his opponent player than playing in crappy chaotic garbage time...
Old 11-15-2009, 02:33 PM   #11
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Thing with Roddy compared to Devin Harris is that Roddy's jumper as a rook is waaay better than devin's as a rook. Devin could not hit jacksh*t if it wasn't a layup and he even missed a lot of layups because he was going 100Mph. And then Devin consistently got blocked because he didn't have the strength to finish. That was why it was so good to see Devin later on knocking down J's from all over the court and dunking on players bigger than him...

My issues right now with Roddy are that he doesn't seem to be able to run a team, yes I know its only the start of the season. But it seems to me that he's more comfortable right now scoring than setting up plays and distributing. The other minor issue I have with him is that he doesn't seem to show any emotion. I wanna see the desire in his eyes when he plays, I want to see in his face that he's trying his hardest to prove that he's a legit player in this league.

And Btw, when all is said and done, And Roddy is getting really good, he better not get traded like "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named". And Im not talking about Lord Vodemort lol
Old 11-15-2009, 03:17 PM   #12
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
And Btw, when all is said and done, And Roddy is getting really good, he better not get traded like "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named". And Im not talking about Lord Vodemort lol
You mean the guy you named several times in your post?
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 03:39 PM   #13
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
You mean the guy you named several times in your post?
Yea I know I named him several times in the post but if I said "Rodrigue Beaubois better not get traded the way we traded Devin Harris" it usually sparks criticism towards me and i usually end up getting negative repped.

Last edited by LSMF; 11-15-2009 at 03:39 PM.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 04:21 PM   #14
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yea I know I named him several times in the post but if I said "Rodrigue Beaubois better not get traded the way we traded Devin Harris" it usually sparks criticism towards me and i usually end up getting negative repped.
+neg rep for bringing it up

seriously though, do you think we would have drafted Roddy B if we still had Devin? What if Roddy becomes better or, at the very least, is way less injury prone?

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 11-15-2009 at 04:21 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 04:49 PM   #15
LSMF
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
+neg rep for bringing it up

seriously though, do you think we would have drafted Roddy B if we still had Devin? What if Roddy becomes better or, at the very least, is way less injury prone?
Why the hell should I get Negative rep for bringing it up?! I love how you seem to always want to paint me as the bad guy but you've really outdone yourself this time. Im getting negative rep for comparing Beaubois to Devin Harris? Seriously dude? I didn't whine about the trade, I didn't say anything about Jason Kidd, I didn't have any intentions of starting any arguments and yet I still get Negative repped. This is really amazing, now I can see that you're just looking for any reason to negative rep me.
Old 11-15-2009, 05:14 PM   #16
sefant77
Guru

Yeah guys, trying hard to f*ck with Boobies karma, huh?
Old 11-15-2009, 08:29 PM   #17
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 08:35 PM   #18
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Should i start a "Give Roddy more minutes" thread or should we just blend it in on this one?

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 08:42 PM   #19
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

We could always just make a Roddy Appreciation Thread...that's my vote.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:49 PM   #20
fluid.forty.one

I love this kid.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:11 PM   #21
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Why the hell should I get Negative rep for bringing it up?! I love how you seem to always want to paint me as the bad guy but you've really outdone yourself this time. Im getting negative rep for comparing Beaubois to Devin Harris? Seriously dude? I didn't whine about the trade, I didn't say anything about Jason Kidd, I didn't have any intentions of starting any arguments and yet I still get Negative repped. This is really amazing, now I can see that you're just looking for any reason to negative rep me.

+neg rep for the comparison agian

Seriously though Roddy dominated out there tonight. The defense and the passing impressed me the most.
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 10:19 PM   #22
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Piston fan on Roddy

"But the most frustrating question of the night is: WHO THE F IS RODRIQUE BEAUBOIS AND WHY IS HE BEATING THE PISTONS SINGLE-HANDEDLY?!? That dude was the first-quarter offense, and the guy who gave the lead back to the Mavs in the third quarter. He's the MVP of this one"

hahaha
Old 11-15-2009, 10:21 PM   #23
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

Glad to see Roddy get a pair of steals in this game. He didn't have any on the year so far, but he looks like he has the tools to be a ball-hawk.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 11:30 PM   #24
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

The layup finish after the first steal was awesome, glided right past stucky to the hoop.

He looks great for coming from level 2 France league to the NBA. If he can build his confidence and his stamina, I don't see any reason he won't be in the rotation.

Outside of Dirk and maybe Terry, Roddy can put up more points than anyone else on the team. What is his per 48 points stat, it's gotta be in the 30's!!

Love the kid, hope to see him and Jennings go at it!!
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:17 AM   #25
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish22 View Post
Piston fan on Roddy

"But the most frustrating question of the night is: WHO THE F IS RODRIQUE BEAUBOIS AND WHY IS HE BEATING THE PISTONS SINGLE-HANDEDLY?!? That dude was the first-quarter offense, and the guy who gave the lead back to the Mavs in the third quarter. He's the MVP of this one"

hahaha
Awesome. Looks like the Frenchman can play. Last night was a pretty huge step forward for him IMO. All of this bs about him going to the D League just got flushed down the toilet with the Detroit game. 14 pts, 4 ass, 2 stls, 100% fg and 3pt % in 19 minutes with a +13. D League my ass.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:19 AM   #26
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Great to see Robo out there last night. Man, the kid can certainly play and looked so comfortable on the break.

More minutes for the young fella. He was making things happen on the court.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:16 PM   #27
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

TO RODDY B and more minutes!!!

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 02:40 PM   #28
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

It's great to see us with our own Frenchman...that actually contributes!!!

Last edited by 92bDad; 11-16-2009 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Typo
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 02:50 PM   #29
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien View Post
Great to see Robo out there last night. Man, the kid can certainly play and looked so comfortable on the break.

More minutes for the young fella. He was making things happen on the court.
His comfort level is key, I think. The first few games he played, there was either a deer-in-headlights look or I-don't-even-know-what-I'm-supposed-to-be-doing-out-here look. Against the Pistons, it was more of the beginnings of a fear-me-you-suckers look. Very good to see.
iella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 03:58 PM   #30
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
Roddy suffers from some the the same stuff we saw when Devin Harris was a rookie...blinding speed that he does not yet know how to moderate... ideas for passes but not quite the skill to execute them. Problem for Harris the rookie is the way Nellie jerked him around, in part because he was pissed he lost his real son, Steve Nash. We have to hope that RC has the coaching skill to bring him along without screwing up his head like Nellie and Avery did DH.

Pop was able to coach the rookie Tony Parker to a championship in his 1st year. Roddy may have as much talent, but he's more raw. The ball is in RC's court to develop him. I think starting him in JHo's absence is a great move. We will need his speed when the playoffs roll around
G-Man...did you like how under-control he seems to be becoming? I don't see the mad helter-skelter dash into the teeth of the defense, much more probing and under control. In fact..he's looking a little more under control than JJB and he's doing the same things.

Very, very interesting. 57% from 3-point land. And it does not exactly look forced. Whew...

Devin Harris with a shot????
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 04:21 PM   #31
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

Quote:
.... Devin Harris...

+neg rep!
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 04:30 PM   #32
badfish22
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robillion View Post
+neg rep!
Careful he actually gave me +neg rep when I said that.

BEAT LA
Old 11-16-2009, 05:01 PM   #33
badfish22
Golden Member

From Kelly Dwyer on Ball don't lie/ Yahoo sports

"Beaubois needs to play more. There's no way around it. He's a lockdown defender who didn't miss from the floor in this game in six tries (hitting both attempts from behind the arc), and yet he lost time to Jose Juan Barea(notes) and Jason Terry(notes) (who combined to miss 10 of 13 shots from the floor) in the second half, with Dallas coach Rick Carlisle even going to a three-guard lineup with Jason Kidd in the hope of slowing down Will Bynum. Beaubois is averaging nearly seven points per game this season in single digit minutes per game.

Rick needs to calibrate his late-game lineups better, essentially doing the opposite of what I just asked of Detroit coach John Kuester ... but not really. Jason Terry has a long history of shooting and playing well, but he wasn't on this night. Leave him out there, even though it's possible that the veteran Terry might play worse from game to game. Barea? Come on. The guy was getting torched."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...urn=nba,202789

AGREED.

BEAT LA
Old 11-16-2009, 05:04 PM   #34
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Damn, I was about to post that in the Pistons thread lol.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:05 PM   #35
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish22 View Post
From Kelly Dwyer on Ball don't lie/ Yahoo sports

"Beaubois needs to play more. There's no way around it. He's a lockdown defender who didn't miss from the floor in this game in six tries (hitting both attempts from behind the arc), and yet he lost time to Jose Juan Barea(notes) and Jason Terry(notes) (who combined to miss 10 of 13 shots from the floor) in the second half, with Dallas coach Rick Carlisle even going to a three-guard lineup with Jason Kidd in the hope of slowing down Will Bynum. Beaubois is averaging nearly seven points per game this season in single digit minutes per game.

Rick needs to calibrate his late-game lineups better, essentially doing the opposite of what I just asked of Detroit coach John Kuester ... but not really. Jason Terry has a long history of shooting and playing well, but he wasn't on this night. Leave him out there, even though it's possible that the veteran Terry might play worse from game to game. Barea? Come on. The guy was getting torched."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...urn=nba,202789

AGREED.
I'm very, very excited about Roddy. But Roddy is hardly a lock down defender at this point. He certainly has the tools to be, but he's anything but at this point. He was not good defensively last night, his nice steals aside.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:05 PM   #36
Alykhan04

Alykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to all

Roddy is LEGIT.
Alykhan04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:18 PM   #37
tcat075
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I'm very, very excited about Roddy. But Roddy is hardly a lock down defender at this point. He certainly has the tools to be, but he's anything but at this point. He was not good defensively last night, his nice steals aside.
You care retracting that? He may not be "lock down", but he is good.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:25 PM   #38
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
You care retracting that? He may not be "lock down", but he is good.
Yeah, We haven't seen enough for him to say what he is or isn't but what we have seen is that he is pretty damn good and learning quickly.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 04:26 AM   #39
toby451

toby451 will become famous soon enough

My favorite fact of the Bucks game.

We got a glimpse of that against Jennings, who had only one field goal in Beaubois' 24 minutes.

He shot 8 for 22. Only 1 shot made while Roddy was playing. Too small a sample to say roddy is all nba defense team, but it shows what he could be, if he wants it.
toby451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 06:03 AM   #40
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
i am generally more quick than most to dismiss unfounded claims of great D, but roddy looked really good against both detroit and milwaukee defensively. He struggles with the pick and roll but i attribute that more to a team defensive issue than anything with him personally. Also lets add that his defensive standard isnt very high. His competition for minutes is jj barrea who is simply awful defensively.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
"boo boo", broussard mav hater, b_o_r_i_n_g, doghouse, easy win, employé numéro huit, flying frenchman, free roddy b's foot, jeff's vagina monologues, mikefisherhypemachine, myroddybucketisfull, overrated pos, roddy = rondo but better, rudy!rudy!rudy!, the future, wankingoff to roddy vid