Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-02-2004, 05:41 AM   #1
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Kings vs. Mavs Gameday Thread (11/02/04)

I say we bust up these darned Kings good tonight, to the tune of a 103-92 victory. Dirk is going to cruise to a 21 and 10 night, Damp is going to show Brad Miller who his Western Conference All-Star competition is this year, going for 10 and 12, and starting point guard Devin Harris is going to shock us with his ROY-challenging, Kevin Johnson-like game. Go Mavs and Go Bush/Cheney!

Future 2004-05 ROY Gets Up in Sacs Mug Tonight...
Old 11-02-2004, 05:55 AM   #2
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future
Default RE:Kings vs. Mavs Gameday Thread (11/02/04)

With Evil starting the first game thread of the season, what could go wrong? But Dirk 21? Nah, make that 25 or 35...

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 06:00 AM   #3
4cwebb
Golden Member

4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light

I'll be interested to see the man-to-man defensive matchups with JHo in the starting lineup. I imagine Peja will start out on Dirk, leaving CWebb to take Finely or JHo. I'd prefer to see him on JHo since Finely is a more consistent outside shooter.

And, the way the Kings have played in the preseason, I'm not expecting a victory to start the season at the AAC unless Devin has a terrible case of nerves.
4cwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 06:09 AM   #4
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light
Default RE: Kings vs. Mavs Gameday Thread (11/02/04)

Go Mavs! (edited by a Dallas-Mavs.com moderator) sorry... Go Kerry/Edwards!
#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 07:26 AM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

4cwebb, you're definitely a Kings fan that's welcome on this site any day of the week. I've enjoyed your contributions. And, I must agree with you. The Mavs should pick up the win. I'm predicting 25pts, 9 boards, 3 blocks, and 4 assists for the big German.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 07:33 AM   #6
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Give me the home team. And a Bush win.....

and I'll be a happy, happy American.

Mavs 106 - Kings 102
Old 11-02-2004, 08:04 AM   #7
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light

And some more people will suffer...
#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 08:14 AM   #8
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs 112
Kings 103

Hopefully this will get our team off to a very good start... Im tired of hearing these 15-10 predicitions and I hope a good opening night will steer us in the right direction!
Old 11-02-2004, 08:47 AM   #9
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Don't we have a political forum for political predictions? Don't taint the game thread!

ON TOPIC: Whew! That was the longest damned off-season ever. Game on!

Mavs win

Mavs 112
Kings 109

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 09:00 AM   #10
Pongo
Golden Member

Pongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to all

Mavs win 104 - 94

I don't know, but i have the feeling that J-Ho will have one of his best games in his (short) career:
shutting down peja, crushing the boards and scoring.
Dirk with 25+ points, Harris with a solid first NBA game, Finley as sharp as ever as well as She-Webb choaking as ever =)
Old 11-02-2004, 09:09 AM   #11
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Prediction 1: 105-92 Mavs win.

Prediction 2: Rest of NBA trembles in fear with Mavs dominant play.

Prediction 3: Dooby breaks remote from swithing back and forth from election coverage and Mavs game.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 09:15 AM   #12
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Prediction 1: Greg will be too antsy to wait for the tape of the game, so he will track the score tonight and already know the outcome and probably everything that happens during the game.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 09:27 AM   #13
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Prediction 3: Dooby breaks remote from swithing back and forth from election coverage and Mavs game.
tell me about it. I have 3 words..."picture in picture"

I see a really good start tonight...

Dallas - 110
Kings - 98

Howard and Harris keep Peja and Bibby in check..

Anybody know the latest on Christie?

Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 09:28 AM   #14
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Mary, we are in agreeance. Longest offseason EVER. Let's get this rolling.

100-97 Dallas. Let's Go Mavs!
Old 11-02-2004, 09:42 AM   #15
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: 4cwebb
I'll be interested to see the man-to-man defensive matchups with JHo in the starting lineup. I imagine Peja will start out on Dirk, leaving CWebb to take Finely or JHo. I'd prefer to see him on JHo since Finely is a more consistent outside shooter.

And, the way the Kings have played in the preseason, I'm not expecting a victory to start the season at the AAC unless Devin has a terrible case of nerves.
Glad we can finally put the great matchup debate to rest [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. In my mind there's not way you can put Webber an a player as active as Howard. The possible advantage from the Dirk matchup will be more than offset by the strain on Webber having to chase Howard...we'll see.
Old 11-02-2004, 09:46 AM   #16
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road

radio's carrying this right? I can't afford season ticket.

I say Devin and JT play almost even minutes...and both score 12+, and I really hope Marquis is able to play
Old 11-02-2004, 09:52 AM   #17
4cwebb
Golden Member

4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by: dirno2000
Glad we can finally put the great matchup debate to rest [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. In my mind there's not way you can put Webber an a player as active as Howard. The possible advantage from the Dirk matchup will be more than offset by the strain on Webber having to chase Howard...we'll see.[/quote]

It will be interesting to see how the Kings matchup, and maybe CWebb's bum knee provides a reason for not having him even attempt to chase Howard around. I still fear Dirk launching uncontested threes with CWebb standing about four feet away from him, or picking up silly fouls as he goes for a Dirk pump fake then grabs Dirk as he flies by.

