Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-31-2011, 04:50 AM   #41
croco

croco has a spectacular aura aboutcroco has a spectacular aura aboutcroco has a spectacular aura about

I'm expecting a very close game to start the series, hopefully the Mavs find a way to make the crucial plays at the end.
croco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2011, 04:54 AM   #42
Monstergame

Monstergame will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetron26 View Post
NBA Finals 2011 Miami Heat vs Dallas Mavericks - Game 1

Watch Live Stream on http://www.clybs.com/x/QAwJRV

-------------------------------------------------

This is an special site that made for the fans of dallas mavericks.

a special site for the fans of the mavs?

I took a look at miami...
http://heat.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/...1471043516/p/6

jordan143 wrote there:
"NBA Finals 2011 Miami Heat vs Dallas Mavericks - Game 1

This is an special site that made for the fans of miami heat."
Monstergame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 05:09 AM   #43
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstergame View Post
a special site for the fans of the mavs?

I took a look at miami...
http://heat.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/...1471043516/p/6

jordan143 wrote there:
"NBA Finals 2011 Miami Heat vs Dallas Mavericks - Game 1

This is an special site that made for the fans of miami heat."
Someone over there quoted a post from Dirkadirkastan that was made on these boards.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:57 AM   #44
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavsfan4ever View Post
The thing is James is averaging 26.0 PPG, Wade 23.7 PPG, and Bosh 18.6 PPG. They would need all three of those to come alive on the same night for four games I just don't see that happening.
It can be a problem that all of them will definitely play 40+ minutes. In case of James and Wade I wouldn't even be surprised to see them play around 44 minutes. Concerning their production I seriously think that Dirk needs to play +40 minutes as well. 38-39 minutes a night ain't gonna cut it.

Go Mavs! It would be such a great feeling to get revenge for 2006. I really hope the refs are under serious supervision for this series as everybody knows the reffing back then was a disgrace. Additionally, to see LeRing Chaser failing again despite having Wade and Bosh with him this time would make it even sweeter. Can't stand this arrogant, egocentric and narcissistic idiot.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 05:58 AM   #45
beatLA

beatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelli View Post
I think chances are 50/50. All we need to do is give ourselves a chance to win and play solid defense down the stretch. Team who wants it more wins. Difficult to imagine the Heat want it more than the Mavs. Chandler needs to stay out of foul trouble. Terry and Peja need to finish from downtown. Barea needs to finish in the paint or kick it out to the shooters. Haywood needs to make his freebies. Kidd needs to knock down wide open shots and drive to the paint, when there is space. Marion needs to dunk and lay it up, only keep on shooting floaters and hook shot when you feel it. Stevenson needs to shoot only WIDE OPEN threes. Dirk needs to be Dirk.

I will only watch replays of the games when I know the Mavs have won. I am too old for heartbreak shit.

GO MAVS!!!
Really?So when you get old,you not only can't play well,but also can't watch well.I hate getting older...How old are you?
Old 05-31-2011, 06:34 AM   #46
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by croco View Post
I'm expecting a very close game to start the series, hopefully the Mavs find a way to make the crucial plays at the end.
We have been executing down the stretch all playoffs.

No worries.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:36 AM   #47
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Make Wade and James jumpshooters, if they hit them, ok!
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 07:03 AM   #48
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Go Mavs!!!!!
Old 05-31-2011, 07:53 AM   #49
OSU_MAV

OSU_MAV is a jewel in the roughOSU_MAV is a jewel in the roughOSU_MAV is a jewel in the roughOSU_MAV is a jewel in the roughOSU_MAV is a jewel in the rough

Finally here, lets do this thing. Go Mavs!
Old 05-31-2011, 08:02 AM   #50
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Do it.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:07 AM   #51
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

i'm s---ing my pants nervous. i haven't been able to watch espn or nbatv all weekend because it just makes me nervouser.

go mavs.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:14 AM   #52
Skeme99

Skeme99 will become famous soon enough

Finally game day! I also stopped watching ESPN since last game. I knew they'd be constantly babbling about 06. I'm glad we're the underdogs & I'm ecstatic that most of the "experts" are picking against us as usual. Todays win will be that much better because of it. We've been proving them wrong throughout this magical playoff run. Go Mavs!
Skeme99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:16 AM   #53
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:19 AM   #54
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, just listened to the douchebagery of their pre-season Championship celebration (being replayed on The Ticket).

The Karma gods will piss on the Heat.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 05-31-2011 at 08:19 AM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:21 AM   #55
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

I too think the karma gods are about to piss all over the miami heat.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:43 AM   #56
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Remember us? It's payback time.

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 05-31-2011 at 08:44 AM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:48 AM   #57
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

3-2 zone baby - make them bitches beat you from outside.

Go Mavs~!
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:00 AM   #58
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Withstand the initial surge and then slit their throats when they are out of gas.

ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:18 AM   #59
Funkman

Funkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to all

It is time for German Moses to come down from the mount and lay the word on them. He shall part the waters of South Beach and lead us to the promised land.
Funkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:21 AM   #60
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

F the Heat, F Wade, F Lebnon, F Botch, F their coach, F Mike Miller, F anyone trying to guard Dirk, F anyone trying to play the slip screen and lob to Chandler correctly. F their reckless attacks of the basket trying to get the whistle... And most importantly, F the refs and their crooked whistles.

Win for yourselves and the Mavs faithful!!!! It's our time, go get it.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 05-31-2011 at 09:22 AM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:23 AM   #61
kchan4487

kchan4487 is a jewel in the roughkchan4487 is a jewel in the roughkchan4487 is a jewel in the rough

I wont be able to watch game 1 I think. However, considering that they are 0.800 when I don't watch as opposed to only around 0.500 when I do, That's a good thing right? HAHA.
kchan4487 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:27 AM   #62
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

What a fight this will be, but oh, what glorious rewards await us shall we come out victorious. Time to seal fate and rise to glory!

Go Mavs!

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:58 AM   #63
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Old 05-31-2011, 10:09 AM   #64
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

WIN
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:10 AM   #65
12 Tone Melodies

12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold

http://www.nba.com/news/referee.html
Referee Assignments
May 31, 2011
Dallas @ Miami--Steve Javie, Mike Callahan, Bill Kennedy--Alternate: Bill Spooner

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.
- John Adams
12 Tone Melodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:13 AM   #66
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Hollinger, now on B & S
Old 05-31-2011, 10:15 AM   #67
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

The NBA Finals begin this evening, and still the so-called "experts" proclaim the defeat and demise of our beloved Mavericks. Chuck smiles as he plans the excruciating way in which each of these "experts" will die after he has broken the Heat with a mighty roundhouse kick to the heart!

Tonight, the Mavericks wipe the smug grins from their faces. Tonight, the Mavericks take their talents to South Beach and kick the self-anointed champions in the face. Something a bit like this:

Old 05-31-2011, 10:28 AM   #68
deamon
Golden Member

deamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these parts

DESTROY THEM in their house.
Go Mavs!
Old 05-31-2011, 10:30 AM   #69
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

win.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:53 AM   #70
Alykhan04

Alykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to all

Sorry, Miami. Dirk is in Fuck You mode this year. Mavs in 3.
Alykhan04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:59 AM   #71
robo98564

robo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of light

I seriously can't take this wait... 9 more hours!!!
robo98564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:02 AM   #72
Maximum Huge

Maximum Huge is on a distinguished road

go mavs -- heres my song written for them!
http://soundcloud.com/maximum-huge/dallas-mavericks-get-that
Maximum Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:03 AM   #73
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Old 05-31-2011, 11:23 AM   #74
jcm28

jcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to all

This is OUR time, and we cant let no divas take it from us. I hope we win, and win big tonight. Make lebron remember 2007.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:31 AM   #75
topgun

topgun is a jewel in the roughtopgun is a jewel in the roughtopgun is a jewel in the rough

How We Got Here

Now tonight is the first step to finishing it.
topgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:44 AM   #76
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Javie is terrible, ugh
Old 05-31-2011, 11:57 AM   #77
Rick41
Diamond Member

In Dirk We Trust.

Old 05-31-2011, 11:59 AM   #78
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Concentration at work is at an all time low today.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:00 PM   #79
Funkman

Funkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to all

From Elias: Dallas has won its last 14 regular-season games against Miami, the 2nd-longest winning streak teams to meet in the NBA Finals. The other 4 teams to enter the Finals with at least a 5-game winning streak against their opponent have gone on to win the title.
Funkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:21 PM   #80
Blackspider

Blackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Javie is terrible, ugh
Give me Javie over Salvatore and Crawford any day of the week. He is not intimidated by the crowd and falls in the trap of giving a lot of home cooking calls. I think he calls a fair game here.

He does have a quick whistle on the T, though. We can't lose Chandler for a game this series like we did Stackhouse for game 5 last time around.
Blackspider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heatd=mavs30%fg, sieg !, still alive!!!, teamusa vs mavs, this is gonna be good!