Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 11-26-2011, 10:59 PM   #41
Popeye

Popeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to behold

After reading the NBA proposal, it looks there's no reason for Cuban not to "go for it" for the next 2 years. No change to luxury tax for first 2 years of agreement, and amnesty could happen prior to any season of the CBA. So.... sign Chandler, keep Haywood (amnesty him in 2 years), pay less than last year in Luxury Tax, and pick & choose the rest of free agents. Maybe we could even add an MLE guy. Good news.
Popeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2011, 11:21 PM   #42
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Just saw a mini-thread on another board (non-basketball) where more than one person speculated that the Mavs would amnesty Marion.

There's no doubt that that final year of Marion's contract could hurt, but it's absolutely ludicrous to think that they'd amnesty him now.
Why is that? Is he that valuable?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 11:29 PM   #43
Popeye

Popeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Why is that? Is he that valuable?
Yes. He was right up there with Kidd, Terry and Chandler as the 2nd most important Mav in the playoffs.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:53 PM   #44
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
Yes. He was right up there with Kidd, Terry and Chandler as the 2nd most important Mav in the playoffs.
Yes. That was nice. But we are moving forward now. How hard is he to replace?
Old 11-27-2011, 12:05 AM   #45
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes. That was nice. But we are moving forward now. How hard is he to replace?
Given your arguments in the other thread and the fact that Dallas is pretty much guaranteed to be in the LT regardless of whether they amnesty anyone, I'd think the answer would be obvious to you. He'd be damn near impossible to replace.
Old 11-27-2011, 12:06 AM   #46
Popeye

Unless he completely loses his athleticism, I still think he'll be valuable for the next year or two. Not many guys can guard Kobe, Durant and Lebron.

I don't think we amnesty anybody this year. Marion and Haywood will both contribute and we're not that far into the LT. The stiffer penalties don't hit for 2 years anyway, so no reason to cut assets when you still have to pay them.
Old 11-27-2011, 12:13 AM   #47
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Given your arguments in the other thread and the fact that Dallas is pretty much guaranteed to be in the LT regardless of whether they amnesty anyone, I'd think the answer would be obvious to you. He'd be damn near impossible to replace.
It's a brave new world, my man. A world in which Marion wasn't worth the freight would not be at all surprising.
Old 11-27-2011, 12:16 AM   #48
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
"The kids are alright," is what I would say. That's that deal we have chosen.
Old 11-27-2011, 02:47 AM   #49
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's a brave new world, my man. A world in which Marion wasn't worth the freight would not be at all surprising.
Marion just slowed/shut down some of the best basketball players on the planet a mere 5-6 months ago... How far do you expect his skills to drop off in the next couple of seasons? I think 8-9mil/year is EXACTLY what you pay a guy who can make a superstar's life hell.

If you roll Kidd, Marion and Chandler out with Dirk, then you keep the defensive-minded identity of a team that just won the NBA Championship... Chemistry definitely shouldn't be understated in this league (ask Chris Bosh how he feels about the concept...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 11-27-2011 at 03:02 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:45 AM   #50
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

@DwyaneWade Just got a strongly worded text from the big homie @realtuffjuice haha.

I think I know where this is headed.... And if so, screw Caron.

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 11-27-2011 at 05:46 AM.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:05 AM   #51
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
@DwyaneWade Just got a strongly worded text from the big homie @realtuffjuice haha.

I whon't be shocked if JJ or Caron end up on the Heat.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:29 AM   #52
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Re-sign Tyson Chandelr is our priority.I very like Caron but this tema can play without him so he is not very important for us.JJ I'd like see him in our uniform for long.Stevenson I love his energy he must stay with us.Peja and Cardinal for minimum.

Mr.Cuban please re-sign Tyson Chandler

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:52 AM   #53
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

The Heat would be pretty stupid to blow their MLE at Caron, a player stuck on the positions behind Wade and James.

