Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-24-2022, 01:03 AM   #161
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Shit, the history of anything, more so for sports at any level. I can admit I was a prime example of getting by from natural abilities that I flamed out (baseball - injury didn't help). Fact is still relevant that hard work is part of the equation of success. I certainly didn't give what I could to the weight room, practice facilities, diet, etc...the same applies to a professional. It's a huge part of the job and of course even harder in the offseason. But I do think Luka understands now and we will see if he has the drive to be one of the greats of all time. He certainly has the opportunity, but longevity plays a big part in those names and careers remembered most.
The funny thing is, we all know that Luka's idol is Lebron. I would imagine that he has to have some idea of Lebron's insane work ethic. Say what you will about Lebron, but the dude has never once in his career slacked off in terms of his conditioning.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2022, 10:27 AM   #162
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
The funny thing is, we all know that Luka's idol is Lebron. I would imagine that he has to have some idea of Lebron's insane work ethic. Say what you will about Lebron, but the dude has never once in his career slacked off in terms of his conditioning.
Yea LeBron is going to top a lot of all time leaderboards with his high level of play for so long. The guy is a once in a lifetime player but does get shitted on frequently, though I cannot say it's not to his own doings some of the times.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 12:06 PM   #163
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Yea LeBron is going to top a lot of all time leaderboards with his high level of play for so long. The guy is a once in a lifetime player but does get shitted on frequently, though I cannot say it's not to his own doings some of the times.
"All the people that were rooting on me to fail, at the end of the day, they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today. They have the same personal problems they had today. I’m going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want to do with me and my family and be happy with that. They can get a few days or a few months or whatever the case may be on being happy about not only myself, but the Miami Heat not accomplishing their goal. But they have to get back to the real world at some point." -Lebron James
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 02:37 PM   #164
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
"All the people that were rooting on me to fail, at the end of the day, they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today. They have the same personal problems they had today. I’m going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want to do with me and my family and be happy with that. They can get a few days or a few months or whatever the case may be on being happy about not only myself, but the Miami Heat not accomplishing their goal. But they have to get back to the real world at some point." -Lebron James
Elitist mentality at its finest. Here's to hoping my "real world" involves yet another failed roster build by Bron Bron.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote