Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-19-2021, 12:25 AM   #81
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

For all of the complaining about Carlisle this season- and some of it by me- I have to say that I think Carlisle has once again proven himself to be damn, damn good coach. I'm not convinced that Brad Stevens or Nick Nurse or anyone else would have this roster playing better than they are right now. A month and a half ago, the team looked like they were completely imploding, and I said then that if he didn't right the ship before the season ended, then it was probably time to part ways with Carlisle. But guess what? The ship has been righted. If the Mavs make the playoffs, I'll consider this season a success. If they end up climbing to the 5th or 6th seed, then I'll consider that an even bigger success.

This roster is a playoff contender, not a championship contender. If you want to complain that the season didn't meet your expectations because you were expecting the Mavs to make a big move and get more help for Luka, ok, but that's a completely separate issue from coaching. Red Auerbach wouldn't get more out of this roster than Carlisle is right now.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2021, 04:08 PM   #82
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Isn't he talking about our rookies in general not just Bey? Green was drafted higher than all of the ones listed except Vassel I think.
I didn’t mention Green, because Green has gotten a lot of playing time. I went and looked at the game logs, and before the entire team became available with KP and the Covid players, Green was playing most games. He even has a 30+ and a few 20+ minute games. They sent him to the g league to get developmental minutes, so it’s a bit much to say that his treatment this season is stifling his development.

Dallas41 was responding to me about the “attitude” I expressed toward a comment that there are “no excuses” for not having two rookies in the regular rotation. There are plenty of excuses, and you don’t really even need one to justify it.

Last edited by FreshJive; 03-19-2021 at 04:08 PM.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 05:59 PM   #83
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
I didn’t mention Green, because Green has gotten a lot of playing time. I went and looked at the game logs, and before the entire team became available with KP and the Covid players, Green was playing most games. He even has a 30+ and a few 20+ minute games. They sent him to the g league to get developmental minutes, so it’s a bit much to say that his treatment this season is stifling his development.

Dallas41 was responding to me about the “attitude” I expressed toward a comment that there are “no excuses” for not having two rookies in the regular rotation. There are plenty of excuses, and you don’t really even need one to justify it.
I thought Green got all his minutes when DFS and JRich went out with covid after the Denver game. I don't recall him getting hardly any minutes after that When those guys came back he got the boot.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 09:01 PM   #84
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I thought Green got all his minutes when DFS and JRich went out with covid after the Denver game. I don't recall him getting hardly any minutes after that When those guys came back he got the boot.
Green only had 3 dnps between the start of the season, and when the Covid guys got back. That’s when the full team became available for the first time. After that he stopped playing and went to the g league. I’m not seeing the problem here.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 12:07 AM   #85
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post

There is an excuse for not having a rookie in the regular rotation - they didn't pick the right one.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 12:10 AM   #86
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post

This roster is a playoff contender, not a championship contender. If you want to complain that the season didn't meet your expectations because you were expecting the Mavs to make a big move and get more help for Luka, ok, but that's a completely separate issue from coaching. Red Auerbach wouldn't get more out of this roster than Carlisle is right now.
True. Now what are they going to do about it?
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 11:14 AM   #87
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uaOp7RllyA
Luka schooling PG on repeat since rookie year...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w2RQUrUHm0
Luka and PG hugging it out
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote