Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-31-2011, 12:01 AM   #1
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute
Default FINALS Game 1: Mavs @ Heat

Here we go.

How perfect is this story? It's unbelievable that we're back in Miami trying to fix what happened in 2006.… This feels like fate.

We may be facing two of the best players in the NBA and a very, very good defense… but I don't see the fire in their eyes like I do when I look at Kidd, Dirk, Terry, Marion, Chandler and the rest of these Mavs.

These Mavs are hungry. These Mavs want was taken from them 5 years ago.. They want blood. We have a better coaching staff, a better bench, better starting center, better starting point guard and, most importantly, we have The Ghostface Drilla.

It's good vs evil, ladies and gentlemen. The Heat's time may come, but our time is NOW.

3 more wins after tonight. Go Mavs!

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 05-31-2011 at 12:03 AM.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2011, 12:02 AM   #2
beatLA

beatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the rough

Finally...
Kill 'em.

Last edited by beatLA; 05-31-2011 at 12:20 AM.
beatLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:02 AM   #3
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

It is ON!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:02 AM   #4
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatLA View Post
Finally...

This x1000
Old 05-31-2011, 12:03 AM   #5
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

In the words of Michael Buffer.

LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Old 05-31-2011, 12:04 AM   #6
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Indeed, finally...

Beyond excited and hopeful. This has to be meant to be and would be the greatest possible joy for any Mavs fan.

Go Mavs!
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:05 AM   #7
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

LETS GO!!!!

Im so excited and nervous!
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:11 AM   #8
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.mavsfastbreak.com/2011/05...underdog-role/
Old 05-31-2011, 12:12 AM   #9
Scott McGuire

Scott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to behold

I've been on life support basically with reading quotes and articles.... I'm so tired of no Basketball....

Start is off right. Lets see how LeBron defends Dirk.

Mavs win.
Scott McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:14 AM   #10
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hells freakin yeah.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:16 AM   #11
robo98564

robo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of light

i have a boner...
robo98564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:21 AM   #12
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wwiWNCEphA
Old 05-31-2011, 12:22 AM   #13
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

this need to start already I'm basketball deprived. Plus if I see one more non fan ask if Dirk can defend James I'm going to punch someone.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:23 AM   #14
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Stomp them bitches right outta the gate.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:23 AM   #15
hotsauce

hotsauce will become famous soon enough

Boner? Haha, smh... In all honesty though, i don't think i have ever been this excited to see my mavs. Here's hoping for a fast start; that we do not lose our composure; and that we may continue to close out games in a clutch manner. Do this and i see no problem winning today. LETS Go!!!!!!!!!!!
hotsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:25 AM   #16
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Let's rob these overrated sons of bitches of home court and take the first step to OUR Larry O'Brien trophy!

LETS GO MAVS!!!

MFFL.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:27 AM   #17
jetron26
Banned

jetron26 can only hope to improve

NBA Finals 2011 Miami Heat vs Dallas Mavericks - Game 1

Watch Live Stream on http://www.clybs.com/x/QAwJRV

-------------------------------------------------

This is an special site that made for the fans of dallas mavericks.
jetron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:28 AM   #18
fluid.forty.one

Honestly, can you imagine the Mavs first championship happening with Dirk NOT on the team?

There is only one reasonable way this can end. Basketball Gods, be kind.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:32 AM   #19
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

I feel good about this because unlike 2006 this year has been good to me so I expect it to be a good year for my Mavs.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:47 AM   #20
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Please Mavs, help me shut these Heat fans the up.

Mavs 323
Heat 89

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 05-31-2011 at 05:17 AM.
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:52 AM   #21
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

LetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant future

Old 05-31-2011, 01:02 AM   #22
esoteric562

esoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to all

i'm so HYPE for the finals, finally! LETS GO MAVS
esoteric562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:03 AM   #23
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

2011 Mavs = 2007 Spurs

Playing the part of the 2007 Golden State Warriors, we have the 2011 Memphis Grizzlies. The 2007 Utah Jazz are represented by the 2011 Oklahoma City Thunder. And then you have the 2007 Cleveland Cavaliers played by the 2011 Miami cHeat.

Mavs of course lost as the #1 seed to the Warriors. Warriors lost in the 2nd round to the #4 seed Jazz. The #3 seed Spurs knocked off the #2 seed in the 2nd round and dispatched the Jazz in 5 games in the WCF before sweeping LeDouche in the Finals.

