Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-22-2021, 10:01 AM   #81
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
It means they aren't good against even third-tier NBA competition.
I don't think it's fair to judge them by throwing them in there all at the same time with the rest of our bench guys. No way is that going to be a smooth transition. I saw some good plays made though. Maybe they would be better by now if they had some playing time previously.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2021, 10:16 AM   #82
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I don't think it's fair to judge them by throwing them in there all at the same time with the rest of our bench guys. No way is that going to be a smooth transition. I saw some good plays made though. Maybe they would be better by now if they had some playing time previously.
Green did some nice things
tough euro step into the paint and finished through contact
sort of a crappy alley-oop that was thrown low but Powell got it and flushed it anyway
and then a nice kiss of the glass on a fast break

was it me or was Hinton playing point out there at the end?

Bey didn't do much - had a couple jumpers that were short - form looks ok but inconsistent

is Terry still out sick?
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 10:29 AM   #83
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
Green did some nice things
tough euro step into the paint and finished through contact
sort of a crappy alley-oop that was thrown low but Powell got it and flushed it anyway
and then a nice kiss of the glass on a fast break

was it me or was Hinton playing point out there at the end?

Bey didn't do much - had a couple jumpers that were short - form looks ok but inconsistent

is Terry still out sick?
Yeah I'm not sure what game some people were watching because Green looked solid to me.

That shot you mentioned he would have never even attempted earlier in the season.

Hinton looked aggressive on offense

BTW some of those Portland Blazers were actual 2nd team players not scrubs .

Simmons and Little was competition for our rookies.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 10:39 AM   #84
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
is Terry still out sick?
Something very weird is going on with Terry. I almost think it's a mental health issue.

He got some DNPs for minor things in GLeague. Since coming up, he's been out for personal reasons for a while. I think he may not be making the transition well. It's already hard to transition to the NBA. Then you come in as a second-rounder with all the pressure in the world to fight your way in. Then you have to deal with Covid and being locked in. Then you have to deal with being bopped around to two different cities to get some PT. It's rough. Really hope he comes out of this okay and not another road

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 03-22-2021 at 10:45 AM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 10:50 AM   #85
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Something very weird is going on with Terry. I almost think it's a mental health issue.

He got some DNPs for minor things in GLeague. Since coming up, he's been out for personal reasons for a while. I think he may not be making the transition well. It's already hard to transition to the NBA. Then you come in as a second-rounder with all the pressure in the world to fight your way in. Then you have to deal with Covid and being locked in. Then you have to deal with being bopped around to two different cities to get some PT. It's rough. Really hope he comes out of this okay and not another road
I hope its not mental health issue. I thought he had a great run in the G league.

Old 03-22-2021, 11:02 AM   #86
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
I hope its not mental health issue. I thought he had a great run in the G league.
hmmm yeah... hadn't heard anything of that sort with him.
he was putting in work during the offseason which i think did pay off for him - he certainly wasn't getting pushed around as much as i expected, at least in g league. He's still got work to do that's for sure.
Old 03-22-2021, 11:19 AM   #87
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

He seems to have deleted everything off his Instagram -- hope he's ok...
Old 03-22-2021, 11:39 AM   #88
Scoobay
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
He seems to have deleted everything off his Instagram -- hope he's ok...
yeah hope he's ok... not sure what deleting your insta means in this day and age...

this is all i could find off CBS sports:

Terry (personal) is out Sunday against the Trail Blazers.

Terry will continue to miss time due to a personal matter. He hasn't seen the court since Jan. 29.
Old 03-22-2021, 04:17 PM   #89
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
yeah hope he's ok... not sure what deleting your insta means in this day and age...

this is all i could find off CBS sports:

Terry (personal) is out Sunday against the Trail Blazers.

Terry will continue to miss time due to a personal matter. He hasn't seen the court since Jan. 29.
Carlisle said something about how he couldn’t comment on Terry’s status the other day, except that he has no timetable for returning.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 05:12 PM   #90
tgfan
Golden Member

tgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
It means they aren't good against even third-tier NBA competition.
I look at it differently, i.e., that they haven't seen ENOUGH NBA court time. As a rookie player, you don't know what it's going to be like until you get out there and see for yourself what these opponents can do, and how to overcome it. There are very few people around like Zion, who can step right into the NBA and impose his will on defenders.
tgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 05:20 PM   #91
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Would you guys deal Kleber and Brunson in order to get John Collins?

BREAKING: Mavs Trade Offer To Hawks Includes Kleber - Report
Dallas has reportedly presented the Atlanta Hawks with a package that features shooting big man Maxi Kleber, with the trade goal being John Collins

Against the Mavs specifically for his career, Collins averages 23.8 points (highest among all other teams he’s played against) and 11 rebounds, shooting 62 percent from the field and 58 percent from deep. Swapping a piece like Kleber (or Jalen Brunson, or Dwight Powell) can make sense.
Old 03-22-2021, 05:30 PM   #92
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Would you guys deal Kleber and Brunson in order to get John Collins?

BREAKING: Mavs Trade Offer To Hawks Includes Kleber - Report
Dallas has reportedly presented the Atlanta Hawks with a package that features shooting big man Maxi Kleber, with the trade goal being John Collins

Against the Mavs specifically for his career, Collins averages 23.8 points (highest among all other teams he’s played against) and 11 rebounds, shooting 62 percent from the field and 58 percent from deep. Swapping a piece like Kleber (or Jalen Brunson, or Dwight Powell) can make sense.
HELL yes I would do that. With very, very, VERY few exceptions, the team that gets the best player almost always wins the trade, and we would be getting the best player by far.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 05:37 PM   #93
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
HELL yes I would do that. With very, very, VERY few exceptions, the team that gets the best player almost always wins the trade, and we would be getting the best player by far.
Sounds like Atlanta isn't sure they want to pay him 100 million.....

I'd hate to lose Kleber though but I know Powell ain't going to get it done LOL

Not sure why Atlanta wouldn't just pay the guy and keep their nucleus together especially since they've won 8 straight games.
Old 03-22-2021, 05:44 PM   #94
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Not sure why Atlanta wouldn't just pay the guy and keep their nucleus together especially since they've won 8 straight games.
I'd be sad to lose Kleber too, and it might even hurt us in the short run. But in the long run, Kleber's replaceable, and again, we'd be getting the best player by a wide margin.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 03-22-2021 at 05:45 PM.
Old 03-22-2021, 07:10 PM   #95
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Supposedly Collins and Trae haven’t been exactly getting along. Winning might solve that, or at least make management think it’s solvable.
Old 03-22-2021, 07:16 PM   #96
FreshJive
Diamond Member

I saw a rumor that the Mavs were interested in Fournier. Don’t remember the source, but I think redditmavs retweeted it.
Old 03-22-2021, 07:32 PM   #97
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Losing Kleber who's extremely underrated and a versatile switch defender hurts. I would offer Brunson + picks while trying to keep Kleber. I think Brunson has enough value as a secondary creator and savvy shotmaker for Atlanta to justify that deal, especially if they anticipate letting JC walk as an RFA this offseason.
Old 03-22-2021, 08:08 PM   #98
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
I saw a rumor that the Mavs were interested in Fournier. Don’t remember the source, but I think redditmavs retweeted it.
It seems more likely than ever Orlando may move Gordon before Thursday's deadline, but Evan Fournier and his $17 million expiring contract is an even better bet to be traded. The Mavericks have been the loudest rumored team for Fournier, with one potential package being James Johnson and two second-round picks, according to league sources.
Old 03-22-2021, 08:34 PM   #99
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It seems more likely than ever Orlando may move Gordon before Thursday's deadline, but Evan Fournier and his $17 million expiring contract is an even better bet to be traded. The Mavericks have been the loudest rumored team for Fournier, with one potential package being James Johnson and two second-round picks, according to league sources.
Not sure how I feel about giving up 2 2nds for a rental. He’s an UFA this summer.

Last edited by BPo001; 03-22-2021 at 08:35 PM.
BPo001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 09:11 PM   #100
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Losing Kleber who's extremely underrated and a versatile switch defender hurts. I would offer Brunson + picks while trying to keep Kleber. I think Brunson has enough value as a secondary creator and savvy shotmaker for Atlanta to justify that deal, especially if they anticipate letting JC walk as an RFA this offseason.
Even WITH Kleber in the deal, I don't think Atlanta will ultimately take it. Offering them Brunson and some second round picks would probably just make them laugh.
Old 03-22-2021, 09:19 PM   #101
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Not sure how I feel about giving up 2 2nds for a rental. He’s an UFA this summer.
The guy I'd prefer out of Orlando is Gordon.

I think he's a jack of all trades.

Dude is Marion like on defense and can be used in the Mavs offense as a better lob threat than pre-injury Powell.

Plus he's got Point Forward skills.

But I think Orlando is asking for 2 1st rounds picks which the Mavs obviously don't have.....

One could only dream of a defensive lineup that featured Gordon, Richardson and DFS that would go long ways towards finally putting a top 10 defense on the floor.
Old 03-22-2021, 09:24 PM   #102
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Wonder if we’ll hold any players out of the game Wednesday in anticipation of the Thursday deadline
Old 03-22-2021, 10:46 PM   #103
SMC0007
Guru

A John Collins rental? I'd be out on giving Maxi and Brunson with no guarantee on JC staying. Losing Brunson right now would put our bench in neutral to say the least. If we are looking at a sign and trade, hell I'd rather do it for KP. Maxi is playing well above his pay grade.

Old 03-22-2021, 11:48 PM   #104
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

https://mobile.twitter.com/iztok_fra...=1616474886427
Old 03-23-2021, 12:04 AM   #105
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
A John Collins rental? I'd be out on giving Maxi and Brunson with no guarantee on JC staying. Losing Brunson right now would put our bench in neutral to say the least. If we are looking at a sign and trade, hell I'd rather do it for KP. Maxi is playing well above his pay grade.
What if you had a guarantee that Collins would re-sign?
Old 03-23-2021, 08:00 AM   #106
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
What if you had a guarantee that Collins would re-sign?
Idk how that happens, but Then it's probably worth what very well could sacrifice our hopes for playoffs this season.

Old 03-23-2021, 08:01 AM   #107
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Iztok is great

Last edited by SMC0007; 03-23-2021 at 08:01 AM.