Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-23-2005, 12:08 AM   #1
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shawn Bradley to retire

Dallas Mavericks center Shawn Bradley has informed the team of his intention to retire and is negotiating a buyout of his contract.

Bradley and the Mavericks, according to team sources, are close to finalizing a buyout arrangement. The 33-year-old has three seasons left on his contract at $14.5 million.

It's believed that Bradley, who struggled with knee and hip injuries this season, is leaving the game after 12 years for health and family reasons. He and wife Annette recently had their sixth child.

With Bradley possibly in need of additional surgery, Dallas is expected to forward his case to an independent doctor for review. If Bradley's injuries are determined to be career-ending, the balance of his contract would drop off the Dallas payroll after one season. If the injuries are not deemed career-ending, his contract remains on the Mavericks' cap.

Bradley was the No. 2 pick of the 1993 NBA draft by Philadelphia -- between Chris Webber and Penny Hardaway -- after playing just one season at BYU and spending two years completing a Mormon mission in Australia.

Dallas was the third team that tried and failed to establish the slender Bradley as a franchise player. After two-plus seasons of unmet expectations with the 76ers and two partial seasons with New Jersey, Bradley joined the Mavericks in one of former coach-general manager Don Nelson's first major moves and spent the past 8½ seasons in Dallas.

Bradley's role, though, has gradually diminshed with the Mavs. After preseason knee surgery, Bradley averaged career lows in points per game (2.7) and blocks per game (0.8) in 2004-05 and appeared in just seven of Dallas' 13 playoff games under new coach Avery Johnson, for a total of 27 minutes.

Bradley will retire with career averages of 8.1 points, 6.3 rebounds and 2.5 blocks, having led the league in blocked shots twice.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:16 AM   #2
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Shawn Bradley to retire

That's big news. Maybe Madape will admit that we need a backup center now.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 12:28 AM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Shawn Bradley set to retire

Holy crap. I just saw this on ESPN. I can't believe it.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 12:38 AM   #4
steponhens

steponhens is on a distinguished road

Finally all the talk of Bradley leading us to a title will stop. However, it does give the mav's more incentive to get something done this offseason. PPod and DJ don't give me much hope for this year so they better get something done.

Napolean: Whatever I feel like! God!
steponhens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 01:00 AM   #5
PepperTheMavsFan41

PepperTheMavsFan41 is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Shawn Bradley set to retire

Pretty much done after this. You could see it in his eyes the rest of the playoffs.
I can kill cause in god I trust.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
PepperTheMavsFan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 01:00 AM   #6
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Holy crap. I just saw this on ESPN. I can't believe it.
That was pretty shitty by ESPN the way they announced that Shawn was retiring. As they were talking about him leaving the game after 12 seasons for Family/Health reasons they show him getting dunked on like 8 times. Not one highlight of him at all, just the opposing player against him. Very low class move by ESPN.
mavs413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 01:01 AM   #7
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

I am filled with a profound melancholy. All the best to Shawn and his family as he enters this next phase in his life. I will miss seeing him putting on those shot-blocking master classes in the lane. I will miss seeing that set shot 15 footer find the bottom of the net time and time again as announcers and opponents alike look on dumfounded. I will miss seeing the greatness that is the Mantis in Maverick blue.
Old 06-23-2005, 01:12 AM   #8
StrikerV

StrikerV will become famous soon enough

I am filled with sorrow yet at the same time im happy.

StrikerV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 01:55 AM   #9
bradleywillcrushyou44

bradleywillcrushyou44 is a jewel in the roughbradleywillcrushyou44 is a jewel in the roughbradleywillcrushyou44 is a jewel in the rough

i'm filled with just sorrow...
bradleywillcrushyou44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 02:32 AM   #10
Pirate

Pirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to all

So long to a good guy.
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 03:06 AM   #11
bgantz

bgantz is on a distinguished road

(fist pumps)
bgantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 04:56 AM   #12
Lebanese_Fan

Lebanese_Fan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000

It's believed that Bradley, who struggled with knee and hip injuries this season, is leaving the game after 12 years for health and family reasons. He and wife Annette recently had their sixth child.
I am really proud of Shawn. 6 kids at 33, way to go BABY. By the way how tall are his wife and kids? Just curious.

Lebanese_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 05:33 AM   #13
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

He and his wife look quite goofy standing next to each other.

Another beloved guy of my Mavs to leave [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Soon there will be not much left to like.
Old 06-23-2005, 05:45 AM   #14
The Miles

The Miles is on a distinguished road

I am just glad he is hanging them up finally.

"When you (Coach Johnson) get behind your players like that it’s something special. He’s the general and we are soldiers, you go out there and want to lay it all on the line…that’s the type of situation I wanted to be in."-Doug Christie
The Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 05:59 AM   #15
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: StrikerV
I am filled with sorrow yet at the same time im happy.
Same here.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 07:28 AM   #16
Lebanese_Fan

Did you know that every player in the NBA is overweight except one. Guess who???

Yes, it is Shawn Bradley.

Weird huh, but it is true, he is the only player in the league that his weight is ideal relative to his height.

Even earl boykins is overweight, earl can bench press 300 pounds. Holy Cow.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:37 AM   #17
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

My best to shawn. I loved him and just shook my head sometimes at him. At least I won't have the hear the drunk fan behind me griping that he isn't blocking every shot and getting every rebound.

Ah who am I kidding that drunk fan will still be there yelling at finley now probably. Gotta find the next scapegoat to vent on.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 07:49 AM   #18
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

This ridiculous move further supports my assertions that this team doesn't know what the hell it's doing.

Fuck Mark Cuban.

Fuck the Mavericks.

I hope the Suns sign him.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 07:59 AM   #19
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Dude he's retiring. What does this have to do with the Mavs? Why is this Cuban's fault?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 08:14 AM   #20
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

He's only 33, and can still average 2 blocks in 20 minutes..A team like New Jersey, devoid of big men, should really try and convince him to come back and play.

Don Nelson is the worst thing that can happen to a big man.
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 08:17 AM   #21
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: Lebanese_Fan
Did you know that every player in the NBA is overweight except one. Guess who???

Yes, it is Shawn Bradley.

Weird huh, but it is true, he is the only player in the league that his weight is ideal relative to his height.

Even earl boykins is overweight, earl can bench press 300 pounds. Holy Cow.

I have a very hard time believing Devin Harris, Rip Hamilton and Shaun Livingston are overweight.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 08:24 AM   #22
Lebanese_Fan

They have some muscle man. But u are right, especially Shaun Livingston.

By the way, devin can bench press 185 punds five times. Pretty surprising and good.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:29 AM   #23
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: madape
This ridiculous move further supports my assertions that this team doesn't know what the hell it's doing.

Fuck Mark Cuban.

Fuck the Mavericks.

I hope the Suns sign him.
how the hell is shawn bradley retiring due to injuries any fault of mark cuban?

Quote:
Dallas Mavericks center Shawn Bradley has informed the team of his intention to retire and is negotiating a buyout of his contract.

Bradley and the Mavericks, according to team sources, are close to finalizing a buyout arrangement. The 33-year-old has three seasons left on his contract at $14.5 million.

aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 08:33 AM   #24
Misfit Mav

Misfit Mav will become famous soon enough

I hope he has a happy retirement. It was somewhat marred by high expectations, but he had a long-lived and solid career. What he did for the Mavs is much appreciated.
When asked after the Dallas Mavericks impressive game 3 win over the Sacramento Kings whether he thought the Mavs won because they played well or because the Kings played poorly, Nelson responded that it was hard to tell, much like a thermos. "How do it know?" queried the ever eccentric Nelson. When you put something hot in it, it stays hot. When you put something cold in it, it stays cold. "How do it know?"
Misfit Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 08:37 AM   #25
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

Well, at least he's not retiring because he sucks.

Seriously. He had some good years and some good blocks. If his contract sticks to the mavs, retiring is kindov a slap in the face.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 08:56 AM   #26
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Not really, jacktruth.. it states he's negotiating a buyout. This is a guy that is actually NOT overpaid by NBA standards for backup centers, despite his fluctuating effectiveness. I'm sure he will negotiate a fair buyout, and then all that's left is the cap number, which really doesn't hurt the Mavs as they're already significantly over the cap as it is.

Kinda glad to see him go from a bball standpoint, kinda sad to see him go from a personal standpoint.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 08:59 AM   #27
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

I agree. Rhylan. It was fun to watch him play good. Painfull otherwise.

As a consolation, there a guy that I work with that looks EXACTLY like him, except he's like 5-8. You're welcome to come by and meet him.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 09:02 AM   #28
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs' Bradley to retire, source says

By EDDIE SEFKO / The Dallas Morning News

The Mavericks are working on a long-term buyout of center Shawn Bradley's contract that would facilitate the retirement of the 12-year veteran.

A Mavericks source said Wednesday that the buyout would pay Bradley all of the money he is owed under terms of his contract, but would be spread out over numerous years. His deal calls for him to earn $14.5 million over the next three seasons, including $4.5 million in 2005-06.

According to the source, the 7-6 Bradley has become frustrated with injuries, which included knee and hip problems the past season, and is eager to spend more time with his family, which includes a newborn, as well as five other children for him and wife Annette.

Bradley had a love-hate relationship with coach Don Nelson for most of his eight-plus seasons with the Mavericks. When Avery Johnson took over as coach in March, Bradley clearly became the Mavericks' 12th man.

With young centers Pavel Podkolzin and D.J. Mbenga on the roster, the 33-year-old Bradley was unlikely to get much playing time next season or beyond. Bradley was the No. 2 overall pick in the 1993 draft but never fulfilled expectations.

He averaged 8.1 points and 6.3 rebounds for his career, but those numbers tailed off to just 2.7 points this season.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:22 AM   #29
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

I bet he comes back in a year. This is a strange move. I think the Mavs told him he isn't in their long term plans and he asked if they would give him a buyout. They agreed so he's retiring. Bradley will be back after a season when he's 35. Guaranteed
Old 06-23-2005, 09:25 AM   #30
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Simon2
I bet he comes back in a year. This is a strange move. I think the Mavs told him he isn't in their long term plans and he asked if they would give him a buyout. They agreed so he's retiring. Bradley will be back after a season when he's 35. Guaranteed
Hasn't Bradley sais all along that Basketball has never been his passion? That it's just his job?

If he's truly knicked up with injuries, what makes you think he loves the sport enough to sit out an entire year and then put in the effort to get back in shape after that?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 06-23-2005, 09:29 AM   #31
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

I'll miss you, big fella. You were greatness in the paint, no matter what the haters said.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:30 AM   #32
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

For the last two years I seriously question whether or not Sean's heart was truly on the game. He was so inconsistent. Greater efforts would have made his name one to remember, now.... I guess it's over.

Mantis... you will be missed.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:40 AM   #33
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: jthig32
Quote:
Hasn't Bradley sais all along that Basketball has never been his passion? That it's just his job?

If he's truly knicked up with injuries, what makes you think he loves the sport enough to sit out an entire year and then put in the effort to get back in shape after that?
What makes you think his injuries are severe enough to make him retire? Remember, two years ago, he came back to play when he and Dirk had knee injuries in the Spurs series.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:42 AM   #34
uberfan
Golden Member

uberfan has a spectacular aura aboutuberfan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

With Bradley possibly in need of additional surgery, Dallas is expected to forward his case to an independent doctor for review. If Bradley's injuries are determined to be career-ending, the balance of his contract would drop off the Dallas payroll after one season. If the injuries are not deemed career-ending, his contract remains on the Mavericks' cap.
With hip and even more knee problems, even after this past preseason knee surgery, no wonder he was often ineffective this past season. Would account for his restricted mobility( by his normal standards) this past season.

If he is facing more surgery then we could expect even less this coming season. It would also limit any real trade possibilties if he could not pass a physical.

I like Shawn and wish him and his family well. Retirement seems like the best for all parties involved.
uberfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 09:55 AM   #35
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Bradley has never seemed to be about the money, or about the power, or about attitude (which has hurt him in his profession). Many thanks to Shawn Bradley for the fun he has brought to Dallas, and I wish him well in his retirement.

IMO, he doesn't come back though. Enough is enough, and his retirement will be permanent.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 10:40 AM   #36
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: Lebanese_Fan
Quote:

I am really proud of Shawn. 6 kids at 33, way to go BABY. By the way how tall are his wife and kids? Just curious.
Annette is around 5'2". His kids are in the top percentile for their ages.

BTW don't expect a Shawn comeback unless it's with the Mavs. Annette really likes the Dallas area, and I don't see Shawn uprooting his kids from friends and school. The only possible exception might be Utah where he could be closer to family.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:47 AM   #37
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

And now we enter the Pavel/DJ era.
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 10:49 AM   #38
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

by all accounts, a great guy.

harsh question: "Shawn Bradley, bust or no?"

go be an even better Daddy than you were before big guy! (this is where is heart really is...and good for him!)

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 10:51 AM   #39
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

I wonder if the Mavs approached him about a trade possibility and this pushed Bradley's hand?
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 11:06 AM   #40
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: jthig32
Quote:

What makes you think his injuries are severe enough to make him retire? Remember, two years ago, he came back to play when he and Dirk had knee injuries in the Spurs series.
Well, I'd say this line right here would seem to suggest that his injuries are severe enough to make him retire.

Quote:
According to the source, the 7-6 Bradley has become frustrated with injuries, which included knee and hip problems the past season, and is eager to spend more time with his family, which includes a newborn, as well as five other children for him and wife Annette.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game