Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 09-06-2010, 12:42 PM   #41
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Again, be sure to tune in today to the show! Don't forget to download the podcast as well. We'll throw some Mavericks related situations to some of the bigger stories going on around the league.

What else are you doin, working?
Old 09-06-2010, 02:24 PM   #42
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
What else are you doin, working?
Uhh, drinkin'?

But listening to a podcast doesn't involve the use of my drinkin' hand, so I guess I can tune in...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 08:04 PM   #43
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

http://ballinwithbryan.podomatic.com/

E8 is up!
I think it's the best one yet!
Old 09-13-2010, 07:00 PM   #44
BGMaverick9
Guru

E9
Old 09-25-2010, 04:30 PM   #45
BGMaverick9
Guru

E10

Sorry for the delay, computer issues!
There will not be an episode this coming week due to my participation at Mavs Media Day on Monday (woooooo!) Be sure to go to Mavs Moneyball Monday Night and Tuesday to find out all the tidbits I found out over the course of the day.

Just a heads up, my show will change to be All-Mavs instead of NBA. The Mavericks Outsiders Report should be in full force in about 3-4 weeks!
Old 10-02-2010, 11:15 AM   #46
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
E10

Sorry for the delay, computer issues!
There will not be an episode this coming week due to my participation at Mavs Media Day on Monday (woooooo!) Be sure to go to Mavs Moneyball Monday Night and Tuesday to find out all the tidbits I found out over the course of the day.

Just a heads up, my show will change to be All-Mavs instead of NBA. The Mavericks Outsiders Report should be in full force in about 3-4 weeks!
Finally got around to listening to this - good stuff!

(I can't wait until the show goes all-Mavs...)

Old 10-06-2010, 03:17 PM   #47
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Finally got around to listening to this - good stuff!

(I can't wait until the show goes all-Mavs...)
Thanks!

here is E11

Me and Rhylan were discussing it and we're thinking not next Monday but the following Monday will the premiere episode....we shall see!
Old 10-06-2010, 03:29 PM   #48
Underdog

Quote:
Thanks!

here is E11

Me and Rhylan were discussing it and we're thinking not next Monday but the following Monday will the premiere episode....we shall see!
Is Rhylan going to be a regular?

I like how you guys riff off each other...

Old 10-06-2010, 03:49 PM   #49
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Is Rhylan going to be a regular?

I like how you guys riff off each other...
As long as scheduling permits, he'll be on board.

Hopeful to get guys like Followill and Fisher on at least once a month for interviews as well.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:03 AM   #50
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, BG, I got to have that first song you play on epi 11. The Haddaway/Lil Wayne/Eminem combo. It's amazing. What's the name of it?

Good episode, btw.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:21 AM   #51
BGMaverick9
Guru

Thanks!

It's called "No Love" it's off Eminem's latest album: Recovery
Old 10-11-2010, 09:29 PM   #52
BGMaverick9
Guru

here is e12

It was a "season finale" of sorts...The Mavericks Outsider Report begins next Monday.
Every single person on this board has some kind of vested interest in our content...so I expect a LOT of LIVE listens and downloads

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 10-12-2010 at 01:12 AM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:04 AM   #53
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Hey BG, i missed the last three sessions. Did you manage to bring some athlets to your mic ?
Old 10-12-2010, 01:12 AM   #54
BGMaverick9
Guru

Unfortunately no, but hopefully things will pick up better as the season rolls along.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:10 AM   #55
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Sportsmen have to do so much interview-stuff, but maybe someone will sneak in your show sometimes.

Btw. Dirk uses to hold court at "The Ticket" or "B&S" once a year. Does anyone know if that has happened, yet ?
Old 10-17-2010, 08:23 PM   #56
BGMaverick9
Guru

Alright guys! All hands on deck!

The all-Mavericks show starts TOMORROW, Mavericks Outsider Report will get you caught up to date on what's happened (if you're just getting back into the swing of things), look ahead and try to look into the future. Rhylan and I will be on every Monday from 3-5 on www.fishbowlradionetwork.com in the Green Bowl.

It's all Mavericks, you guys should be interested haha. Please, PLEASE listen and download the show and feel free to call in and share your thoughts, they are always welcomed!
Old 10-17-2010, 09:28 PM   #57
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
so I expect a LOT of LIVE listens and downloads
is one better for you than the other?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 09:29 PM   #58
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pumped about hearing you boys talk Mavs!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 10-17-2010, 09:34 PM   #59
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
is one better for you than the other?
I think for this week or the first few weeks live listens will help...the station documents the listens and etc. I've been relatively steady with downloads, so a strong support, especially early, with live listens would be good. So be sure to spread the word! They'll (the station) notice and help promote it more and more.

Quote:
I'm pumped about hearing you boys talk Mavs!
We are definitely excited. Getting fancier, with nice bells and whistles. We've got ourselves a nice logo and etc.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 10-17-2010 at 09:35 PM.
Old 10-17-2010, 10:51 PM   #60
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
I think for this week or the first few weeks live listens will help...the station documents the listens and etc. I've been relatively steady with downloads, so a strong support, especially early, with live listens would be good. So be sure to spread the word! They'll (the station) notice and help promote it more and more.

We are definitely excited. Getting fancier, with nice bells and whistles. We've got ourselves a nice logo and etc.
how do we listen live? So what do I do to listen at 3pm?

Old 10-18-2010, 12:37 AM   #61
BGMaverick9
Guru

you'll go to www.fishbowlradionetwork.com and click to listen to the green bowl
that's all you need to do and you'll be good to go.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:53 AM   #62
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Do you take calls?

We take calls on our Stars podcast and love them when we get them. People are always shy at first, though.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:55 AM   #63
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Do you take calls?

We take calls on our Stars podcast and love them when we get them. People are always shy at first, though.
Yeah, once we open the line, phone calls will be taken.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:24 PM   #64
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Hey DJ - where is the bass ?
Old 10-18-2010, 03:42 PM   #65
sike
The Preacha

can't get the live stream....oh well. I'll download it later.

Old 10-18-2010, 05:40 PM   #66
BGMaverick9
Guru

That's really weird it didn't work...the podcast will be up real soon.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:43 PM   #67
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
That's really weird it didn't work...the podcast will be up real soon.
It could just have been an error on my end...but I'd like to know if anyone else heard it live.

let us know when the podcast is posted...I'm looking forward to it.

Old 10-18-2010, 05:45 PM   #68
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
It could just have been an error on my end...but I'd like to know if anyone else heard it live.

let us know when the podcast is posted...I'm looking forward to it.
I haven't gotten a hold of my dad and sister yet, loyal listeners haha

The link will be here for sure...I thought the show was pretty darn good. Nice discussions on a variety of Mavericks issues.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:08 PM   #69
BGMaverick9
Guru

e1 for Mavericks Outsider Report
Old 10-19-2010, 12:56 AM   #70
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll have very few opportunities to listen live given the time frame, but if I'm ever able to I will definitely do my best to call in.

And I'll certainly be listening to them all after the fact. I've wished there was a regular Mavs' centric podcast for a long time.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 05:06 PM   #71
sike
The Preacha

I've listened to sports radio pretty regularly for 20 years and have never once called in...but it would be cool to hear a lot of DM family dropping their two cents on the Outsider Report.

Old 10-19-2010, 06:47 PM   #72
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

So I'll need to resubscribe to the feed on iTunes, correct? (sorry if you already said this, I haven't read any of the posts above. I probably should, but its so much easier for someone to just tell me. And I mean that in the nicest way possible (which isn't very nice, but whatever).)
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:36 PM   #73
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I'll have very few opportunities to listen live given the time frame, but if I'm ever able to I will definitely do my best to call in.

And I'll certainly be listening to them all after the fact. I've wished there was a regular Mavs' centric podcast for a long time.
I totally understand the timing aspect, whenever you can listen live and call in...go for it!

Quote:
I've listened to sports radio pretty regularly for 20 years and have never once called in...but it would be cool to hear a lot of DM family dropping their two cents on the Outsider Report.
The show will definitely be an extension of our DM family for sure, and I know this is something everyone on here will love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
So I'll need to resubscribe to the feed on iTunes, correct? (sorry if you already said this, I haven't read any of the posts above. I probably should, but its so much easier for someone to just tell me. And I mean that in the nicest way possible (which isn't very nice, but whatever).)
It's not on iTunes, it's just uploaded through podomatic...it'll eventually make its way to iTunes though.

oh, and by the way...the downloads are doing awesome so far. Out of 167 Pro Sports Podcasts on Podomatic, we are 20th!
And out of 40,000+ podcasts, the show is 3,103. The rankings are updated daily so be sure to keep spreading the word

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 10-19-2010 at 09:39 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:55 PM   #74
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still working through this week's show (been very busy). But I need to throw one suggestion out there:

Your break music is way, way too long for my taste. I guess it's because you broadcast live, so you have to fill the space? And that makes sense. But if you're able to edit the audio at all before posting as a podcast, I would really, really suggest shortening significantly. I would personally be in favor of removing it completely, but some successful podcasts do leave some break music in place, so maybe it works for others.

But I really, really recommend shortening it a lot if possible. I'm 30 minutes into the podcast and there's been over five minutes of music.

Good show so far, I enjoyed the sabre discussion.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 10-21-2010, 04:21 PM   #75
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
I'm still working through this week's show (been very busy). But I need to throw one suggestion out there:

Your break music is way, way too long for my taste. I guess it's because you broadcast live, so you have to fill the space? And that makes sense. But if you're able to edit the audio at all before posting as a podcast, I would really, really suggest shortening significantly. I would personally be in favor of removing it completely, but some successful podcasts do leave some break music in place, so maybe it works for others.

But I really, really recommend shortening it a lot if possible. I'm 30 minutes into the podcast and there's been over five minutes of music.

Good show so far, I enjoyed the sabre discussion.
Thanks, I'll have to see how that works out time-wise because with editing and stuff. With the season coming up, covering the games, getting ready and prepping the show...I'll just have to see how that works out.

But I'll definitely keep it in mind!
Old 10-23-2010, 11:02 AM   #76
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Finally finished this up this morning. Good stuff guys. I hope there's plenty of people on this board giving this a listen.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-23-2010, 11:26 AM   #77
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Finally finished this up this morning. Good stuff guys. I hope there's plenty of people on this board giving this a listen.
Thanks! Like I mentioned earlier, this is definitely an extension of our bubble here on the board. I hope everyone enjoys it and it will get more and more content as we roll along.
Old 10-24-2010, 12:23 AM   #78
BGMaverick9
Guru

On Monday, we will have some audio from Rick Carlisle and one bit from Brendan Haywood from Friday's finale against the Rockets.

That, some funny bets for the season, looking ahead to the first week of the season and a whole lot more!
Old 10-24-2010, 08:24 AM   #79
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
On Monday, we will have some audio from Rick Carlisle and one bit from Brendan Haywood from Friday's finale against the Rockets.

That, some funny bets for the season, looking ahead to the first week of the season and a whole lot more!
So who are you credentialed under? MMB?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-24-2010, 11:20 AM   #80
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
So who are you credentialed under? MMB?
Yup, I just put up a piece on there about my experience on Friday.