This year, the Spurs lost as the #1 seed to Memphis. Grizzlies then lost in the 2nd round to the #4 seed Thunder. Mavs, like the Spurs in 2007, were the #3 seed and eliminated the #2 seed in the 2nd round. Mavs then beat OKC in 5 and also face LeDouche in the Finals.

Let's do this!
Old 05-31-2011, 01:12 AM   #24
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:17 AM   #25
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

1 of the things that I am concerned about when it comes to Miami's bench is Mike Millers rebounding, Jet has a tendancy to float around and occasionally release down the court when the ball goes up, he absolutley has to put a body on Miller cause he is capable of getting offensive rebounds
Old 05-31-2011, 01:20 AM   #26
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!

(Mavs win.)

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 05-31-2011 at 01:20 AM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:58 AM   #27
Monstergame

Monstergame will become famous soon enough

It will be a long night for me and hard to have to go to work the next morning.
But no problem as long as the MAVS win the first game against the Heat and LeRing Chaser.
I want to see the disappointment and desperation in their eyes.

Let's go MAVS!!
Monstergame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:37 AM   #28
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

GO MAVS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-31-2011, 02:37 AM   #29
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

What concerns me the most is that Wade and James basically play the whole game. Our bench (Terry and Stojakovic) can't guard Wade and James. That puts a lot of pressure on Stevenson and Marion. Also should Dirk or Chandler guard Bosh? Bosh is very explosive as well and probably the most consistent midrange shot.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:52 AM   #30
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
What concerns me the most is that Wade and James basically play the whole game. Our bench (Terry and Stojakovic) can't guard Wade and James. That puts a lot of pressure on Stevenson and Marion. Also should Dirk or Chandler guard Bosh? Bosh is very explosive as well and probably the most consistent midrange shot.
The thing is James is averaging 26.0 PPG, Wade 23.7 PPG, and Bosh 18.6 PPG. They would need all three of those to come alive on the same night for four games I just don't see that happening.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:53 AM   #31
Diehard Fan
Banned

Diehard Fan is infamous around these partsDiehard Fan is infamous around these partsDiehard Fan is infamous around these partsDiehard Fan is infamous around these partsDiehard Fan is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
Yup, I agree, with you. *Sigh*, inevitable, I think we're at lost here with those guys. Darn what a shame >:O! Hopefully the Heat will disband after their contract ends in 2016-2017. We will actually have a legitimate chance then. Lets go HEAT! Hopefully Enough At The 4th quarter, for the Mavs.
Diehard Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:08 AM   #32
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

I think chances are 50/50. All we need to do is give ourselves a chance to win and play solid defense down the stretch. Team who wants it more wins. Difficult to imagine the Heat want it more than the Mavs. Chandler needs to stay out of foul trouble. Terry and Peja need to finish from downtown. Barea needs to finish in the paint or kick it out to the shooters. Haywood needs to make his freebies. Kidd needs to knock down wide open shots and drive to the paint, when there is space. Marion needs to dunk and lay it up, only keep on shooting floaters and hook shot when you feel it. Stevenson needs to shoot only WIDE OPEN threes. Dirk needs to be Dirk.

I will only watch replays of the games when I know the Mavs have won. I am too old for heartbreak shit.

GO MAVS!!!
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:09 AM   #33
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

destroy them!!!we need to play very hard and without fear!!!

go mavsssssss
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:52 AM   #34
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Can't focus.

VIVA LOS MAVERICKS!!

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:53 AM   #35
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully Enough At The?

Is that not the worst acronym you have ever seen?
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:55 AM   #36
Diehard Fan
Banned

Diehard Fan is infamous around these partsDiehard Fan is infamous around these partsDiehard Fan is infamous around these partsDiehard Fan is infamous around these partsDiehard Fan is infamous around these parts

Sorry can't focus when @drunk. I swear to drunk, I'm not God.
Diehard Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:01 AM   #37
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all

Its Dirk time...
Old 05-31-2011, 04:28 AM   #38
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Go Mavs! Finish!!
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:31 AM   #39
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Just finished watching the Dirty Dozen. The Mavs are our Dirty Dozen they going behind enemy lines in Miami to do to the Heat what The Dirty Dozen did to the Nazis.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:41 AM   #40
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Hopefully Enough At The?

Is that not the worst acronym you have ever seen?
Dunno I Eat, Hard Acorns Rarely Down, In Domestic Indonesia Over Trombones

Tags
heatd=mavs30%fg, sieg !, still alive!!!, teamusa vs mavs, this is gonna be good!