I expect them to blow the full MLE with Dalembert.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:30 AM   #54
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
The Heat would be pretty stupid to blow their MLE at Caron, a player stuck on the positions behind Wade and James.

I expect them to blow the full MLE with Dalembert.
This. Why would they spend their best tool to get better on a 31-year-old man who would be the epitome of a backup player behind LeBron and Wade and thus couldn't impact their team as much as a new center or point guard could? They're in need of a decent big man and/or playmaker. The only way I could see Caron end up in Miami is if he was willing to play few minutes for no money.

Quote:
Corey, Rudy, Boobie and Ian all disagree with you.
One would hope that all these young guys are fired up and willing to contribute. However, as mentioned before, we'd be lucky to have just one of the four play at the level of a healthy Caron Butler. It's also worth noting again that Caron's the guy who'd allow us to limit Dirk's and Marion's minutes, something we'd definitely like to do.

Reportedly, the more punitive luxury tax won't be an issue until the 2013-2014 season, so there's no need to save money now. We could re-sign Chandler, Butler and Barea and still have a payroll that's significantly lower than last year's. Given that we have two more years until the new luxury tax comes into effect, why let a player go for no real reason?

Keeping the current team AND saving money in the process sounds like a pretty good idea to me.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:55 AM   #55
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger View Post
This. Why would they spend their best tool to get better on a 31-year-old man who would be the epitome of a backup player behind LeBron and Wade and thus couldn't impact their team as much as a new center or point guard could?
See: Miller, Mike

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 11-27-2011 at 11:55 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:20 PM   #56
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
One would hope that all these young guys are fired up and willing to contribute. However, as mentioned before, we'd be lucky to have just one of the four play at the level of a healthy Caron Butler. It's also worth noting again that Caron's the guy who'd allow us to limit Dirk's and Marion's minutes, something we'd definitely like to do.

Reportedly, the more punitive luxury tax won't be an issue until the 2013-2014 season, so there's no need to save money now. We could re-sign Chandler, Butler and Barea and still have a payroll that's significantly lower than last year's. Given that we have two more years until the new luxury tax comes into effect, why let a player go for no real reason?

Keeping the current team AND saving money in the process sounds like a pretty good idea to me.
I was responding specifically to the claim that Caron was the only way the team could see any improvement, which is simply not true. That said, of course I'd like to see him back with the team.
Old 11-27-2011, 12:24 PM   #57
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post

Actually, my first thought went to Caron's competitiveness, loyalty to the Mavs, and desire to help the team defend its title by stomping the Heat again, starting on Christmas day.
Old 11-27-2011, 12:39 PM   #58
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
See: Miller, Mike
When they signed Miller last year, they only had James Jones as a backup for LeBron and Wade--and Jones had only averaged 14 MPG in 36 games in 2009/2010. A healthy and productive Miller seemed like a much better option coming off the bench back then. Now, with Jones looking like a better player and Miller maybe even being healthy, I'd be shocked to see them add another 2 or 3 for as much as the full MLE.

They desperately need a 1 or a 5 and I'd guess they'll address that situation with their MLE. Caron would have to be available on the cheap to make sense for them. Not that I necessarily expect them to be senseful. A Heat team with Caron and still no decent center or point guard wouldn't scare me too much.

Quote:
I was responding specifically to the claim that Caron was the only way the team could see any improvement, which is simply not true. That said, of course I'd like to see him back with the team.
Agreed. He's not the only option for us to get better, although I'd consider him the most likely option with the biggest upside. I don't see how Corey, Rudy or Ian could have as much of an impact as Caron and Roddy's not even healthy yet. Plus, Caron would allow Dirk and Marion to get extended time on the bench to rest their old bones which could be a huge plus in a short season with many games.

Last edited by dalger; 11-27-2011 at 12:40 PM.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 02:25 PM   #59
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be curious what the market for players like Jamal Crawford and Jason Richardson is.

I'm not really worried about losing Butler if he so chooses to leave. There are quite a few low budget 2/3 type players that could fill his void.

Here is the list if anyone cares...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...eeAgents-11-12

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 04:55 PM   #60
mavsjunkie
Golden Member

mavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to all

That's a lot of free agents. I'd like to definitely keep Chandler and Barea if possible. If Roddy can break down defenses like Barea, then I'm all for letting Barea go, but I just like the guy.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:38 PM   #61
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Guessing the Mavs will have 15-20 million to spend in free agency. That's probably technically enough to re-sign TC, JJB and Caron, but I still think Dallas will walk away from matching offers they find excessive. Hoping the market ends up prioritizing Nene (which it should, IMO), and Dallas can make a strong enough initial push on Tyson (complete with an in-person appeal from Dirk) to get him to commit before Denver has a chance to respond. More than a little concerned about how NJ will end up playing things, though. I'll be stunned if they don't try to overspend on a big. If I'm Dallas, I'm putting in a call to Dalembert's agent first chance I get.

Good shot blocker and active rebounder but Hell No to that signing. The 76ers traded him away even though they had no starting quality center on the roster. He was unprofessional in his tenure there with constant tardiness to practice and not working with the assistant coaches to improve his game. Samuel has a basketball IQ somewhere south of 10. He will zone out for stretches if he isn't apart of the offense which is insulting because he isn't any good in that area. He also likes to jack up 15 footers as well. Samuel would find Carlisle's doghouse faster than Haywood did.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:17 PM   #62
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I'd be curious what the market for players like Jamal Crawford and Jason Richardson is.

I'm not really worried about losing Butler if he so chooses to leave. There are quite a few low budget 2/3 type players that could fill his void.

Here is the list if anyone cares...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...eeAgents-11-12
I saw a tweet or two saying that Jamal Crawford and the PDX Trail Blazers have a lot of mutual interest in eachother.

But then again it could be all speculation.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy

Last edited by Rick41; 11-27-2011 at 08:18 PM.
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:25 PM   #63
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

If given the choice between the two, at this point I might have a tough time deciding between keeping Butler and keeping Barea. Didn't think I'd ever say that, but there it is.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:39 PM   #64
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
If given the choice between the two, at this point I might have a tough time deciding between keeping Butler and keeping Barea. Didn't think I'd ever say that, but there it is.
I would choose Barea, as his is the harder skill set to replace.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:01 PM   #65
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_o_r View Post
Good shot blocker and active rebounder but Hell No to that signing. The 76ers traded him away even though they had no starting quality center on the roster. He was unprofessional in his tenure there with constant tardiness to practice and not working with the assistant coaches to improve his game. Samuel has a basketball IQ somewhere south of 10. He will zone out for stretches if he isn't apart of the offense which is insulting because he isn't any good in that area. He also likes to jack up 15 footers as well. Samuel would find Carlisle's doghouse faster than Haywood did.
I'm under no illusions about Dalembert, but if Chandler leaves Dallas is going to need another center. Feel free to suggest an alternative if you can think of somebody better suited to fill the void.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:03 PM   #66
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.iamagm.com/news/2011/11/2...medium=twitter

Quote:
According to Chicago Sun-Times:

Pending official approval of the new labor deal, Cardinal will begin the process of landing a new contract.

He’s a free agent after winning an NBA championship with Dallas last season and received a positive vibe from Mavericks management at the end of last season.

“I hope (to return to Dallas), but time will tell,” Cardinal said. “…If not, we’ll try to keep this thing rolling.”

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:07 PM   #67
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Hard to imagine why Cardinal wouldn't be back unless the Mavs have a roster crunch due to a trade.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:12 PM   #68
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm under no illusions about Dalembert, but if Chandler leaves Dallas is going to need another center. Feel free to suggest an alternative if you can think of somebody better suited to fill the void.
I think if the Mavs fail to re-sign Chandler they either strike a bold move through trade or they put a stop-gap solution in place while putting themselves in a position to be major players in free agency next off season (Deron Williams).

