Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 03-06-2001, 02:20 PM   #1
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

It's kinda early to start this thread but oh well [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .

.................... AT ....................

Should be alittle easier with out Eddie Jones because Jones is a great defender and would have been a tough match up for Finley. Miami's not going to score much but there a very good defensive team. Mason and Grant should give the Mavs problems inside.

Will probably be a low scoring afair but I think we can pull it out.

Mavs 91
Heat 87

Big games from Howard, Nash, Mason and Hardaway.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2001, 04:34 PM   #2
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

This could be a big game for Bradley if he can keep his mouth shut (and if Nelson lets him play after his tantrum last night). Last time we played Miami, Bradley was so dominant defensivly, it lead Pat Riley to comment "we were obliterated in the paint". I have a feeling that Bradley will get quite a bit of bench time though. I doubt Nelson will be so quick to forgive him for the tech he rang up against Orlando, and the two against the Spurs. I've heard comments that those techs may have caused the Mavs to lose those two games... of course, the main reason being that Bradly had to sit down. In any case, he's got to learn to keep his composure. If it takes sitting him down for the mojority of an important game, so be it.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2001, 05:28 PM   #3
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately, Bradley has a long history of losing his composure...
Old 03-06-2001, 07:57 PM   #4
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs will take this. Mavs 89, Heat 84
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2001, 09:40 PM   #5
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

I see the Mavs going 97-76 over the Heat... We always rebound well against worthless Eastern Conference teams...
Old 03-06-2001, 09:44 PM   #6
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

With Basketball Jones out, Club Ced is gonna go off on our Maverick punk asses!!!!

Heat 99
Mavs 98
Old 03-07-2001, 02:26 AM   #7
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

wow, i thing that fool above me is fandemonium from sportstalk . . . just a hunch
Old 03-07-2001, 02:38 AM   #8
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Who? Hales
Old 03-07-2001, 02:39 AM   #9
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Oh yeah, Mavs 101 Heat 81.
Old 03-07-2001, 12:02 PM   #10
giostar

giostar will become famous soon enoughgiostar will become famous soon enough

I think 2 games in a row wore down the Mavs against Orlando. They looked tired at the end of the game and werent getting their shots to fall. I see them bouncing back after a couple days off and winning against the Heat 101 to 93.
giostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 12:47 PM   #11
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

FineCuban, I was thinking the same thing... I was looking at him or DallasLaker, but I know DallasLaker knows his stuff and used to make some really good contributions on Sportstalk... That Hades thing may be a take on my name...
Old 03-07-2001, 12:49 PM   #12
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Nah Hales233 (that's spelled with an "L&quot is cool [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2001, 12:49 PM   #13
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Maybe I'm wrong though... If he has made enough posts to be classified a "member" he has to have been posting before the Sportstalkers found this place (and when that clown fandemonium did)...
Old 03-07-2001, 03:02 PM   #14
dallmav

dallmav is on a distinguished road

Hey scooter how ya buddy. Did you ever get that tape I sent ya. It was an ugly loss huh. If ya need anymore, just let me know. I see the mavericks winning this one by 10. I might be off my rocker, but I dont think so.
dallmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 03:05 PM   #15
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

dallmav, check out the Lounge. scooter answered that question in there [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .

Old 03-07-2001, 03:18 PM   #16
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I see Dallas taking this game tonight. They always seem to bounce back after an ugly loss, which the Orlando game was. Some things I find interesting after looking at the boxscore of the last meeting is:

Mason (23pts 7rbs) Bowen (14pts 5rbs) Hardaway (21pts 6as) are the only guys that really hurt us in the last game. Grant was non-existant on the scoring end but grabbed 15rbs.

