Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-31-2011, 12:26 PM   #81
robz
Golden Member

robz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nice

OMG I haven't been able to sit still at all today. I need this game to start already
Old 05-31-2011, 12:29 PM   #82
Blackspider

Blackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of light

Anyone doing absolutely nothing at work except browsing the net looking at Mavs articles and posting on here???

That would be me today.
Blackspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:31 PM   #83
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Artest called Carlisle best coach in the NBA
Old 05-31-2011, 12:37 PM   #84
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Artest called Carlisle best coach in the NBA
He's certainly a top 5.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:40 PM   #85
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackspider View Post
Anyone doing absolutely nothing at work except browsing the net looking at Mavs articles and posting on here???

That would be me today.
I'm just pretending that I'm BG, acting like my job is paying me to cover the Mavs...

Thanks, job - we'll get back on track in Q3!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-31-2011 at 12:40 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:41 PM   #86
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I'm just pretending that I'm BG, acting like my job is paying me to cover the Mavs...

Thanks, job - we'll get back on track in Q3!
This guy...he's got jokes!
Old 05-31-2011, 12:46 PM   #87
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Stevenson will need to his some 3s this series..
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:47 PM   #88
Blackspider

Blackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi View Post
If we have to rely on him producing on the offensive end, god help us all!!
Old 05-31-2011, 12:47 PM   #89
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi View Post
disagree, all he has to do is not chuck up bricks. Move the ball.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:47 PM   #90
mavs777
Diamond Member

When asked if their achievements have been overlooked entering this series, Shawn Marion summed up how Dallas feels about the lack of respect that they have been receiving.

"We really don't care," Marion said. "At the end of the day, this about what we're able to do and what we've done. Are all of these people giving us credit? I don't give a f***. It's just that simple. We don't care. What does it matter? We've shown what we can do and what we're capable of, but we're not finished yet. We made the Finals, but this not what we came here to do. We came here to take the trophy home with us."

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?...#ixzz1NxALhqtU
Old 05-31-2011, 12:53 PM   #91
Blackspider

He's right. The teams we had to beat to get here and we have won 5 road games in a row, swept the 2 time defending champs, beat the upstart and athletic OKC team in 5 in some dramatic finishes, only lost 1 game since game 4 meltdown of Portland, so thats what, 10 of our last 11?

But it's all about the Heat and Lebron and all. Fuck it! He's right again in that the WC champs is not our goal. Dirk told them basically to shove that trophy up their ass.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:55 PM   #92
topgun

topgun is a jewel in the roughtopgun is a jewel in the roughtopgun is a jewel in the rough
Default ^^ Love it

That's the attitude the Mavs need. I haven't gone to the ESPN website once this layoff and see a nice big picture of a Maverick, and good story to go along with it. It has all been about the Heat. But as Marion said, who gives a f***? Handle our business on the court. And after we win all the headlines will still probably be about the Heat, but we'll be back in Dallas partying.
topgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:57 PM   #93
Blackspider

Yep. If we win, I do expect it to be just like the Lakers series in the sense that they will have a funeral for them and what went wrong on them not winning, not what we did to win.

But fuck it, just makes it all the sweeter. I stay away from ESPN now days anyways in what it has become.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:58 PM   #94
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

We have been waiting for this day 5 years!!!
And here we are!!!
This is our Day!!!
The Time Is Now!!!
Destroy them!!!
Go Mavs!!!

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:00 PM   #95
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Tweeted it out:
Carlisle said the list of inactives will not change tonight...no Beaubois, Jones or Butler.

He did start the response by referring that this was in regards for tonight...I guess leaving the door open for changes.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:01 PM   #96
topgun

topgun is a jewel in the roughtopgun is a jewel in the roughtopgun is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41mvp View Post
We have been waiting for this day 5 years!!!
And here we are!!!
This is our Day!!!
The Time Is Now!!!
Destroy them!!!
Go Mavs!!!
I love all the exclamation points... It really drives home the enthusiasm.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:07 PM   #97
topgun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackspider View Post
I stay away from ESPN now days anyways in what it has become.
True story... But yet I'm a sucker for sports that always creeps back to it.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:10 PM   #98
joemoeschmoe

joemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to all

No more talk. Time for action. We'll see very soon what each team is truly made of.

Go Mavs! DESTROY!
joemoeschmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:11 PM   #99
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

LetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant future

I think it's pretty safe to assume that every Cavaliers fan wants us to win BADLY...
Old 05-31-2011, 01:12 PM   #100
topgun

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoMavs View Post

I think it's pretty safe to assume that every Cavaliers fan wants us to win BADLY...
That's actually pretty cool looking.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:20 PM   #101
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
When asked if their achievements have been overlooked entering this series, Shawn Marion summed up how Dallas feels about the lack of respect that they have been receiving.