I don't think there's any way they'd commit a multi-year deal to someone like Dalembert.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 11-27-2011, 09:21 PM   #69
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah, this is exactly the thing that boosts Barea so much for me. There aren't too many guys who do what he does, and I don't just mean on the Mavs.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:31 PM   #70
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Low cost options would be Kwame Brown, Jeff Foster. There is a possibility that the Bucks will use the amnesty clause on Drew Gooden.

Reach but I will dream anyway...Marc Gasol. Not only is he a top-8 center, his skill-set would make it possible to sit Dirk for longer stretches in a game by running the offense through Marc. Since the Mavs would have their center for the future, they could focus their resources on signing DWill the following year when Kidd/Terry come off the books. In addition, use the opt out clause on Brendan to fill out the roster.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:34 PM   #71
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I think if the Mavs fail to re-sign Chandler they either strike a bold move through trade or they put a stop-gap solution in place while putting themselves in a position to be major players in free agency next off season (Deron Williams).

I don't think there's any way they'd commit a multi-year deal to someone like Dalembert.
That's possible. I've noticed myself giving into repeat greed and forgetting about next year's free agent crop. In the grand scheme of things, I don't think Daly for four years at MLE levels would be a bad investment for a team in need of a center. But if Dallas is thinking that they either want to re-sign TC or start prepping to make a hard push for Deron/Dwight, then the thought of giving a multi-year deal to anybody other than JJB is probably far from their minds.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:07 PM   #72
Popeye

Does anyone know if Nick Calathes will be here this year?
Old 11-27-2011, 10:19 PM   #73
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
Does anyone know if Nick Calathes will be here this year?
I highly doubt it. Not with no summer league, compressed camp and a shortened schedule.

I'd bet on next season for him, if he ever comes over.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 11-27-2011, 10:48 PM   #74
CapitanObvious

CapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud of

Been a long time guys. Havent posted for a while, what with the new job and the lockout crap. Anyways. Resigning Chandler is an absolute must for the mavs. All else are just secondary options.

CapitanObvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:51 PM   #75
Popeye

Prediction: Donnie signs AK47 to the mMLE. Total of $10mm over 3 years. Donnie knows him from Lithuania connections and he'd perfect in a zone defense splitting time w/ Marion.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:00 PM   #76
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love AK47 here.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:54 PM   #77
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love Kirilienko here too, as long as signing him made a lot more financial sense than Caron. I'd think he'd need to be considerably cheaper, considering what Caron meant to us early in the season as our #2 option. AK47 definitely can't fill that role, though I would consider him a huge upgrade defensively.

My take on the rest of the FAs from last season: Definitely need to keep Chandler; I'd love to keep JJ and Stevenson (in that order); and Peja/Cardinal are incredibly replaceable (especially if we could turn their roster spots into someone like Reggie Evans -- no clue what his price will be though).
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:15 AM   #78
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_o_r View Post
...Kwame Brown...Jeff Foster...Drew Gooden...
Hence my interest in Dalembert.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:25 AM   #79
Spurred1

Spurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to all

Chandler should be the top priority. Cardinal will probably resign with the Mavs, but I'm guessing he'll be pretty cheap.
AK-47 is a good player-when healthy. Now maybe my memory is just poor, but he's struck me as an oft injured player.
Apparently Butler and Wade hung out together this offseason, but I'm not sure what that means-if anything. Hell, maybe it was just a rumor.
But Miami is in need of a center more than anything else. Unless Butler is now a center, he isn't going to fill any need of theirs.
Spurred1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:03 AM   #80
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Me too. Also with respect to Shawn, he also has an underappreciated inside game. He's a great fit. Caron to me seems quite redundant. I also wish Peja wasn't breaking down so much.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote