Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 03-05-2001, 06:57 PM   #1
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

Tough as nails, athletic, great rebounder, and plays with athority. Coming out of high school he was regarded as the second best player in the nation. He comes to us sophmore year, outplays Eatan Thomas and makes him expendable. Is he still a project? of coarse... but so was Dirk, Nash, Strickland, Buckner, and Bradley. Nelson is perhaps one of the best pure judges of talent in the game. When he took Dirk everyone laughed, when he traded for Nash and signed him to that contract everyone laughed, but Nellie laughed last. Don't get me wrong, he has hit and missed, but who has gotten a better player out of the number 7 slot in the draft than Nellie did with Dirk? not many. Anyways, back to Harvey, the kid has used raw talent and not much else so far, and as Nellie has proven time and time again, he can develope talent in a big way. He can take talented players and make them great players. Most people in the NBA are talented, but don't harness it well. Kiki and Nelson will turn Harvey into a junkyardog that bites. Harvey will own the paint for years to come, he is Darven Ham except injected with steroids and speed, watch out. Ask anyone who knows basketball and they will all tell you the exact same thing : "Dennis without the do-maybe even better, a lot better." Next year my friends, the dog gets let off his leash.
Old 03-05-2001, 09:13 PM   #2
Mavs#1Fan

Mavs#1Fan will become famous soon enoughMavs#1Fan will become famous soon enough

Harvey's an outstanding project. He'll be starting in a couple of years when the Howard contract runs out.

The best thing about Harvey is that the Mavs don't need scoring from him. They need him to be what he is - a shot blocking rebound monster.
Mavs#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 09:30 PM   #3
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Dang, that was a tough game tonight. But on a positive note, I think you are right on the ball about Harvey. I think he is going to be a defensive rebounding machine who can play tough D on guards and forwards. He is so athletically gifted it's frightening. Your comparison to Ham is a good one. Harvey is definetely cut from the same cloth as a Bo Outlaw or Darvin Ham, although he may be an even better athlete...
Old 03-06-2001, 09:31 AM   #4
giostar

giostar will become famous soon enoughgiostar will become famous soon enough

Darvin Ham? Oh man that makes me laugh. I'd hate to be compared to anyone who's only notable basketball feat is breaking the glass at the NCAA tournament. If you want to compare him to someone, why not T-Mac or Garnett at this stage in their careers. Harvey only had 1 year of college ball. So he should be a sophomore this year. I see in him some serious ability. I just wish him and Najera got more playing time to develop more.
giostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2001, 12:04 PM   #5
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Ham looked pretty good with the Bucks last year (he was hurt at the beginning of this season)... That glass shattering dunk on North Carolina was one of the great tournament moments though...
Old 03-06-2001, 12:09 PM   #6
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

If we're going to compare Harvey to someone, you gotta compare him to Dennis Rodman. With out the hair and crazy life style. Very good rebounder, good defender with not much offense.

Anybody else notice that he even looks like Rodman when he runs the court.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2001, 01:49 PM   #7
giostar

I don't see how you can compare him to anyone right now is what I mean. Heck some peple compare T-Mac to Sam Perkins! Yes... Sam Perkins. How in the hell can you compare the two?

Yes that Darvin Ham Dunk was great! I was watching that game when it happened. I've seen backboards berak before, and they seem accidental. Although I know it was accidental, it seemed like he intended to hurt the rim with the dunk, and the backboard shattered as a result. It's in my top 5 all time favorite dunks, right next to MJ's dunk from the free throw line.
Old 03-06-2001, 09:50 PM   #8
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

The basis for comparing Harvey with Outlaw or Ham is his stature. Donnell Harvey has about the same build as Bo Outlaw and Darvin Ham, but he looks even more athletic and offensively skilled than either of those two players at the same stage of their development. Harveys' rebounding also looks like it could far surpass either of those players' past achievements (the Rodman comparison is a good one)... Hopefully he can become the player he was projected to be when he graduated from high school and went as a much touted recruit to Donovans' Florida team (play for pay as they may be)...
Old 03-07-2001, 12:04 PM   #9
giostar

hehehe... college players DONT get paid to play... EVERYONE knows that!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2001, 12:45 PM   #10
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

They do at Florida (and Cincinnati, and UCLA, and UConn, and...)