On the flip side:

Dirk probably had one of his worst games this season. He played 44 minutes, shot 5-20 (10pts) and grabbed only 4rbs. I think he'll give Grant some headaches tonight. This is also the game Nash went down with his hamstring injury. But, he was playing well. (12 minutes 3-3 6pts and 3as). I would look for him to have a big game as well. Fin played rather well against Jones. (26pts 11rbs) I would think he could handle Marjle better than Jones. Eisley was ok (17pts 4as) Most interesting is this is the game where I thought Trent was going to get it going again. He played 14 minutes and shot 5-7 (10pts) while grabbing 5rbs. Maybe he will see some more playing time tonight.
Old 03-07-2001, 04:19 PM   #17
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

mavs by 15, 103-88.

no EJ, no win for the heat.
Old 03-07-2001, 07:08 PM   #18
djb
Administrator

GREAT first quarter! Mavs up 28-18, with Fin, Dirk, Nash, Howard, and BRADLEY all playing well! Trent also got some early mins..let's hope this keeps up!
Old 03-07-2001, 07:19 PM   #19
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

i'm cool trust me...just a huge Ceballos fan[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2001, 07:50 PM   #20
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Bradley's playing great. Needs to keep it going in the second half though. Watch for Hardaway to blow up in the second half. Finley needs more shots but none of the flinging fade away kind [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .

Old 03-07-2001, 07:51 PM   #21
djb
Administrator

First half observations:

1) This is obviously a different team when Nash is on the bench. He's the only one on the team who's capable of penetrating, which usually results in a basket or a nice dish out to an open player. The Mavs definitely need to pick up another guard during the offseason (STRICK!) to bring some relief to the pg position.

2) Watching Howard shoot jumpers and hookshots is a lot like watching Finley's long-range fadeaways..you just PRAY they go in.

3) Trent got schooled by Mason. I hope he gets some more mins later on, b/c his confidence has got to be hurting right now.

4) Bradley has played well thus far, but his rebounding is really starting to irritate me. He can elevate and reach for the ball, but he has a hard time GRABBING it. He's bobbled and deflected the ball way too many times tonight.

5) Maxwell passes the rock pretty well but the man needs to stop taking so many long-range shots. Nellie should make him shoot a couple hundred 3pters during each practice.

Mavs up 46-40 at the half. GO MAVS!
Old 03-07-2001, 08:40 PM   #22
dallaslaker

dallaslaker has a spectacular aura aboutdallaslaker has a spectacular aura aboutdallaslaker has a spectacular aura about

Nowitski is playing awesome tonight!! Even Bradley is having a good game.
dallaslaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 08:42 PM   #23
dallaslaker

dallaslaker has a spectacular aura aboutdallaslaker has a spectacular aura aboutdallaslaker has a spectacular aura about

Maybe I really am biased, I GEEZE it seems like we are not getting ANY calls!!
Old 03-07-2001, 08:44 PM   #24
ReggieThetaChi

ReggieThetaChi is on a distinguished road

Bradley is having an awesome game. If he can get those numbers on a regular basis, that would be outstanding. The stork stepped it up big.
Old 03-07-2001, 08:50 PM   #25
dallaslaker

Man everyone is playing good tonight! Bradley is playing good defense without getting into foul trouble and he hasn't had any technicals yet. Finley and Nowitski are playing like true all-stars and stepping up big. Nash is being a true point guard with very few turnovers and lots of assists, with a dash of points thrown in for good measure. Now THIS looks like a serious playoff team. It would be nice to see them hit their stride at the end of the season and go into the playoffs strong.
Old 03-07-2001, 08:53 PM   #26
erub

erub is on a distinguished road

good win for us.
erub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 09:23 PM   #27
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Great win tonight... My man Bradley was dominating...
Old 03-07-2001, 09:32 PM   #28
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Bradley obliterated the Heat again. 42 minutes... see what happens! We need him to do this every night.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 10:07 PM   #29
dallaslaker

Keep in mind that the Heat are one of those teams that do not have a true center. Brian Grant and A.C. Green are really power forwards. Mason is really a small forward that bangs. But, he did do good not to get into foul trouble. Very nice numbers for him. I was actually hoping he would get 1 more block and enough points for a triple double.
Old 03-07-2001, 10:12 PM   #30
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Bradley kept his head, and Nelson kept him in the game... He filled his role on the team perfectly tonight (I would trade a couple of his rebounds for a couple of blocks, but he provided everything that we could ask of him). 10 rebounds in the first half!