Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-15-2015, 01:03 PM   #1
DGM
Banned

DGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really nice
Default Feeling better about the Rondo trade

It would be hard to get a player equal to Powell mid-lottery.
DGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2015, 01:25 PM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I think losing Crowder was bigger than losing the pick, but Powell definitely makes up for that (and then some).

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 01:45 PM   #3
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

Rondo trade was always a good thing. Otherwise Mavs would've gone after him during free agency this summer. Think what kind of a mess that would've been...

Of course one could argue that Mavs could've had Dragic if not for the Rondo trade. Who knows but I do like D-Will that the Mavs do have - although I have never been a fan of his.
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 02:37 PM   #4
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Vinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant future

Was thinking this the other night. We'd be extremely lucky to get a player as good or better than Powell in the draft next year. So the Rondo trade was actually completely 100% worth it. Yes we lost Crowder but let's be honest... if he stayed here he never would've broke out because of the minutes he was getting here. So who really knows what would've happened with him. Maybe we would've resigned him on a cheap deal and he would've continue to warm the bench, or maybe some team would take a chance on him and offer more money. Either way, I'd rather have Powell.
Vinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 05:55 PM   #5
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I think losing Crowder was bigger than losing the pick, but Powell definitely makes up for that (and then some).
Why? Crowder has always been just a guy
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 06:08 PM   #6
jamaljasonandjimmy

jamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
he's a starter in boston and showed true poise in the playoffs for them. I would say everything worked out for the best for both crowder and powell.

pass the rock to the german moses
jamaljasonandjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 06:30 PM   #7
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
His defense has been quite good this season, but he can't shoot worth a lick.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 01:40 AM   #8
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamaljasonandjimmy View Post
he's a starter in boston and showed true poise in the playoffs for them. I would say everything worked out for the best for both crowder and powell.
He's not a good basketball player
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 10:10 AM   #9
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

I wish guys like Aminu and Crowder success. I liked them both in Dallas, and I hope that their continued success will encourage the Mavs to look harder at who they do have and think about playing the younger guys more minutes. Sometimes you really just don't know what you've got until you play them. Also, I think it increases the young guys' motivation to work harder and continue to improve.

Last edited by turin; 11-16-2015 at 10:10 AM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 10:42 AM   #10
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
I wish guys like Aminu and Crowder success. I liked them both in Dallas, and I hope that their continued success will encourage the Mavs to look harder at who they do have and think about playing the younger guys more minutes. Sometimes you really just don't know what you've got until you play them. Also, I think it increases the young guys' motivation to work harder and continue to improve.
I'd add Wright to that list as well although I wouldn't mind him struggling a bit in Memphis and we get him back.
Just not having a good feeling about McGee.

I could live with a Zaza/Dirk/Powell/Wright rotation at 4-5 positions.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 11:48 AM   #11
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
I'd add Wright to that list as well although I wouldn't mind him struggling a bit in Memphis and we get him back.
Just not having a good feeling about McGee.

I could live with a Zaza/Dirk/Powell/Wright rotation at 4-5 positions.
It makes the MCGee situation easier to deal with tho if he isn't worth a damn.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 12:58 PM   #12
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
It makes the MCGee situation easier to deal with tho if he isn't worth a damn.
But how fun would this team be to watch at times with a Powell/Wright front court. Those two would complement each other well...especially with the 2nd unit.
Old 11-16-2015, 02:54 PM   #13
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

I think McGee will be fun to watch with Powell. I wonder if we get to see them play much together though.

Actually the lineup I'd love to see on the floor in a blowout situation is Raymond Felton, Justin Anderson, Jeremy Evans, Dwight Powell, and JaVale McGee. I think that lineup can provide us with some entertainment. We're bound to see some high flying action.
Old 11-16-2015, 03:49 PM   #14
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
I think McGee will be fun to watch with Powell. I wonder if we get to see them play much together though.
I wonder if we'll get to see any of the Mavs play much together with McGee.
Old 11-24-2015, 05:03 AM   #15
nodir41

nodir41 has a spectacular aura aboutnodir41 has a spectacular aura aboutnodir41 has a spectacular aura about

in some way i wonder why rondo puts up those numers in SAC.

yes he plays almost 48 minutes. but his numbers are impressive.
maybe carlisle made some mistakes with him, too. Not rondos fault all alone.

but then... SAC is 5-10...
nodir41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 09:34 AM   #16
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Empty stats

Kings not winning and Off. and D-Ratings are better with Rondo on the bench
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 10:40 AM   #17
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep... Rondo is putting up some really nice numbers.... and some not so nice numbers.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 11:01 AM   #18
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Yep... Rondo is putting up some really nice numbers.... and some not so nice numbers.
Yeah, his 36% FT shooting sure as hell wouldn't be doing this team any favors.

Old 11-24-2015, 11:57 AM   #19
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Yeah, his 36% FT shooting sure as hell wouldn't be doing this team any favors.
Rondo, not Parsons.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 01:06 PM   #20
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Rondo, not Parsons.
A healthy Rondo has 22 attempts (45% last season), whereas a still-recovering-from-major-injury Parsons only has 13 attempts (72% last season).

One of these guys is going to look a lot better at the charity stripe by season's end.

Last edited by Underdog; 11-24-2015 at 01:09 PM.
Old 11-25-2015, 07:22 PM   #21
Oberon

Oberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of light

i never felt bad about the Rondo trade anyway.

It was something we had to do. A low-risk deal with possible high rewards. It didn't pay off, but we didn't loose a lot either. Powell has a similar value as Wright to us, while Crowder isn't really missed (it would be nice to have him but we don't really need him).

Furthermore, Rondo still isn't a bad player in the end. He still does some things that few other players can do. He just needs to be in a team that fits his style of playing. Dallas surely wasn't the right team for that. I was hoping that Carlisle could find a way to integrate him into the team but it seems that either Carlisle failed in doing so or Rondo just refused to follow his orders. Anyway, it's over now and I am not even angry at Rondo for being a lousy teammate.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote