Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-30-2004, 04:46 PM   #41
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Devin Harris will start

Quote:
Originally posted by: V
wow ... big news... and unexpected. Harris has played really well. Let's hope he sticks.

... Think about that 2nd unit with Terry & Stackhouse in the backcourt ... Howard, Hendu, Booth/Bradley/Benga up front... That's incredible depth. Terry, Stack, and Howard are playoff caliber starters.
well as long as they're moving people...how much longer does Howard wait till he is a starter...Howard has been the best thing for the Mavs in the preseason and I think his overall game has pushed him past Finley.
starters: Harris/Daniels/Howard/Dirk/Damp...young, freakin talented, and the future...
backups: JT/Finley/Stack/Booth/DJ....older vets who know how to handle the pressure....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2004, 05:01 PM   #42
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: ames7
Well selfishly I am HATING this b/c I drafted Terry for my fantasy team, but I do tend to think this isn't permanent, or more likely Nellie doesn't know if it is yet or not. JT sounds like he's a go after participating in practice, but Stack will sit out so Terry would be more of a sixth man for now. It just seems out of character for Nellie the Rookie Hater to throw him into the fire w/out having had him in the mindset for the preseason.
Heh, it's the opposite for me. I took a late round chance on Harris in my Fantasy Draft last night so I'm liking this move

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 05:19 PM   #43
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

He addressed Howard’s situation, but I was so floored by his plans to start Devin that I wasn't really listening. I know he'll start Tuesday and I believe that Marquis will have to earn his starting job back.

As for Devin starting, I don't see any motive for it other then the fact that he's earned it. Reading his comments throughout the pre-season, I don't get the feeling that he's viewing this as a rebuilding year. Maybe he feels that they are about equal (pre-season stats are pretty close) so why not start the player who will grow more during the course of the season.

Old 10-30-2004, 05:33 PM   #44
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

That's ok guys. You can refrain from kissing my feet. Saying "I told you so" just really wouldn't do justice to how much of a smack in the face this one is. Hahaha, just kidding. I just want the respect now [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 05:35 PM   #45
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Devin Harris will start

even if your name is right....its still too long [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 10-30-2004, 05:37 PM   #46
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
I know he'll start Tuesday and I believe that Marquis will have to earn his starting job back.
won't happen unless its Finley's job he's taking

Old 10-30-2004, 05:45 PM   #47
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I like JT, but it's much better he comes off the bench IMO. Look what Nick the Quick did off of the bench. JT is a high-octane energy scorer, not a know-it-all playmaker. I still really like him and Damp though....I plan on buying both of their jersies.

Old 10-30-2004, 05:51 PM   #48
samoan-maverick

samoan-maverick is on a distinguished road

I like Devin, but it looks like this is only due to injury and that's fine with me. But were going to play Bibby first, and Devin is still a rookie.

But for JT to come off the bench from now on...thats a horrible idea. I know JT is enthusiastic about coming here but he didnt come here to come off the bench below a rookie. He still has an ego and it will be hurt. He's not Nick Van Exel.
Old 10-30-2004, 05:52 PM   #49
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

The good thing about Terry coming off the bench is he seems like an energy player, which the Mavs really need.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 06:00 PM   #50
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

This is just a shot in the dark, but I think that Harris may have gotten the job because of his defense. He really plays with energy on the defensive end.

Old 10-30-2004, 06:03 PM   #51
samoan-maverick

samoan-maverick is on a distinguished road

So Devin got the job over Terry before the Oral Surgery??? If he did then I guess Terry wont be happy.
Old 10-30-2004, 06:11 PM   #52
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

FWIW, JT came off the bench three times last season. In those games he averaged 5 points, 3.7 assists and shot 29% in 23 minutes.
Old 10-30-2004, 06:17 PM   #53
sike
The Preacha

not good news, dirno.

Old 10-30-2004, 06:37 PM   #54
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: DevinHarriswillstart
This is just a shot in the dark, but I think that Harris may have gotten the job because of his defense. He really plays with energy on the defensive end.
There is only one reason I see for this. Harris caught on to the offense faster and has been running the offense a little more fluidly. That is all.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 07:07 PM   #55
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

Who knows how long all of this will last? Regardless, I'm pretty shocked by all of this. I thought this would be a longer process.

I am concerned about Terry handling this. I know he's a good teammate, brings great energy, and should be a great benchplayer in theory, but that's hard on a guy like that.
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 07:24 PM   #56
Marv Albert

Marv Albert is on a distinguished road

Wow, that's a surprise. I'm not sure what to think as a Kings fan. It could mean that Harris is going to be trouble and then Terry will come off the bench to cause even more problems. Or, it could mean that Terry isn't fitting in and Harris is better almost by default. Judging from the way the Mavs have performed in the preseason, I'm leaning towards it being the scarier scenario to match up with.
Old 10-30-2004, 07:35 PM   #57
sike
The Preacha

I think most would agree with you Marv, but no one thought it would be this soon....many had guessed that maybe by the end of the season Harris would be ready, but is he ready now? If Nellie is making this move because he thinks Harris is the best point guard on his team, then you have to like this move.

Old 10-30-2004, 07:50 PM   #58
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Damn, the only two preseason game I have seen this year Terry has been out with the Wisdom teeth problems.

Most people who really know Terry's game believe he is a very good 2 guard and a lowsy point. Mayber Nellie has figured it already. This might explain moving AJ to coaching and Dickau to the active roster.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 07:54 PM   #59
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I don't know what to say about this move. I don't really agree with it. I thought the plan was to start Terry until we know if Harris is ready or not? As soon as Harris has his terrible performance is he going right back to the bench? I don't like the idea of our starting point guard having no NBA experience but we'll see. Maybe he'll shock us all. I'll be behind him a 100% but I just don't understand the benching of Terry unless he showcased something during the offseason that Nellie didn't like.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 08:17 PM   #60
harsh euro barge

harsh euro barge will become famous soon enoughharsh euro barge will become famous soon enough

from DB.com

Quote:
DEVIN AND NASH, UP AND UP: This is the season for pipedreams, rosy optimism and – almost -- New Year’s Resolutions.
So why not let the Mavs’ great point guards of the past and future be involved in top-o’-the-league speculation?
Let’s start with rookie Devin Harris, and reports that Don Nelson is planning to elevate him above Jason Terry and into a starting role.
We’re fine with it; Harris has been impressive enough, and JET almost certainly won’t balk at whatever he’s asked to do.
Our only concern is that along with the report comes an alleged quote from Nellie saying that he’s always been comfortable just throwing rookies into the fire.
Which could not be further from the truth, of course. But if it makes Nellie feel better – and somehow makes Devin feel more ready – OK.
Meanwhile, Steve Nash has resolved to lead Phoenix to the NBA crown this season!
It’s part of an NBA promotional campaign, so it’s just advertising. But it makes the “prediction’’ no less ridiculous.
It’s just as wrong today as it was in the Sixties to assume that just because someone has long hair he must be consuming a steady diet of hallucinogenic drugs. But Nash is inviting just that sort of speculation with that spaced-out resolution.

And if the Devin thing doesn’t work out, so is Nellie. Mike Fisher and Dennis Hans 5:30 pm Oct. 30 04
My guess is Nellie wants an offensive spark on the bench for the time being while Daniels and Stack get back into it, and Terry is more suited to that role than Harris....
Obviously Devin's name isn't etched in stone as the starter for the year, but it's not the worst thing in the world
harsh euro barge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 08:41 PM   #61
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Check this out. Devin has more steals per game than Artest!

Link
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 08:52 PM   #62
Marv Albert

Marv Albert is on a distinguished road

Impressive, even for preseason. On a running team like the Mavs, a ball-hawk point guard can be very useful.
Old 10-30-2004, 09:06 PM   #63
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: Marv Albert
Impressive, even for preseason. On a running team like the Mavs, a ball-hawk point guard can be very useful.
I'm of the opinion that a ball-hawk point guard is very useful on any team [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-30-2004, 10:16 PM   #64
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Our only concern is that along with the report comes an alleged quote from Nellie saying that he’s always been comfortable just throwing rookies into the fire.
Which could not be further from the truth, of course.
I'm not sure why people think Nellie won't play rookies, especially good rookies. Devin was the 5th pick in the draft and played three years in a major conference, he should be good.

Some rookies that played under Nellie:
Billy Owens - 77 starts, 31 mpg
Tim Hardaway - 78 starts, 33.7 mpg
Chris Webber - 76 starts, 32 mpg
Latrell Sprewell - 69 starts, 37 mpg

In Dallas Dirk started 24 games in a strike shortened season and played 20 minutes per game despite the fact that he was nowhere near ready to play in the league. He was still starstruck by the players he watched on television and he was wouldn't rebound.

Najera was a 2nd rounder who started 4 games including opening night

When Daniels proved he was ready to play, Nellie started him in the playoffs. Howard started 29 games and it probably would have been more if he could have stayed healthy.

Maybe I'm forgetting a talented rookie that he kept on the bench.
Old 10-30-2004, 10:34 PM   #65
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

I'm a little worried about ego problems, but IMO if everyone stays happy, this could be great. This way when Dirk and Damp are resting, our subs will consist of Terry and Stack to keep an offense going. I mean that is a great second unit pg/sg combo, especially since the other second unit guys aren't very offensive orriented ( Booth, Howard, MBenga). those 2 combined with JHO should keep any kind of momentum going.
Old 10-30-2004, 11:23 PM   #66
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Nellie always wants a pure scorer as his 6th man (NVE, Jamison, Stack, etc.). With Stack and Quis not ready to play, that leaves JT as his best option.

Of course, Harris is for real and he certainly deserves to start. It'd be interesting to see how things transpire when Stack and Quis come back and/or Harris has a bad game or two.

Overall, this summer, I'm very impressed with the development of Harris, Howard and DJ. They along with Dirk, Quis and hopefully PPod form the longer-term future of our team.
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 01:09 AM   #67
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

This is another BS gimmick by Nellie. Why? Why? JT is obviously not going to be happy. Why not start JT as everyone expected and wait till he screws up? Geez. Now, if Harris doesn't pan out, will Terry still have the enthusiasm knowing that Nellie didn't have faith in him? I think its a very high risk move that won't amount to anything. Unless Harris turns out extraordinaryily well, this is a dumb move. Why rock the boat when its doesn't need to be rocked? The season hasn't even started and Nellie is at his mad scientist ways. Nellie will screw up again and then give some excuse that he can't play JT.
Old 10-31-2004, 01:15 AM   #68
sike
The Preacha

can you say "half empty"?

Old 10-31-2004, 01:20 AM   #69
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Its not being negative. Its being truthful. Why even risk such a move at this point? If Nellie wants Harris to develop, then put him as the reliever of JT. He'll get his playing time and develop. Its a good move for Nellie because if it is successful, Nellie willl be seen as a genius. If it doesn't work out, Nellie can always give some lame excuse again. Its a bad move for the Mavs though. If it doesn't work out, you find out Harris is a bust and JT is pissed. Nellie wants to try something unconventional again. Why? Just because he's Nellie. Its a stupid and risky move.
Old 10-31-2004, 01:27 AM   #70
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Simon2
Its not being negative. Its being truthful. Why even risk such a move at this point? If Nellie wants Harris to develop, then put him as the reliever of JT. He'll get his playing time and develop. Its a good move for Nellie because if it is successful, Nellie willl be seen as a genius. If it doesn't work out, Nellie can always give some lame excuse again. Its a bad move for the Mavs though. If it doesn't work out, you find out Harris is a bust and JT is pissed. Nellie wants to try something unconventional again. Why? Just because he's Nellie. Its a stupid and risky move.

I worry that JT might be dissappointed and lose some of his enthusiasm, but to portray him as you have, you seem to be making some sort of indictment against his character altogether. That doesn't mesh with what I've seen of JT so far.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 01:32 AM   #71
sike
The Preacha

Now I am a bit more worried about chemistry than before...before it was going to be tough to juggle all the shots/egos/minutes....but one way it was made eaiser was the fact that Harris was just a rook, and even though they thought he might have greatness written all over him, he was still just an unproven rook who could be expected to quietly wait his turn...Now the question of where do all these guys play is of more importance than ever before...I felt the team was pretty comfortable with the idea of JT and Harris at 1, Daniels and Stack at 2, Fin and Howard at three and so on. But now, Harris is playing one, Terry will be(I assume) playing a bit more of a 2 type, Howard as clearly surpassed Finley as a 3. What happens when Harris, though having his share of "rookie games", does wonderfully earning himself the starter spot at the one and JT performs well as a slashing samll 2 while Howard does his usual stat sheet filling thing...all three playing good defense and still making sure Dirk goes for 23 and 8 a night. Now, I think this might be a good problem to have(considering the frequency of injuries), but what happens when Max contract and "heart of the team" Finley declares himself 100%, new contract Daniels' ankle is ready to go, and Stack is feeling up to winning himself that sixth man of the year award? I would love to pretend like I have the answers...but right now, all I got is questions. All that being said, I am hopeful that all will work out well and have not been this excited about a Mavs season...maybe since the late 80's

Old 10-31-2004, 01:32 AM   #72
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
As enthusiastic as Terry has been about being a Maverick, it would seem a big disingenuous if this move prompted him to start outwardly pouting or affected his energy level. I’m sure he’s not crazy about it, but the bottom line is that he's going to be playing major minutes for a team with title aspirations. He's never been in that situation.

Old 10-31-2004, 01:34 AM   #73
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
If it doesn't work out, you find out Harris is a bust
we've seen and heard enough of this kid to know one thing: he aint gonna be no bust.

Old 10-31-2004, 01:36 AM   #74
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
Quote:
As enthusiastic as Terry has been about being a Maverick, it would seem a big disingenuous if this move prompted him to start outwardly pouting or affected his energy level. I’m sure he’s not crazy about it, but the bottom line is that he's going to be playing major minutes for a team with title aspirations. He's never been in that situation.
listen to the Robot Devil, he'd never lead you wrong.....

Old 10-31-2004, 01:40 AM   #75
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
Now I am a bit more worried about chemistry than before...before it was going to be tough to juggle all the shots/egos/minutes....but one way it was made eaiser was the fact that Harris was just a rook, and even though they thought he might have greatness written all over him, he was still just an unproven rook who could be expected to quietly wait his turn...Now the question of where do all these guys play is of more importance than ever before...I felt the team was pretty comfortable with the idea of JT and Harris at 1, Daniels and Stack at 2, Fin and Howard at three and so on. But now, Harris is playing one, Terry will be(I assume) playing a bit more of a 2 type, Howard as clearly surpassed Finley as a 3. What happens when Harris, though having his share of "rookie games", does wonderfully earning himself the starter spot at the one and JT performs well as a slashing samll 2 while Howard does his usual stat sheet filling thing...all three playing good defense and still making sure Dirk goes for 23 and 8 a night. Now, I think this might be a good problem to have(considering the frequency of injuries), but what happens when Max contract and "heart of the team" Finley declares himself 100%, new contract Daniels' ankle is ready to go, and Stack is feeling up to winning himself that sixth man of the year award? I would love to pretend like I have the answers...but right now, all I got is questions. All that being said, I am hopeful that all will work out well and have not been this excited about a Mavs season...maybe since the late 80's
It's a valid concern, but if we win it won't matter. Winning cures all ills and even if it doesn't, not many players have to balls to bitch on a winning team. If we losing they can bitch with the immunity of “I just want to help the team win”.

Bottom-line, Nellie makes 5MM a year to make it work. I just get the feeling that players bitching about playing time have never bothered him.

Old 10-31-2004, 01:42 AM   #76
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Never.......unless you had my robot hands and I wanted them back......then I may lead you wrong.....otherwise no
Old 10-31-2004, 01:44 AM   #77
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
Quote:
Never.......unless you had my robot hands and I wanted them back......then I may lead you wrong.....otherwise no
"You can't have your characters declare their feelings............that makes me feel angery!!!"

Old 10-31-2004, 01:46 AM   #78
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
not many players have to balls
though I think he meant "two".....the devil has a valid point here.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-31-2004, 01:48 AM   #79
TheBenger

TheBenger is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Nellie wants to try something unconventional again. Why? Just because he's Nellie. Its a stupid and risky move.
As I understand it, Harris is a much more conventional point guard than Terry. It seems that most people were hoping Harris would develop quickly rather than put our team in Terry's hands. All the reports I have heard have pointed to Harris having a more successful training camp, as well. Nellie's decision seems logical to me. The only reason I am surprised by it is that Nellie, more than anyone, seemed to be the person pushing for Harris to come off the bench. My guess is that Nelson had some reason for this, maybe as somekind of incentive for Harris, or maybe to take the pressure off of Harris in his mind so he could just learn rather than worrying about starting so soon?
TheBenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 01:52 AM   #80
sike
The Preacha

first off, what is a Benger?

and secondly, it sounds as if Nellie has decided instead of allowing Harris a sheltered rookie year where he will be protected, he is going to throw him in the fire and see what the kid is made of...which I really like. The guards who really have it, usually prove it from the word go...and Harris seems to give every indication that he is ready for this league.