Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 08-07-2003, 08:55 PM   #1
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light
Default Let the Sliming Begin

The Democrats have started to slime with the help of their media whores. "The Myth of Liberal Media!!!"

Quote:

1. Stephanopoulos Delivers Dem Attack Strategy on Schwarzenegger
Good morning, America, here’s the Democratic spin of the day. On today’s Good Morning America, instead of conveying the reaction of both Republicans and Democrats to Arnold Schwarzenegger entering the gubernatorial contest, George Stephanopoulos devoted nearly all of his analysis to how Democrats will undermine Schwarzenegger. Stephanopoulos reported that those he talked to “point to a couple of hopeful signs in this election.” First, that since Schwarzenegger announced “on the same day that Gary Coleman of Diff'rent Strokes got into the race as well, just points up the whole freak show nature” of the race. And second, Democrats “did some focus groups over the last few weeks and they found out when they presented the idea of Arnold to voters, they laughed.” And he cited a supposed Schwarzenegger gaffe that Democrats had attacked.

2. Couric on Schwarzenegger: “He's the Son of a Nazi Party Member”
Journalists normally fret about negative campaigning and condemn attacks that dig out personal baggage in a candidate’s background. Just as long as the candidate doesn’t threaten a Democrat, apparently, since on this morning’s Today Katie Couric didn’t hesitate to beat Democratic operatives to the punch and remind viewers that Schwarzenegger’s father was a Nazi. She began a question: "Let me ask you about his, his baggage, if you will. He's admitted smoking marijuana, using steroids during his body-building career. He's the son of a Nazi Party member...”

3. NY Times Contrasts Nuclear Proliferation with Arnold’s Bikini Wax
From the MRC’s TimesWatch.org: The Times story on California’s recall vote noted Senator Dianne Feinstein is out, while action-hero Arnold and “populist” Arianna are in, and offered its readers snob appeal: “Instead of talking about issues like nuclear proliferation and appropriations, as Ms. Feinstein did, Mr. Schwarzenegger made light of his decision to run...” And is Arianna Huffington really a populist independent or just another left-winger?

Quote:
Text
Since accuracy and proof of source seem to be vogue on this board lately
Cyberalert - Extra

FishForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2003, 09:35 PM   #2
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough
Default RE: Let the Sliming Begin

Oh. I was hoping this was going to be a thread to share dieting secrets.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 09:46 AM   #3
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about

And I was hoping it was going to be a thread about the old Nickolodeon TV show "You Can't Do That on Television". That show RULED.

Old 08-08-2003, 10:01 AM   #4
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: sturm und drang
And I was hoping it was going to be a thread about the old Nickolodeon TV show "You Can't Do That on Television". That show RULED.
I was thinking the same thing.

Rats, just another political debate.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 12:57 PM   #5
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road

Gary Coleman was just on CNN and had some pretty intelligent things to say. He talked about healthcare and a flat tax proposal and about luring large companies back to california to boost the economy.

That show was awesome. I liked the part where they would come out of those lockers and tell jokes, and that one guy that played the bus driver. Yep, those were the days.

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 01:20 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

*sigh*

I was looking for old Ghostbusters schtick.

Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 02:52 PM   #7
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

"i don't know"

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
Old 08-08-2003, 09:22 PM   #8
veruca salt
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: sturm und drang
Wow! I thought I was the only person who remember that show!
I'm always trying to explain it to people...and get nothing but blank stares
back. I loved that show.
Is it true Alanis Morrisette was on it? I heard it somewhere but figured it
could easily be one of those "Marylin Manson was Paul on the Wonder Years" ULs.
I would like to see buckets of slime poured on her head, repeatedly.

Smile like you mean it
Old 08-11-2003, 08:38 AM   #9
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

veruca, morisette was indeed on you can't do that on television.

Proof

Old 08-11-2003, 04:58 PM   #10
veruca salt
Platinum Member

AWESOME! Thanks BBL.
Oh Michelle from Degrassi was on it too.

Smile like you mean it