Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-22-2009, 03:19 AM   #81
DLord

DLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
I never understood either how that trade with OKC (our #24 for their #25 + future 2nd) worked without the small risk that OKC draft Boobie for themself...
1. There was no risk whatsoever. It was not a blind trade situation where the Mavs had to guess at who OKC might pick, because the Mavs (not OKC) were the ones sending the selection to the league. OKC wanted Mullens.

The Mavs - as well as any team trading in that situation - would have said: "We'll make that trade, provided you aren't wanting us to select for you the guy we're most interested in taking."

2. Why would OKC still make that deal, if they then knew that Dallas was not going to pick Mullens? Because they had to fear that if they didn't trade, Dallas could instead swap with some other team (for example, with whoever was picking 26th or 27th or 28th) who would then grab Mullens.

For all we know, the Mavs at that point actually had multiple teams trying to trade with them and grab Mullens, and decided that the safest route was to simply take a 2nd from OKC and slide back a single slot, which left them in no danger at all of losing the chance to pick Bobo.
DLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2009, 03:26 AM   #82
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Americans in general really don't appreciate how tough it is to work in a foreign language. I had a japanese friend who was extremely fluent in english. However he said that even he missed about 50-60% of a conversation. Really tough to get there.
Ya I understand that. Wasn't meant as a bash or anything. He'll picck it up more as he goes on

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 01:09 PM   #83
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish22 View Post
Ya I understand that. Wasn't meant as a bash or anything. He'll picck it up more as he goes on
Nor I conversely. Just a comment that I've always found interesting.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 02:53 PM   #84
Mavericknyc1980

Mavericknyc1980 is on a distinguished road

I really like Roddy but I feel he is going to be our future 2 guard, while that PG Catheral????? that is playing overseas is going to be our future PG.
Mavericknyc1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:08 PM   #85
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLord View Post
1. There was no risk whatsoever. It was not a blind trade situation where the Mavs had to guess at who OKC might pick, because the Mavs (not OKC) were the ones sending the selection to the league. OKC wanted Mullens.

The Mavs - as well as any team trading in that situation - would have said: "We'll make that trade, provided you aren't wanting us to select for you the guy we're most interested in taking."

2. Why would OKC still make that deal, if they then knew that Dallas was not going to pick Mullens? Because they had to fear that if they didn't trade, Dallas could instead swap with some other team (for example, with whoever was picking 26th or 27th or 28th) who would then grab Mullens.

For all we know, the Mavs at that point actually had multiple teams trying to trade with them and grab Mullens, and decided that the safest route was to simply take a 2nd from OKC and slide back a single slot, which left them in no danger at all of losing the chance to pick Bobo.
Thanks, thats the simple point i missed, OKC in fear that someone trade up with Dallas to get Mullins before OKC.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:41 PM   #86
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericknyc1980 View Post
I really like Roddy but I feel he is going to be our future 2 guard, while that PG Catheral????? that is playing overseas is going to be our future PG.

Nick Calathes
?
iella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 06:20 PM   #87
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericknyc1980 View Post
Could be. Calathes at 6'5 is big enough to guard 2's. Of course it remains to be seen if he's a starting NBA point guard.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:42 PM   #88
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Nick Calethes is a stud, and may well be the best player we picked up in this draft.

Let that sink in.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:55 PM   #89
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

I have no opinion on Calathes, but my boss is a Gator alum and he says Nick is a worthless ball hog.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 11:54 PM   #90
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

I know exactly nothing about Nick Calathes, except that I've heard once or twice he was the best PG in the draft (which begs the question, why did he go in the second round?). Anyone care to enlighten me?
Old 11-23-2009, 08:35 AM   #91
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackAttack View Post
I know exactly nothing about Nick Calathes, except that I've heard once or twice he was the best PG in the draft (which begs the question, why did he go in the second round?). Anyone care to enlighten me?
Best PG in the draft is a huge stretch, considering the kind of PG's that went in this year's draft. But he went in the second round because he had already signed on to play overseas before the draft. I've read speculation that he'll be over there at least two years, maybe three.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:49 PM   #92
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

Nick Calathes' (or Kalathis in Greek) stats for Panathinaikos in Greece.

http://www.eurobasket.com/player.asp...layerID=135959
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 04:19 PM   #93
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackAttack View Post
Not sure about 1st but he was ranked 6th overall in Hollinger's pre draft ratings (3rd among PG's behind Lawson and Curry).
Old 11-23-2009, 04:40 PM   #94
particleman

particleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud of

Don't think anyone has linked to this yet: http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/col...tim&id=4681420

The interview on Galloway & Co. is particularly interesting. Haven't finished yet but Carlisle says something to the affect of "If Roddy's minutes get up in the 20-25 range that's good for us because it means Kidd's minutes are down." Thought that was very interesting considering he hasn't really played point guard much yet.

Edit: Also this: "Step one is getting him acclimated to the game, and being in there with Jason has been perfect with him," assistant coach Monte Mathis said. "Now it's getting him to the point where he can be in there without Jason and run the team. That's the next step in his development."

So it definitely looks like Dallas envisions Roddy as their PG of the future, not a 2 guard..

Last edited by particleman; 11-23-2009 at 05:03 PM.
particleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 06:09 PM   #95
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Nick Calethes is a stud, and may well be the best player we picked up in this draft.

Let that sink in.
he isnt the best player we picked up in this draft.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 05:37 PM   #96
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

i thought this was a cool pic

BEAT LA
Old 11-24-2009, 06:02 PM   #97
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by particleman View Post
Don't think anyone has linked to this yet: http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/col...tim&id=4681420

The interview on Galloway & Co. is particularly interesting. Haven't finished yet but Carlisle says something to the affect of "If Roddy's minutes get up in the 20-25 range that's good for us because it means Kidd's minutes are down." Thought that was very interesting considering he hasn't really played point guard much yet.

Edit: Also this: "Step one is getting him acclimated to the game, and being in there with Jason has been perfect with him," assistant coach Monte Mathis said. "Now it's getting him to the point where he can be in there without Jason and run the team. That's the next step in his development."

So it definitely looks like Dallas envisions Roddy as their PG of the future, not a 2 guard..
To me, I never thought of Roddy B as a 2 guard. He is too small. I see him to be like Harris, Rondo, Parker, Ellis etc. I would go as far to say that I believe RoddyB has more of a "quarterback" potential than all of those mentioned. If groomed right, especially under Kidd, I can definitely see RoddyB as our PG of the future. We need to be much bigger in the guard(wing) position, and we need more speed and athleticism in our point position.

Last edited by Robillion; 11-24-2009 at 06:04 PM.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 02:27 AM   #98
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

May I have a Roddy update from last night against GS? I missed the game, want to know how he did.

His stat line is a little disappointing...3-8 from the floor, 0-3 threes, a couple turnovers and only 2 boards and an assist.

Was his jumper just off, or what?
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 02:28 AM   #99
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

i thought this was a cool pic
How does Kidd look so much taller than Roddy in that picture? Roddy's 6'2" and Kidd's 6'4"...its only two inches, but it looks more like 4.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:38 AM   #100
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Kidd's a bit closer to the camera.

Very cool pic. Looks like Windmill sig in the making.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:36 PM   #101
aurelino9

aurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to all

Beaubois is 6'0'' according to NBA.com
aurelino9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 03:38 PM   #102
badfish22
Golden Member

Yeah but he isn't. Not sure where nba.com got that.
Draft Measurments:
Height w/o Shoes Height w/shoes
6' 1.25" 6' 2.25"

BEAT LA
Old 11-25-2009, 05:50 PM   #103
tcat075
Diamond Member

Roddy will be 6'0" the same time JJB is 6'0".

For rather obscure point guards, 6'0" is the de facto measurement that NBA.com puts, regardless of whether it is true or not.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:40 PM   #104
badfish22
Golden Member

His arm is at Ellis' head without even jumping lol

BEAT LA

Last edited by badfish22; 11-25-2009 at 07:43 PM.
Old 11-26-2009, 01:56 AM   #105
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

He bricked his last 7 threes, i remember several in&out.

Hope he gets his touch soon back.

That pass to Hump at the end of the game was pretty nice. And the steal were he left Lowry behind. Devin Harris speed.

Last edited by sefant77; 11-26-2009 at 01:57 AM.
Old 11-26-2009, 12:24 PM   #106
DirktyBlue

DirktyBlue is just really niceDirktyBlue is just really niceDirktyBlue is just really niceDirktyBlue is just really niceDirktyBlue is just really niceDirktyBlue is just really nice

I see Roddy getting a steady diet of minutes through the season. I feel he could make a big splash in the playoffs if developed properly and I am pretty sure Rick and co are prepping him for that.
DirktyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 04:59 PM   #107
Mavericknyc1980

Mavericknyc1980 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
Not sure about 1st but he was ranked 6th overall in Hollinger's pre draft ratings (3rd among PG's behind Lawson and Curry).

I know he was rated ahead of Rubio. Hollinger loved him. If developed right we got two explosive young talents from that draft.
Mavericknyc1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 05:54 AM   #108
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
May I have a Roddy update from last night against GS? I missed the game, want to know how he did.

His stat line is a little disappointing...3-8 from the floor, 0-3 threes, a couple turnovers and only 2 boards and an assist.

Was his jumper just off, or what?
The first two was in&out, the third was a bad shot if i remember correctly... He'll be allright, last night he made two of three. He has a good (not great) jumper, and definitely has the potential to be a very good jumpshooter. With that kind of speed and athleticism, he would be a special player.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 09:48 AM   #109
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

It was great to see Carlisle getting all over the rook.....because that means he expects big things from him.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:43 PM   #110
badfish22
Golden Member

http://dimemag.com/2009/12/my-candid...-dunk-contest/

Quote:
Rodrigue Beaubois
The Dallas natives need someone to cheer for in the dunk contest and looking at the Mavericks roster there is only one person who could hold his own, Rodrigue Beaubois. The Mavericks organization have been raving about Beaubois since they drafted him. He’s 6′0 with a 6′10 wingspan and a 40 inch vertical, in other words he has the measurements to be a dunk contest stud. Beaubois can be the hometown hero for the Mavericks fans to pull for and can give Jason Kidd an outlet to show his passing ability during all star weekend. American Mikhail Prokhorov said he will be lobbying to get Roddy B {seriously even Rodrigue has a nickname, Rudy needs one and Air Spain is unacceptable} in the dunk contest and with the game in Dallas Mark Cuban will probably get what he wants.
Agreed.

BEAT LA
Old 12-03-2009, 09:50 PM   #111
chumdawg
Guru

That's an excellent idea!
Old 12-03-2009, 10:46 PM   #112
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

How do you guys think Roddy would do in a slam dunk contest? I know he has the leaping ability but does he have the creativity? Dunking off lobs is a totally different story from creating your own dunk in front of thousands of people...
Old 12-03-2009, 10:57 PM   #113
badfish22
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
How do you guys think Roddy would do in a slam dunk contest? I know he has the leaping ability but does he have the creativity? Dunking off lobs is a totally different story from creating your own dunk in front of thousands of people...
Ya thats a tought call. I heard somewhere about him doing crazy dunks in practice, but I don't know about in a packed arena.

And homerism aside, I would like it more if the Dunk contest was fill with well known players and stars. Like Lebron and Wade. Shannon Brown would be cool though.

BEAT LA
Old 12-03-2009, 11:39 PM   #114
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Ya thats a tought call. I heard somewhere about him doing crazy dunks in practice, but I don't know about in a packed arena.

And homerism aside, I would like it more if the Dunk contest was fill with well known players and stars. Like Lebron and Wade. Shannon Brown would be cool though.
They should have fans vote 'em in.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:03 AM   #115
sefant77
Guru

I never gave much about that contest.

And if James is doing the contest then its not a competition anymore, even if James screw up 2/3 of his dunks.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:33 AM   #116
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

James won't put his ego aside to do the dunk competition. IF he did I would be utterly surprised. He can't blame anyone else for a loss in the dunk comp, like he can blame his team for losing in the finals.

But yeh, I think Roddy is developing greatly.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 11:34 AM   #117
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

Anyone think it's too early to invest into buying a Beaubois jersey? (I don't mean invest as in buy it, hold it, and sell it. Just having one) The only reason I ask is because I don't want him to end up sucking for some reason, going to the D-League, or get traded and I'm stuck with a Beaubois jersey. I'm pretty confident that he's the real deal and I should get it. Anyone else's thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 12:39 PM   #118
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Anyone think it's too early to invest into buying a Beaubois jersey? (I don't mean invest as in buy it, hold it, and sell it. Just having one) The only reason I ask is because I don't want him to end up sucking for some reason, going to the D-League, or get traded and I'm stuck with a Beaubois jersey. I'm pretty confident that he's the real deal and I should get it. Anyone else's thoughts?
I'd wait until next season starts, personally. The Mavs are going to be fielding a lot of calls this seasons and off season for Damp, Josh and others. And if a sweetheart deal comes along, I fully expect for the other team to demand Roddy.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 01:08 PM   #119
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

But would it become a valuable collectors item if he were traded and becomes a star and you still have the Mavs Roddy jersay? Plus you have instant cred because of your superior intuition if you kept it.

I say go buy it.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 01:14 PM   #120
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
no it is not!!! I have a Wang Zhi Zhi mav's jersey, and it is by far my favorite thing.

edit: 3 or 4 years from now, when you show up to halloween as Rookie Roddy Booby, 2 or 3 people will be greatly impressed. This will be true whether he bombs or explodes.

Last edited by Usually Lurkin; 12-04-2009 at 01:20 PM.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
"boo boo", broussard mav hater, b_o_r_i_n_g, doghouse, easy win, employé numéro huit, flying frenchman, free roddy b's foot, jeff's vagina monologues, mikefisherhypemachine, myroddybucketisfull, overrated pos, roddy = rondo but better, rudy!rudy!rudy!, the future, wankingoff to roddy vid