It's easy to play the pessimist with the Kings at this point. They haven't shown glimpses of anything, and I'll happily eat my words if they prove me wrong. Texas Triangle is a tough place to start, though. AAC should be rockin' tonight, but no free fast mexican food. Mavs 97 - Kings 88.

4cwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 09:53 AM   #18
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Blonde Bomber

Anybody know the latest on Christie?
yes, I still hate him....and his hag of a wife.

I'll predict a bit of the gitters tonight and early poor shooting (lots of shots hitting the back of the rim)..but the good guys will win...both the basketball game and the elections...preach it Harris! Preach it brother Bush!

Mavs 101
Kings 93

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 10:00 AM   #19
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

According to the fans at kingsfans.com - Christie is out tonight.
Old 11-02-2004, 10:07 AM   #20
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Mavs by at least 20, y'all.
I'll be taping this game.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 11:07 AM   #21
DNNF
Golden Member

DNNF will become famous soon enoughDNNF will become famous soon enough

Typical Mavs/Kings game. Who wants to see Defense anyway.

Mavs 125
Kings 110
DNNF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 11:27 AM   #22
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Mavs 120
Kings 115.
Typical mavs play with so many new additions. Dirk starts the season strong with a 27 point 12 rebound performance.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 11:49 AM   #23
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road

Mavs-a bunch of points
kings-a bunch minus 15

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 12:28 PM   #24
The Miles

The Miles is on a distinguished road

Damn, those are some high scores. I say 104-87 Dallas.

"When you (Coach Johnson) get behind your players like that it’s something special. He’s the general and we are soldiers, you go out there and want to lay it all on the line…that’s the type of situation I wanted to be in."-Doug Christie
The Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 12:33 PM   #25
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

as long as we keep them around 90 points.. im happy, win or loss

but theres no way, with our offensive power.. WE will be held at 90 =]

i just want the defense to play some shutdown ball

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 12:46 PM   #26
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

104-93 mavs
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 01:00 PM   #27
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

i want to see dampier just straight up <u>dominate</u> the paint and set the tone early and throughout.. i want to see a totally new attidude from this team.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 01:27 PM   #28
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
According to the fans at kingsfans.com - Christie is out tonight.
I hope so...Christie seems to always bring his A game when he plays us. The DMN has him as a starter for tonights game...well see.
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 01:30 PM   #29
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs win a tussle 98-92... Bush kicks ass....Dude has to catch the returns in route while in narita airport and miss the season opener.........argggggg...
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 02:47 PM   #30
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Mavs 109 - Kings 92

Kings are looking pretty terrible in the pre-season, and what can I say about the Mavs...we rock.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 03:02 PM   #31
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

94-91 Mavs
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 03:44 PM   #32
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Mavs 97 Kings 92 - Offense still coming up to speed, but the Kings own problems combined with the Mavs improved D gets them the win howbeit sans chalupas.

Also, chads hang and Florida and the Nation has to wait until mid December to determine who won the election. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2004, 04:21 PM   #33
vjz

vjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nice

Steven A Smith on the Dan Patrick show today, talking about the Mavericks: "... Dampier is supposed to make the difference for the Mavericks? Are you kiddin' me? I'll believe it when I see it..."

I am sick of hearing the same ol' crap about the Mavs. It's time to make a statement and hopefully, its begins today.

Mavs 105-95 with Damp dominating the paint!
vjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 04:28 PM   #34
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Someone needs to squat down and take a big ol' dump on Stephen A. Smith's head.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 04:47 PM   #35
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

I agree with all that the offseason dragged on way too long. I got a good feeling we can win tonight for one reason, Bibby vs. Nash is no more and thank god. Glad I don't have to see nash getting burnt anymore. I guess I'll have to settle with Bibby getting took every other play by Devin and JET.

Go Mavs!!!

113-99
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 04:59 PM   #36
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

98-88 Kings (sorry, but without Najera it's not going to be Dallas' night)

Kerry wins by a slim margin.

And, I will have no friends here. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 05:46 PM   #37
GermanBlitzkrieg

GermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura aboutGermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura aboutGermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura about

101-92 Dallas

And Bush by a larger than expected margin. Early Drudge numbers unbalanced by the poll makeup: 59% women, 41% men. Even then, Kerry barely ahead in key states.

Last politics for 4 years.

Book it.

(If Kerry wins, I'll just pray for the best... and ignore poltics for what, 2 years?)
Old 11-02-2004, 05:48 PM   #38
GermanBlitzkrieg

GermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura aboutGermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura aboutGermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura about

P.S.: Watch Virginia at 6:00 PM. (Polls close) If Bush loses, hail to the new Chief!
Old 11-02-2004, 05:57 PM   #39
Phil Helmuth

Phil Helmuth is on a distinguished road

I'll wager on the Mavs by 8 and Bush by 30 something EC votes.
Old 11-02-2004, 06:15 PM   #40
dirk2003

dirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to all

mavs 92 kings 122