Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-07-2001, 08:56 PM   #1
dallmav

dallmav is on a distinguished road

Those mavericks played like they wanted to win tonight. I wouldnt mind having anthony mason in a mavs uniform next year. That Muscle bound boy can play some ball. He lit us up last time we played them. Great game for the mavs. Bradley had double figure rebounds, so did howard.
Eisley stunk up the place again, Im not very high on him at all.
dallmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2001, 09:23 PM   #2
Jordan23TX

Jordan23TX is on a distinguished road

Tonite we got a quality win against a playoff team. Howard & Bradley played great on the boards. Dirk was killer from 3. Anthony Mason would be a welcome addition to the Mavs line-up, exactly what we need. He's a free agent this summer by the way. Eisley has hit a slump...I mean he's playing terrible. I use to question some of his shot selections, but he made alot of clutch baskets. But right now he can't buy a basket. Im still waiting on MAD MAX to start hitting some of those open shots he's getting. I guess by the time playoffs come, he will be ready.
Old 03-07-2001, 10:14 PM   #3
dallaslaker

dallaslaker has a spectacular aura aboutdallaslaker has a spectacular aura aboutdallaslaker has a spectacular aura about

Talking about picking up Mason.... We could really use a strong banger down low. Juwan is doing pretty good, but I would like to see more from him. This kind of talk also brings up another topic which may should have it's own line. Who would be very nice for the mavs to pick up in the off season? If we come back next season with...

PG - Nash
SG - Finley
SF - Howard
PF - Nowitski
C - ?????

It's obvious a quality center would be a key component to make us serious championship contenders. Someone like Mutumbo, but I really don't see him leaving Philly after this season even tho he is a free agent. We could get someone like Antonio Davis, but again, he's a PF playing out of position. Just like moving Dirk to the center to get someone like CWebb. So again, who would be THE key pickup that would realistically be able to lure to Big D???
dallaslaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 10:17 PM   #4
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

If we don't get Davis next year, then I really think Laettner will be back. A center rotation consisting of Laettner/Bradley/Booth really isn't bad considering the guys covering the other four positions. And please, no one say our next center is going to be Wang!
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 10:19 PM   #5
dallaslaker

dallaslaker has a spectacular aura aboutdallaslaker has a spectacular aura aboutdallaslaker has a spectacular aura about

Acually, I forgot about L8t probably coming back. He seemed to indicate that he would like to be back. He has a reputation for being soft, but I did see a lot of quality minutes from him and grew to like him. I think the same will be said about Howard. I think he'll get into our style of play and then start playing better than he is now. I haven't seen Booth, but between those 3, surely we should be able to find one of them having a good night.
dallaslaker is offline   Reply With Quote