"We really don't care," Marion said. "At the end of the day, this about what we're able to do and what we've done. Are all of these people giving us credit? I don't give a f***. It's just that simple. We don't care. What does it matter? We've shown what we can do and what we're capable of, but we're not finished yet. We made the Finals, but this not what we came here to do. We came here to take the trophy home with us."

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?...#ixzz1NxALhqtU

Love this gem from JET:

Quote:
"I have no nervous jitters and no uneasiness about anything," Terry said. "I'm good. I got my rest. I had the Heat shorts on last night. Gary Payton gave me some from back when they beat us so I had those."

Old 05-31-2011, 01:26 PM   #102
Nowitzness81

Nowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant future

I bet Dirk and Terry are going to have unrivaled focus in this series.....
Nowitzness81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:28 PM   #103
Blackspider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzness81 View Post
I bet Dirk and Terry are going to have unrivaled focus in this series.....
I'm expecting a lot from Terry. I have no worries about Dirk but we need Terry to produce each and every game.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:30 PM   #104
mavs777
Diamond Member

Terry will have a bad shooting game in this series, I have no doubt he will also have a great one, I think his overall play will be good.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:32 PM   #105
AngieO41

AngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to behold

This game needs to start already. I haven't been this annoyed, angry before about a game. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Last edited by AngieO41; 05-31-2011 at 01:36 PM.
AngieO41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:34 PM   #106
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

one of the keys will be for tyson to not get into foul trouble. with him on the floor lebron+wade are shooting 36% from the floor. with him off the floor they are at around 65%.
Haywood is playing better than he was earlier in the season (not that difficult) and may get some significant minutes - he'll have to patrol the paint and make sure they dont get easy and 1's. if any.

On offense i think we will be fine. Dirk didnt shoot well in the reg season against them but I feel that will change. Even with that shooting he was a +28 in the first game and a +16 when on the floor the second game.

So... keep tyson and dirk out of foul trouble and we should be in a good position to take the first game.

Last edited by Lor20; 05-31-2011 at 01:35 PM.
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:47 PM   #107
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

God damnit I am way too excited.

The finals need to start NOW!

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:48 PM   #108
robo98564

robo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
God damnit I am way too excited.

The finals need to start NOW!
This.

I'm dying over here!! COME ONNNNNNN Eight-O'Clock!!!
robo98564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:50 PM   #109
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

I'm going to my work office near oak lawn it is sort of near North park...should I hit up the Mavs fan shop and rep?
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:50 PM   #110
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OO!!!!!!!!!!!

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:58 PM   #111
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

we need tonight about 95 points to win

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:03 PM   #112
CGM
Golden Member

CGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant future

Let's cook a Puerto Rican style pork legs with garbanzo beans stew (patitas de cerdo con garbanzo) with those arrogant re-Heated bums!
CGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:04 PM   #113
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGM View Post
Let's cook a Puerto Rican style pork legs with garbanzo beans stew (patitas de cerdo con garbanzo) with those arrogant re-Heated bums!
You need to stop that, really.

Also, whoever said Holger would stay in Germany was wrong.

He's with the team in Miami.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:16 PM   #114
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

To be a NoWITZNESS!!!!

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:17 PM   #115
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

I'm getting pumped up reading this thread.

MURDER THEM. LET'S GO MAVS.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:31 PM   #116
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

I haven't been this distracted at work in a long time. I look at my watch every five minutes. So excited for tonight. It's been a long week.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:47 PM   #117
Underdog

Quote:

Nah, it was Dirk's dad who stayed in Germany...

Also, all that Puerto Rican food looks awesome to me, but I'll eat anything (ask LeBron's mom!)

Last edited by Underdog; 05-31-2011 at 02:47 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:48 PM   #118
mavs777
Diamond Member

Dirk proposed to his GF days ago apparently
Old 05-31-2011, 02:56 PM   #119
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Dirk proposed to his GF days ago apparently
I like the mojo there.

5 hours.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:56 PM   #120
ghostwriter5011

ghostwriter5011 is on a distinguished road
Default Mavs fan in ATL

agree with you. The look in the eyes says it all to me. A team against a collection of stars.
I vote for the TEAM.

Does anyone in MavsLands have a reco for a viewing party/Mavs Fan Club in Atlanta? I want to watch tonite's "shocker" amongst the blue clad faithful!!
ghostwriter5011 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heatd=mavs30%fg, sieg !, still alive!!!, teamusa vs mavs, this is gonna be good!