Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 08-05-2012, 04:57 PM   #1441
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
Is there a precedent for a TV star getting sued by the network for not showing up? I honestly don't know. It seems to me like they usually just get fired, lose their paychecks, and that's it. I'll admit that I'm not an expert so it's entirely possible I'm missing something.
Well, like I said, it's incredibly unlikely that would have happened. It probably would have been much closer to what you say, and what UD said about blacklisting is probably quite accurate (although that's outside my realm of knowledge).

The thing is that we just don't know. For all we know, it's possible that his contract does provide for him to pay liquidated damages for missing even one taping except in the event of severe illness, death in the family, etc. I'm not saying that's the case, of course, but nobody here knows, myself included. And sometimes the mere threat of legal ramifications--no matter how unlikely--can freeze a person out from doing one thing or another.

I guess my point of caution is that people should never discount anything completely just because it wouldn't "make sense." There are so many counterintuitive, seemingly senseless things that go on the legal arena....it's frightening.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
avery wins, dwill loves the pecker, jigga town, return of cadbane?, russian mutant cuban 1, shark tank cuban 0, willy wants a pecker